Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:24:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 102696 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #480 on: December 10, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »

But come on...it isn't like it was some promoter looking for Axl to sign merch.  It was Duff.  And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie.   IMO, it's pretty hard to spin that one in a positive light.

Hahahaha.

"And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie."

That's funny. I assume you were there and knew what was going on. Maybe you got some inside information about how these things work?

Read the passage in the book again: ?You can?t go in right now, man,? said one. ?He?s about to get in the shower to get ready for the show tonight.?

Once again, could one of you experts tell me what's so horrible about management making sure the artist is ready to leave for the venue to do the show?

It all just looks to me like some of you read that little line in the book and went "Oh yeah, they're evil, just like I thought!".

The rest of us see the logic in it. Funny how starting a show "late" isn't ok, but trying to make one start before it's "late", is evil.....

"And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie."  rofl

Maybe next time the conversation will be like this: "He might be taking a shower, or he might be undressing, perhaps he's on the toilet, maybe he's getting dressed, maybe he's looking for his other sock.... You know, it could be anything relating to the bathroom or showering, and getting in and out of there. Do you need more details so it doesn't appear as we're lying to you?".

rofl

Thanks for the laughs.
All of you who buy into this "blocking" theory. Funny stuff.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »

I want to see Axl on stage looking lean, mean and like the badass rockstar he once was, tearing through songs with Slash and Duff and possibly the others, ending it all with a triumphant "GOOD, FUCKING, NIGHT!" I don't want the public's last "image" of Axl to be the heavier set, mustachioed guy with iffy vocals we got on the last tours.

I take the good, bad and the ugly.

The guys in Rolling Stones literally falls apart in front of us. It'd be ok to watch a greyhairing Axl still rocking out.

I don't mean grey hair, I mean seeing him in good shape, think Iggy Pop, with a cool image. Hair blowing in the wind, no silly hats. Like an older version of this

look at Iggy Pop at the same age Axl is now

or Mick Jagger at 52

Oh God, the hair thread pictures are next  Roll Eyes

I think it strange for males to be so overly concerned about another male's appearance , and highly suspect.

The hats aren't "silly" just because you don't like them.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #482 on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »

Duff, who wouldn't have even met Axl at that hotel if certain people had had their way? The same people who claimed Axl was showering in an attempt to make sure they wouldn't meet?

Let me explain this to you once and for all.

GN'R has a show at a sold out O2 in London. What is the #1 priority for management?
Is it to make Duff meet Axl, or is it to make sure Axl's ready to go to the venue and do the show? Tick tock, tick tock...

Also, do you know what could happen if Axl's getting ready for the show (possibly showering) and then something happens, like he starts talking to Duff?

These are all common sense logical things that make sense to everybody else, except the ones who truly want to hate somebody.

Sometimes I can't believe you actually believe what you type....

/jarmo

But come on...it isn't like it was some promoter looking for Axl to sign merch.  It was Duff.  And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie.   IMO, it's pretty hard to spin that one in a positive light.

Do I think that TB is intentionally torpedoing a reunion?  No, I don't.  But do I think that, if a reunion happens, their sphere of influence over Axl might be weakened?  Yeah, I think that's possible.  Beta blocked Slash from seeing Axl once, right? (or so the story goes).  She acts both as a manager and as a motherly figure to him, so if she still feels like Slash is a bad influence, it's natural for her to want to continue to shield Axl.   

LOL- laughable.

Are you so gullible that you believe everything you read ?

You need to take these "stories" you read with a dose of salt, and skepticism.

I'll repeat this-
If you form an opinion about someone from what you read online about them, your premise and picture is likely flawed.

Amazing the number of people that attempt to villianize TB or find fault in their actions.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:45:49 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #483 on: December 10, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »

I still hope someone can come along and tell me why the hell Beta is going to suddenly go all hardass and against Axl's wishes, whatever those wishes may be.

Come on.  If you are going to throw that out there, I think you have to back it up with some rationale.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #484 on: December 10, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »

The sexual tension between DX and Emily is palpable.  If we see a reunion, you two need to meet up at a show  ok

Hahahaha

I just went back to find some of the Beta stuff, and I guess I missed this one last night.

How about it, Emily?  You and me, Sam & Diane.  I smell sitcom.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »

Hahahaha.

"And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie."

That's funny. I assume you were there and knew what was going on. Maybe you got some inside information about how these things work?

Read the passage in the book again: ?You can?t go in right now, man,? said one. ?He?s about to get in the shower to get ready for the show tonight.?

Once again, could one of you experts tell me what's so horrible about management making sure the artist is ready to leave for the venue to do the show?

It all just looks to me like some of you read that little line in the book and went "Oh yeah, they're evil, just like I thought!".

The rest of us see the logic in it. Funny how starting a show "late" isn't ok, but trying to make one start before it's "late", is evil.....

"And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie."  rofl

Maybe next time the conversation will be like this: "He might be taking a shower, or he might be undressing, perhaps he's on the toilet, maybe he's getting dressed, maybe he's looking for his other sock.... You know, it could be anything relating to the bathroom or showering, and getting in and out of there. Do you need more details so it doesn't appear as we're lying to you?".

rofl

Thanks for the laughs.
All of you who buy into this "blocking" theory. Funny stuff.

/jarmo

Sorry, I guess we're all possibly showering.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »

I still hope someone can come along and tell me why the hell Beta is going to suddenly go all hardass and against Axl's wishes, whatever those wishes may be.

Come on.  If you are going to throw that out there, I think you have to back it up with some rationale.

Rationale? These people hate dislike the management.
Isn't that enough?

You've already seen how they took one tiny part out of Duff's autobiography and twisted it to fit their way of thinking.

"And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie."!!!!  crying

Your case is weak and you know it. More of the same. You got no response so you try to joke about it.... Smiley

But don't let that bother you, keep disliking people based on your weak arguments. Smiley

But what do I know? I read the same book and didn't come to that conclusion...
Maybe because I'm not you. Or that other guy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #487 on: December 10, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »

The sexual tension between DX and Emily is palpable.  If we see a reunion, you two need to meet up at a show  ok

Hahahaha

I just went back to find some of the Beta stuff, and I guess I missed this one last night.

You'll have to bring your imaginary celebrity girlfriend and your imaginary painting along to this imaginary Sitcom. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #488 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

Rationale? These people hate dislike the management.
Isn't that enough?

Well, that's the genesis of it, yeah.  Which is largely their own doing too, so I can't really muster up much pity on that front.

But even if you are in the camp that thinks they are the devil, even then, you have to concede there is not much in the way of examples where they stood up to Axl and laid down the law. 

And just given their current situation and relationship, what the hell sense would it make to suddenly muscle up and risk your entire livelihood?

Doesn't make much sense.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #489 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »

I'm not the one that threw it out there, but try this for thought.  Didn't she threaten to quit if Axl hired another manager?  [Note: I only know this because of (direct quotes) I read online...so I guess to some that makes this whole thing suspect].

I guess it's possible that she could do the same thing this time around, if she truly thought that reuniting with Slash was bad for Axl.  FWIW, I don't buy it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #490 on: December 10, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »

Hahahaha

You'll have to bring your imaginary celebrity girlfriend and your imaginary painting along to this imaginary Sitcom. Cheesy

Hmm, she's kind of shy.

And would have to travel all the way from Niagara Falls.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #491 on: December 10, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »

Your case is weak and you know it. More of the same. You got no response so you try to joke about it.... Smiley

But don't let that bother you, keep disliking people based on your weak arguments. Smiley

But what do I know? I read the same book and didn't come to that conclusion...
Maybe because I'm not you. Or that other guy.

/jarmo

My case is weak???  Really?  Duff notes in his book that ?people from [Axl?s] entourage stopped [him] in the hallway? on the way to his room and that, in fact, Axl ?wasn?t naked? (read: he wasn?t about to get in the shower).

Sorry, my take on that is that the shower excuse was complete bs (I mean, it is right?).  I?m not sure how you argue it?s not. 

Again, you go right to your belief that we dislike management...second only to your belief that we're all constant complainers.  Both are wrong.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #492 on: December 10, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »

I'm not the one that threw it out there, but try this for thought.  Didn't she threaten to quit if Axl hired another manager?  [Note: I only know this because of (direct quotes) I read online...so I guess to some that makes this whole thing suspect].

I guess it's possible that she could do the same thing this time around, if she truly thought that reuniting with Slash was bad for Axl.  FWIW, I don't buy it.

Wow. Talk about a long shot.

A number of managers came and went. Read the 2011 interview again to get an idea how thrilled Axl seemed to be about it all. With that in mind, you obviously think it was a bad idea for them to manage the band and they should've just gotten another outsider and hoped for the best.... To keep down the same road that made the artist unhappy with past managers. That makes sense to you. To others, it doesn't.

So you obviously believe they would tell Axl that if he wants to do something they're against, they'll threaten to quit?
Why? That's the purpose?

My case is weak???  Really?  Duff notes in his book that “people from [Axl’s] entourage stopped [him] in the hallway” on the way to his room and that, in fact, Axl “wasn’t naked” (read: he wasn’t about to get in the shower).

Sorry, my take on that is that the shower excuse was complete bs (I mean, it is right?).  I’m not sure how you argue it’s not. 

Again, you go right to your belief that we dislike management...second only to your belief that we're all constant complainers.  Both are wrong.

Yes it's weak!

You don't seem to understand. You take everything literal. "He wasn't naked" = no shower.

He was getting ready to go to the venue to do the show. Part of getting ready possibly is, correct me if I'm wrong and you know something I don't, to get undressed and shower. Then get dressed again and leave. Now, is it possible the management team wasn't in the room with him and gave him his space? Therefore not knowing exactly at what  point the getting ready was at at any particular point in time?

Yes, your case is fucking weak. Sorry.

It's funny, in a sad way how desperate you are to prove that they're so evil for trying to block them from meeting, when in reality they were trying to get to the venue and do the gig.
I don't see you giving them credit for trying to get the show started for all the ticket buying fans at the O2.

Tell me more about all the insights you have about how Axl gets ready to do a show and how he has allocated time to socialize with people before said shows. I'm curious. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:12:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #493 on: December 10, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »

I'm not buying it either.

How would they live?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #494 on: December 10, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »

Wow. Talk about a long shot.

A number of managers came and went. Read the 2011 interview again to get an idea how thrilled Axl seemed to be about it all. With that in mind, you obviously think it was a bad idea for them to manage the band and they should've just gotten another outsider and hoped for the best.... To keep down the same road that made the artist unhappy with past managers. That makes sense to you. To others, it doesn't.

So you obviously believe they would tell Axl that if he wants to do something they're against, they'll threaten to quit?
Why? That's the purpose?

/jarmo

Did you read the part where I said "FWIW, I don't buy it"?  So no, I don't "obviously believe" they'll threaten to quit if Axl wants to do something they're against.  

Regarding the past, did she threaten to quit before?  Yes or no?  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #495 on: December 10, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »

First off, I largely agree with all of this.

But I think its telling that when asked for their success stories, just how quickly you jump to how the people before them were complete idiots.

Is that the bar for success now?  Things aren't as bad as they used to be?

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #496 on: December 10, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »

My case is weak???  Really?  Duff notes in his book that ?people from [Axl?s] entourage stopped [him] in the hallway? on the way to his room and that, in fact, Axl ?wasn?t naked? (read: he wasn?t about to get in the shower).

Sorry, my take on that is that the shower excuse was complete bs (I mean, it is right?).  I?m not sure how you argue it?s not. 

Yes it's weak!

You don't seem to understand. You take everything literal. "He wasn't naked" = no shower.

He was getting ready to go to the venue to do the show. Part of getting ready possibly is, correct me if I'm wrong and you know something I don't, to get undressed and shower. Then get dressed again and leave. Now, is it possible the management team wasn't in the room with him and gave him his space? Therefore not knowing exactly at what  point the getting ready was at at any particular point in time?

Yes, your case is fucking weak. Sorry.

It's funny, in a sad way how desperate you are to prove that they're so evil for trying to block them from meeting, when in reality they were trying to get to the venue and do the gig.
I don't see you giving them credit for trying to get the show started for all the ticket buying fans at the O2.

Tell me more about all the insights you have about how Axl gets ready to do a show and how he has allocated time to socialize with people before said shows. I'm curious. Smiley

/jarmo

Ah?another go-to?the big timing me with the ?tell me more about all the insights I have about how Axl gets ready?.  When you have to resort to the big time, you?re grasping at straws.  Also, I don?t think they?re evil, can we dispense with this bullshit that if you disagree with (some of) TB?s actions it means you hate them and think they?re evil.  Persecution complex, much???

I view shower-gate the same way I view Beta not letting Slash talk to Axl (let me know if I?m incorrect on that because I only read it online?I wasn?t at Axl?s house that night).  Both were attempts to shield Axl from having to deal with former members.

BTW, was Axl late for the O2 show because Duff disrupted his pre-show routine???  If not, that?s (another) bs reason why his entourage stopped him.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #497 on: December 10, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »

Did you read the part where I said "FWIW, I don't buy it"?  So no, I don't "obviously believe" they'll threaten to quit if Axl wants to do something they're against.  

Regarding the past, did she threaten to quit before?  Yes or no?  

Ok.
Yes.

Ah…another go-to…the big timing me with the “tell me more about all the insights I have about how Axl gets ready”.  When you have to resort to the big time, you’re grasping at straws. 

Grasping at straws? No, I'm asking you. You're the one arguing a scenario which I don't see happening the way you described. So tell me what you know, that I must've overlooked.
Don't get all defensive now. Smiley

Also, I don’t think they’re evil, can we dispense with this bullshit that if you disagree with (some of) TB’s actions it means you hate them and think they’re evil.  Persecution complex, much???

There must be a reason people make silly shit up. So what is it?

I view shower-gate the same way I view Beta not letting Slash talk to Axl (let me know if I’m incorrect on that because I only read it online…I wasn’t at Axl’s house that night).  Both were attempts to shield Axl from having to deal with former members.

Haha.
Yeah.

One is on show day.
Other one is in the early morning at his house.

Exactly the same.

BTW, was Axl late for the O2 show because Duff disrupted his pre-show routine???  If not, that’s (another) bs reason why his entourage stopped him.

So you're saying that since it didn't delay the departure, trying to make sure he's on time isn't really a valid reason?
Ok. Makes zero sense to me.

So you obviously you think kids playing with knives is a great idea until somebody gets hurt. Trying to prevent it from happening? Who needs it! Logic.... Cheesy

Edited to add: You still haven't convinced me that Duff was being lied to and that making sure Axl is getting ready for the show is a bad thing on a show day. Smiley

Is that the bar for success now?  Things aren't as bad as they used to be?

Well, for one, I'm not really interested in discussing this with you again.
Your idea of great management is different from mine.

And yes, if things are better than before. It's called an improvement. Most people consider improvement a good thing. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:45:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #498 on: December 10, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »

Let's face it...

if Axl gets onstage with Slash... nobody will ever bitch n moan about beta and fernando ever again !

Smiley

That's where most of the anti beta stuff comes from... her shielding him form Slash, Marc Canter's depiction's.. MSL's depictions.. they both were very descriptive in their portrayals of her hatred for him. You don't have to value their opinion, but I do think that's where the perception comes from.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:50:39 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #499 on: December 10, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »

But they lied, he wasn't in the shower!  crying

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: