Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crucify the Dead streaming now!!!  (Read 16455 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »

Slash - "this is an interesting one. He [Ozzy] wrote those lyrics.... I was sitting beside him in the studio when he was putting it together and it had something to do with a relationship he'd been in. I'm not going to specify with who, but it's one of those vocals that could relate to a lot of people. Which is kinda funny because it reminded me of alot of relationships I've been in as well."

from this months metal hammer magazine.

I hope this is factual and it is pure Ozzy, but the rose in the gun reference is too direct to vindicate Slash launching a shot across the bow of Axl Rose.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »

Slash - "this is an interesting one. He [Ozzy] wrote those lyrics.... I was sitting beside him in the studio when he was putting it together and it had something to do with a relationship he'd been in. I'm not going to specify with who, but it's one of those vocals that could relate to a lot of people. Which is kinda funny because it reminded me of alot of relationships I've been in as well."

funny, here's what i found on mygnr regarding this song:

Classic Rock magazine, April 2010. Bigass feature on Slash's solo record, and the following quote from OZZY:
I helped write the lyrics and melody for the song with my producer. It's kind of about what I think happened to Guns N' Roses. I often say to Slash 'Y'know what? One day you guys are going to wake up and go "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?". The song's what I'd be singing to Axl if I was Slash, y'know, 'They can't crucify you when you're dead'

I'm a Ozzy fan, but this is a shitty fuckin move ok
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 11:06:27 AM »

Well Ozzy wrote the lyrics, not Slash. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »

Classic Rock magazine, April 2010. Bigass feature on Slash's solo record, and the following quote from OZZY:
I helped write the lyrics and melody for the song with my producer. It's kind of about what I think happened to Guns N' Roses. I often say to Slash 'Y'know what? One day you guys are going to wake up and go "What the fuck did we have and why did we blow it?". The song's what I'd be singing to Axl if I was Slash, y'know, 'They can't crucify you when you're dead'

Well, we know this song was done at Ozzy's house and that Ozzy wrote the lyrics with his producer , not Slash.  I wonder at what point Ozzy told Slash he is actually writing a song about Slash and Axl?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »

They're just song lyrics, they can mean different things to different people. thats the beauty of music.   

Not like Axl holds back when he has something to say anyways.  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »

They're just song lyrics, they can mean different things to different people. thats the beauty of music.   

Not like Axl holds back when he has something to say anyways.  hihi

Axl has every right to say stuff about slash, Ozzy has no business saying anything about what happened with Guns though as he has no idea what happened. Personally I think it's a shitty move on Ozzy and slash's part.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »

Big time.

A big F U to slash for putting it out.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »

what about "Sorry"?  and other things Axl said of Slash?
i guess he gets a free pass?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:00:23 PM by jacdaniel » Logged

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »

That's not the point being made. If Slash wrote the lyrics, that'd be fine by me (whether I'd agree with it or not would be a different matter)... but he didn't. Ozzy wrote them. It's a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with him, therefore he does not have the right to say it.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »

That's not the point being made. If Slash wrote the lyrics, that'd be fine by me (whether I'd agree with it or not would be a different matter)... but he didn't. Ozzy wrote them. It's a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with him, therefore he does not have the right to say it.

Most songs though are based on a number of things.  notice how he says its "kind of" about what he "thinks" happened with them.  but it also probably has other deeper meanings to Ozzy. 

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 12:28:06 PM »

It's far too pointed and specific to be about anything else.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »

Most songs though are based on a number of things.  notice how he says its "kind of" about what he "thinks" happened with them.  but it also probably has other deeper meanings to Ozzy. 

Dude there is no way you can say it's about anything other than Axl when Ozzy comes out and says it himself. You know it's a shitty move and shouldn't have been done, just admit it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »

It's lame that ozzy writes lyrics of what he thinks of the break up, like he knows anything, and that slash is alright with it, there's no way slash is so god damn dumb that he really he believes the lyrics are about some old relationship for ozzy, that's simply not possible

as for sorry, here's a quote "and for the idiots, no this song was not written about someone i used to know" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eJBmxvf2Fc
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »

You know it's a shitty move and shouldn't have been done, just admit it.

No.
Axl said enough shit about Slash and vice versa that if one can do it so can the other.
Its juvenile i know, but it is what it is.  Especially with the media fueling it all.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »

No.
Axl said enough shit about Slash and vice versa that if one can do it so can the other.
Its juvenile i know, but it is what it is.  Especially with the media fueling it all.

Again... it is not Slash. It is Ozzy. Slash is not Ozzy. Ozzy was not there. END OF FUCKING DISCUSSION!

Although, Slash could be accused of hypocrisy, considering he's said many times how much he hates people who didn't have to go through it talking shit about Axl. But he appears to be supporting someone doing just that on his record. But that's another debate.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:47:31 PM by AxlReznor » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 12:50:22 PM »

No.

Again... it is not Slash. It is Ozzy. Slash is not Ozzy. Ozzy was not there. END OF FUCKING DISCUSSION!

i think you're reading a little too much into it. 
If you don't like it, boycott the track by all means. or even the whole album.

I will agree that if they both sat around trying to right lyrics just to upset Axl... thats pretty juvenile.
But i can already apply the song to different situations ive encountered in life.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:28 PM »

Wow, some of you take things so seriously. "He wasn't there! He doesn't know the truth! Wah!"
Lighten up. It's just Ozzy's take on things. Are you people seriously now telling Ozzy what he can or cannot write and sing about?

I don't think Axl will give a flying fuck. Just a bunch of people on message boards.

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »

Reading too much into it? Ozzy said what it is about himself. It's not reading too much into it. Roll Eyes

And @Genesis Yes, I am. It has nothing to do with him.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »

I don't think Axl will give a flying fuck. Just a bunch of people on message boards.
I don't care about what axl thinks of this

it's a shitty move and it's discussed on message boards yes ok
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 12:54:25 PM »

But i can already apply the song to different situations ive encountered in life.

It doesn't matter what you can apply the song to, it matters what it was written about. Ozzy has no business writing about what happened in GNR since he wasn't there and doesn't know what has gone on and what is now going on.

@Genesis The thing is people will listen to this song and believe what Ozzy is saying about things is true. That's the problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: