Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 52580 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2015, 12:14:28 PM »

that part of my post was actually very relevant. many people here say cd was good, not great. arent you one of them? why push so hard for the second half of, more of the same of, what was to you good but not great? whats all the fuss about?

my point stands. you want it because you cant have it. you just want satisfaction. when you get it, chances are you still wont be happy.

Your point is also inaccurate.  There's not a hell of a lot I can do with a guy that makes his own inaccurate point then lauds himself for how right on it is.

If you are just convinced you have this all figured out, save yourself the typing. 

If you are just going to score your own fights and award yourself the win, save the rest of us having to read it.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, he is right.

There are certain "fans" that will never be satisfied, when the next announcement is made, when the next tour is announced, or when the next album is released they will find something to complain and whine about, a reason why it wasn't done to suit them, and why they don't like it.

I saw this play out with the last release, and subsequent tours-it is never enough, they are addicted to negativity and complaining about everything.

A combination of entitlement issues, a product of this age of instant gratification and immediacy- a cycle of circle jerk that has no end for some people-and it is tiring to read for those of us who truly appreciate and value the band.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »

I love that first Days Of The New album.  Very solid.

And yes, there are similarities with Axl and Travis.  Not identical, as Travis was a pretty serious drug addict and seemingly a crazy person.

But the situation is largely the same.  One guy sacked the rest and continued on with a new line-up.  To expect that the universal reaction to that was going to be "sure, whatever you say, Travis" is pretty pie in the sky.  Opinions were going to vary, at best, and be overly negative pretty inevitably.

Much as it is with Axl.  If you have convinced yourself this is all a straight line evolution, nothing to see here...hey, it's your dime.  But to hear these same people then get all snitty when most of the rest of the world disagrees with them?  Good luck unringing that bell.

I think the name is also a common problem. Had Travis chosen the nickname Travis Meeks and the Something Guys, and then he sacked the Something Guys, I don't know, but I just don't think most people would've cared if the Something Guys would suddenly disappear.
But DAYS OF THE NEW sounded like a Band Name, and they were all marketed as a band, which maybe was management's fault. So the initial image everyone got was that of a band. No one knew that even the band name 'Days of The New'' was not even really a band name as much as a spiritual point of view Travis Had of the the World and the times to come.  Which is why even the albums are called Days of the New. And people either call them 1, 2 or 3 or Yellow/orange, Green and Red because of the covers. Travis even admitted it was a mistake to portray the group as a band in the eyes of the public, but they did it because they looked ''cool'' in pictures on magazines.

Had Axl chosen that path, most would leave him be as well I think.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

Wow this story is making the rounds.

loudwire.com/longtime-friend-duff-mckagan-wife-guns-n-roses-is-coming-back/

ar.blastingnews.com/ocio-cultura/2015/11/nuevos-indicios-sobre-el-regreso-de-guns-n-roses-00648391.html

www.facebook.com/groups/5113088380/?fref=nf

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »

Wow. Anything for a story.

Would there have been a story if they hadn't mentioned the topic at all?
Extra! Extra! Duff's wife's friend doesn't mention GN'R reunion rumors at all!

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »

Nope, he is right.

Nope, he is wrong.

The 3 weakest arguments that can be made online, in descending order are :

#3) you disagree with me about <insert topic here>, so its obvious you have an unhappy home life

#2) after looking over the exchange we just had and seeing how amazing I did, I declare myself the winner

#1) no...let ME tell YOU what you REALLY think

All 3 should be dismissed out of hand as the desperate ploys they are.  They are all sad and pathetic.

No one that ever utilized any of them did so in the place of a fact based, merit based counterargument.  In actual fact, its the lack of such that necessitates their desperation to take any, or all, of those three paths.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »

Wow this story is making the rounds.

Wait...in place of 'Welcome To The Jingle'?

Damn media.  So selective and biased.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »

A combination of entitlement issues, a product of this age of instant gratification and immediacy- a cycle of circle jerk that has no end for some people-and it is tiring to read for those of us who truly appreciate and value the band.

No...you appreciate what Axl appreciates at any particular moment.  DJ's in = he's so cool.  DJ's out = what a fame whore.  If/when a reunion happens, suddenly you'll appreciate Slash again, and I'm sure it won't be because Axl does.  Wink
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »

D-Gen, you and Duff's wife's friend are the two most important people in the Gnr Universe right now.....own it! hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2015, 02:20:11 PM »

D-Gen, you and Duff's wife's friend are the two most important people in the Gnr Universe right now.....own it! hihi

Hahahaha

Press conference at 4PM today!  All your questions, answered!!

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »

on entitlement....Ax isn't the only one.........

Reader vegetaman points us to some comments made by Maynard James Keenan (best known as the singer for the band Tool) in an Oregon radio interview that suggest he's reached the "get off my lawn" phase of his career. When asked about music piracy and its effect on the industry, he responded:
I think it's a much bigger conversation. I think part of the problem with most of that is just the foundation of respect or entitlement. I think 'entitlement' is probably the better word. I think, just in general, our society has gotten to the point where just you click a button, you get what you want when you want it. So until we get to a point where we realize you don't necessarily always get what you want when you want it, we're gonna have a problem. So it stems from there. And then things like file-sharing and the Internet kind of lend themselves to that mindset. So, some day, hopefully, we'll adjust that perspective ... And until somebody has actually written a check to record their own record and see everything that goes into it, they don't really understand that if you just take it... The current state of music, I'm sure there's a lot of creative stuff going on out there, but there certainly isn't?of course, I'm being nostalgic?but it doesn't seem like there's as much, creatively, going on, 'cause most people can't afford to do it."

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

on entitlement....Ax isn't the only one.........

Reader vegetaman points us to some comments made by Maynard James Keenan (best known as the singer for the band Tool) in an Oregon radio interview that suggest he's reached the "get off my lawn" phase of his career. When asked about music piracy and its effect on the industry, he responded:
I think it's a much bigger conversation. I think part of the problem with most of that is just the foundation of respect or entitlement. I think 'entitlement' is probably the better word. I think, just in general, our society has gotten to the point where just you click a button, you get what you want when you want it. So until we get to a point where we realize you don't necessarily always get what you want when you want it, we're gonna have a problem. So it stems from there. And then things like file-sharing and the Internet kind of lend themselves to that mindset. So, some day, hopefully, we'll adjust that perspective ... And until somebody has actually written a check to record their own record and see everything that goes into it, they don't really understand that if you just take it... The current state of music, I'm sure there's a lot of creative stuff going on out there, but there certainly isn't?of course, I'm being nostalgic?but it doesn't seem like there's as much, creatively, going on, 'cause most people can't afford to do it."

This battle needed to be waged 15-20 years ago, though.  Things are never going back to how they were.

People are too conditioned to getting it for free.  They even outright complain when something is put up for sale and not free download.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »

The problem is it makes guys who have already made their millions like Axl and MJK reluctant to give their "art" away fo free....like the guy says, they are in their Gran Torino phase of their career.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2015, 03:17:37 PM »

#3) you disagree with me about <insert topic here>, so its obvious you have an unhappy home life

#2) after looking over the exchange we just had and seeing how amazing I did, I declare myself the winner

Funny because #3 could also say "you disagree with me so you must be brainwashed/a blind follower".
Also, how often didn't you apply #1 to me? "You're angry" and whatever else you decided I was thinking/feeling. Cheesy

Also, #4: I'll ignore anybody who dares to question me, so I'm never wrong.

How's the glasshouse? Smiley

I think part of the problem with most of that is just the foundation of respect or entitlement. I think 'entitlement' is probably the better word. I think, just in general, our society has gotten to the point where just you click a button, you get what you want when you want it. So until we get to a point where we realize you don't necessarily always get what you want when you want it, we're gonna have a problem.

That's true.

Something becomes the norm, and if something isn't following said norm.... Uh oh!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:42:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »

Someone who has absolutely very little connection to gnr = reliable

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »

The problem is it makes guys who have already made their millions like Axl and MJK reluctant to give their "art" away fo free....like the guy says, they are in their Gran Torino phase of their career.

Those are the guys who probably have it the roughest.

Those artists that straddle that time period from when we were all still buying tapes and CDs to now, where no one wants to pay for anything.

Someone coming along now is probably better equipped to accept it.  But artists that spawn both eras are understandably pisssed.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »

Someone with an actual connection to GNR = audible

Maybe if that were ever the case, we wouldn't have to fret over this sort of thing.

Nature abhors a vacuum.  Just because you can't be bothered doesn't mean others might not fill that void with something you aren't thrilled with.

Breaks of the game.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2015, 05:39:28 PM »

Someone with an actual connection to GNR = audible

Maybe if that were ever the case, we wouldn't have to fret over this sort of thing.

Nature abhors a vacuum.  Just because you can't be bothered doesn't mean others might not fill that void with something you aren't thrilled with.

Breaks of the game.
I mean it's stupid. Literally, if you have a close connection to someone who is famous, you can literally say any thing and the press will report about it. Really who cares? It's not any less it any more true than duffs wife's college roommates father laws brother...

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »

No...you appreciate what Axl appreciates at any particular moment.  DJ's in = he's so cool.  DJ's out = what a fame whore.  If/when a reunion happens, suddenly you'll appreciate Slash again, and I'm sure it won't be because Axl does.  Wink

Sure, I wouldn't expect someone like you to paint it any other way Cheesy

I never stopped appreciating Slash, the first GNR show I saw was the appetite lineup, so you can take that assumption and stick it.

There are things he has said over the years I didn't agree with because they weren't true, but I never stopped appreciating his contributions and time in GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2015, 05:48:04 PM »

Nope, he is right.

Nope, he is wrong.

All 3 should be dismissed out of hand as the desperate ploys they are.  They are all sad and pathetic.

No one that ever utilized any of them did so in the place of a fact based, merit based counterargument.  In actual fact, its the lack of such that necessitates their desperation to take any, or all, of those three paths.

But it's fine for the usual open minded freethinking  "fans" to accuse the others of

1.pom pom waving
2.being "blind"
3.belonging to a cult..etc ad nauseum

The double standard there is amazing  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »

@Jarmo  are you sure you are not arguing against something you know is going on?   That wouldn't be very cool if you did. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: