Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?  (Read 18882 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »

slash said he did not want to break up AB by bringing Myles to VR. However, Myles is now in Slashs other band writing music and touring. I think Myles would be the perfect fit for VR. I am not sure why he can't do the same thing he doing with slash but in VR. I think MAtt had originally wanted Myles in VR a few years ago even before slash worked with him.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »

I was wondering if he would consider joking VR after their performance at HOF they seemed to have great chemistry o. Stage.
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »

Who is Miles anyway? Plus I was supposed to buy the latest album and you know what, I just didnt.

The only person who doenst sing in that album is Stevie's grandmother. Sorry, I am just being honest. & VR are off the line, arent they? 

you know what, whatever mate. Yes, one of those singers again. I read on the internet that Axl has same matching number of trousers VS pants but I am not sure if this is accurate.

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

It's unlikely that VR would do much better commercially than Slash does as a solo act, but from Slash's perspective, he has to split $$ in VR, but solo he get's the lion's share.  So I can't see why Slash would want to bring Myles into VR or have anything to do at all anymore with VR.   

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »

I've read somewhere that Myles was asked to join some time ago and turned it down.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »

I've read somewhere that Myles was asked to join some time ago and turned it down.

I don't remember exactly, but when the issue came up, I thought Myles said the possibility of him singing for VR was discussed but he was never actually offered the gig.  Not 100% certain, it was a while back when that was raised, at least in this forum.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/july/17Velvet_Revolver_To_Change_Direction_With_New_Singer.shtml

"When asked if Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge who is heading up his solo touring band, was going to join Velvet Revolver, Slash said that he had been asked before but had other commitments."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »

Wouldn't mind seeing them altogether, but think the name Velvet Revolver should be dropped, unless Scott was brought back into the fold.
New band, new name.

I prefer Matt and Duff individually, but think Slash has something going chemistry wise with the Conspirators.
Like what I hear from the previews so far.

I don't think there should be a rush to run back to VR.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/july/17Velvet_Revolver_To_Change_Direction_With_New_Singer.shtml

"When asked if Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge who is heading up his solo touring band, was going to join Velvet Revolver, Slash said that he had been asked before but had other commitments."

Thanks, was looking around for something too.  Found this, in which Myles says it was never "officially" offered, whatever that means.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-myles-kennedy-talks-alter-bridge-slash-and-led-zeppelin-314959/2
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:09:15 AM »

Thanks, was looking around for something too.  Found this, in which Myles says it was never "officially" offered, whatever that means.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-myles-kennedy-talks-alter-bridge-slash-and-led-zeppelin-314959/2

Hmmm.....maybe Slash just floated the idea out there and Myles said he was too busy but never got an actual legal offer.

jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

I think Slash's solo stuff is sounding better than most of VR's at this point. Perhaps less drama/internal politics and the right mix of guys?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »

Yeah, he's turned it down more than once.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »

Maybe the fact that Slash would get paid less in VR than I'd he has Myles with his solo project makes sense. Although, I think Ultimately Slash Duff and Matt do not want VR to be a failure, and having Myles as a singer especially with HoF exposure could put them back on the map and create a buzz in the industry.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »

Maybe the fact that Slash would get paid less in VR than I'd he has Myles with his solo project makes sense. Although, I think Ultimately Slash Duff and Matt do not want VR to be a failure, and having Myles as a singer especially with HoF exposure could put them back on the map and create a buzz in the industry.

they are getting rave reviews for their HOF performance, so if there was ever a time to make Myles the singer now would be the time.  I dont think they will do that though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »

He's getting a bunch of great reviews to spite the guy who wasn't there.

Pretty normal procedure. The biased ones who were told there's no reunion, now need to show how the persons who weren't there, and especially one, wasn't needed after all.

Yeah right!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »

VR is finished unless Scott returns and they do VR as another side project then go off and do stp, conspirators, loaded etc
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »

Or viewers/critics enjoyed his performance and determined that it was worthy of positive reviews.  I understand that doesn't necessarily comport with the narrative you'd like to believe and advance, but it might very well be the case.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »

Pretty normal procedure. The biased ones who were told there's no reunion, now need to show how the persons who weren't there, and especially one, wasn't needed after all.

Yeah right!

/jarmo

lets just keep speculating about shit even though we weren't there.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

Or viewers/critics enjoyed his performance and determined that it was worthy of positive reviews. 

Indeed.

I haven't to this point been a fan of Kennedy's voice in general but he absolutely crushed this performance, stepped up to the plate and hit a tape measure shot - and getting the well deserved praise for his effort.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »

I think alot of the positive reviews for Myles have been that most people had never heard of him quite frankly, and then he comes out and kills it singing GNR material that frankly very few if anyone ever does a good job with. So few people can hit those notes that I think it wowed alot of people that this guy they had never heard of is out there belting out classic GNR songs like that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: