Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118509 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »

Its not been the best week in GN'R land.

No it hasn't.  But at least we know what's going on.

With Ron and DJ anyway.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

Its not been the best week in GN'R land.

No it hasn't.  But at least we know what's going on.

With Ron and DJ anyway.

An album announcement and Robin return would sure end the negativity.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »

If Bumble had just announced this a year ago, just the way Dj did now, I think people would be more inclined to back him up and make his leaving more of a celebration of his time in GNR.

Who know what the situation was:

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on."  Billboard.com

Maybe we'll get that letter from Ron now. Cheesy

Even if he wasn't able to elaborate on anything, he did. Many, many times.

He started the speculation before Vegas with the countdown to the last show.

If you can't elaborate on something, then don't bring it up in the first place.

Exactly!  And some people give him continuos props and support.  The guy is a joke.  It's not that difficult to know why others in the band didn't really get along with him. 

Keep biting the hand that feeds Ron.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »

Ron has been an absolute ass about this! We knew from the countdown didnt we? He just fuckin milked the media opporunity as long as he could. What a dissapointment! Being so "nice" to fans and all. All his posters for solo gigs was "gnr" or photos from the gnr era. What a greedy twat! Milkin uncle Axl all the way. Nothing nothing like DJ, no appreciation in public just whining. His solo career is a joke and no more support from me regarding Bumble solo or Art of Anarchy. Bye Asshole Sorry for YOU!

Took that fucker of social media, as a friend and artist.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:21:30 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 02:24:58 PM »

great

The child left the band.

DJ was correct in every way

Guns n Roses forever
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Reportedly Confirms BUMBLEFOOT Is Out Of The Band

July 31, 2015

According to journalist Gary Graff, a "confirmed source" with GUNS N' ROSES has clarified the status of Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, saying that the guitarist is indeed out of the band ? and has been for some time.

The source tells Graff: "Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band ? he quit in South America. He told [GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] Axl [Rose] he was done and [the second GN'R Las] Vegas [residency] would be his last run with the band."

Thal recently revealed that he was focusing on his solo career after spending eight years playing in the Axl Rose-fronted band. Thal, however, stopped short of saying that he was no longer a member of GUNS N' ROSES, which has caused some fans to criticize him for not coming clean about where he stands with the group.

Asked by Graff earlier this week to clarify his status with GUNS N' ROSES, Thal said: "That is the thing I am not to elaborate on. I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now."

He continued: "I'm a real busy guy and really enjoying everything I'm doing, and I think that everything I'm doing has a future and a bigger plan ? the solo stuff, the other bands, the producing, the charity and educational things I'm doing. These are all the things I love that I've really missed, and I'm very happy to be putting my time back into that. It's really what I should be doing."

Bumblefoot joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead. He made his live debut with the band at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on May 12, 2006.

Back in 2013, Bumblefoot expressed his frustration over the fact that GUNS N' ROSES had not made any new music since the release of 2008's "Chinese Democracy". He said: "If something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now. So it would be unheard material, but to me, I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist anymore. And we need to make an album of this band right now." He added: "I'm all about making music; that's why I make music ? to make music. So I'd like to really do that. I would be very happy if GUNS N' ROSES could do that?. I wanna make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all [the fans], and make some music for [the fans]."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-reportedly-confirms-bumblefoot-is-out-of-the-band/

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »

The way I look at it Richard must be feeling pretty good about his job security in Guns!  hihi

When contract time comes up again, he will be holding two big bargaining chips.  Wink

Show me the money!!!!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gnredwing
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »

First off, Ron is not a dick. He was obviusly requested by Axl/camp not to state his status. Ron was keeping his word. So once again, GUNS N ROSES CAMP are the assholes. Ron now is made out to be an asshole, when he was just doing what he was requested out of respect for GNR Camp. Ron leaving is the final blow, this band is a joke. Ron made the right move, another 6 years in this band nothing would change.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »

he was just doing what he was requested out of respect for GNR Camp.

Was he really doing what he was requested?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »

I believe he means not to release a statement saying he quit.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »

I believe he means not to release a statement saying he quit.

So, he was fully cleared to talk in circles around the subject? Starting guessing games as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:08:38 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 03:08:59 PM »

The whole thing is ridiculous.... Roll Eyes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »

So, he was fully cleared to talk in circles around the subject? Starting guessing games as well.

Probably not.  But he never released a statement. Cheesy

The whole thing is ridiculous.... Roll Eyes

Yes.

Princess Leia
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »

First off, Ron is not a dick. He was obviusly requested by Axl/camp not to state his status. Ron was keeping his word. So once again, GUNS N ROSES CAMP are the assholes. Ron now is made out to be an asshole, when he was just doing what he was requested out of respect for GNR Camp. Ron leaving is the final blow, this band is a joke. Ron made the right move, another 6 years in this band nothing would change.

They requested BBF not say anything out of respect but they let DJ speak?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »

How do you know they "let" DJ speak?  GN'R hasn't responded to DJ's letter at all?

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »

Maybe because Dj hasn't informed anyone about his departure from the band before he published his letter?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »

How do you know they "let" DJ speak?  GN'R hasn't responded to DJ's letter at all?

Pilferk had a great point and it may have been more of bumble foots side not wanting to say whether he was in the band or not. If a company is sponsoring BF from GNR and all of a sudden BF announces clearly he's not in GNR maybe that could lead to a problem. Who knows but that's one possibility.

DJ and Rob leaving is only a problem if you are fans of DJ and Ron. I have preferred Bucket and Robin over those two. As far as releasing an album, they released CD after Robin left so I don't think a release if that's in the plans to be impacted.

Princess Leia
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »

Well if DJ wrote a letter saying he was leaving the band, it is hard to imagine he was told not to do it out of respect for Axl and the camp
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »

Well if DJ wrote a letter saying he was leaving the band, it is hard to imagine he was told not to do it out of respect for Axl and the camp

He could have informed Axl/management that he quit.  Then went out on his own and released the letter on Facebook.  DJ lives his live on social media.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 03:31:52 PM »

Maybe because Dj hasn't informed anyone about his departure from the band before he published his letter?

I think Axl knew about this before Dj went public. He's very respectful in the letter, that leads me to believe he showed the same respect to Axl by informing him beforehand.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: