Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116115 times)
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »

Man... look at the sound quality  Shocked

And this is a poor quality youtube trailer, now imagine this in a IMAX cinema  drool

it's happening
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

Hopefully we'll get to see this in America very soon! It'd be great to watch something with this lineup. Also to have another dvd besides "Live in Tokyo" i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »

Hopefully we'll get to see this in America very soon! It'd be great to watch something with this lineup. Also to have another dvd besides "Live in Tokyo" i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Yeah, but BLU RAY!  beer
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 03:58:46 AM »

trailer doesnt have one single song element from Nu Guns in there, was this done by purpose by the band camp? this has to be signed of before, doesnt it?

quality looks great!

Re-Union time, baby!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »

trailer doesnt have one single song element from Nu Guns in there, was this done by purpose by the band camp? this has to be signed of before, doesnt it?

quality looks great!

No. The band have nothing to do with promotional material. If they did, Axl wouldn't have been so pissed off at the CD promotional material.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »

Would be so great to see it on the screen ! But until we have confirmation from the GNR camp/Jarmo, only God knows if it's really official or not.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
suicide
VIP

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:00 AM »

No. The band have nothing to do with promotional material. If they did, Axl wouldn't have been so pissed off at the CD promotional material.
That was then and this is now. I'm sure GN'R / Axl learned a lot from that experience and changed things for the better. The old songs are better known and do draw a larger crowd so guess it does make sence. People who do go to the cinema or do buy the dvd will get to know the (new) band and songs.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

There will be no difference between then and now, because artists never have control over the promotional material that's released for tours/new releases/etc. This is all down to other people behind the scenes. All they can do is pick and choose what they're personally going to do for promotion... which even then is more than most artists are able to do, as it's usually a contractual obligation that they go to where they're sent.

Long story short... no, bands do not have to sign off on this kind of thing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »

Awesome!

That was one hell of a night at the O2. Will be cool to relive the moment. Smiley

All you old band fans whining about them using the classic songs in the trailer. Promoting a Guns N' Roses release featuring a performance by the current Guns N' Roses, which many of you always complained was missing, by using songs by Guns N' Roses isn't that fucking weird for the average Joes out there.

It's only an issue for somebody who wants it to be an issue.

This is for all of you who always whined that the current band had no release that promoted them to the whole world. Look at that! Looks like it's coming and now you found something to whine about anyway? Classic. So predictable.  Roll Eyes

For the rest of us, awesome news!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »

Awesome!
That was one hell of a night at the O2. Will be cool to relive the moment. Smiley

This!
Was right at the front that night (actually called out to you at one point, jarmo, but as expected you couldn't hear me  hihi ), so it's gonna be really something to watch this. You get the best show at the front, but you don't get a sense of the sheer size of the gig until you see something like this. Looks huge just from the few shots of the crowd in the trailer. Can't wait.
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 09:39:47 AM »

Awesome!

All you old band fans whining about them using the classic songs in the trailer. Promoting a Guns N' Roses release featuring a performance by the current Guns N' Roses, which many of you always complained was missing, by using songs by Guns N' Roses isn't that fucking weird for the average Joes out there.

It's only an issue for somebody who wants it to be an issue.

This is for all of you who always whined that the current band had no release that promoted them to the whole world. Look at that! Looks like it's coming and now you found something to whine about anyway? Classic. So predictable.  Roll Eyes

For the rest of us, awesome news!

/jarmo

+ 1 !

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
begsy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »

cant wait to see this,i was at the 2nd night and what an amazing show it was  ok
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »

haha, off course old fans are being bashed right away  rofl

its the CD tour, isnt it? and then you have AFD/UYI, HOF and "dangerous band"-crap in that trailer.....just weird as people might think the Axl camp would have more control in those issues by now - unless it was done by purpose by them. anyway it just again proves that the old band catalogue is the main attraction worldwide.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:16 AM »

Nobody's getting "bashed".

You're just so ridiculous in your whining.

its the CD tour, isnt it? and then you have AFD/UYI, HOF and "dangerous band"-crap in that trailer.....just weird as people might think the Axl camp would have more control in those issues by now - unless it was done by purpose by them. anyway it just again proves that the old band catalogue is the main attraction worldwide.

They are using clips from songs performed during the show in the trailer.

What the fuck is the problem?

What happened to your whining about there not being any officially released live material?

Oh wait. Now it's the choices made for a trailer that's the issue!

Pathetic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »

4 years ago we couldn?t imagine so many things would happen (Chinese Democracy?s release, huge world tour, Axl?s interview in That Metal Show n? the new live that will happen soon, official website, the vegas shows, many official stuff for sale including the first tour book since 1993, the first official pic of the whole band together since 1991, among many other things) n? now a gig to watch at a theatre near you !
Seems like some fans will ALWAYS have a reason to complain n? to bitch about.
Fuck the haters!
GNR4LIFE!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »

What happened to your whining about there not being any officially released live material?

Pathetic.

/jarmo

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.
Here's the problem with your statement and what you're not getting: there is nothing to suggest that Axl himself personally chose that line as part of the advertising for this as opposed to it being someone else's doing from the marketing side. 

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »

You Know > U2, AC/DC, IRON MAIDEN, Etc, Etc ??

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »

Pathetic.

/jarmo

Here's the problem with your statement and what you're not getting: there is nothing to suggest that Axl himself personally chose that line as part of the advertising for this as opposed to it being someone else's doing from the marketing side. 

Ali

Agree! And i'm not saying he did, and i wouldn't be amazed if he didn't, but he's the boss! He's gotta have some responsibility right?He chose to be the boss a long time ago when he did that contract that eventually was one of the reasons that broke up the band. So he made his choice!

If he's the boss and he's not aware of this, then something is wrong too. As a boss you generally must be aware of what your "company" does right or wrong, right?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:03:29 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »

He's not the boss. That would be Jimmy Iovine... until such time as GN'R are not signed to Universal Music Group, at least. Wink

CORRECTION: Lucian Grainge
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:05:18 PM by AxlReznor » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: