Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In a perfect world, what would the ideal situation be?  (Read 58648 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:13 PM »

In my perfect world, I'd like to have CD 2 released as an EP or something, similar to Lies, where it isn't a full album, but best recordings of the songs to hold the fan base over. Then, have the current band write new songs and record them as a brand new album, or at least mostly new, with maybe some older songs that Axl feels deserve better treatment and a proper release.

I have long thought something similar.

Doesn't make much sense to me to release an album with guys so long gone and not coming back.  But that's not to say some of those songs might not be great.  So why not re-record them with the new band?

However, touching on your idea, maybe there are a few that are deemed perfect as is.  So you could release them as a tide over EP, and say you are coming back with a new album of songs, actually done in this decade, by people actually in the band right now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2015, 04:33:18 PM »

You are indeed dying intellectually if you belive this tripe.

You have 1 play in your limited bag of tricks, it is to criticize and demean GNR, it's mgmt, It's members and this forum's admin as much as you can, and as often as you can here without getting outright banned, in a desperate attempt to impress others, pretty pathetic and sad actually.

We obviously play for different teams.  Kiss

Your posts are all readily available to any of us.  And we can all read.

I'm not too worried about what I typed this morning not being proven, easily. 

As a side note, the fact you are disputing it in this fashion only strengthens an already rock solid argument. 

Sure, further your delusion that you are the expert here that everyone should value and take notice of.

I'm merely a card-carrying cult member, is that your narrative?

Very predictable and amusing to those that are aware of the truth of the matter.  hihi
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:12:12 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »

The mgmt does not require your advice. They are doing an exemplary job.  Kiss

Do you think it reflects well on the professionalism of a band's management to see them get involved with petty squabbles with the band's fans on internet message boards?

If you do, I do not share that view.

Its like when you see some celeb start getting into with some fan on Twitter.  Does that ever go well, or make said celeb look all the better for it?

I think people should be responsible for the things they say, most people wouldn't post the things they do if they were held accountable for their words.

If you talk crap about something or someone and get called out over it, I have no issue with that.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone of your calibre to agree with being held accountable for what you say.  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »

As I said, if you thought it was a good showing on their part, I do not share your view.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »

Do you think it reflects well on the professionalism of a band's management to see them get involved with petty squabbles with the band's fans on internet message boards?

Its like when you see some celeb start getting into with some fan on Twitter.  Does that ever go well, or make said celeb look all the better for it?

I think people should be responsible for the things they say, most people wouldn't post the things they do if they were held accountable for their words.

If you talk crap about something or someone and get called out over it, I have no issue with that.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone of your calibre to agree with being held accountable for what you say.  Kiss

Emily, you do go a tad overboard with your accusation of not being a fan if someone  disagrees with Axl or doesn't like a song. You did to me. My suggestion is not to jump  right away, but actually listen to what the person is saying. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »

Perhaps, but are you a person of high caliber?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »

Emily, you do go a tad overboard with your accusation of not being a fan if someone  disagrees with Axl or doesn't like a song. You did to me. My suggestion is not to jump  right away, but actually listen to what the person is saying. 

Not to be impolite, but I didn't honestly ask for any suggestions.

GNR is my favorite band, I have been a fan for over 20 years and I like what the band does. As a fan, I feel it is not my job to critisize or second guess, or whine about things, nor try to dictate when the releases "should" happen, or what "should" be released, who "should" be in the band, etc. I'm not trying to impress anyone here, I don't care what you think about my stance, this is the way I honestly feel.

I have very little patience nor tolerance for whiners, complainers and overt critics, nor for people with obvious misplaced entitlement issues. All the endless redundant complaining by the same few people is tiring, boring and pointless.

I enjoy and appreciate GNR  peace

So, go ahead and accuse me of being a card carrying, tin foil hat wearing, kool aid drinking, cult member, it won't affect my life in the slightest.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:57:52 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »

Perhaps, but are you a person of high caliber?

I like to think so  Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2015, 09:46:46 PM »

As I said, if you thought it was a good showing on their part, I do not share your view.

Super, thanks for the enlightening insight  Roll Eyes I personally don't see the problem.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »

There is your 'negativity' and it is blatantly obvious who is creating it.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2015, 04:05:47 AM »

There is your 'negativity' and it is blatantly obvious who is creating it.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. Wink
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:07:37 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2015, 04:25:04 AM »

Does not seem a very apt maxim considering I personally have not been involved in this argument enough to fail or otherwise, conversely, succeed! Ironically you actually started the argument with somebody who is not usually considered by you and others, a 'whiner'. This place is so uncompromising in its rhetoric and 'negativity' - yes, you heard that right, 'negativity' (the whole 'positive' thing is a gigantic sham) - you and others are even consuming your own supporters with your vitriol!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:27:06 AM by mortismurphy » Logged
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »

I started this thread to truly get "fans" opinions on what they would like to see going forward from our favorite band. Fans should be able to honestly debate and give their opinions without being accused (by one person) of trying to dictate to management what should be done next.

No one is demanding, no one is whining. Its our opinions. One person feels that they need to bash people for having one. Apparently true fans are the ones that follow blindly.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »

Does not seem a very apt maxim considering I personally have not been involved in this argument enough to fail or otherwise, conversely, succeed! Ironically you actually started the argument with somebody who is not usually considered by you and others, a 'winer'. This place is so uncompromising in its rhetoric and 'negativity' - yes, you heard that right, 'negativity' (the whole 'positive' thing is a gigantic sham) - you and others are even consuming your own supporters with your vitriol!

Please define what you mean by "me and others".

If you aren't a happy camper here, there are always the AC/DC forums you can run to and infect them with your sunny disposition and invented facts.  hihi
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:37:44 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »

I started this thread to truly get "fans" opinions on what they would like to see going forward from our favorite band. Fans should be able to honestly debate and give their opinions without being accused (by one person) of trying to dictate to management what should be done next.

No one is demanding, no one is whining. Its our opinions. One person feels that they need to bash people for having one. Apparently true fans are the ones that follow blindly.

It was my opinion I expressed as well, apparently only those with a certain outlook are accepted en masse.

I don't plan on changing my opinion in order to fit in or gain some acceptance, or acquire some support or implied validation.

I'm certainly not a "blind follower" as you alluded to above, I'm simply loyal and supportive, I don't see that as some sort of purported sin on my part.

Apparently the cool thing to do is bash GNR and also to bash the people that believe in and support GNR. Guess I'm not a member of the cool club.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »

It was my opinion I expressed as well, apparently only those with a certain outlook are accepted en masse.

I don't plan on changing my opinion in order to fit in or gain some acceptance, or acquire some support or implied validation.

I'm certainly not a "blind follower" as you alluded to above, I'm simply loyal and supportive, I don't see that as some sort of purported sin on my part.

Apparently the cool thing to do is bash GNR and also to bash the people that believe in and support GNR. Guess I'm not a member of the cool club.

Define bashing GNR? I really havent seen anyone do that here.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2015, 01:07:01 PM »

The only one at issue here is Emily.  There is no one else.

And once again, its not about having a differing opinion.  Its about being the only one that treats everyone here like total dogshit. 

No one is taking you to task for having the opinions you have, Emily.  Simply that the way you treat people is deplorable and embarrassing.  For whatever reason, you have carte blanche to act in this fashion.  That is what it is, but let's just say what it is.  The way you talk to people is a disgrace.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »

I would like to see a greatest hits volume 2 released.

I would like the set list to be picked by Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.

I would like the album to also have around 4-6 unlreased bonus tracks on it...  These bonus tracks would be from the CD recordings

I would like some form of Guns N Roses to tour, supporting this max shift albums release....

While on tour I would like that line up to record 2-6 singles....

I would then release another album from that line up..  On one side 6 new songs written freshly, then on the other side, 6 more unrealeased songs from the CD recordings.

I feel this is the best way to get old unreleased music out to the masses, that may never buy the album..  Its also the best way to get new music out there.....

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2015, 01:36:14 PM »

I would like the album to also have around 4-6 unlreased bonus tracks on it...  These bonus tracks would be from the CD recordings

I would like some form of Guns N Roses to tour, supporting this max shift albums release....

While on tour I would like that line up to record 2-6 singles....

I would then release another album from that line up..  On one side 6 new songs written freshly, then on the other side, 6 more unrealeased songs from the CD recordings.

I feel this is the best way to get old unreleased music out to the masses, that may never buy the album..  Its also the best way to get new music out there.....

beer

That's pretty cool!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »

I would like the album to also have around 4-6 unlreased bonus tracks on it...  These bonus tracks would be from the CD recordings.

This all sounds good, but probably only to the few remaining members of the fanbase that can appreciate both old and new.

I can only see Axl, Slash and Duff sitting down to do a GH2 is there is some sort of reunion tour.

If there was, I can't see where Slash or Duff would be all that excited about something Axl wrote with Bucket, Robin, and Paul Tobias in 2001.  Or calling it Guns N' Roses, only now going as far as to put their own names on it, implying approval and validation.

And the audience you be marketing this to would be people interested in a reunion above all else.  People that have never shown much interest in any post-Slash configuration of the band.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: