Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482503 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3840 on: April 24, 2020, 12:51:08 AM »

Bernie Bros are getting a lot of crap in the press these days. Some are even saying they won't vote for Biden.

they are a unique group who like to aggressively attack people who disagree with them on social media, but I do feel bad for them - they had the primary stolen from them in 2016, essentially had it stolen from them again in 2020, and now the winning candidate they are expected to vote for looks like he has dementia. gotta be a tough position to be in.

watching Biden struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even be funny anymore.

the DNC has to do something.

So that means you're scared watching Trump trying to do the same?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3841 on: April 24, 2020, 12:52:30 AM »

Bernie Bros are getting a lot of crap in the press these days. Some are even saying they won't vote for Biden.

they are a unique group who like to aggressively attack people who disagree with them on social media, but I do feel bad for them - they had the primary stolen from them in 2016, essentially had it stolen from them again in 2020, and now the winning candidate they are expected to vote for looks like he has dementia. gotta be a tough position to be in.

watching Biden struggle to complete a sentence and make a coherent thought every other day is almost not even be funny anymore.

Biden's alarming decline is very scary. He cannot be elected president in this condition and his VP choice is certainly enormous if he won't step away.
I think Bernie played his cards right on this one - endorsing but not really leaving.
Got a feeling it's gonna be him - and while I don't agree with much that comes out of his mouth, you cannot question his mental capacity or intelligence at this age.

Same can be said about Trump. At least Biden isn't dumber then a sock full of rocks.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3842 on: April 24, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »

How did the primary get stolen from Bernie?  It was put to a vote and Biden won most of the states. Bernie got even less votes than he did in 2016. The problem with the Bernie Bros is that they seem to be way louder on social media than they are at the voting booth.

NY times reported that Dem establishment leaders were planning to block Bernie at all cost. The DNC and their media were actively working against him.

just like in 2016, it was in no way a fair election, something all americans used to favor.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3843 on: April 24, 2020, 10:00:51 AM »

I know you don't like Trump, and you can criticize WHAT he says, but making complete thoughts is a major strength for him. his messages are always clear and well understood.

also, his energy is really impressive. you can't deny that considering everything he has going on and his age.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3844 on: April 24, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

How did the primary get stolen from Bernie?  It was put to a vote and Biden won most of the states. Bernie got even less votes than he did in 2016. The problem with the Bernie Bros is that they seem to be way louder on social media than they are at the voting booth.

NY times reported that Dem establishment leaders were planning to block Bernie at all cost. The DNC and their media were actively working against him.

just like in 2016, it was in no way a fair election, something all americans used to favor.

But they didn't block Bernie at all costs. The public didn't vote for him over Biden.  Now you can blame that on the media or whatever but a vote's a vote. The country watched Bernie on 60 Minutes have no answer when asked how much all his ideas would cost.  You're running for president for the 2nd time and you don't have a stock answer to that question? Bernie's ideas were all pie in the sky fluff and the mass public didn't buy it.  And this isn't a pro-Biden argument but this is what I saw.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3845 on: April 24, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »

But they didn't block Bernie at all costs. The public didn't vote for him over Biden.  Now you can blame that on the media or whatever but a vote's a vote. The country watched Bernie on 60 Minutes have no answer when asked how much all his ideas would cost.  You're running for president for the 2nd time and you don't have a stock answer to that question? Bernie's ideas were all pie in the sky fluff and the mass public didn't buy it.  And this isn't a pro-Biden argument but this is what I saw.

I absolutely believe the media influences elections. they essentially suppress voter turnout, and get people that may be on the fence to vote their way.

imagine being a Bernie supporter and you hear the DNC will block him. are you less likely to waste a day going to vote for someone who has no chance at winning?

but to your point, it's unfair to make a blanket statement that he had the election stolen this year. I used the word "essentially" and that's probably too strong a statement as well.

i'd say the DNC and the media had some influence on this election. and were prepared to block Bernie at all cost.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3846 on: April 24, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »

I absolutely believe the media influences elections. they essentially suppress voter turnout, and get people that may be on the fence to vote their way.

imagine being a Bernie supporter and you hear the DNC will block him. are you less likely to waste a day going to vote for someone who has no chance at winning?

but to your point, it's unfair to make a blanket statement that he had the election stolen this year. I used the word "essentially" and that's probably too strong a statement as well.

i'd say the DNC and the media had some influence on this election. and were prepared to block Bernie at all cost.

I agree that the DNC didn't want Bernie. They basically need to win 3 states back (Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania) and hold the ones Hillary won to win the next election. Bernie mostly appeals to the far left on the coasts which are states they probably win anyway.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #3847 on: April 24, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »

I know you don't like Trump, and you can criticize WHAT he says, but making complete thoughts is a major strength for him. his messages are always clear and well understood.

also, his energy is really impressive. you can't deny that considering everything he has going on and his age.

Trump's energy and alertness also cannot be questioned

Why I personally dislike him and think he needs to go is because he insists on everything being about him.
I learned when I was a kid that the more you talk the better chance you have of saying something stupid.
I also learned not to speak about shit I don't know about.

This fool likes to talk about medical things under the guise of him being a stable genius who just knows about things - kinda like when he said during the run up to the election that he knows more about military planning or something to that effect than many of the generals.

He's a horse's ass and whether he was taken out of context or not - he should never be speaking about medical issues other than vague reporting and relaying a clear message.

He deserves all of the shit he is going to get for this one.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3848 on: April 24, 2020, 05:34:23 PM »

Trump's lack of filter can be good in certain situations and it also can be bad.  Like yesterday. Whatever pops into his head should not just randomly come out at a COVID briefing.

Of course whenever it is bad,  media jumps all over it and distorts things to make it look even worse.  

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:36:15 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3849 on: April 24, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »

Trump's lack of filter can be good in certain situations and it also can be bad.  Like yesterday. Whatever pops into his head should not just randomly come out at a COVID briefing.

Of course whenever it is bad,  media jumps all over it and distorts things to make it look even worse.  

Of course they do - and that alone should make him damn well know better than to speak on shit he is clueless about

Ignorance is a stinky stench
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3850 on: April 24, 2020, 11:18:48 PM »

He can make complete thoughts? What reality are you living in?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3851 on: April 24, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »

So Trump  finally did today what he should've done all along. Have a short presser on covid-19 and take no questions. Axios is reporting there may no longer be daily pressers at the urging of his advisors because his approval is nosediving, even his Rasmussen numbers and he's falling significantly behind Biden in states he can't lose. PA, MI, WI, FL and AZ. l
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3852 on: April 25, 2020, 12:16:41 AM »

Biden's the guy who will now stand in his kitchen and talk to himself for an hour about why the toaster won't work even though it's not plugged in.
Trump is the guy who will claim he invented the toaster and his toast is incredible, really like no one has ever toasted bread before.

This is once again some choice we have.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3853 on: April 25, 2020, 12:54:56 AM »

Biden's the guy who will now stand in his kitchen and talk to himself for an hour about why the toaster won't work even though it's not plugged in.
Trump is the guy who will claim he invented the toaster and his toast is incredible, really like no one has ever toasted bread before.

At least with Biden if something happens and the VP has to assume office we know it will be someone capable and that believes in science. The opposite of Pence. A man who refuses to go anywhere there are women with alcohol being served because he believes they'll seduce him if his wife isn't present. I personally hoping for Klobuchar. I really like her and she has a history of winning in conservative districts. Warren and Harris i believe have too much baggage.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:57:45 AM by tim_m » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3854 on: April 25, 2020, 07:14:03 AM »

When Biden starts talking about ingesting cleaning products or intentionally staring at solar eclipses, let me know Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3855 on: April 25, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »

It has been reported that Trump is going to cut down the COVID-19 press briefings. Unfortunately he was one of the last ones to realize that they are not helping him at this point.  When there isn't much new to talk about and he keeps talking, we get unforced errors from him like what happened a few days ago.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3856 on: April 25, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »

Remember folks, the deplorables love Drumpf because he says what he means.

Except for when they say he didn't mean what he said.

Idiots.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3857 on: April 25, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »

Idiots.

I think it was W.Bush that held that distinction - "He says what he means and means what he says"

With this fool - it's more about - he says the ugly shit that some people think

Just an opinion
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3858 on: April 25, 2020, 06:13:33 PM »

Idiots.

I think it was W.Bush that held that distinction - "He says what he means and means what he says"

Just an opinion

And the ugly people gravitate to him. 
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #3859 on: April 25, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »

Idiots.

Just an opinion

And the ugly people gravitate to him. 

Generalize much?

Some - yes

Not all
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: