Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Remix
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Remix  (Read 12486 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 11:23:36 AM »

would be best if a remix had new vocaltracks. i don't like the vocals on madagascar studioversion

I agree with this.
I actually believe there must have been a version of the recorded song with clean vocals instead of the raspy one.

Something tells me that Axl read online comments online like ''Axl give me some rasp!" and changed the vocals on Madagascar.
BIG MISTAKE.

You like his higher voice better than his rasp?  His rasp is my favorite, just ahead of his deeper (talking voice).  I'm not a big fan of that higher voice used in If The World.  So BIG MISTAKE for you, not for all.  Can't please everyone

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »

No way, Slash and Duff should create new music with the rest of the band. ChinDem is a different approach, different era, different band? If Izzy?s in, I think we?re about to hear some great new piece of art!

Sure, ideally. 

But we know Axl's pace.  If they are starting fresh, when does that come out?  2025?

True. Then again, Slash, Duff, and Izzy could be the fresh new air Axl needs. I don?t think they?d invest their time and everything into this and then just put up with Axl?s it?s-gonna-take-kazillion-years-to-release-this-shit attitude. Well, hopefully.

Hell has frozen over.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »

Sure, ideally. 

But we know Axl's pace.  If they are starting fresh, when does that come out?  2025?

True. Then again, Slash, Duff, and Izzy could be the fresh new air Axl needs. I don?t think they?d invest their time and everything into this and then just put up with Axl?s it?s-gonna-take-kazillion-years-to-release-this-shit attitude. Well, hopefully.
so true guys! Smiley but maybe they've just been offered millions of dollars, so they can stick around for a few years or so...

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »

maybe Axl got tired of being a perfectionist.
Maybe he'll play along

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »

would be best if a remix had new vocaltracks. i don't like the vocals on madagascar studioversion

I agree with this.
I actually believe there must have been a version of the recorded song with clean vocals instead of the raspy one.

Something tells me that Axl read online comments online like ''Axl give me some rasp!" and changed the vocals on Madagascar.
BIG MISTAKE.

You like his higher voice better than his rasp?  His rasp is my favorite, just ahead of his deeper (talking voice).  I'm not a big fan of that higher voice used in If The World.  So BIG MISTAKE for you, not for all.  Can't please everyone

that's not exactly what I said.

What I mean is : the rasp doesn't work on Madagascar.

Like yourself, the rasp is also my favorite? when it works.. but in Madagascar (the album version), he just sounds constipated.
When he sang Madagascar live the first couple of times, especially Rock in rio 2001, the clean vocals fit the song better, they worked.

Sometimes he sang AFD songs with clean vocals, and I believe it didnt work either.

This is something strange.
I believe the new songs made this happen. Before CD era songs, Axl never used the high pitched clean vocals. They always had rasp. Maybe with different players and different song structures, the clean vocals came out naturally, maybe he didnt want to hurt his voice with the rasp, I don't know.

I just know that I don't like the rasp on madagascar just like I don't like the clean vocals on sweet child o mine, it just doesn't work.

Maybe its a matter of taste, maybe its a mistake, but quite a few people agree with me on madagascar.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »

Maybe he'll play along

Honestly, I think all involved looked at their current situations and decided it was time to bite the bullet.

Divorces are a bitch, and playing "up close and personal" shows aren't great for the ego.

I think both men decided it was time to use their best remaining lifeline :  a call to each other.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 04:21:52 PM »

Maybe he'll play along

Honestly, I think all involved looked at their current situations and decided it was time to bite the bullet.

Divorces are a bitch, and playing "up close and personal" shows aren't great for the ego.

I think both men decided it was time to use their best remaining lifeline :  a call to each other.

It depends on what the approach will be.
Industrial music takes longer, because loops and computer effects take forever to find and tinker with. The mixing can be a bitch.

But with the basic rock n roll approach, which is basically just a guitar and vocals. Bass, drums and solos come rather quickly.

One track for each instrument and wrap it up !

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »

Agree that very few fans will want or care about a "CD remix" in 2016. It's about 4-5 years too late.

I honestly believe the only way we'll ever hear most of the unreleased material from the past 15-20 years is through some sort of boxset release
after the new/current/reunited incarnation of GnR is on hiatus or takes a long break after the tour and any possible newly written and recorded music.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 04:59:05 PM »

Don't bother unless Silkworms and Oh My God is included. High quality versions of those two songs.  drool headbanger

Absolutely the wrong timing for this though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »

playing "up close and personal" shows aren't great for the ego.

Depends if you booked them for fun, weeks after completing a headlining arena tour.

Not that it would matter to you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »

oh, it matters to him...he somehow thinks that Slash being back justifies his POINTLESS negativity over the last 17 years....Slash is an employee of Axl now D-Gen, what do you think of that?  Wink

just busting balls....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »

oh, on topic, remix album would be INSANE at this point....I think we get some new Gnr music prior to Vegas. Just a guess obviously but the timing is right for at least a single.  drool

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »

oh, it matters to him...he somehow thinks that Slash being back justifies his POINTLESS negativity over the last 17 years....Slash is an employee of Axl now D-Gen, what do you think of that?  Wink

just busting balls....

I do wonder what the financial arrangement is.

I can't imagine Slash and Duff are being paid at the same rate of the revolving door brigade, but I can't imagine they are full partners again either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2016, 05:48:08 PM »

oh, on topic, remix album would be INSANE at this point....I think we get some new Gnr music prior to Vegas. Just a guess obviously but the timing is right for at least a single.  drool

Even one song would be the best thing to happen in 20 years.  It would be tremendous.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »

playing "up close and personal" shows aren't great for the ego.

Depends if you booked them for fun, weeks after completing a headlining arena tour.

Not that it would matter to you.

The war is over, sport. 

You're starting to sound like those Japanese soldiers they found on that island, years after WWII.  The only guys that didn't know the score.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 05:54:01 PM »

that was funny....if Slash and Duff are temporarily contracted, it is WAY more than all the prior members/employees.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »

that was funny....if Slash and Duff are temporarily contracted, it is WAY more than all the prior members/employees.

I assume they are getting good coin.  And probably at least something of a say on how things will be done.

I'm sure its fair and amicable to all involved.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »

If they're using classic logos owned by the old Axl/Slash/Duff partnership, then my guess is that everything is being done through the old partnership. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »

If they're using classic logos owned by the old Axl/Slash/Duff partnership, then my guess is that everything is being done through the old partnership. 

Hmm, that's a good point.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »

The classic logo is owned by Black Frog Music I believe.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: