Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?  (Read 58929 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:35 PM »

I think it is basically a given that nothing we will ever talk about will ever in any way steer Axl in that said direction. His own band mates seem to have a problem motivating him so I highly doubt any poster here holds any illusions that they are able to influence the turn of events. It is such a given, that it should be left unstated.

Please provide proof for band mates having a problem motivating him without mentioning Ron's endless whining.

I sincerely think the calibre of most forums and members is taken into consideration.  rofl

Well I was going to mention Ron, but you may also mention Slash, Duff and Matt turning up to an Axlless studio in 1996 (ironically, his sessions, his time, his direction), or Axl's inability or unwillingless to forge a songwriting partnership with Gilby Clarke. Buckethead obviously was not a motivation enough to get CD out on time, and Robin looked for pastures new. It is also not hard to read between the lines that the current members (minus Axl) desire an album.

Yawn, Gilby was a temporary fill in, in order to tour.

You continue to attempt to discredit and paint Axl in the worst possible light on a GNR Fan Forum, it isn't hard to "read in between the lines of your agenda".

Maybe you should go find a forum more suited to whatever it is you like? You won't be missed here.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »

I think it is basically a given that nothing we will ever talk about will ever in any way steer Axl in that said direction. His own band mates seem to have a problem motivating him so I highly doubt any poster here holds any illusions that they are able to influence the turn of events. It is such a given, that it should be left unstated.

Please provide proof for band mates having a problem motivating him without mentioning Ron's endless whining.

I sincerely think the calibre of most forums and members is taken into consideration.  rofl

Well I was going to mention Ron, but you may also mention Slash, Duff and Matt turning up to an Axlless studio in 1996 (ironically, his sessions, his time, his direction), or Axl's inability or unwillingless to forge a songwriting partnership with Gilby Clarke. Buckethead obviously was not a motivation enough to get CD out on time, and Robin looked for pastures new. It is also not hard to read between the lines that the current members (minus Axl) desire an album.

You continue to attempt to discredit and paint Axl in the worst possible light on a GNR Fan Forum, it isn't hard to "read in between the lines of your agenda".

Is it so controversial to say that, countless members both former and present, have desired an album only to hit a gigantic wall in Axl and the way the band operates? This is not exactly some left, out-of-the-box, hypothesis here!

You won't be missed here.

Correct but you yourself also seem to be doing an excellent job of making friends around here recently!!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 06:22:40 AM »

Is it so controversial to say that, countless members both former and present, have desired an album only to hit a gigantic wall in Axl and the way the band operates? This is not exactly some left, out-of-the-box, hypothesis here!

You won't be missed here.

Correct but you yourself also seem to be doing an excellent job of making friends around here recently!!

"Countless" members?? You are clearly delusional   Roll Eyes

I have several friends here, don't really care if the toxic tribe of whiners  don't like me, I can assure you it is mutual.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 09:11:07 AM »

Once again I'm offering my opionion about people who follow my band. In no way have I ever implied that it makes my opinion more relevant than anyone elses. Im a fan like everyone else on this board.
Personally I dont get your angle here. I started the thread as a means to get "fans" opinions on what they would want in a perfect world. You have used it as an oportunity to attack. Not once have you said which of the four options you would want. Only that you'll be content with whatever comes next.

That's not news.

Search her posts.  All she brings to the table in most any thread is lecturing people on things they never said based on her false premises.

It's to the point of getting ridiculous. All I'm trying to do is get an honest discussion among "fans". Isn't this a fan site after all? Nobody is trying to play "armchair quarterback". No one is demanding anything from anybody.

And the attack on me saying that I use the fact that I'm in a band to enhance my points is such a crock. She totally missed my point.

Not for nothing but as a fan would you be happy if they just decided to become a novelty act? I mean if your truly happy with whatever they do then you would welcome that.

Not me, these guys are way too talented to go that route. I would love to hear more from them. ( Thats not a demand)

You started this topic with the words "In a perfect world"  I simply stated my preferences for my view of a perfect world.
I didn't want to vote on  the choices you gave, so I invented an alternative choice that I believe in.

You have twisted what I said, I stated that I'm always amused when someone feels a need to say "they are in a band" to try and give more relevance to their opinion.

Why mention it at all?

If you feel "attacked" you are incapable of honest discussion and reasonable debate.

On a more pleasant note, I have 4 months of vacation saved up for when the next tour is announced  peace

Please answer what you have brought to the "honest debate?" 

Once again the reason I mention myself being in a band is not to give more relavance to my opinions. It's more to do with how "I" see things. It is my opinion. Im not telling anyone how to do things. Im not suggesting anyone follow anything I say. Its a fan board, we discuss things. We offer opinions. Not everyone needs to like them.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »

I would honestly hope he isnt motivated by anything being spoken in a fan message board.

True.

That might be good advice for the management, however.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »

Please post all my false premises oh learned one -

You have, maybe, 3 total posts in your entire playbook.  They are all lectures.

Someone will talk about what might happen or what they might like to see happen.  From that, you lash out with one of three accusations :

- that poster thinks they run the band
- that poster thinks they are experts in the industry
- that poster thinks what they say on a fan message board will dictate band policy

Here's the rub.

No one that your chide has ever, ever, ever, EVER said any of those things.  But you pretend those are all real positions and then rail against them.  But they never actually, you know...happened.  No one has ever said that stuff, not one time.

Then there is your catch all that anyone that doesn't just sit quietly in the corner, or if they simply MUST say something, have it venture past illuminating stuff like "I like Guns N' Roses" or "I had fun at their show"...they are whiny and entitled.  That's swell if that's how you see it, but you are the only one.

A member search of your collected body of work will find examples of this time and time and time again.  The posts I'm describing could fill a word document.  And the posts of your that aren't in their vein fill a tweet.  Maybe.

If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2015, 09:44:31 AM »

Release CD 2 and re-release CD with the proper artwork/booklet.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

Yes a re-release of Chinese with a second disc of remixes to coincide with the new album would be awesome.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »

To me its all good as long as they are moving forward with new material.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »

To me its all good as long as they are moving forward with new material.

That's the best case, no doubt.

And even a reunion tour, at least the first time around, is interesting because it had been so long and no one ever expected it.

But another round of touring with the new band with no new album and just playing the same setlist?  What's real compelling about that?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »

Once again I'm offering my opionion about people who follow my band. In no way have I ever implied that it makes my opinion more relevant than anyone elses. Im a fan like everyone else on this board.
Personally I dont get your angle here. I started the thread as a means to get "fans" opinions on what they would want in a perfect world. You have used it as an oportunity to attack. Not once have you said which of the four options you would want. Only that you'll be content with whatever comes next.

That's not news.

Search her posts.  All she brings to the table in most any thread is lecturing people on things they never said based on her false premises.

It's to the point of getting ridiculous. All I'm trying to do is get an honest discussion among "fans". Isn't this a fan site after all? Nobody is trying to play "armchair quarterback". No one is demanding anything from anybody.

And the attack on me saying that I use the fact that I'm in a band to enhance my points is such a crock. She totally missed my point.

Not for nothing but as a fan would you be happy if they just decided to become a novelty act? I mean if your truly happy with whatever they do then you would welcome that.

Not me, these guys are way too talented to go that route. I would love to hear more from them. ( Thats not a demand)

You started this topic with the words "In a perfect world"  I simply stated my preferences for my view of a perfect world.
I didn't want to vote on  the choices you gave, so I invented an alternative choice that I believe in.

You have twisted what I said, I stated that I'm always amused when someone feels a need to say "they are in a band" to try and give more relevance to their opinion.

Why mention it at all?

If you feel "attacked" you are incapable of honest discussion and reasonable debate.

On a more pleasant note, I have 4 months of vacation saved up for when the next tour is announced  peace

Please answer what you have brought to the "honest debate?" 

Once again the reason I mention myself being in a band is not to give more relavance to my opinions. It's more to do with how "I" see things. It is my opinion. Im not telling anyone how to do things. Im not suggesting anyone follow anything I say. Its a fan board, we discuss things. We offer opinions. Not everyone needs to like them.

I brought an opinion about some "fans" that many don't like and don't like to discuss-but it is true that GNR don't need a forum full of armchair quarterbacks offering up advice.

I don't honestly care that you are in some band, I thought it was odd to mention it and it reeked of implied exclusivity.

My opinion still stands, "we discuss things, not everyone has to like them"
Your words  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 12:43:24 PM »

Please post all my false premises oh learned one -

You have, maybe, 3 total posts in your entire playbook.  They are all lectures.

Someone will talk about what might happen or what they might like to see happen.  From that, you lash out with one of three accusations :

- that poster thinks they run the band
- that poster thinks they are experts in the industry
- that poster thinks what they say on a fan message board will dictate band policy

Here's the rub.

No one that your chide has ever, ever, ever, EVER said any of those things.  But you pretend those are all real positions and then rail against them.  But they never actually, you know...happened.  No one has ever said that stuff, not one time.

Then there is your catch all that anyone that doesn't just sit quietly in the corner, or if they simply MUST say something, have it venture past illuminating stuff like "I like Guns N' Roses" or "I had fun at their show"...they are whiny and entitled.  That's swell if that's how you see it, but you are the only one.

A member search of your collected body of work will find examples of this time and time and time again.  The posts I'm describing could fill a word document.  And the posts of your that aren't in their vein fill a tweet.  Maybe.

If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

You are indeed dying intellectually if you belive this tripe.

You have 1 play in your limited bag of tricks, it is to criticize and demean GNR, it's mgmt, It's members and this forum's admin as much as you can, and as often as you can here without getting outright banned, in a desperate attempt to impress others, pretty pathetic and sad actually.

We obviously play for different teams.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 12:48:04 PM »

I would honestly hope he isnt motivated by anything being spoken in a fan message board.

True.

That might be good advice for the management, however.

The mgmt does not require your advice. They are doing an exemplary job.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »

Let me try to explain this to you. You, and some others, like to act like their opinions are facts and like they know what's best for the band in any situation. Now, if that comes across to some as thinking you are a wannabe manager or whatnot. It's logic, common sense.

If you don't want that to happen, change your ways a bit. Don't think you're always right, don't make claims about how the business works and so on. Then these kinds of "accusations" won't happen. Simple really.

Just some friendly advice so you can avoid making this same argument over and over again. ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:05:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »

Release CD 2 and re-release CD with the proper artwork/booklet.  peace

That'd be cool.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

You are indeed dying intellectually if you belive this tripe.

You have 1 play in your limited bag of tricks, it is to criticize and demean GNR, it's mgmt, It's members and this forum's admin as much as you can, and as often as you can here without getting outright banned, in a desperate attempt to impress others, pretty pathetic and sad actually.

We obviously play for different teams.  Kiss

Your posts are all readily available to any of us.  And we can all read.

I'm not too worried about what I typed this morning not being proven, easily. 

As a side note, the fact you are disputing it in this fashion only strengthens an already rock solid argument. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »

The mgmt does not require your advice. They are doing an exemplary job.  Kiss

Do you think it reflects well on the professionalism of a band's management to see them get involved with petty squabbles with the band's fans on internet message boards?

If you do, I do not share that view.

Its like when you see some celeb start getting into with some fan on Twitter.  Does that ever go well, or make said celeb look all the better for it?

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 02:19:04 PM »

In my perfect world, I'd like to have CD 2 released as an EP or something, similar to Lies, where it isn't a full album, but best recordings of the songs to hold the fan base over. Then, have the current band write new songs and record them as a brand new album, or at least mostly new, with maybe some older songs that Axl feels deserve better treatment and a proper release. As an example, Reckless Life is a pretty good song. Never had "an album" version of it, but I don't think that hurts the song. Now, November Rain. This song, from my understanding, has been around since 1984. Axl took the time and attention this song deserves and gave it a proper release.  That's my wish list. And if that doesn't happen or as soon as the album is recorded, for them to get back on the road and tour. It's been too long since I've seen them last.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 02:20:58 PM »

Just some friendly advice so you can avoid making this same argument over and over again. ok

Actually, I only ever have to have this conversation with the one person.  And if you take a look around, I ain't the only one saying these same things to her. 

Are we all wrong?

People from all different viewpoints all over this place say the same things to her about how she acts and treats everyone.  Think, perhaps, there is a common denominator at play?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:28:51 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »

Are you wrong? Perhaps. Because the way I see it, your actions have consequences. In this case, you come off as somebody who acts like they know facts and what's best for the band.
In reality, you're a fan like the rest of us. Guessing about things.

As I said, just some friendly advice to avoid this kind of misunderstandings.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: