Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Facebook Update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Facebook Update  (Read 32377 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 04:46:16 PM »

Because it needed to be said at the time?

Chances are that if you speak out on something, somebody will get upset. We all know that. It's life.

But I still think it's telling that you're so sensitive to somebody speaking out against people filled with hate toward your favorite band. Yes, I keep repeating it because it can't be pointed out enough.
I just don't get it.

And I was told just last week to stop pointing out that you are little more than their freakin' shill running a state run media site.  The point was made, I was told.  Let it go, they said. 

Should I now chastise you for beating your own dead horse?  Or is this "different", because its you?

The reality is that if people are still bitter about the break up 17 god damn years later, they will never change.  But there are other of us out there that made our peace with the break up, but aren't going to be lectured about being "disloyal" because we dare notice when something gets fucked up.

All a comment like that one does is hurt.  It never helps.  The only ones that thinks it has merit are people they already have under the influence, such as yourself.

Hi DG, Axl is just being Axl.

Say something positive. You post here a lot, what is it about GN'R that keeps you here and gives you that buzz for the future. Somewhere inside is that thing we all have.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

What? They? Who are they?

Yes, some people are still bitter. Yes, some people are still upset about a show being canceled over a decade ago. Some are still upset because there weren't enough interviews in 2008.

It's fine. How you life your life is your choice.

BUT, in my opinion, the behavior some of these people show isn't ok. It wouldn't be ok in real life, but because it's on the Internet and they're fans, some of you are justifying it as "allowed".
If I buy a coffee at Starbucks, it's ok to start yelling at the cashier that he's a moron? Maybe I'm bitter because my favorite barista quit, so it's ok for me to call the current barista a no talent loser?

If I made that kind of scene, chances are another customer would tell me to shut the fuck up and/or a manager would have me removed from the store. Nobody would object!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:41 PM »

Say something positive. You post here a lot, what is it about GN'R that keeps you here and gives you that buzz for the future. Somewhere inside is that thing we all have.

I thought there were enough good songs on CD that warranted continuing this band as a viable operation with a real future.

Sadly, Axl doesn't seem to share my view.  He'd rather take a touring band out every 2 years to play the same 25 songs.

What keeps me around?  Hope, and I'd argue rather pie in the sky hope, Axl proves me wrong and starts to give a shit again.

Jarmo gets all fired up about "200 shows!!" since DJ joined.  And how its a great victory for all of us that the band, you know, actually showed up to play them.  Score!

I hold out hope for some future output.  With each passing year, it seems less likely.  And I've already written off 2014.  And its...let's see,, Feburary 10th.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:53:39 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2014, 04:53:01 PM »

BUT, in my opinion, the behavior some of these people show isn't ok. It wouldn't be ok in real life, but because it's on the Internet and they're fans, some of you are justifying it as "allowed".
If I buy a coffee at Starbucks, it's ok to start yelling at the cashier that he's a moron? Maybe I'm bitter because my favorite barista quit, so it's ok for me to call the current barista a no talent loser?

You are never going to convert a troll.

I have made the same argument to the Bring Back Adlers and other posters like him.  Why hang around just to stir the pot if you truly have no interest in the future? 

But its completely na?ve to think a few sharply worded digs will shut them up.  It emboldens them.  So why waste the time?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »

Jarmo gets all fired up about "200 shows!!" since DJ joined.  And how its a great victory for all of us that the band, you know, actually showed up to play them.  Score!

It's kinda funny when you read all those comments about how the band is always changing members and this line up has played more shows than the two Use Your Illusion line ups combined... Not that you care about that. So yeah, you can make fun of it.

Which is ironic since just a few days ago you kept pointing out how unreliable GN'R are.... So now you're making fun of me pointing out the number of shows they've played, and them playing all those shows, while you keep pointing out how GN'R might not show up. Congrats! Once again, something good, you managed to turn into "bad"... But it's in the eye of the beholder. Smiley

But its completely na?ve to think a few sharply worded digs will shut them up.  It emboldens them.  So why waste the time?

I don't think anybody's trying to shut them up or convert them.

In this case it was just a "yes, we are aware of what you're doing" kind of thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »

I thought there were enough good songs on CD that warranted continuing this band as a viable operation with a real future.

Sadly, Axl doesn't seem to share my view.  He'd rather take a touring band out every 2 years to play the same 25 songs.

What keeps me around?  Hope, and I'd argue rather pie in the sky hope, Axl proves me wrong and starts to give a shit again.

I hold out hope for some future output.  With each passing year, it seems less likely.  And I've already written off 2014.  And its...let's see,, Feburary 10th.

That was not a positive post I asked for.

You posted a sentence, then you just seem intent on criticising the band members and Jarmo.

This is a =fan= forum?

If you are not that, move on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2014, 05:05:05 PM »

It's kinda funny when you read all those comments about how the band is always changing members and this line up has played more shows than the two Use Your Illusion line ups combined... Not that you care about that. So yeah, you can make fun of it.

Its swell.  But its a piece of the puzzle.  And its been 6 years now.

I am well on record with what I think.  And you rip me apart over it.  Despite the fact that most (if not all) the facts are on my side.

Here is what is probably our greatest difference.  If Axl shocked the fucking world and put out an album by year's end, I'd be right here saying I was wrong.  Putting it up in lights and letting everyone with eyes know I was wrong and was glad to be proven wrong.

You?  You're not doing that.  When another year passes without even a hint of a new album, you will make no such gesture.  But still be there to lecture anyone that dares point out the sad reality of the inactivity.

Its "funny" how "you" don't seem to "care" about "any" of "that".
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:07:44 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »

You posted a sentence, then you just seem intent on criticising the band members and Jarmo.

This is a =fan= forum?

I comment on the current situation.  If the band was releasing albums and seemed to give a damn, the tone and the content of the discussion is very different.  That's not my call.

As for your last bit, that's just laziness.  Even pointing that out is more than it deserves.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:50 PM »

I am well on record with what I think.  And you rip me apart over it.  Despite the fact that most (if not all) the facts are on my side.

Like you pointing out to people who are excited about the Las Vegas shows that GN'R are unreliable while you make fun of them playing over 200 shows since this line up was formed?
I think you need to stay humble....

Here is what is probably our greatest difference.  If Axl shocked the fucking world and put out an album by year's end, I'd be right here saying I was wrong.  Putting it up in lights and letting everyone with eyes know I was wrong and was glad to be proven wrong?

You?  You're not doing that.  When another year passes without even a hint of a new album, you will make no such gesture.  But still be there to lecture anyone that dares point out the sad reality of the inactivity.

Me? Yeah, I'm not gonna say I was wrong about them putting out or not putting out an album when I made no such statements to begin with.
I hope they do, but until I know something I'm not gonna say either way. That's how I work. Assumptions based on nothing more than a hunch isn't my thing.

I comment on the current situation.  If the band was releasing albums and seemed to give a damn, the tone and the content of the discussion is very different.  That's not my call.

Sounds like it's frustrating for you to be a GN'R fan. Ever consider taking a break? Might be less stressful...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:14:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »

This is a =fan= forum?

As for your last bit, that's just laziness.  Even pointing that out is more than it deserves.

Ok, it is maybe laziness.

Look, you are looking for a 'viable future' on a band that released AFD 27 years ago. It is extraordinary to be treating a band that far forward so sharply. Where is the respect and the forethought, to be fair.

Maybe I am older and look at things differently, but my opinion is, you are just being a buzzkill like that other poster earlier. You are not offering anything to the fan that has been here for 20 years. I just do not see what you are trying to achieve with your comments.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

Like you pointing out to people who are excited about the Las Vegas shows that GN'R are unreliable while you make fun of them playing over 200 shows since this line up was formed?

I said I personally would not incur travel and lodging expenses to see them.  Come to town, I'm there.  Travel?  No thanks.  

Me? Yeah, I'm not gonna say I was wrong about them putting out or not putting out an album when I made no such statements to begin with.
I hope they do, but until I know something I'm not gonna say either way. That's how I work. Assumptions based on nothing more than a hunch isn't my thing.

Yeah, because you need to go see The Wizard.

Look, we can't both be right.  That's the bottom line.  I say I don't see a new album anytime soon.  If you think I'm out of line saying that, logic would dictate its because you think otherwise.  

Logic does not dictate that I am way off base (despite no evidence to refute my opinion) and anyone that wants to really take me to task on that can wimp out on taking a real stance.

Its a put or shut up situation when you take the hard stance you do.  You either believe it or you don't.  You don't get to tell others they are wrong and say you have no opinion.  Its not credible.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »

Look, you are looking for a 'viable future' on a band that released AFD 27 years ago. It is extraordinary to be treating a band that far forward so sharply. Where is the respect and the forethought, to be fair.

I am not looking for songs like 'Still Out Ta Get Me'.

But I was impressed enough with songs like 'There Was A Time', 'I.R.S.' and 'Prostitute' and would like to hear more of it.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »

I said I personally would not incur travel and lodging expenses to see them.  Come to town, I'm there.  Travel?  No thanks.  

Yeah, because you need to go see The Wizard.

Look, we can't both be right.  That's the bottom line.  I say I don't see a new album anytime soon.  If you think I'm out of line saying that, logic would dictate its because you think otherwise.  

Logic does not dictate that I am way off base (despite no evidence to refute my opinion) and anyone that wants to really take me to task on that can wimp out on taking a real stance.

Its a put or shut up situation when you take the hard stance you do.  You either believe it or you don't.  You don't get to tell others they are wrong and say you have no opinion.  Its not credible.

Even if you have a 'put up or shut up' approach, post your opinion once, then move on.

You are wave after wave of negative.

People say, why do not people post here. Well, if you are reading wave after wave of negative, and you just wanted to post one positive comment, would you do it?

Be an upstanding, responsible fan. Post your post, but let others be.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »

But I was impressed enough with songs like 'There Was A Time', 'I.R.S.' and 'Prostitute' and would like to hear more of it.

If you post, say something positive and constructive, then offer arguments.

It works better that just being that guy who drives everyone to log off  ok
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »

Be an upstanding, responsible fan. Post your post, but let others be.

Jarmo responds to just about everything I post.  I'm not going to ignore him.  Message boards are based on dialogue.

I can't do much about the fact that every response to everything I write is how I should fuck off and am not a "real fan".  I play the cards I'm dealt.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »

So I just post how everything is awesome?

If the tour opens next month, Axl takes the stage on time and sounds great, my posts will reflect that reality.

If the tour opens with late start times and Axl in weak voice, well, my posts will reflect that reality. 

What my posts will NEVER reflect is a rosy outlook 24/7/365 when the facts on the ground do not support it.  I don't know any other way to have a credible dialogue.  All you can do as a person is comment on what you see and hear.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »

So I just post how everything is awesome?

If the tour opens next month, Axl takes the stage on time and sounds great, my posts will reflect that reality.

If the tour opens with late start times and Axl in weak voice, well, my posts will reflect that reality. 

What my posts will NEVER reflect is a rosy outlook 24/7/365 when the facts on the ground do not support it.  I don't know any other way to have a credible dialogue.  All you can do as a person is comment on what you see and hear.

If, if, if

Of course, if you buy a ticket to the forthcoming concerts, and have a negative experience, then of course inform us.

But you have to buy a ticket, and you have go to a concert and offer up some reality to us. That is what it is about
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2014, 05:40:11 PM »

But you have to buy a ticket, and you have go to a concert and offer up some reality to us. That is what it is about

If they come around, I will be buying that ticket.

Someone just posted a 2010 concert from Bucharest over at MYGNR.  I've been listening to it for a week and a half.  Axl sounds incredible.  Perhaps the strongest sounding I have heard him since the relaunch.

I very much hope that's how he sounds when they hit the road again.  I'd much rather be talking about how things are clicking then how they are misfiring.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 05:40:45 PM »

Logic would dictate to me to establish what soon is first before making assumptions based around said word.

If you keep repeating something enough times, you'll get it right/wrong at some point. Do you get some kind of satisfaction from saying "no" all the time because you've been right from 2009 until today?

Maybe the difference is that some of us don't thrive on that kind of negative thinking. Maybe you're happy about GN'R not doing what you said they wouldn't do day after day, while some of us are happy with what they do... (insert some smart ass remark about low bar here)

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »

If they come out and play three new songs at these concerts, no one is going to be talking about snarky Facebook posts.

That's the kind of shit that fills down time.  Its never going to get precedence over honest to god new positive developments.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: