Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Facebook Update
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Facebook Update  (Read 32383 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »

Off topic my friend but if the come back to the Garden State, House of blues Atlantic City is a must.  Stay at the Showboat for the night.  Trust me you will have a blast. 

I saw Marilyn Manson there last year.  I agree, cool little venue.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »

Sure would be nice to have this and that, and that.... But the reality is that we don't.

So what makes you wake up every day and decide to login to a fan site to bitch and moan about what you don't have?

Also, I got a simple question for some of you. Have you noticed a certain bias against the current organization? Earlier I pointed out how it seems like old management teams are idolized for booking tours and Pay-per-Views, but when those things happen with the present organization, they are belittled as something normal that every band does. Would you say that kind of statements are fair and objective?

What it boils down to is this. Why is it so difficult to say something nice for a chance? We all know you're more than capable of complaining about what you don't have and what you "need". Are things really that bad for you in 2014 with a band that's actually been active for about four years now?

Remember last time people "needed" something and then it came out? A lot of the neediest people were the ones who apparently didn't need to album after all. Since they preferred the live versions of songs, the leaks and so on. Ironic.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »

Sure would be nice to have this and that, and that.... But the reality is that we don't.

So what makes you wake up every day and decide to login to a fan site to bitch and moan about what you don't have?

Also, I got a simple question for some of you. Have you noticed a certain bias against the current organization? Earlier I pointed out how it seems like old management teams are idolized for booking tours and Pay-per-Views, but when those things happen with the present organization, they are belittled as something normal that every band does. Would you say that kind of statements are fair and objective?

What it boils down to is this. Why is it so difficult to say something nice for a chance? We all know you're more than capable of complaining about what you don't have and what you "need". Are things really that bad for you in 2014 with a band that's actually been active for about four years now?

Remember last time people "needed" something and then it came out? A lot of the neediest people were the ones who apparently didn't need to album after all. Since they preferred the live versions of songs, the leaks and so on. Ironic.

Smiley

/jarmo

yeah theyve been touring since 06 pretty consistently.... great... they also havent written one song in that time... ask Ron... he tells us that all the time

you might think thats great... but i think its a waste...

you want me to say something nice? ok... i have a blast every time ive gotten to see Axl perform... thats a fact

but the operation as a whole has a lot of leaks ...no pun intended

but how many times can we say this... and how man times can you defend it? ... and you are right... we should all just stop....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2014, 10:55:23 AM »

and for the record... im not the type who bashes Axl pseudo family for no reason or hates Chinese Democracy because it doesnt sound like Appetite

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »

yeah theyve been touring since 06 pretty consistently.... great... they also havent written one song in that time... ask Ron... he tells us that all the time

Ask Dj, he says the opposite.
Different points of view, different ways of seeing things. One guy wants to jam/write with the whole band, another might write a song idea on his own.

you want me to say something nice? ok... i have a blast every time ive gotten to see Axl perform... thats a fact

Would you agree that it's better to have the band touring and let other fans be able to experience that same feeling you did at the shows, than not?

but how many times can we say this... and how man times can you defend it? ... and you are right... we should all just stop....

My logic is different than yours.
Your logic: No tour -> Band must be in studio recording
My logic: No tour -> Band might be taking a break / band might be recording

To me it's simple.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I just think a lot of fans gas tanks are running on empty at this point.  For example, I spent a large chunk of my time at the various forums talking up and praising Chinese Democracy from the very first leaks in early '06, through the albums release, even up to the point where the 'real deal' Chinese Democracy tour finally hit the states in fall of 2011.  I even thought the UCAP tour was going to be a fun, intimate, way of closing out the Chinese Democracy era before looking to the next release, with is supposed to have already been recorded, per Axl.  But it didn't...It kept going....through the rest of 2012, then again in 2013, barring a surprise release in 2014, they're now going to continue to tour just for the sake of touring.

If I didn't have faith in Axl and the next album, and I didn't believe what is meant for the next album wasn't great, I wouldn't say anything.  I wouldn't care.  But I do.  As I said before, I'm not ashamed to say that I want more for Guns N' Roses than to just be a touring band, especially when you consider all the incredible unreleased tracks they have, just waiting to be released.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:25:20 AM by sofine11 » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »

Ask Dj, he says the opposite.
Different points of view, different ways of seeing things. One guy wants to jam/write with the whole band, another might write a song idea on his own.

Would you agree that it's better to have the band touring and let other fans be able to experience that same feeling you did at the shows, than not?

My logic is different than yours.
Your logic: No tour -> Band must be in studio recording
My logic: No tour -> Band might be taking a break / band might be recording

To me it's simple.

/jarmo

well why do the two lead guitarists have such a varying take on the situation? seems odd to me

i absolutely am happy for anybody who gets to go and enjoy the shows like i do... and i never said i equate constant touring with being unable to record... why cant both be done ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2014, 11:32:57 AM »

I'm not ashamed to say that I want more for Guns N' Roses than to just be a touring band, especially when you consider all the incredible unreleased tracks they have, just waiting to be released.  

There it is, "waiting to be released".

So you'd rather wait for that to happen with nothing going on instead of waiting with some shows? I don't think anybody misses the 2003-2005 time period as a fan.

well why do the two lead guitarists have such a varying take on the situation? seems odd to me

Not odd, different people talking about two different things.
Imagine this:
Dj: "Wow, this song idea is pretty cool, can't wait to play it for Axl!"
Ron: "We didn't write as a band yet".

i absolutely am happy for anybody who gets to go and enjoy the shows like i do... and i never said i equate constant touring with being unable to record... why cant both be done ?

Ah, so you see it. You don't think touring hinders recording.  ok

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

I'm not ashamed to say that I want more for Guns N' Roses than to just be a touring band, especially when you consider all the incredible unreleased tracks they have, just waiting to be released.  

So you'd rather wait for that to happen with nothing going on instead of waiting with some shows? I don't think anybody misses the 2003-2005 time period as a fan.

Not odd, different people talking about two different things.
Imagine this:
Dj: "Wow, this song idea is pretty cool, can't wait to play it for Axl!"
Ron: "We didn't write as a band yet".

Ah, so you see it. You don't think touring hinders recording.  ok

/jarmo

I never said it does hinder recording... still curious to know why both can't be done....

the results say Axl doesn't want to... that simple

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »

Well, the band doesn't exactly have a stellar track record of being able to tour while also finishing up/negotiating an album release.  Remember 2006?

But, and I've said this before, better they continue to tour then do nothing at all, if those are the only two options.  I'm sure the shows will be great, and if they swing by Chicago, I'm totally there, as I've been on every other leg.  It's just a damn shame that an album that has been more or less done and dusted for several years now simply cannot find it's way to a release, whatever the reason.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:45:47 AM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »

I never said it does hinder recording... still curious to know why both can't be done....

Who said that?

We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy ? we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling ? like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

Los Angeles Times - December 21st, 2011

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about. Chinese was done in piecemeal with one person here and one there at different times. Appetite for Destruction was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don't know if that was the best thing for Guns. I do want to lean more toward lyrics and melody."
USA Today - October 30th, 2012

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »

Quote from: jarmo link=topic=65655.msg1361698#msg1361698 [i

We're still busy with this lineup. We're gonna be busy ? we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

I remember this interview.  I love how Axl did a classic Seinfeld "Yada yada yada" over what could have been the most interesting part of the interview, giving us a good idea as to exactly what stands between the fans and a new Guns album.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:05 PM »

Who said that?

As to whether he feels that he bears any responsibility for the state of limbo he's in, Rose says: "You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling ? like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?"

Los Angeles Times - December 21st, 2011

New music: "All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years. We'll figure out what we feel best about. Chinese was done in piecemeal with one person here and one there at different times. Appetite for Destruction was the only thing written with lyrics and melody fitting the guitar parts at the same time. After that, I got a barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to, and I don't know if that was the best thing for Guns. I do want to lean more toward lyrics and melody."
USA Today - October 30th, 2012

/jarmo

At this point I will believe it when I see it.... despite ur unwavering loyalty... you have to understand that no ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »

At this point I will believe it when I see it.... despite ur unwavering loyalty... you have to understand that no ?

Nobody here really minds if you don't believe something unless you see it.

But why do you need to keep reminding us that you're not seeing it, almost daily? We know!
That whole "I keep complaining about shit I have no control over because I want the best for the band" doesn't make sense. It's not constructive. It's just an easy way to regurgitate your recycled emotions from years ago.

I remember this interview.  I love how Axl did a classic Seinfeld "Yada yada yada" over what could have been the most interesting part of the interview, giving us a good idea as to exactly what stands between the fans and a new Guns album.

The record company?

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

The record company?

/jarmo

In what way?  Are they just flat-out refusing to put out another new GNR record?  Seems kinda harsh.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »

Maybe the label is holding out for a reunion, making any other guns release difficult?

Who knows. It's a damn shame that all that music is still unheard Sad

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2014, 03:37:33 PM »

In what way?  Are they just flat-out refusing to put out another new GNR record?  Seems kinda harsh.

No, they don't have to be refusing a release. Maybe they just haven't agreed with the artist on what/how things need to be done, for example.

In an optimal world for musicians and fans, the record company would just put out and support any record they were delivered and do what the musicians asked. Unfortunately, instead they seem more interested in polishing their quarterly numbers for their stockholders.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »

No, they don't have to be refusing a release. Maybe they just haven't agreed with the artist on what/how things need to be done, for example.

In an optimal world for musicians and fans, the record company would just put out and support any record they were delivered and do what the musicians asked. Unfortunately, instead they seem more interested in polishing their quarterly numbers for their stockholders.

/jarmo

Kind of depressing that, in a sense, GNR are slaves to the label getting their shit together before they can get this next album out.  Screws the band and the fans, but hey, what do they care?  Imagine Dragons are making them money.  Weak.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »

It's just a possible scenario.

But it's apparent Axl and the band doesn't want to repeat the Chinese Democracy experience.

Rock albums don't sell like they used to. Albums don't sell like they used to. You used to get a song on the radio, a video on MTV, tour and your album would sell more. Nowadays? Radio plays Mumford & Sons, MTV is full of reality shows, people spend more money on Frappuccinos than music...

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »

It's just a possible scenario.

But it's apparent Axl and the band doesn't want to repeat the Chinese Democracy experience.

Rock albums don't sell like they used to. Albums don't sell like they used to. You used to get a song on the radio, a video on MTV, tour and your album would sell more. Nowadays? Radio plays Mumford & Sons, MTV is full of reality shows, people spend more money on Frappuccinos than music...

/jarmo

Yeah, that's the thing.  As much as I want the next album, it's clear that in no way is Axl willing to put another record in the same situation as Chinese Democracy, only to be abandoned the the moment it is released.  I wonder, what assurances is Axl looking for that they will not give him?  What is the correct way to market a hard rock album in 2014? 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: