Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 20th, 2016 Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium (Night #2)  (Read 44671 times)
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »

Maybe Slash and Duff just like playing good tunes, same was as they played STP songs.
Not everything has to be a deep statement, conspiracy, or negotiation.
If you like what they're doing, go see them.  If not, save your money.
The endless teenage arguments get old.
Axl, Slash, and Duff are on stage doing great and I had a blast seeing a couple of shows.  I don't really care about how many tickets were or weren't sold or if Seeker is in or not.  I remember 90 minute shows 5 years ago.
The world will continue to turn, and I'm glad GNR is on it dong what they're doing.
Lighten up and have some fun.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »

Bacon, you're certainly not alone in wanting to ditch LALD and KOHD. That's echoed through these halls for YEARS. But in a live setting they are overwhelmingly received positively. Axl's screams during LALD and the crowd participation on KOHD, they're highlights for many. They aren't going away anytime soon. And as much hate as The Seeker gets it appears to be a staple in the encore. The bridge from a ballad to PC. It works for them, and again the crowd seems to enjoy it. You don't have to like it, but you might want to get used to it. They're gonna be here awhile. Get comfy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »

I dont get it. You can complain all you want. Just dont expect to not get replies because of that. Because really, there aint much to complain nowadays.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If you rather focus on one fucking song you dislike - one that hasnt been played in all previous gigs - than enjoy the gig, more power to you.

Just dont try to act like everybody here is saying we want The Seeker forever in the setlist. I dont mind the song, so I just dont care. Usually, the gig to me is really more exciting in the first half, before November Rain, anyways.

fangbutt
Opening Act

« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »

4 songs isnt a "plethora". Really. And ever thought that the band thinks its actually a good idea to expose those 50k people to these songs now?

They have had 15 years now.

Are you honestly suggesting they were unaware of them?  Or had not heard them?

8 of 10 people at my show were in some sort of GNR garb.  Care to guess how many CD era shirts I saw?
Lol why would shirts matter? I love CD, probably more than old Guns records at this point, but I wouldn't wear a CD shirt. I wear my Appetite shirt all the time.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #204 on: July 21, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »

4 songs isnt a "plethora". Really. And ever thought that the band thinks its actually a good idea to expose those 50k people to these songs now?

They have had 15 years now.

Are you honestly suggesting they were unaware of them?  Or had not heard them?

8 of 10 people at my show were in some sort of GNR garb.  Care to guess how many CD era shirts I saw?
Lol why would shirts matter? I love CD, probably more than old Guns records at this point, but I wouldn't wear a CD shirt. I wear my Appetite shirt all the time.
Not that it matters, but 80% of people wearing GNR garb seems extremely high. I wasn't keeping count, but I don't think it was anywhere near 80% at Gillette. If so, that's awesome.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #205 on: July 21, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »

I dont get it. You can complain all you want. Just dont expect to not get replies because of that. Because really, there aint much to complain nowadays.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If you rather focus on one fucking song you dislike - one that hasnt been played in all previous gigs - than enjoy the gig, more power to you.

Just dont try to act like everybody here is saying we want The Seeker forever in the setlist. I dont mind the song, so I just dont care. Usually, the gig to me is really more exciting in the first half, before November Rain, anyways.

Yeah, same here Voodoo regarding the first half of the show.

I for one wouldn't miss November Rain if it was removed from the set list. I overplayed that song way too many times back in the 90's. I wore myself out with that song. But it's not going anywhere. That's Axl's moment on the piano. I'm not going to waist my time or energy complaining about it.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2016, 12:11:05 AM »

Not that it matters, but 80% of people wearing GNR garb seems extremely high. I wasn't keeping count, but I don't think it was anywhere near 80% at Gillette. If so, that's awesome.

It was absurdly high.  It was an awesome sight.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2016, 06:58:54 AM »

I love this place sometimes.  

You do not have to like every song and you can still be a huge fan of a bad

I think CITR sucks.  I think a lot of songs on the CD album are bad.  I also think a few are great and one is in my top GNR songs

And all that's fine. Smiley  Nobody is telling you that you can't like what you like or hate what you hate.

I couldn't care less if the band plays any CD songs.  I consider them all guns songs.    Good or bad.  Still guns

What I would love to see though is a show with less covers in it and if they are going to include CD songs while not attempting other classic songs.   Please scrap covers and play more guns songs

But THIS, to me, is  borderline nitpicking (The "I would love" in place of "they should" helps a bit).  Picking out one, small, tiny thing that you don't like about the shows and saying the band should make a change to satisfy your preference is, to me, bitching.

Look. we've got SOOOOO much from this band so far this year.  I just....I don't see the purpose of "asking" them to do more to make you happy.  I don't expect 100% positivity.  But the overall griping about the setlist....is so...I don't know....disrespectful isn't the right word but I'm searching for a better one. Ungrateful, maybe? Nah, still not right, but suffice to say it bugs me.

I'm not saying you should stop. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't say. But, to me, it's frustrating to read it.  And, also, to me, it proves a long standing point I've made that...no matter what we get from GnR, there's going to be members of this fanbase who are going to complain. 

No matter how long a band plays a cover song for doesn't make it there's.   I hate live and let die.   I really hate knocking on heavens door.   These are not guns songs  and I think it's bad that the band has been playing them so long lots of fans consider them guns songs.    In 10 years are people going to say the same about The Seeker ?

It's not JUST about the fact they've played LALD and KOHD "forever".  They're actually tracks recorded and published ON GnR albums. And they were hits when they were released off the albums.  Thats the difference, here.  And I know you don't like them, but I PROMISE you that there are casual fans in the audience who do, and who remember them playing in heavy rotation on MTV when they were released. They're part of the Greatest Hits catalog.

The Seeker, I'll grant you, is a cover.  I like the song, but it's not my favorite part of the show, either, especially as part of the encore.  But the band likes it, they play the fuck out of it, and I don't expect them to change it.

If you have a time limit on a show.  Play as many guns songs as you can.  Just scrap the covers

The only one you can really scrap is The Seeker (see above on KOHD and LALD).  The others are, really, "Axl mini-breaks".  They have to fill that time with something.  It's either covers (which they're doing) or going back to epic unknown solos.  I know I like this path better. Your mileage may vary.

If you have a no time limit show.   Play what ever the hell you want

Not every post has to be a possitive one.  Not ever my post has to be a damn they sounded great tonight.  Damn I love this and that.  

Nobody is saying that it does.  And I, at least, haven't said you should stop saying what you're saying.

Not understanding why you do it, and not agreeing with you, isn't the same as telling you to STFU.

I think Guns is doing great.  they all seem happy.  

And part of the reason for all that is likely they have crafted a set list that everyone likes to play.  Wink

I am also a fan of the greatest baseball team I. The history of the world

When did you become a YANKEES FAN??!! Congrats on the switch, man...though this year..tough. Tongue

Now even though I have such an over top pvr for the GREAT Toronto Blue Jays.   You can still be critical of the team at times

Yup, but when you start talking about what the Jays (or Yanks) should do..you're bitching.

Hey, we all do it.  I bitch about the Yanks and Brian Cashman ALL THE TIME.  It's bitching for sure.

But in 2009?  Yeah, not so much bitching.  To me, this is like watching your team win the World Series and then complaining that they didn't win every game by 10 runs or that the number 9 hitter didn't hit .310 in the series.

I do love the.  

Just accept the band and everything that's going on now!

And

You can't dislike anything guns n roses   Your not a fan comments.  Haha. They are priceless

I know you love them. I know you're a fan. And this isn't personal, AT ALL. You know I love me some Bacon!  And I have no issue with "I dislike".

But the "they should change" sticks in my craw.  You can do it.  Go right ahead. But it's gonna bug me.

And, just like you should be able to express the "They should drop the covers", I should likewise be able to say that stuff like that, all things considered, bugs me. That it's bitching about such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, and it's bitching about something the band who are putting on these shows all seem to be in agreement about (the setlist).

Fair enough?

My ticket is still booked.  I am still going.   Just like past shows I have seen play. Durring heavens door. I will just go buy some more beer.   Keep on repeating those lyrics.   Ugh.  It's like that kiss song rock in roll all night and party every day.   One verse repeated over and over and over and over again.

Keep the covers coming!

You know you're gonna have the time of your life, and there's nothing wrong with a beer break mid set!!
But that's just my opinion.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:05:51 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2016, 07:43:12 AM »

Yeah, same here Voodoo regarding the first half of the show.

I for one wouldn't miss November Rain if it was removed from the set list. I overplayed that song way too many times back in the 90's. I wore myself out with that song. But it's not going anywhere. That's Axl's moment on the piano. I'm not going to waist my time or energy complaining about it.

I think NR has lost its "epicness",,,to me is not about how many times i've listened to it... The way it's played, the more relaxed vocals, the faster tempo etc it sounds like more a piano bar song. Wink. The worst version was during 2001-2014 era, slash brings back the old sound at least, but what the song need is slower tempo and more "old axl" on vocals. IMHO. peace
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:49:05 AM by ITARocker » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »

It was absurdly high.  It was an awesome sight.
80% might be a bit much, but it was a large %! Other than the clueless hot topic stones/metallica pair in my section it looked like everyone had on GnR shirts - even my kids got shirts at the merch trailer...and that was night two!! I wore my new T to the Stratham Fair (NH) yesterday and got stopped at least 10 times by random people who went 19th/20th and all were raving about how incredible show was!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:32 AM »

I talked to 3 of the Police Officers from the department I am a reserve at in MA... They had the detail at Gillette Stadium on the 19th. They managed to get placed in the 300 level closer to the opposite end zone from the stage. Including them I have now spoken to about 10 people who were at either the 19th or 20th that sat further back than the soundboard. All of them had a completely different experience than I did sound wise. I thought that it sounded amazing, they all thought it sounded terrible (too loud and muffled, and couldn't hear Axl at all). The same three cops were at the Luke Bryan show the 16th in the same section and thought that sounded amazing (even though they aren't into country at all).

I wonder what about this show/setup isn't translating past about the 50 yard line? I remember one of the shows a week or so ago, very early periscopes sounded really bad (and they looked to be further back in the crowd).
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:08 AM »

I talked to 3 of the Police Officers from the department I am a reserve at in MA... They had the detail at Gillette Stadium on the 19th. They managed to get placed in the 300 level closer to the opposite end zone from the stage. Including them I have now spoken to about 10 people who were at either the 19th or 20th that sat further back than the soundboard. All of them had a completely different experience than I did sound wise. I thought that it sounded amazing, they all thought it sounded terrible (too loud and muffled, and couldn't hear Axl at all). The same three cops were at the Luke Bryan show the 16th in the same section and thought that sounded amazing (even though they aren't into country at all).

I wonder what about this show/setup isn't translating past about the 50 yard line? I remember one of the shows a week or so ago, very early periscopes sounded really bad (and they looked to be further back in the crowd).

I remember the same on the periscopes.  Can't remember which show, exactly.

I will say...the Gillette layout, for a concert, basically sucks.  The acoustics in there aren't great because of the layout, either.  It's not quite the traditional stadium setup, either, with the way the way the upper bowl doesn't extend out to the end zones.  I wonder if that effects the sound?

I know you said that Luke Bryan sounded better....but maybe it's just that his setup was more catered to Gillette's layout, while GnRs is really more focused on a more traditional stadium acoustic setup (with sound being projected toward the end zone...and able to reflect back..while at Gillette it would get "lost" out of the stadium)

IDK, I'm just spitballing.  Because we've heard from other folks, at other shows, who were in the uppers, where it sounded good.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »

I remember the same on the periscopes.  Can't remember which show, exactly.

I will say...the Gillette layout, for a concert, basically sucks.  The acoustics in there aren't great because of the layout, either.  It's not quite the traditional stadium setup, either, with the way the way the upper bowl doesn't extend out to the end zones.  I wonder if that effects the sound?

I know you said that Luke Bryan sounded better....but maybe it's just that his setup was more catered to Gillette's layout, while GnRs is really more focused on a more traditional stadium acoustic setup (with sound being projected toward the end zone...and able to reflect back..while at Gillette it would get "lost" out of the stadium)

IDK, I'm just spitballing.  Because we've heard from other folks, at other shows, who were in the uppers, where it sounded good.

I'd agree on the layout, the Pats run into the same issue with sound. The games are very quiet. Honestly though that is typical New England/Boston... Why build it right, when instead you can try to conform to these odd provincial standards.

As far as Luke Bryan, that could have been very catered to Gillette, as for the most part he is playing amphitheaters on this tour... yet stuck two sold out nights at Gillette in there.

Also if I remember right the 'periscope sound issue' show was either Nashville or Pittsburgh. Both of which have the same open air end zone setup with no upper deck extending to the end zones as Gillette.

FYI: Just want to add that I am just pointing this out, not complaining in anyway, as the 19th is still the best concert I have ever attended.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:29:22 AM by C0ma » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2016, 08:34:16 AM »

Who the hell got Pilferk's dander up so much? It seems like he has pre-game jitters!  nervous

I am getting them too.....can't wait for next Wednesday!  Cheesy

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:11 PM »

Who the hell got Pilferk's dander up so much? It seems like he has pre-game jitters!  nervous

Oh don't mind him. He is just bitching

Hahaha

Jk.   It's all good, unless you are facing a lefty that throws 99,  then it's sucks.  go Jays
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2016, 01:38:04 AM »

Anyone have an extra concert lithograph from this show?

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »

I'm late coming back. Wink  Hope you enjoy your show tonight.

I was (and am, though it's quieted down since the NYC shows) just tired of the bitching about tiny little nitpicks from the shows, and asking or expecting GnR to change based on people's personal preferences and nothing else. Especially in light of how good we actually have it, right now.

I was also sort of proving a previously made (like a year ago) point that, no matter HOW good we, as the fanbase, would have it, someone, somewhere would find something to complaining about.  And what's funny is, given the principal members of the conversation at the time, I SPECIFICALLY pointed out things like "the set list".  There are just certain members of the fanbase who aren't happy unless they're pissing on the parade (and, I should mention, Bacon is not actually typically one of those members...it was just the string of posts that his generated that finally set me off).

And I was told, basically, that I was wrong....that basically NOBODY would be half as negative about shows, or band decisions, if we got stuff like Slash and Duff rejoining, communication from the band, and a huge tour.  I mean, that would be the motherlode, right?

It wasn't JUST here.  There's a whole thread with complaints about the setlist, Izzy and Adler not having more prominent roles, etc, etc.

They're welcome to do it, but I'm going to likewise point out how....entitled? ungrateful? nitpicky?...whatever...it all is, considering.  With a little dash of "I told you so" sprinkled in for good measure.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »

Oh don't mind him. He is just bitching

Hahaha

Jk.   It's all good, unless you are facing a lefty that throws 99,  then it's sucks.  go Jays

I absolutely was. I even admitted I was (am?) bitching about the bitching. Smiley

Together again,
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »

I'm late coming back. Wink  Hope you enjoy your show tonight.

I was (and am, though it's quieted down since the NYC shows) just tired of the bitching about tiny little nitpicks from the shows, and asking or expecting GnR to change based on people's personal preferences and nothing else. Especially in light of how good we actually have it, right now.

I was also sort of proving a previously made (like a year ago) point that, no matter HOW good we, as the fanbase, would have it, someone, somewhere would find something to complaining about.  And what's funny is, given the principal members of the conversation at the time, I SPECIFICALLY pointed out things like "the set list".  There are just certain members of the fanbase who aren't happy unless they're pissing on the parade (and, I should mention, Bacon is not actually typically one of those members...it was just the string of posts that his generated that finally set me off).

And I was told, basically, that I was wrong....that basically NOBODY would be half as negative about shows, or band decisions, if we got stuff like Slash and Duff rejoining, communication from the band, and a huge tour.  I mean, that would be the motherlode, right?

It wasn't JUST here.  There's a whole thread with complaints about the setlist, Izzy and Adler not having more prominent roles, etc, etc.

They're welcome to do it, but I'm going to likewise point out how....entitled? ungrateful? nitpicky?...whatever...it all is, considering.  With a little dash of "I told you so" sprinkled in for good measure.

I don`t post often but been a member for a long time just wanted to agree with you about the moaning, I can`t believe it specially on the other board.
 I`m not sure what shows of other bands these people go to but I can assure u they don`t change set lists every night or leave out some of there biggest songs I for one am looking forward to seeing as many shows as I can get to when they announce dates for the uk
here`s an idea why don`t we just enjoy the ride  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2016, 09:10:03 AM »

Well, at least now with Periscope is less absurd (but still is) to moan about the setlist.

Back in the 2009/10 there were people bitching about it when they were just READING the updates. hihi

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: