Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:40:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?  (Read 18749 times)
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

It's a silly argument downplaying any of the alumni's contributions.
You don't have to read writing credits, or a bitter ex-bandmates recollection. Just listen to the music.
If you don't hear Slash all over it, you're not listening.

As for VR? I'm more interested in the lineup Slash has now.
VR should stay dead unless Scott rejoins.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:51:44 AM by LongGoneDay » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:48 AM »

Its the chicken and the egg argument to a degree..

SCOM made GNR household phenoms

Slash writing that riff sparked song being written.. if he doesn't write that riff.. Izzy doesn't play the chords, Duff doesn't write the bass line.. Axl doesn't write the lyrics etc GNR may have been just another band since no one really played them/gave them a shot due to their different sounding music.

U take slash's guitar off NR and Estranged.. they aren't all time masterpieces IMO... don't even get me started on Coma etc.

D, D, D.... Just because you put down a guitar, bass, drum etc. track on a song, doesn't make you the song writer of that song. The composer.

Just because Slash did a great version of Hey Joe on British TV, doesn't mean he wrote that song!

Out of those four songs, Slash has song writing credits for two. Smiley

Did Steven Adler write Paradise City because he plays the recognizable drum intro? No. Is it easy to recognize? Yes. Does it mean it's not important? No.

Get back to your favorite band, VR.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »

Its the chicken and the egg argument to a degree..

SCOM made GNR household phenoms

Slash writing that riff sparked song being written.. if he doesn't write that riff.. Izzy doesn't play the chords, Duff doesn't write the bass line.. Axl doesn't write the lyrics etc GNR may have been just another band since no one really played them/gave them a shot due to their different sounding music.

U take slash's guitar off NR and Estranged.. they aren't all time masterpieces IMO... don't even get me started on Coma etc.

D, D, D.... Just because you put down a guitar, bass, drum etc. track on a song, doesn't make you the song writer of that song. The composer.

Just because Slash did a great version of Hey Joe on British TV, doesn't mean he wrote that song!

Out of those four songs, Slash has song writing credits for two. Smiley

Did Steven Adler write Paradise City because he plays the recognizable drum intro? No. Is it easy to recognize? Yes. Does it mean it's not important? No.

Get back to your favorite band, VR.  Tongue

/jarmo

You're really outdoing yourself lately.  From blaming Slash and the others for GnR breaking up to now attempting to diminish Slash's contributions to GnR.  There is no question that there are multiple reasons for the classic lineup's demise and they include Slash's drugs, Axl's tantrums and ego, Izzy leaving, Duff's drugs, Adler's drugs, money, and countless other issues we'll probably never know.  It's a once in a generation type of thing for 5 guys to meet up and create what they did on AFD.  It's why those songs still get the biggest pop at any GnR show, Slash tour, Adler tour, etc.  Those 5 guys created that album together.  All contributed.  UY1 and 2 were still classics but the sound changed without Adler and Izzy.  CD has a totally different sound aside from Axl's vocals.  It is blatantly apparent that Slash, Duff, etc were just as responsible for the success of GnR as Axl. To say otherwise is foolish.  If it were all Axl as you like to say/imply, why didn't his previous bands take off, like H Rose or Rapidfire?  And it's not just Axl.  The new GnR and/or anything Slash has done, save for VR (which had 3 former GnR members and a well known singer), haven't come close to experiencing the success of what those guys accomplished together. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

Silly. The issue was song writing, not how big part each member had in the band's success.

In some bands, the most popular member isn't even the main song writer!

Smiley

Get back to VR before Falcon has to warn you.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:41 PM »

Song writing credits are overrated. DCG, wow, how many songs have those chords strummed, a million. How many have the intro and solo of sweet child? None.
FanSince87
Opening Act

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »

Silly. The issue was song writing, not how big part each member had in the band's success.

/jarmo

If the song writing doesn't correlate with 'how big a part each member had in the band's success', then why did you bring up song writing?   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »

VR is dead till Weiland comes back.

That right there, probably says it all. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »

/jarmo

If the song writing doesn't correlate with 'how big a part each member had in the band's success', then why did you bring up song writing?   

I didn't: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=64182.msg1330627#msg1330627

ok

/jarmo

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

Alright Axl you've had your fun now give Jarmo his account back  hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »

No, I don't think there is any chance Myles will consider joining VR. confused

hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

Is it just me or about every single person who posts on the VR section has a negative karma?  rofl rofl rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: