Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Facebook Update
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Facebook Update  (Read 32379 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

That was a pretty good update Grin keep flaming back

Maybe I'm bitter because my favorite barista quit, so it's ok for me to call the current barista a no talent loser?

lmao  hihi

I also drink latte (a LOT!), so I can imagine how ridiculous it would be.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:40 PM »

If they come out and play three new songs at these concerts, no one is going to be talking about snarky Facebook posts.

That's the kind of shit that fills down time.  Its never going to get precedence over honest to god new positive developments.

By being negative, you are putting off the positive poster.

Let them post and let them be positive. If you are a fan, at least respect some of your other fans

Your arguments will be more interesting on another thread on another day

This all means you stop replying and posting. Let the fans on a fan forum now post

Yay
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »

But still be there to lecture anyone that dares point out the sad reality of the inactivity.

And you're lecturing a man who STARTED his (this) GNR fan-site on October 26, 1996.
Oh the irony!!! lmao

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »

But still be there to lecture anyone that dares point out the sad reality of the inactivity.

And you're lecturing a man who STARTED his (this) GNR fan-site on October 26, 1996.
Oh the irony!!! lmao

Haha, really?

5 days before GNArmegeddon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »

If they come out and play three new songs at these concerts, no one is going to be talking about snarky Facebook posts.

That's the kind of shit that fills down time.  Its never going to get precedence over honest to god new positive developments.

Let them post and let them be positive. If you are a fan, at least respect some of your other fans

This all means you stop replying and posting. Let the fans on a fan forum now post

Yay

Do you really buy that?  You think there are people just waiting to post positive comments, however, due to "negative" comments by some, they choose not to?  I find that hard to believe.  There are other GnR forums that are much more negative and have a lot more posters.  

And, what you call "negative" is nothing more than a realistic and objective view of things.  I don't see anything here that is negative (i.e. DJ sucks, Axl's fat, etc.).  That type of bullshit is negative and worthless.  But just because someone brings up legitimate criticisms (i.e. no new music even though this lineup has been together for several years 200+ shows, content to tour and play the hits) doesn't mean they should be lumped in with the former.  

There's a rush here to paint anyone that doesn't buy in hook, line and sinker as not a "true fan."  Sorry, but it's not all puppies and rainbows.  And yes, you can still be a "true fan" and ask questions and be critical about the current state of affairs.  Saying "it could be worse" or "don't post negative comments" isn't really a convincing response.  Nice try with the censorship, though.

If this forum was just filled with 100% positive, up with people, every day is better than the last, no decision that is made/is not made is wrong...well, there would be even fewer people that come here.  That would have more of a cult feel...if you're in you're in, and if you're not, well then you're not a true fan.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »

Totally agree, Ginger King. 

Thanks for that.  Agree 100%.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »

Well Doc, I think the DeLorean got misplaced so I can't go back to 1985 to find the pieces.  Wink

I'll give you a hint from personal experience. I've been told that apparently I'm nicer in person than I am on this board. So, go figure. If you think you know me by reading these words, think again. I think the same applies to most people.

/jarmo

Yes but I don't think what your Mom says about you counts on here does it?  rofl
Just joking Jarmo, we are all nicer in person than we are when working.   ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2014, 08:22:30 PM »

Yay

Do you really buy that?  You think there are people just waiting to post positive comments, however, due to "negative" comments by some, they choose not to?  I find that hard to believe.  There are other GnR forums that are much more negative and have a lot more posters.  

And, what you call "negative" is nothing more than a realistic and objective view of things.  I don't see anything here that is negative (i.e. DJ sucks, Axl's fat, etc.).  That type of bullshit is negative and worthless.  But just because someone brings up legitimate criticisms (i.e. no new music even though this lineup has been together for several years 200+ shows, content to tour and play the hits) doesn't mean they should be lumped in with the former.  

There's a rush here to paint anyone that doesn't buy in hook, line and sinker as not a "true fan."  Sorry, but it's not all puppies and rainbows.  And yes, you can still be a "true fan" and ask questions and be critical about the current state of affairs.  Saying "it could be worse" or "don't post negative comments" isn't really a convincing response.  Nice try with the censorship, though.

If this forum was just filled with 100% positive, up with people, every day is better than the last, no decision that is made/is not made is wrong...well, there would be even fewer people that come here.  That would have more of a cult feel...if you're in you're in, and if you're not, well then you're not a true fan.

Very, very well said.  No one wants to hang at a GNR forum equivalent to Jonestown. Nor should anyone who speaks their opinion be criticized for not being a "true fan".  What nonsense.

That said, I'll take the occasional verbal slaps on the wrists here over the utter madhouse a certain other forum has become.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:24:07 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »

Despite what seems to be a growing reputation as a rabble rouser, I do try and color within the lines here.

I fully understand and even agree with not allowing tired reunion talk, "Axl is fat, LOL" type bullshit, and what have you.  Totally unproductive conversation.

But I'm a guy here day after damn day rooting for a new album.  How, by any defintion, am I not a "true fan"?  Are you kidding me?

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:18 PM »

Axl was talking about a small pocket of trolls who "liked" a GNR Facebook page.   I wouldn't classify all 27 million as fans.  I like Things on Facebook that I just decided to have on my news feed.  Doesn't mean I am a fan.   I think people are twisting this into more than it is.  Axl has been blasting his critics for years.  He is outspoken about that.  There are a ton of insults towards Axl in a lot of Facebook posts.  I like to dwell on the part where Axl thanks me as a fan.  And yes I am going to hop into an airplane and fly across the US to see Axl perform because there is no other front man on this planet I'd rather hear sing a song no matter what the setlist or band looks like.  If I can get a photo with Axl this time around, I will be very happy.   ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »

Despite what seems to be a growing reputation as a rabble rouser, I do try and color within the lines here.

I fully understand and even agree with not allowing tired reunion talk, "Axl is fat, LOL" type bullshit, and what have you.  Totally unproductive conversation.

But I'm a guy here day after damn day rooting for a new album.  How, by any defintion, am I not a "true fan"?  Are you kidding me?

It's like telling Chicago Cubs fans to stop rooting for a World Series "Just enjoy the damn game, at least they're playing, you're not a true fan!".  For whatever reason, that logic doesn't seem to exist in this dojo...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:06:48 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »

NO MERCY!!

Princess Leia
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »

The thing that some people here don?t want to understand is that fans don?t agree. And they don?t have to. If you ask fans what their favorite GN?R song is you?re gonna get like 100 different answers. There is no right answer and there is no wrong answer. It?s a matter of personal taste. But if Axl and his entourage demands that fans favorite song must be This I Love because they say so. It?s not gonna happen no matter what. They can?t change people?s taste. Are they going to troll those fans who like other songs? Are they going to call those fans not true fans? That?s not how it works

They have to understand that fans don?t agree. Fans don?t like the same things. And they have their own opinions for many reasons. The same happens when it comes to band members and albums. Even if the band makes 10 albums this year still there will be tons of all kind of opinions. Not all the fans are gonna like every single thing about every album. That doesn?t mean they are not true fans. It will always be impossible to have an unanimous opinion about things related to the band.

It is a good thing to have debates and different opinions. Sure there are ways to express an opinion.  A mod can ask not to use the word suck and instead use don?t like.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2014, 07:07:10 AM »

Get over the different tastes and poor fans had to endure the member changes over the years.
That's never been the issue!

Why don't you just say it's wrong for some of these assholes to post personal attacks against your favorite band on the Internet instead of trying make up excuses for their behavior?

But instead of doing that, you focus on how the band is being mean to their fans. Which is something you made up to draw focus from the real issue.

It's like telling Chicago Cubs fans to stop rooting for a World Series "Just enjoy the damn game, at least they're playing, you're not a true fan!".  For whatever reason, that logic doesn't seem to exist in this dojo...

No, it's like having a few of you pointing out that they'll never make it there. And even if they're already there, they'lll point out how they'll lose every game because some old players quit.
Haven't you noticed how difficult it is for some to give the band any credit for anything?

Some of you are justifying your posts with being supportive. Support is something positive, yet if you look at the posts they hardly look that supportive or positive.
So the excuse is "I'm only negative to be supportive". How constructive!

What those of you with that mindset also seem to fail to realize is that some of us have been here before. We've seen your "support" over the years. It amounted to nothing. Just because you spent the early 2000s whining about there not being a new album, it didn't make the album come out any sooner. Yet, your positive thinking and track record is leading you to believe you'll have a better shot this time?

I'm sorry your "fan experience" is filled with misery and you can't find anything good about GN'R these days and hatred is justified with "they're fans, they're customers".
Cheer up. The band is active, things could be worse.

Yeah yeah yeah, low bar blah blah blah. At least I don't aim for the moon and spend decades whining about how I never get to jump over that bar.  Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:15:12 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2014, 09:16:59 AM »

Why don't you just say it's wrong for some of these assholes to post personal attacks against your favorite band on the Internet instead of trying make up excuses for their behavior?

But instead of doing that, you focus on how the band is being mean to their fans. Which is something you made up to draw focus from the real issue.

That last line here is a pisser.  Have you just discovered irony?

As for the people you are talking about, they don't matter.  A stupid troll is going to be a stupid troll forever.  You are never going to stop the Bring Back Adler types and their "personal attacks".  You write them off as lost causes.  They aren't interested in the current band and never will be.  So fuck 'em.

So they call the band mean names.  Who gives a shit?  They are morons.

Haven't you noticed how difficult it is for some to give the band any credit for anything?

Perhaps this is a just a personal thing, but I'm not going to go overboard effusive with the praise over them doing things a band is expected to do.  They announced a tour and then played the dates?  Holy shit, what trailblazers. 

Its obviously better they tour than literally do nothing, but its hard to get as fired up about the 11th leg of the same tour.  We never seem to be moving forward these past few years.  New gigs in 2002 or 2006 were enormous because we had nothing to go on for years.  At this point, I would wager just about all of us have seen some incarnation of the 'Chinese Democracy' tour.  Its time for the next step.  Long past time, actually.

Some of you are justifying your posts with being supportive. Support is something positive, yet if you look at the posts they hardly look that supportive or positive.
So the excuse is "I'm only negative to be supportive". How constructive!

No, that's blind fanaticism.  Hoping they put out another album in my lifetime is not "negative".  Its the exact opposite, actually.  But I'm not sure I, or any fan of the band, is ever out of line for simply asking why there seem to be no plans for such.  Who else would we talk to about such a thing than other Guns N' Roses fans? 

And the answer to that question is not "but they just announced dates, there is no pleasing you."  You are offering an answer that has nothing to do with the question being asked.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:58 AM »

That last line here is a pisser.  Have you just discovered irony?

I don't know. Have I?

The part of the post wasn't aimed at you.

They are morons.

Finally we agree on something.

Still, I wasn't talking to you.  Cheesy

Perhaps this is a just a personal thing, but I'm not going to go overboard effusive with the praise over them doing things a band is expected to do.  They announced a tour and then played the dates?  Holy shit, what trailblazers.

Fair enough. BUT.... Aren't you the same person who kept saying they are more unreliable than other bands? So, keeping that in mind, shouldn't you be FUCKING ECSTATIC that things have improved?
Why do you get to eat the cake and keep it too? You can't have it both ways.... Either you keep lying to people about how GN'R always cancels shows and changes members, or you stick to the facts and give them some credit.

Its time for the next step.  Long past time, actually.

Ok, and how would that next step start? I mean, do you think the band doesn't know what to do?

Hoping they put out another album in my lifetime is not "negative".  Its the exact opposite, actually.  But I'm not sure I, or any fan of the band, is ever out of line for simply asking why there seem to be no plans for such.  Who else would we talk to about such a thing than other Guns N' Roses fans? 

I want them to put out an album too. But does it mean I have to put down the band? No, it doesn't. It also doesn't make the time between right now and the album's release date go any faster.
Be honest, did it seem like it worked out for you last time?

Focusing on the one thing you don't have instead of focusing on what you do have.... Yes, in your personal life that can make you achieve things. But in this case, it's a band that you're not in, so it really makes very little sense for you to do that.  Smiley

It's a pretty simple question at the end of the day. What does being a Debbie Downer achieve?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:53:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »

It's a pretty simple question at the end of the day. What does being a Debbie Downer achieve?

The same thing being Rose Coloredglasses achieves, apparently.  Nada.

You are way too hypersensitive.  You are making impassioned speeches against Facebook trolls for god's sake.  These are not people that represent the current fanbase.

And its 100% dishonest to lump myself, or anyone else frustrated by the lack of any sort of coherent direction forward, in with them.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

I'm not making posts against trolls or lumping you with them. I agree with you, they're morons.

I'm pointing out that some are trying to justify their actions! With the "poor fans, it's not easy being a GN'R fan" excuse.
There's something weird when people post more about how "wrong" it is for somebody to speak out against the trolls than to speak out against the trolls.  nervous

The same thing being Rose Coloredglasses achieves, apparently.  Nada.

How do you know what it achieves? You never tried it!  hihi

So you're pretty much saying that your constant complaints amount to nothing. Glad we got that sorted out. Doesn't it seem like a waste of time?

So you'd say feeling bitter/upset/angry/let down/insert your negative emotion, about your favorite band, is better than not feeling that way?
Would you say most people would like to surround themselves with people who are overly negative?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »

So you'd say feeling bitter/upset/angry/let down/insert your negative emotion, about your favorite band, is better than not feeling that way?
Would you say most people would like to surround themselves with people who are overly negative?

Human nature is to comment on what you see and hear. 

When the band is on the road or a new album comes out, that dominates the conversation.  We are being given something good to comment on.  When months, and sometimes an entire calendar year goes by with literally nothing happening, the talk is going to be about that.

You seem take the position that praise for the good should be shouted from the rooftops, but criticism over the bad should be kept to your damn self.  That's not reality.

If they come out next month and debut even one new song, that will be the dominant topic of conversation.  However, the flipside of that coin is that if they come out in March and play the same 21-23 song set in roughly the same order, that is likely to dominate the conversation.  Both reactions are valid reactions to what we were given.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »

You're avoiding the questions....

My stance is, hasn't changed, if you come to a Guns N' Roses fan site, you're there to support the band. Not to endlessly whine about things you have no control over. It's not constructive, productive or anything, just boring.

As I said, would you like to surround yourself with people who whine day in and and day out?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: