Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 03:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228017 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any chance for Myles to consider joining VR?  (Read 18881 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »

Do I find it amusing to have a fan of The Cult trying to discredit a singer on said tour while a member of The Cult is part of the same "circus"?

Did I miss something?  Where did Falcon criticize that tour or call it a "circus?"

As far as I can tell, you actually characterized it as a "nostalgia tour," which I will assume is pejorative, and then insinuated that there's something wrong or lacking with Myles Kennedy because he's not a part of it.  Falcon only asked you a question about Bach singing GNR songs.

But like I said, I might have missed something here.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »

Do I find it amusing to have a fan of The Cult trying to discredit a singer on said tour while a member of The Cult is part of the same "circus"? Maybe...

Where anywhere did I try to discredit a singer on the tour or try to imply the tour is a circus?

I merely asked if anyone thought Bach had the intangibles as a frontman to sing GNR classics in a fashion fans were comfortable with.

Ali answered the question quite well, straight and to the point without rambling on and on and evading the question in a counter productive accusatory manner.

Do I find it funny you're implying a tour is lame then suggesting someone I never mentioned (Kennedy) is less than qualified because he's not involved?...Absolutely...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

I wish Myles would join VR. I think VR is probably dead though........

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »

Do I find it amusing to have a fan of The Cult trying to discredit a singer on said tour while a member of The Cult is part of the same "circus"? Maybe...

Where anywhere did I try to discredit a singer on the tour or try to imply the tour is a circus?

I merely asked if anyone thought Bach had the intangibles as a frontman to sing GNR classics in a fashion fans were comfortable with.

Ali answered the question quite well, straight and to the point without rambling on and on and evading the question in a counter productive accusatory manner.

Do I find it funny you're implying a tour is lame then suggesting someone I never mentioned (Kennedy) is less than qualified because he's not involved?...Absolutely...

I didn't say you called it a circus.

You constantly refer to the guy as Savage Animal.

Come on.

It's obvious you don't like the guy. That's why it's a bit funny that he's on the same package tour doing the greatest hits of said bands with a member of your favorite band. Smiley

I pointed out that even though you make fun of him at every chance you get, he's part of this package tour filled with so called rock stars while Myles isn't. He just played one in a movie. Wink

Regarding Slash fans going on and on about animosity towards Slash and the discrediting of his input in GN'R, which is absent in this thread!

You think his singer is bland and suddenly you think the guitar work in Estranged sucks? Is that what you got out of it?  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »

Come on.

It's obvious you don't like the guy. That's why it's a bit funny that he's on the same package tour doing the greatest hits of said bands with a member of your favorite band. Smiley

I pointed out that even though you make fun of him at every chance you get, he's part of this package tour filled with so called rock stars while Myles isn't. He just played one in a movie. Wink

/jarmo

Just a timely question regarding fans level of comfort with a singer's intangibles/credentials as a frontman delivering GNR classics when another's has been brought into discussion.

I received a thoughtful answer from Ali and you decided to go in a different direction.

DISCLAIMER: No Savage Animal's were harmed in the writing of this reply  Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
overmatik
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

I don't see Savage Animal as derogatory at all. You guys do know that he has trademarked the name, right?

BTW, last time I checked Baz could sing ANYTHING. He owns Axl, Myles, Scott and Astbury by far!  Not only that, his voice is as strong as ever, unlike the guys I mentioned who are way past their primes...  Grin
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »

i am the only one here who thinks that myles voice just simply sucks?

yes, because he is a very talented singer.  Now if he is not your style, that is one thing, you are free to not like him, but to say he sucks is to discredit his ability, which would be wrong.  Its like me saying that Chris Cornell's voice sucks because I don't it  and to me he always sounds constipated.  That is wrong, he is clearly a phenomenal talent, I just don't like the sound of his voice, doesn't mean he sucks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »

I know Myles has way more hits than Baz over the past 10 years

even though I like Sebastian better as a vocalist.

to refer to Myles as some Scott Stapp stand in and not a true singer isn't accurate

Myles doesn't have amazing natural frontman ability cause he isn't one.. he is a guitar player that decided to sing cause it was so hard to find one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »

Come on.

Regarding Slash fans going on and on about animosity towards Slash and the discrediting of his input in GN'R, which is absent in this thread!

You think his singer is bland and suddenly you think the guitar work in Estranged sucks? Is that what you got out of it?  rofl

/jarmo

Yeah but in another thread u were implying Axl and Izzy were the main songwriting team and upheld Axl's ridiculous statement about Slash contributing a few riffs and solos as if they were just some run of the mill ho hum nothings.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »

Yeah but in another thread u were implying Axl and Izzy were the main songwriting team

Yeah, sorry for reading song writing credits.

and upheld Axl's ridiculous statement about Slash contributing a few riffs and solos as if they were just some run of the mill ho hum nothings.

I tend to believe a man who was there at the time, rather than you D. Sorry. No offense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »

Yeah but in another thread u were implying Axl and Izzy were the main songwriting team

Yeah, sorry for reading song writing credits.

and upheld Axl's ridiculous statement about Slash contributing a few riffs and solos as if they were just some run of the mill ho hum nothings.

I tend to believe a man who was there at the time, rather than you D. Sorry. No offense.

/jarmo

Based of your own theory about reactions due to "spite", Axl may be saying that because Slash is no longer there so its cool to downplay his contributions.  Kind of like how your said critics are praising Myles cause Axl wasn't there.  Goes both ways.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

No, it's not just because of one thing. It's simple logic. Looking at song writing credits and what has been said.

So people think Slash's singer could be in VR? How would that work out? Considering he was the guy who didn't wanna use the singer the other guys seemed to like?

Wasn't their last album a group effort until it came out and then apparently it was just a Weiland concept album? Slash can do his Snakepit kind of thing under his own name, why would he be interested in VR with somebody famous and having to adjust to the singer's needs?

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record.

Interesting that Slash's contributions to the band were less significant than other members', yet he was the reason Axl couldn't "make a true Guns record."  The answer to Loder's question could have been Izzy if Slash's contributions were less important, right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

I think you just took that waaaaaaaay out of context.

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: Trying to figure out how to make a record.

Loder: Ah, you already knew how to do that, right?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

That's the QUESTION AND ANSWER. Not just part of it to fit your needs.

Nothing in that backs up your assumptions or proves that what Axl has said later to be untrue....

He wanted to make a GN'R album with Slash, since Izzy was already gone. Slash wasn't interested. So he did Snakepit and quit.

Anything you wanna add to the actual topic?

I'll wait for Falcon to tell you to stick to the topic.  Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:16:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2012, 10:33:34 PM »

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Nothing in that backs up your assumptions or proves that what Axl has said later to be untrue....

He wanted to make a GN'R album with Slash, since Izzy was already gone. Slash wasn't interested. So he did Snakepit and quit.

Spin it how you like, Axl's words in 1999 were pretty straighforward - Slash's absence prevented him from making, in his words, "a true Guns record."  A statement like that certainly leads me to believe that Slash's contributions to the band were more significant than some would like to believe. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »

On topic, Myles is a humble, baggage free singer that would probably get along with just about anyone.  Add the fact that he can fucking sing, and sure, I wouldn't mind him in VR.  I want to see how the Apocalyptic Love album turns out first.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

Spin it how you like, Axl's words in 1999 were pretty straighforward - Slash's absence prevented him from making, in his words, "a true Guns record."  A statement like that certainly leads me to believe that Slash's contributions to the band were more significant than some would like to believe. 

Booker, we all know Slash has yet to be truly replaced, Brian May says the same thing.  Note the lack of actual riffs on CD.  We all know his importance.  Axl can still make great music without Slash, but it will surely miss Slash's feel for sure.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »

Booker, we all know Slash has yet to be truly replaced, Brian May says the same thing.  Note the lack of actual riffs on CD.  We all know his importance.  Axl can still make great music without Slash, but it will surely miss Slash's feel for sure.

Just to be clear, I wasn't making any implications about Axl's music, the current band, etc.  I am only pointing out that Slash apparently contributed more to the band during his time as a member than some are willing to acknowledge.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »

Its the chicken and the egg argument to a degree..

SCOM made GNR household phenoms

Slash writing that riff sparked song being written.. if he doesn't write that riff.. Izzy doesn't play the chords, Duff doesn't write the bass line.. Axl doesn't write the lyrics etc GNR may have been just another band since no one really played them/gave them a shot due to their different sounding music.

U take slash's guitar off NR and Estranged.. they aren't all time masterpieces IMO... don't even get me started on Coma etc.

but anyhow, we've argued about this for years.

really don't mind the set up Slash has now with Myles and Todd and Brent.

VR is dead till Weiland comes back.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »

really don't mind the set up Slash has now with Myles and Todd and Brent.

Agreed...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: