Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:14:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!  (Read 16453 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »

The song is fucking horrible anyways so whatever

Bet you didnt even listen to it.  You just clicked on the first song thread you could find regarding the Slash album and posted how horrible it was.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »

I don't think it's horrible, but it is my least favourite of the tracks I've heard so far. So I'll give Jim Bob the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, against my better judgment.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »

You know what I find funny?  People on this board are crucifying (no pun intended) Ozzy for doing the exact same thing that a lot of the posters on this board do on a daily basis.  That would be having an opinion on something they know nothing about.  A lot of people hate Slash and rip him to no end but they have no fucking idea what happened back in the GNR days.  Does Ozzy have a right to open his mouth about GNR? no.  But it is funny that some of the people ripping him are guilty of the same shit.  I know Slash was the first one to tell Weiland to shut the fuck up about Axl back in 2006.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:05:19 PM by Bodhi » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »

I like the song it is not my favorite but I think it is a good song. And I am not upset with Slash or even Ozzy for that matter. And when it is all said and done it is just a song on a cd. Smiley
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

didn't know that quote or looked through it sorry guys!

no matter. I like the song and it's catchy
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »

You know what I find funny?  People on this board are crucifying (no pun intended) Ozzy for doing the exact same thing that a lot of the posters on this board do on a daily basis.  That would be having an opinion on something they know nothing about.  A lot of people hate Slash and rip him to no end but they have no fucking idea what happened back in the GNR days.  Does Ozzy have a right to open his mouth about GNR? no.  But it is funny that some of the people ripping him are guilty of the same shit.  I know Slash was the first one to tell Weiland to shut the fuck up about Axl back in 2006.

I understand what you're saying, but this situation is a little different.  First, Ozzy is in effect speaking for Slash by writing the song in the first person narrative.  He's literally pretending he was there and knows what was going.  Then, he's putting it in song form.  By putting this in song form, he's injecting himself into this feud right alongside Slash by singing these lyrics on Slash's album.  That's not the same thing as a bunch of people discussing it on a message board.

Since you mentioned Weiland, that begs the question, why is it o.k. for Ozzy to write a song bashing Axl and not o.k. for Weiland to bash Axl in a public statement?  I know I asked it before, but I've yet to see anyone come up with anything reasonable.  I can't either, that's why I'm asking for theories on that.

Ali
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »

Just a theory for Ali;  Scott's attack was insulting and I thought mean. He really did not have anything constructive to say and just insulted and made fun of Axl's appearance. His remarks always reminded me of a mean kid on the school play ground. Most people do not like to here anyone made fun of especially when it is someone close. And even though they are at war with each other it is apparent that Slash and Axl still have some kind of feelings for each other.  Ozzy's song is not insulting to Axl. It seams to call to Axl and maybe it is what Slash would actually like to say to Axl himself. That is why he does not consider it a diss. It goes back to what I posted before Ozzy did write the lyrics but Slash knew what they were and let them be put on the cd. He had to have known also that everyone including Axl would know who the song is about.  Just my theory. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:13:17 PM by sleeper » Logged
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »

Guys, just remember that Ozzy has been through the same shit, so he knows what he's saying.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »

Guys, just remember that Ozzy has been through the same shit, so he knows what he's saying.
maybe he shoulda put "dark rest" into the lyrics Tongue
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

Just a theory for Ali;  Scott's attack was insulting and I thought mean. He really did not have anything constructive to say and just insulted and made fun of Axl's appearance. His remarks always reminded me of a mean kid on the school play ground. Most people do not like to here anyone made fun of especially when it is someone close. And even though they are at war with each other it is apparent that Slash and Axl still have some kind of feelings for each other.  Ozzy's song is not insulting to Axl. It seams to call to Axl and maybe it is what Slash would actually like to say to Axl himself. That is why he does not consider it a diss. It goes back to what I posted before Ozzy did write the lyrics but Slash knew what they were and let them be put on the cd. He had to have known also that everyone including Axl would know who the song is about.  Just my theory. Smiley

I understand what you are saying.  In all honesty, though, I do not see such a fine distinction as being valid.  To me, it's just splitting hairs. 

I honestly think that Slash should've just said "please stay out of this.  Whatever happened is between me and him.  Please don't get involved."  Either that or written the lyrics himself if that is the message or feeling or thought he wants to convey.

Ali
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »

So Ozzy wrote the lyrics to that song?
I thought Slash had written all the lyrics and guitar riffs and the singers were just there to sing it

Oh My God i cant deny this...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2010, 09:39:09 PM »

I thought Slash had written all the lyrics and guitar riffs and the singers were just there to sing it

Have you ever taken a look at any GN'R / VR cd inserts , yeah.... awesome guitarist but not so much a lyricist in any sense  Grin
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »

I do agree that Sorry's lyrics (though Axl acts like its not about Slash) are more attacking, but on Crucify the Dead, there is no attack, but more of "we had it all, we were like brothers" yada, yada, yada.. 

The 2nd part, its fucking Ozzy Osbourne, he is a legend to Slash, Slash isn't going to tell him how to write, or what to write about.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »

I understand what you're saying, but this situation is a little different.  First, Ozzy is in effect speaking for Slash by writing the song in the first person narrative.  He's literally pretending he was there and knows what was going.  Then, he's putting it in song form.  By putting this in song form, he's injecting himself into this feud right alongside Slash by singing these lyrics on Slash's album.  That's not the same thing as a bunch of people discussing it on a message board.

Since you mentioned Weiland, that begs the question, why is it o.k. for Ozzy to write a song bashing Axl and not o.k. for Weiland to bash Axl in a public statement?  I know I asked it before, but I've yet to see anyone come up with anything reasonable.  I can't either, that's why I'm asking for theories on that.

Ali

I'm with you, its not ok what Ozzy did.  Just like its not ok what people on this board do, which is assume they know better than people who were actually there. 
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 04:11:53 AM »

Since you mentioned Weiland, that begs the question, why is it o.k. for Ozzy to write a song bashing Axl and not o.k. for Weiland to bash Axl in a public statement?

Well.. times change.  If someone calls you a cancer while your mom is dying from the said disease, im guessing you'd be pretty pissed, even if you didn't always show it.

Ozzy is also a rock god... he can have any opinion on whatever he wants to in the rock world.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2010, 06:05:30 AM »

I do agree that Sorry's lyrics (though Axl acts like its not about Slash) are more attacking, but on Crucify the Dead, there is no attack, but more of "we had it all, we were like brothers" yada, yada, yada.. 

The 2nd part, its fucking Ozzy Osbourne, he is a legend to Slash, Slash isn't going to tell him how to write, or what to write about.

In what way are Ozzy's lyrics not an attack? The message of the lyrics seems to clearly be the same shit people have been saying for years - that Axl's a dick who fucked everything up. Everything's his fault. And his new band are just a bunch of paid-for yes men. And to top it all of "you are dead to me". If that's not an attack, I don't know what is. Whether what is being said is true or not, I don't know... no one on here knows. But, Ozzy being the one to write it is bullshit.

And no jacdaniel. Having a strong back catalogue of highly successful music does not entitle you to go on about something he wasn't there for. You don't get a free pass, just because some people have labelled you a 'rock god'. And there's no way Axl could have known Slash's mother was dying of cancer... no one knew until she'd died.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2010, 06:51:47 AM »

And no jacdaniel. Having a strong back catalogue of highly successful music does not entitle you to go on about something he wasn't there for. You don't get a free pass, just because some people have labelled you a 'rock god'. And there's no way Axl could have known Slash's mother was dying of cancer... no one knew until she'd died.

i can see why you're upset but ive just learned to drown all the shit out.
There's too much good things going on lately with this album coming out, the tour and GNR on tour for me to listen to all the juvenile things going around them.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2010, 07:01:07 AM »

I have to admit to being upset that my initial post expressing my anger is what started this shitstorm. Because this is practically the only bad thing I can say about the album so far, and it might seem to some that I'm just being negative.
I'm not... it's just there's less discussion about the other songs at the moment.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2010, 07:07:12 AM »

I have to admit to being upset that my initial post expressing my anger is what started this shitstorm. Because this is practically the only bad thing I can say about the album so far, and it might seem to some that I'm just being negative.
I'm not... it's just there's less discussion about the other songs at the moment.

nah, ive seen your posts and know you're not negative  Smiley

Im actually surprised about the lack of talk on each track. i guess its cos we're getting hit with so many and people wont properly start talking til they have the album and have given a few listens.  Feedback seems good so far thankfully.  Even on some neutral sites.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2010, 08:56:45 AM »

slash had nothing to do with the lyrics or vocal melodies; just arranging them intop the song
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: