Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!  (Read 16457 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »

I do agree that Sorry's lyrics (though Axl acts like its not about Slash) are more attacking, but on Crucify the Dead, there is no attack, but more of "we had it all, we were like brothers" yada, yada, yada.. 

The 2nd part, its fucking Ozzy Osbourne, he is a legend to Slash, Slash isn't going to tell him how to write, or what to write about.

In what way are Ozzy's lyrics not an attack? The message of the lyrics seems to clearly be the same shit people have been saying for years - that Axl's a dick who fucked everything up. Everything's his fault. And his new band are just a bunch of paid-for yes men. And to top it all of "you are dead to me". If that's not an attack, I don't know what is. Whether what is being said is true or not, I don't know... no one on here knows. But, Ozzy being the one to write it is bullshit.

And no jacdaniel. Having a strong back catalogue of highly successful music does not entitle you to go on about something he wasn't there for. You don't get a free pass, just because some people have labelled you a 'rock god'. And there's no way Axl could have known Slash's mother was dying of cancer... no one knew until she'd died.

i would consider the lyrics as a  3rd party observer from someone who's been thru the same situation or similar situations and his opinion on it
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Ozzy writing lyrics about the breakup of GNR.  He's free to have an opinion.  Obviously he doesn't know the truth and the reasons behind everything, but that really doesn't matter.  Axl explained how "Shackler's Revenge" was based on the senseless school shootings from back in the day.  Was Axl involved in those shootings?  I'm quite sure he wasn't.  So how can he comment on such a thing?  Easily.

Obviously, I don't care what Ozzy thinks of the situation but he's well within his rights.  And more importantly, this song is just not that strong and that's all that counts.  Subject matter, or not.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with Ozzy writing lyrics about the breakup of GNR.  He's free to have an opinion.  Obviously he doesn't know the truth and the reasons behind everything, but that really doesn't matter.  Axl explained how "Shackler's Revenge" was based on the senseless school shootings from back in the day.  Was Axl involved in those shootings?  I'm quite sure he wasn't.  So how can he comment on such a thing?  Easily.

Obviously, I don't care what Ozzy thinks of the situation but he's well within his rights.  And more importantly, this song is just not that strong and that's all that counts.  Subject matter, or not.

Axl didn't write Shackler's about one particular school shooting but about the general nature of the crimes themselves. There is abundant information on these events and their justifications.

Ozzy though wrote a song about the death of one particular band of which he bore no witness and assigned blame to one particular individual. 

Forgive me, but I prefer songs not based on the guestimates.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »

Axl didn't write Shackler's about one particular school shooting but about the general nature of the crimes themselves. There is abundant information on these events and their justifications.

Ozzy though wrote a song about the death of one particular band of which he bore no witness and assigned blame to one particular individual. 

Forgive me, but I prefer songs not based on the guestimates.

I hear what you're saying, but it still doesn't bother me because like I said before, I could care less what Ozzy thinks of the situation. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »

i think ozzy has a paternalistic sort of attitude to the rockstars like axl and slash... and he can say whatever the fuck he wants about the situation. its not the same as tommy.. you forget that ozzy DOES know axl, and probably knows ALOT of what went on in guns' break up. Hell, his own guitarist (Zakk) was almost in the band..

i can't see ozzy having written lyrics, and slash saying "No dude, thats off the album. I wont have any BAD things said about a person who called me a cancer!"

but axl shouldn't take it as a slash attack; i doubt slash feels the way ozzy does, hes got well more complex emotions.

but im glad this came up, i relistened to sorry.. aweosme song!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »

As far as I recall, Zakk said that he loves Axl and the only bad thing about the experience of jamming with the band was when the management got involved. Not sure if his own guitarist's experience would have in any way influenced this track.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

Slash: New song not about Axl

On Slash?s self-titled solo debut, in stores Tuesday, the legendary guitarist of Guns N? Roses and Velvet Revolver fame appears to have included a new song about his former GN?R bandmate Axl Rose.

But appearances can be deceiving.

It was actually Ozzy Osbourne, Slash?s collaborator on the track, Crucify The Dead, who penned and sang the lyrics that seem to reference Rose: ?A loaded gun jammed by a rose, the thorns are not around your head, your ego cut you ?til you bled.?

?It was an Ozzy thing,? said Slash, 44, during a recent interview during Canadian Music Week.

?He said the song represents the situation he?s had in his relationships with other musicians. Yes, there were some key lines in there that were very suggestive of my experience. But he said, ?No, this is just an overall picture of the issues.? ?

QMI Agency   

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »

OZZY Says 'Crucify The Dead' Lyrics Are What He Would Say To AXL ROSE If He Were SLASH - May 28, 2010

Ozzy Osbourne was one of the featured guests on the recently released solo album from former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash. The Prince of Darkness sings on a track called "Crucify The Dead" and as Ozzy told VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner, the legendary BLACK SABBATH frontman helped with the lyrics, too. In fact, Osbourne says the song is about what he would tell GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose if he were in Slash's shoes.

"Slash sent me the music of it and I worked on the melody and some lyrics for him and what I did with the lyrics, I thought, what's always gotten me about the GUNS N' ROSES guys and I say to Slash all the time, 'Do you realize what you guys did? You'll never understand. You guys could've been the next ROLLING STONES, the next superband,'" Ozzy said. "And what I wrote in the song, 'Crucify the Dead', is if I were Slash, what I would send in a message to Axl.

"I've never met Axl but I would be pissed off and the lyrics are about that."

In a recent interview, Slash denied that the "Crucify The Dead" lyrics had anything to do with Axl, explaining, "It was an Ozzy thing. He says the song represents the situation he's had in his relationships with other musicians."

Slash continued, "Yes, there were some key lines in there that were very suggestive of my own experience ? but, no, this is just an overall picture of the issues."

"Crucify The Dead" lyrics (written by Ozzy Osbourne):

The fire started long ago
The flames burned out, still embers glow
So charred and black
There's nothing left to burn, to burn

We had the same dream
Lived life to extreme
A loaded gun jammed by a rose

The thorns are knots around your head
Your ego cursed you till you bled
You cannot crucify the dead
To me you're dead, yeah

The future is unset in stone
Decisions past leave you alone
Betrayed us all with your own selfish greed, your greed, yeah

New soldiers now say
That your beggars collect
Re-crucified and paid by you

To me you're dead, yeah

We were like brothers with the world in our hands
You always have too much to say
Someday you look back and you wonder why
You let it all slip away, yeah

[Solo]

Crucify the dead
Crucify the dead

To me you're dead, yeah

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140820

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: