Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Re: axl in revolvers the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: axl in revolvers the 100 Greatest Living Rock Stars  (Read 5687 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: December 14, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

Very awesome. But, what the hell is Kiss doing on there? Damn you hillbillies in the kiss army.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »

Very awesome. But, what the hell is Kiss doing on there? Damn you hillbillies in the kiss army.

rofl rofl rofl

And why is Gene Simmons standing in front of Lemmy?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »

i dont get kiss either

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »

and where the fuck is the led zeppelin guys?  nervous

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »

I think they only picked "Active" rock stars? Plant isn't really "rocking" much anymore with Allison. Wink

Axl is God.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »

I think they only picked "Active" rock stars? Plant isn't really "rocking" much anymore with Allison. Wink
yeah. jpj did awesome them crooked vultures last year but hes not an big rock n roll icon...but josh homme could be...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »

Not a rockstar, but Maxim from The Prodigy is really underated. rant

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »

i dont get kiss either

they might not be everyones cup of tea, but they have been packing arenas for almost 40 years.  I checked them out 2 years ago at the Garden, packed house, with tix mostly ranging from 90-150 bucks. 

I don't LOVE Kiss, but I do like them.  We take it for granted these days, but what they did was very original. While I dont find the need to buy a pack of Kiss condoms, they are an all time great Rock N Roll band, with some really good tunes. 

Seeing as though this issue didn't come out in 1998, the real question is what the fuck is Jonathan Davis doing front and center on this cover?
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »

i dont get kiss either

they might not be everyones cup of tea, but they have been packing arenas for almost 40 years.  I checked them out 2 years ago at the Garden, packed house, with tix mostly ranging from 90-150 bucks. 

I don't LOVE Kiss, but I do like them.  We take it for granted these days, but what they did was very original. While I dont find the need to buy a pack of Kiss condoms, they are an all time great Rock N Roll band, with some really good tunes. 

Seeing as though this issue didn't come out in 1998, the real question is what the fuck is Jonathan Davis doing front and center on this cover?

i dont even know who Jonathan Davis is ive seen his face somewhere but dont know who he is and im REALLY into rock n roll he looks like some metal dude
[/quote]

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »

i dont get kiss either

i dont even know who Jonathan Davis is ive seen his face somewhere but dont know who he is and im REALLY into rock n roll he looks like some metal dude
[/quote]

See Korn actually has great songs. Great songs. Kiss not only doesn't have one decent/good album in their catalog but I would love for someone to point me to a truly great song by Kiss. If they didn't paint their stupid fucking mugs they wouldn't be anything more then an early incarnation of warrant or similar fucking poppy pedestrian horseshit. Where is their song that even belongs in the same Universe as GNR's finest. GNR, Zepplin, Beatles, Doors, Hendrix, Dylan, Metallica... I could name many MANY masterpieces. Kiss fuck no and good luck trying. They don't have a single masterpiece. Fuck them.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »

I will never forget my worse Halloween. The night me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) almost broke up. The night we went to this Kiss concert at Dodger stadium. Started off good. I loved the Smashing Pumpkins. But then it all went downhill. I still regret not punching this fucking Kiss fan right in the face for getting into my space and yelling at me for not standing up because "Firehouse" was being played. Fuck I really hate Kiss. I really do.

axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »

i dont get kiss either

Because Korn is still releasing great albums. They drew the largest crowd at the 48 Hours Festival, even more than your beloved A7X.

Axl is God.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

"Kiss not only doesn't have one decent/good album in their catalog but I would love for someone to point me to a truly great song by Kiss"

Check out their debut HOTTER THAN HELL, DESTROYER and Revenge..
Great songs: perhaps Detroit Rock City, Strutter, Do You LOve me....the list goes on....Loved the characture o' Axl on the cover, only reason I bought it...

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »

i dont get kiss either

Because Korn is still releasing great albums. They drew the largest crowd at the 48 Hours Festival, even more than your beloved A7X.

This.
And I love A7X... think they released the best album of the last couple of years with 'Nightmare'. But Korn have endured, managed to live through the time when it wasn't "cool" to admit to liking them and come out the other end with great albums ('Path Of Totality' isn't a great album, mind... it's decent, but 'Remember Who You Are' is one of the best things they've done). I believe this makes Jonathan Davis a stronger figure in the rock world than M. Shadows... we've yet to see if A7X can survive so many up's and down's.

Cool that Axl and Slash are in there. Gene Simmons? No... just no.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »

Because Korn is still releasing great albums.

to say Korn is still releasing great albums implies  they released great albums in the first place.  That band is junk.  The first time I heard them they were singing nursery rhymes to nu-metal music, kind of wrote them off at that point, I think that was 1998.  I just always thought they were really lame, just like the rest of nu-metal.  They were like Limp Bizkit minus the very talented guitar player.

Not sure what bringing Avenged Sevenfold into the argument has to do with Korn's relevance.  Allegedly Korn drew a bigger crowd at a festival recently...thats nice.  While we are talking about pointless stats, Korn's new album sold 55,000 copies in its first week, thats about 1/4 of what Avenged's last album did, which happened to top the Billboard charts.  It is not even remotely close who the bigger/more relevant band is in 2011, so I'm confused by your comparison.  
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

Cool that Axl and Slash are in there. Gene Simmons? No... just no.

Kiss is far from my favorite band, but they are arguably the most successful band on that cover and have endured longer than anyone.  So what if some of us think they suck, they are massively successful still.  If Marilyn Manson is on the cover certainly Kiss should be.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »

I believe this makes Jonathan Davis a stronger figure in the rock world than M. Shadows... we've yet to see if A7X can survive so many up's and down's.

I don't know, Avenged has been around for 13 years, carried on through the death of their best friend/drummer to release the number 1 rock album of 2010.  The certainly had their ups and downs.  Also their band gets bigger and sells more records and plays bigger venues with every passing year, whereas Korn peaked early and have been going down since.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:04:25 AM by Bodhi » Logged
axlrosegnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »

That's OK Bodhi, you're right. I won't argue with you. Only your opinion matters. You're always right. I'm sorry for thinking otherwise. Have a nice day kind sir.

Axl is God.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »

That's OK Bodhi, you're right. I won't argue with you. Only your opinion matters. You're always right. I'm sorry for thinking otherwise. Have a nice day kind sir.

Apology accepted.  The sooner everyone else realizes I am always right the happier they will be.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 09:11:49 PM »

Korn may be more popular than A7X, but there's no way in hell Korn's music is better or that they're a better band.
The musicianship in A7X wipes the floor with the Korn guys talent (or lack thereof).

And to say Korn are better than Kiss... really?

I'm not a big Kiss fan, but those guys are legends, Korn, not so much....

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: