Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - Live in London 2012 movie  (Read 116116 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »

He's not the boss. That would be Jimmy Iovine... until such time as GN'R are not signed to Universal Music Group, at least. Wink

He's the boss of GNR! he became the boss when he did that contract back in the Illusion Tours. Sure he has to work for the label he's in, but that doesn't change the fact that he gives the yes or no's with everything that goes along the name Guns N'Roses.

He can approve and not approve everything that to him feels wrong or right, i would think...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »

haha, off course old fans are being bashed right away  rofl

Nobody's getting "bashed".

You're just so ridiculous in your whining.

its the CD tour, isnt it? and then you have AFD/UYI, HOF and "dangerous band"-crap in that trailer.....just weird as people might think the Axl camp would have more control in those issues by now - unless it was done by purpose by them. anyway it just again proves that the old band catalogue is the main attraction worldwide.

They are using clips from songs performed during the show in the trailer.

What the fuck is the problem?

What happened to your whining about there not being any officially released live material?

Oh wait. Now it's the choices made for a trailer that's the issue!

Pathetic.

/jarmo

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.
Here's the problem with your statement and what you're not getting: there is nothing to suggest that Axl himself personally chose that line as part of the advertising for this as opposed to it being someone else's doing from the marketing side. 

Ali

Agree! And i'm not saying he did, and i wouldn't be amazed if he didn't, but he's the boss! He's gotta have some responsibility right?He chose to be the boss a long time ago when he did that contract that eventually was one of the reasons that broke up the band. So he made his choice!

What Huh Funny Moment...

GN'R Promotiong Show Whit Song Of GN'R.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »

No. That's not how the music industry works. Promotional material is dealt with by completely different people who Axl has probably never even met. If he wanted to be able to have final approval on everything he'd have to make the band independent and then personally do all of the work of hiring people to do the promotion for him.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »

No. That's not how the music industry works. Promotional material is dealt with by completely different people who Axl has probably never even met. If he wanted to be able to have final approval on everything he'd have to make the band independent and then personally do all of the work of hiring people to do the promotion for him.

Of Course, You Know !!

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »

I didn't get top marks on my essay about the workings of the music industry for nothing. Wink (whilst researching it was when I realised I didn't want to work in that business after all).
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »

Using the HOF induction to promote this thing it's not classy at all, whoever's fault is

Personally, I'd have liked to watch a 2010 perfomance when Axl's voice really kicked ass.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

haha, off course old fans are being bashed right away  rofl

Nobody's getting "bashed".

You're just so ridiculous in your whining.

its the CD tour, isnt it? and then you have AFD/UYI, HOF and "dangerous band"-crap in that trailer.....just weird as people might think the Axl camp would have more control in those issues by now - unless it was done by purpose by them. anyway it just again proves that the old band catalogue is the main attraction worldwide.

They are using clips from songs performed during the show in the trailer.

What the fuck is the problem?

What happened to your whining about there not being any officially released live material?

Oh wait. Now it's the choices made for a trailer that's the issue!

Pathetic.

/jarmo

The problem is that Axl refused his induction, and now he's promoting something using that induction...does that make any sense to you?

Also the people who were inducted are not playing in this band...so to portray them as Hall of Famers... a little bit stupid and harsh i think.
Here's the problem with your statement and what you're not getting: there is nothing to suggest that Axl himself personally chose that line as part of the advertising for this as opposed to it being someone else's doing from the marketing side. 

Ali

Agree! And i'm not saying he did, and i wouldn't be amazed if he didn't, but he's the boss! He's gotta have some responsibility right?He chose to be the boss a long time ago when he did that contract that eventually was one of the reasons that broke up the band. So he made his choice!

If he's the boss and he's not aware of this, then something is wrong too. As a boss you generally must be aware of what your "company" does right or wrong, right?

Axl is the singer, songwriter and leader of the band.  He does not work in marketing.  You have zero idea if this was even run by him before it went out as part of the marketing campaign.

Ali
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »

He does not do the marketing part but he or his management team must have something to say about it...

Ali
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »

He does not do the marketing part but he or his management team must have something to say about it...
IF they were to see it before it went out, they yes, they may have an opinion on it.  But, again, that's assuming that they did get that run by them prior to the trailer being released.

Ali
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »

Anyone else find it funny how it looks like we're finally getting a kick ass official DVD and now people are complaining and arguing about how the music industry works and the tagline used in the German Trailer? Wow.

Anyways, once again, I can't wait for this! And Halloween. And the 11 shows after Halloween. Fuck, it's a GREAT time to be a Gn'R fan. Smiley

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »

For a guy who likes to act like he knows about how GN'R works, you sure don't show it!

Where exactly in the clip do you see Axl promoting the concert video?

It's so silly how some of you will find anything to complain about.

For years it was "no shows", then it was "the setlist", then "no official live releases" and now? You whine about how somebody chooses to promote a live release.

Get over it.

The silly Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is what the average public knows. The old songs is what the same people know.

Don't get all upset if somebody decides to use Welcome To The Jungle to promote a GN'R show somewhere in the world. It's a Guns N' Roses song. And chances are the people going to that show will hear Guns N' Roses play it!

You really need to get over this whole "old band / new band" shit. It's Guns N' Roses.

Anyone else find it funny how it looks like we're finally getting a kick ass official DVD and now people are complaining and arguing about how the music industry works and the tagline used in the German Trailer? Wow.

It's priceless.

Some GN'R fans....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

fuck yes.  peace

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »

It's fucking ridiculous.

A live DVD (hopefully blu ray!) is on the way. Axl is doing a live tv interview on a very popular late night show. They're playing a couple acoustic sets at the Bridge School Benefit. They're playing Vegas for a month. ALL positive things. Yet people somehow still find negatives in that. I just do not understand living your life by constantly looking for the negative in every thing, let alone something you claim to love and/or be a fan of.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »

great, I'll get two Christmas presents, Guns n Roses and Led Zeppelin.

Jarmo the "fans" of the GNR are the same everywhere in the world! want to find fault where there is!

Welcome to the Jungle is Guns n Roses!

ps: DVD is Guns n Roses O2 arena

Ps: NOT Chinese Democracy Live
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

For a guy who likes to act like he knows about how GN'R works, you sure don't show it!

For years it was "no shows", then it was "the setlist", then "no official live releases" and now? You whine about how somebody chooses to promote a live release.

Get over it.

The silly Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame is what the average public knows. The old songs is what the same people know.

Don't get all upset if somebody decides to use Welcome To The Jungle to promote a GN'R show somewhere in the world. It's a Guns N' Roses song. And chances are the people going to that show will hear Guns N' Roses play it!

You really need to get over this whole "old band / new band" shit. It's Guns N' Roses.

It's priceless.

Some GN'R fans....

/jarmo

I didn't say it was Axl promoting it, i said it's a little nasty to use it as a promotion after all the shit Axl said about it. (hall of fame)
And even if Axl wasn't aware of that... well ace, you gotta be aware of what goes around in your band... otherwise i guess we gotta question that leadership that he so wanted in 1991,and that he got. If you dunno what the hell is going on around your band... that can't be a good sign of leadership now can it?

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »

Eh, I think you're wrong on this one Halo69.  CEOs may try to know everything that's going on with their company, but its largely impossible and that is why you hire people to do some thinking for you.  You hire people full time, or you hire consultants.  My guess is this was a consulting firm they had positive references for overseas.  Mistakes happen.  If Axl had seen this I would like to think he'd change it, but when you're trying to make money its the norm to be hypocritical at times.  That being said, I do not think Axl has seen this.  I don't think this is a reflection on the entire GNR enterprise like you seem to be making it. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »

I didn't say it was Axl promoting it, i said it's a little nasty to use it as a promotion after all the shit Axl said about it. (hall of fame)
And even if Axl wasn't aware of that... well ace, you gotta be aware of what goes around in your band... otherwise i guess we gotta question that leadership that he so wanted in 1991,and that he got. If you dunno what the hell is going on around your band... that can't be a good sign of leadership now can it?

Seriously?

Is this all you can come up with?

See the post above.

It's just more and more apparent that your idea of how GN'R works, is just an idea in your head. You obviously don't know shit...

But in order to have something to whine about, this is what you choose to focus on once you get something new from Guns N' Roses to talk about....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:11 PM »

I would feel a lot better about this if there was some kind of confirmation from the Guns N' Roses camp. Their silence is a little troubling right?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ali
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »

Get over it.

It's priceless.

Some GN'R fans....

/jarmo

Being the leader and lead singer of the band is one thing.  Controlling how your band is promoted and marketed is yet another.  Being aware of what goes on in your band is one thing, being aware of what goes on outside it, in the areas of marketing and promotion are yet another.  You're lumping things together in effort to lay blame because it's easier to lay blame at Axl's feet.  But, as mentioned before, the things you are trying to assign blame for are not his responsibility.

Ali
wadey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »

im just really happy im gonna get my next Gn'R fix !!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: