Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy is $1.99 at Best Buy
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is $1.99 at Best Buy  (Read 58468 times)
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »

If they were so desperate to clear out shelf space, how about actually making sure people knew the album was on sale and not sold for the price on the price tag?

If you read this thread, you'll notice that Best Buy doesn't seem as desperate as you suggest.

They lowered the price and didn't do anything.

The only reason people knew of the new price was because they read it on the Internet.

Great idea to clear shelf space. Let's secretly lower the price and wait for the customers to realize....

/jarmo

I'm not sure if I understand what you are attempting to get at?

I saw that the album was being sold for $1.99 in a BB circular advertisement. I didn't learn of the discounted price on the internet.

Based on the BB rep's comments, I do agree that discounting the price did little to move the album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »

Did you bother reading this thread?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »

/jarmo

All 13 pages? No.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »

I do agree that discounting the price did little to move the album.

GUNS N' ROSES's 'Chinese Democracy' Re-Enters BILLBOARD Chart - Apr. 7, 2011

"Chinese Democracy", the 2008 album released by the current edition of GUNS N' ROSES after a 15-year wait, sold around 3,200 copies in the United States in the week ending Sunday, April 3 ? nearly three times the units (1,200) it shifted the previous week. As a result, the CD has re-entered The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 198.

As previously reported, "Chinese Democracy" can now be purchased at BestBuy.com for $1.99.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »

/jarmo

All 13 pages? No.

It's a good idea to check what's been said earlier...

Before you start making claims.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2011, 11:38:40 PM »

/jarmo

All 13 pages? No.

It's a good idea to check what's been said earlier...

Before you start making claims.

/jarmo

Fair point. Maybe I shouldn't have said that reducing the cost of the album did little to move it because it did put CD back at #198 in the Billboard 200.

With that said, I would have preferred to have seen this ridiculously low price having made more of an impact. I mean, I'm glad it allowed them to triple previous weeks sales for a week or two, but in the big picture, I would have liked to have seen the product sale based on the quality of material and not price.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »

Check page two, seems like Best Buy didn't do a good job at informing people it was on sale.

Just an example.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:47:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2011, 01:50:05 AM »

And Well...

ChineDem Is Sold Out In Some Stores

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »

And Well...

ChineDem Is Sold Out In Some Stores

hihi

And it's been on the shelves since November 2008 so let's not go getting too excited about that. But it is good to see some new people exposed to CD even if they fished it out of the bargain bin.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »

Just to ensure I fully understood the topic of the discussion, I went back and read all 13 pages.

Damn! I was floored at the number of copies some folks purchased; especially the guy who had the back seat of his car filled with copies of the album. I LOL'd.

It made me feel kind of bad knowing that I had only purchased 1 copy and misplaced that within the first six months.

Last I knew, my BB had tons of copies still on the shelf. I'm going to pick up a copy later this week and give the album another listen.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »

It seems to me that (at least) some Best Buy employees were put off by the whole Chinese Democracy saga, and so if given the chance they'll say anything to disparage the album.  I think it's safe to say that things didn't happen quite as they expected, but as has been stated, they did an absolutely terrible job in pushing the product.  I realize it's not their responsibility solely, but they sure didn't help the cause.

And regardless, I wouldn't trust anything a Best Buy associate has to say concerning why there aren't any copies left on the shelves because there's no demand vs. their abundant supply.  Do you really think they have that kind of knowledge?  Unless that's a decision made at store level, which I HIGHLY doubt with a corporation as large as Best Buy.  That would be a decision that would need to be made at the top of the chain and would trickle down to all the individual stores.  I have a hard time believing that to be the case.  So unless that employee had a close relationship with the high level executives at Best Buy I wouldn't take his word as gospel.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:03:49 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

The Important.... Disc Sold Very Good

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »

It seems to me that (at least) some Best Buy employees were put off by the whole Chinese Democracy saga, and so if given the chance they'll say anything to disparage the album. 

And regardless, I wouldn't trust anything a Best Buy associate has to say concerning why there aren't any copies left on the shelves because there's no demand vs. their abundant supply.  Do you really think they have that kind of knowledge? 

Really?

I'm sure most BB associates couldn't care less about Chinese Democracy or how well it sold.

I think its a long shot to suggest that these are just jaded employees who have an axe to grind.

And yes, I think it's HIGHLY possible that the album's price was reduced by 80% because they were trying to get it off the shelves. What other reasonable explanation is there?

Do you think they reduced it because it was selling extremely well?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »

I figured what kind of a fan you are after reading less than ten of your posts.

Now seeing that you don't even own a copy of the band's latest album, it's even more apparent.

I'm not saying somebody is less of a fan if they don't own all the albums, compilations and so on. But it's kinda telling when certain people are missing that one album in their collection and then act like they are "objective" and "realistic".

It's hard to take these people seriously.....

/jarmo

Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »

I figured what kind of a fan you are after reading less than ten of your posts.

Now seeing that you don't even own a copy of the band's latest album, it's even more apparent.

I'm not saying somebody is less of a fan if they don't own all the albums, compilations and so on. But it's kinda telling when certain people are missing that one album in their collection and then act like they are "objective" and "realistic".

It's hard to take these people seriously.....

/jarmo

Really?

So, because I misplaced my copy of Chinese Democracy, I can't be taken seriously?

That's some logic you have there.

I've misplaced and had to re-buy copies of AFD and Lies in the past as well.

Does that do anything to improve my credibility?  Tongue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »

To quote you, "I LOL'ed" when I read your posts.

Nothing personal.

Just seen your type so many times before.

"The realist" goes to a fan site to enlighten the blind fans.... We get it.

Have you said one positive thing in your posts without putting some kind of negative angle on it?

You talk about US shows, but start talking about half filed venues.
You talk about the Chinese Democracy album, but not about the art itself, only the sale Best Buy has... Etc. etc..

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »

These Fans perfect fit with his idol

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »

I covered this earlier in the thread

CD is 1.99 cause Best Buy was the only retailer with their exclusive deal thus they have a lot of copies left HOWEVER every band has hundreds of thousands of excess copies its just they are spread around many many many other stores.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:19 AM »

It seems to me that (at least) some Best Buy employees were put off by the whole Chinese Democracy saga, and so if given the chance they'll say anything to disparage the album. 

And regardless, I wouldn't trust anything a Best Buy associate has to say concerning why there aren't any copies left on the shelves because there's no demand vs. their abundant supply.  Do you really think they have that kind of knowledge? 

Really?

I'm sure most BB associates couldn't care less about Chinese Democracy or how well it sold.

I think its a long shot to suggest that these are just jaded employees who have an axe to grind.

And yes, I think it's HIGHLY possible that the album's price was reduced by 80% because they were trying to get it off the shelves. What other reasonable explanation is there?

Do you think they reduced it because it was selling extremely well?
Buddy, where did I say it was reduced because it was selling extremely well?  Re-read my post(s) and show me where I said anything remotely close to that.  I'll save you the trouble, you won't find it.  I NEVER said that.  Obviously they reduced the price to clear the shelves.  Unfortunately though, they forgot to inform store employees, price the CD's accordingly on the shelves, or have any indicators of such a sale price anywhere within the store.  Way to take advantage of dropping that price.

And I can only speak from experience, if you read my post on page 2 of this thread about my encounter with a Best Buy employee where he said the album wasn't one of their finest.  To me it came off as a jaded comment instead of an informed one.  I would be willing to bet a large sum the guy had never ever listened to the album and only formed his negative opinion because it didn't work out quite as expected for Best Buy.

But hey, that's just me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »

Repeat Case In Chile"

ChinDem & GN'R = CERO PROMOTION
NO STORES, NO TV, NO RADIO, NO EVENTS TRIBUTE MASSIVE

I & Fans, Promotion Via Facebook, Movil Phone, Friends, etc. November 2008 To September 2010 Price Disc In UNDERGROUND Stores:

$ 25 Dollars (Latin Version)
$ 30 Dollars (USA Version)

After September 2010, Web Store Promotion ChinDem To $ 13 Dolars (Latin Version), USA Version Only Export.

ALL Promotion In Sudamerica After END OF DAYS, 1999... Thanks Real/Fans, Arg, Brazil, Chile, Real/True Info, members, Tours, ex.members, etc.

In Case other Artist in Pop Stores, example > J.LO, SHAKIRA, RED HOT, METALLICA, BLA, BLAH...

FULL PROMOTION, RADIOS, TV, TRIBUTES, NEWSPAPER, INFO TRUE FROM MEDIOS OF COMUNACTION, But... DISC Also In Promo ALL CHILE... 4 Dollars, 5 Dollars, etc.

Velvet Revolver, Libertad... NEW DISC 2007, 10 Dollars, New Disc, Videos, VR In Chile, Interview, etc... DISC Was Fracased...

ChineDem In Chile follows sales, question, by ? WHY PEOPLE NOW KNOW TRUE OF GUNS N' ROSES, MEMBERS, HISTORY... NOW EXIST CULTURE, People normal Buy Disc... they believe ChinDem Is NEW DISC 2011.

hihi hihi hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: