Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'  (Read 27287 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »

if u dont like it dont listen to it.. simple Smiley
Some of us actually like it Smiley peace

exactly

I don't have a problem with people that do like it. to each their own smoking
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »

Slash:

Demoing some new material towards the next Conspirators record today. Cool riff idea I've been working on. iiii]; )'

Just found out that Myles & I won the Loudwire poll! I'm stunned. Thanks so much to all of u who voted! iiii]; )'

SLASH WINS GUITARIST OF THE YEAR IN THE 2012 LOUDWIRE MUSIC AWARDS

http://loudwire.com/slash-guitarist-of-the-year-2012-loudwire-music-awards/

MYLES KENNEDY WINS VOCALIST OF THE YEAR IN THE 2012 LOUDWIRE MUSIC AWARDS

http://loudwire.com/myles-kennedy-vocalist-of-the-year-2012-loudwire-music-awards/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »

Slash

Coming up w/a lot of cool shit for new songs. + a ton of cool ideas recorded from the tour. Going to start putting them 2gether. iiii]; )'

Mar 9, 2013

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

Slash is having a rush with this band and especially with Myles. It seems to me that he is going to go with it for a while, and that VR is not even a consideration now...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »

Slash is having a rush with this band and especially with Myles. It seems to me that he is going to go with it for a while, and that VR is not even a consideration now...

yeah its easy for him, and thats fine, he has earned the right to do what he wants.  But at the same time, fans like us have to suffer because he is just going to be giving us more generic rock n roll.  The first solo album was great and interesting.  You can hear especially with the song with M Shadows that these guest artists really pushed Slash out of his comfort zone, and i thought that was absolutely great.  What is the point of another record with Myles, what new ground are they going to break that they didn't break on "Apocalyptic Love"?

VR made one good album and one bad one, I would have liked to see what the third would have sounded like.

I buy any record Slash puts out, and will buy this next record as well, but I am not thrilled with the direction.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:28:02 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:41 PM »

yeah its easy for him, and thats fine, he has earned the right to do what he wants.

What is the point of another record with Myles, what new ground are they going to break that they didn't break on "Apocalyptic Love"?

The point (if there is one) is that Slash isn't trying to make a point.  Slash has made his mark on the music world.  He doesn't need to spend the rest of his life trying to "break ground".  Now he is simply doing what he wants and not trying to relive his 20s.  Musical taste is always subjective, some will like it and some won't.  Personally, I enjoyed his second solo effort more than the first, and am looking forward to another.  I would also like to see a third VR record happen, but if the breakup of GNR taught me one thing, it's to never sit on my laurels waiting for a band to reunite.  Slash is coasting along painlessly and doesn't want to even try to deal with the horseshit of trying to reunite with Scott to do another VR album (even if Scott wants it) and I understand and support him on that.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »

yeah its easy for him, and thats fine, he has earned the right to do what he wants.

What is the point of another record with Myles, what new ground are they going to break that they didn't break on "Apocalyptic Love"?

The point (if there is one) is that Slash isn't trying to make a point.  Slash has made his mark on the music world.  He doesn't need to spend the rest of his life trying to "break ground".  .

Once an artist stops "breaking ground" that is when I lose interest.  All of my favorite bands are the ones where you hear a certain song and you can place what era of the band that it came out in.  I don't like bands where when you listen to a song you have no idea when they recorded it.  This is why I dislike bands like AC/DC, I like hearing a band evolve and their progression over time.  Which for example is why I am such a big GNR fan, AFD sounds nothing like the Illusions, and the Illusions sound nothing like CD.

I can picture in my head exactly what this next Slash/Myles collaboration is going to sound like, so once again what is the point?  As much as I disliked Libertad, I do appreciate the fact it sounds nothing like Contraband, and I do still listen to it from time to time.

Slash is brilliant when he pushes himself, that is why I get so bent out of shape over this.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:57:19 AM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »

The point (if there is one) is that Slash isn't trying to make a point.  Slash has made his mark on the music world.  He doesn't need to spend the rest of his life trying to "break ground".  .

Once an artist stops "breaking ground" that is when I lose interest.  All of my favorite bands are the ones where you hear a certain song and you can place what era of the band that it came out in.  I don't like bands where when you listen to a song you have no idea when they recorded it.  This is why I dislike bands like AC/DC, I like hearing a band evolve and their progression over time.  Which for example is why I am such a big GNR fan, AFD sounds nothing like the Illusions, and the Illusions sound nothing like CD.

I can picture in my head exactly what this next Slash/Myles collaboration is going to sound like, so once again what is the point?  As much as I disliked Libertad, I do appreciate the fact it sounds nothing like Contraband, and I do still listen to it from time to time.

Slash is brilliant when he pushes himself, that is why I get so bent out of shape over this.

Well that's clearly not true, because Bad Religion has been making the same record for 30 years.

It's cool though, Social Distortion has been selling me the same record, and countless concert tickets to the same show for as long as I can remember!

Anyways, I think it has more to do with your dislike, or disdain for Myles Kennedy, because AL doesn't really sound like GN'R, VR, the solo album, or Snakepit.
It sounds like a rock n' roll record, and if you can get past Myles voice, there's nothing to dislike about Slash's playing on it.

Unfortunately, Myles and company aren't quite on Slash's level.
It's cohesive, it sounds like a "band", just not with very exciting components I guess. Slash's playing is the highlight, and not much else about them is terribly interesting.
I think they rip live though, and there are far worse albums being spit out than AL.

I'd probably prefer another VR record at this point given the choice, but wishing Slash back w/Scott is no less selfish or delusional than Axl to Slash..
Either way it's a rock record to look forward to, and I can count on one hand the amount of bands putting those out these days.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »

Well that's clearly not true, because Bad Religion has been making the same record for 30 years.

It's cool though, Social Distortion has been selling me the same record, and countless concert tickets to the same show for as long as I can remember!

Anyways, I think it has more to do with your dislike, or disdain for Myles Kennedy, because AL doesn't really sound like GN'R, VR, the solo album, or Snakepit.
It sounds like a rock n' roll record, and if you can get past Myles voice, there's nothing to dislike about Slash's playing on it.

Ha, I said my favorite bands, Bad Religion is not one of my top bands, but I do enjoy them, as well as Social D, but those bands never switch it up.  But I do like a lot of punk bands because lyrically they are not singing about their hangover, how much pussy they are going to get or how much they like to "rock".  I loathe that shit.

I dont hate Myles Kennedy, I liked him in small doses with Slash, and I really do enjoy him in Alter Bridge.

The last record was a very generic rock record with the exception of "Anastasia."  There are countless bands like Hinder and Nickelback making generic radio rock, we don't need Slash to contribute to that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:41:33 PM by Bodhi » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »

I personally prefer AL to the first solo album.  And in general, I prefer Slash's playing these days to the VR days when he was stifled by Scott.  Not knocking Scott... he is an incredible frontman but he lacks range and that makes it harder for a guitar player like slash.   

Overall Id be prefer a 3rd solo album over a VR reunion. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »

I prefer Slash's playing these days to the VR days when he was stifled by Scott.  Not knocking Scott... he is an incredible frontman but he lacks range and that makes it harder for a guitar player like slash.   

I also prefer Slash's playing on the solo records to the VR records, but I'm not sure I'd blame that on Scott.  Hell, in his book, Slash blamed his reserved playing on Contraband on the small ass studio he chose to save VR some money!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: