Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118547 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »

Pilferk had a great point and it may have been more of bumble foots side not wanting to say whether he was in the band or not. If a company is sponsoring BF from GNR and all of a sudden BF announces clearly he's not in GNR maybe that could lead to a problem. Who knows but that's one possibility.

Ron was either contractually obligated not to say anything or he had an agreement with management not to release he had quit.

Both have been reported.  Nothing to do with a sponsor.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 03:36:05 PM »

Pilferk had a great point and it may have been more of bumble foots side not wanting to say whether he was in the band or not. If a company is sponsoring BF from GNR and all of a sudden BF announces clearly he's not in GNR maybe that could lead to a problem. Who knows but that's one possibility.

Ron was either contractually obligated not to say anything or he had an agreement with management not to release he had quit.

Both have been reported, so one of those is true?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »

Well if DJ wrote a letter saying he was leaving the band, it is hard to imagine he was told not to do it out of respect for Axl and the camp

He could have informed Axl/management that he quit.  Then went out on his own and released the letter on Facebook.  DJ lives his live on social media.

Yes, but if you read the letter he says he is thanks Axl for the opportunity and he says really nice things about Axl. It doesn?t look like there was some fight or argument about make it public or not.

Anyway I?m glad DJ made it public instead of playing games
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »

It doesn?t look like there was some fight or argument about make it public or not.

I'm not suggesting there was a fight.  I'm just saying DJ probably released his letter to Facebook on his own.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »

Both have been reported, so one of those is true?

One came from Billboard the other from Ron.  The difference is one says contractually obligated, the other that it was an agreement.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2015, 03:55:34 PM »

It doesn?t look like there was some fight or argument about make it public or not.

I'm not suggesting there was a fight.  I'm just saying DJ probably released his letter to Facebook on his own.

I think it's unlikely he would have done so if he was asked by management not to publicize it.  So it's fair to question why BBF would be told by management to keep it on the down low, but not DJ.
Princess Leia
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »

Let?s say that both were told not to say anything. DJ decided to come forward anyway without any innuendo nor mystery about it. Ron on the other hand gave clues, as he put it, and played silly mystery games. If he had an agreement then Ron should?ve never played games. He needed to shut up and pretend everything was fine. Now if he wanted to break the agreement he should?ve been honest from day one.

Believe I don?t like the silence policy but I don?t make it.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »

I think it's unlikely he would have done so if he was asked by management not to publicize it. 

Who knows, Frank said DJ quitting threw everyone for a loop, maybe they didn't know he was going to post something to Facebook.  Like I said, DJ lives his life on social media.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

He needed to shut up and pretend everything was fine.

For over a year?  Like I said, he handled it badly.  But it could have been straightened out long ago.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2015, 04:06:47 PM »

Even if there's an understanding between two parties not to make a big announcement, things could still be handled differently.... I don't think these fans are upset because of the "no comment" answers alone. Most people can understand it. If you're asked not to talk about something, you can respect it. It's normal.
It's all the stuff around that seemed to get people.

I mean, there was a countdown, there were comments and all kinds of hints before the last show of the residency. And after.

I might be wrong, but that's the feeling I get.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2015, 04:13:02 PM »

Even if there's an understanding between two parties not to make a big announcement, things could still be handled differently.... I don't think these fans are upset because of the "no comment" answers alone. Most people can understand it. If you're asked not to talk about something, you can respect it. It's normal.
It's all the stuff around that seemed to get people.

I mean, there was a countdown, there were comments and all kinds of hints before the last show of the residency. And after.

I might be wrong, but that's the feeling I get.

/jarmo

Yes you?re right but besides that, the band?s spokeperson says he /she doesn?t know why BBF never said anything earlier. So if that comment is true then BBF was free to talk.  There are people here saying Ron had an agreement not to say anything
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2015, 04:16:03 PM »

Yes, and I'm just saying that even if he was asked not to, things could've been handled differently.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »

I just wish Axl would come forward and say something to his fans.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »

He wrote a letter about his Hall of Fame boycott. He could write at least a few words about the current situation too.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:50 PM »

It's funny how people complain about bumble because he didn't say "I'm out" (he clearly was, only dumb people couldn't get that) while Axl hasn't talk about anything for almost all his life and everything about him is right because "he doesn't owe us anything"  hihi hihi
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »

I missed where Ron SPECIFICALLY said it was GnR who asked that/made that request/had that contract with him.

He seemed to allude to "something" or "someone" preventing him...I missed where he (or anyone else, categorically) said who that was.

Link? I wanna read it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »

One came from Billboard the other from Ron.  The difference is one says contractually obligated, the other that it was an agreement.

Hmm, I read those.  I didn't see that they specifically said who that agreement or contract was with... Back to reread them, I guess.

Together again,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2015, 05:34:41 PM »

Hmm, I read those.  I didn't see that they specifically said who that agreement or contract was with... Back to reread them, I guess.

He added: "I've been honoring a request to not make any public statements about anything related to it, which continues to put me in a very awkward position that I don't want to be in. Not how I do things, repeatedly taking the bullet on this one."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-doesnt-want-to-make-any-public-statements-about-guns-n-roses/

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6531768/bumblefoot-video-little-brother-is-watching-exclusive-premiere

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »

He added: "I've been honoring a request to not make any public statements about anything related to it, which continues to put me in a very awkward position that I don't want to be in. Not how I do things, repeatedly taking the bullet on this one."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-doesnt-want-to-make-any-public-statements-about-guns-n-roses/

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6531768/bumblefoot-video-little-brother-is-watching-exclusive-premiere

Uh huh..that's what I read.

Where does it say "with Guns n Roses"

I'm not saying it's NOT with the band. I'm saying there's nothing specifically saying it IS with the band.

Which leaves open that the agreement or contract was with another entity....like a sponser or the label publishing his solo album or whatever.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2015, 05:43:57 PM »

Who is this gnr rep?   How can it be an unnamed source when really....   How many people are in this gnr camp.    I know it wasn't me hahah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: