Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Steven Adlers abscence
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adlers abscence  (Read 30113 times)
Sillything
VIP

« on: February 18, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

I have idolized Axl since the age of thirteen and will continue to to so but what the fuck are they on about regarding Steven Adler? Frank is a geat guy. But hey Axl nobody plays it better then Steven

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adler-explains-his-absence-from-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-they-just-didnt-give-me-the-opportunity/

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:45:35 PM »

Steven Steven Steven

Read the article Axl accroding to the articel wasnt nice to him. Why? With your bilions of dollars against a former addict  who whants to play for his fans. He was superb on drums durinf Farm Aid Frank is nice and good. But it breaks my heart what you are doing to Steven.

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:57:08 PM »

He said that the original plan was that he'd play all of appetite Lies and Illusion stuff and frank would play Chinese and the covers.

If that is true and then they scrapped it , I understand him being upset.

I also thought him playing one song a night in Argentina was odd.

Truthfully I have no problem with anything he said, he doesn't really have a way with words, but he didn't say anything too outlandish.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »

It's  a shame! Axl is a fucking billionaire. Steven been hit whit fucking tragedy in his Life. But now he is able to play. Why the fuck w. Axl Rose are you treating him whit disrespect?

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 06:18:28 PM »

This being a dead topic soon. But Steven ADLER is tha man on the DRUMS!

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »

Steven on Drums ! no to Frank

Helsinki 2010
Gothenburg 2018
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 03:11:48 PM »

I will never take what Steven Adler says as absolute 100% truth and neither should anyone of you.

I mean, he also has said that he was kicked out of the band due to musical differencies. That he thought Axl wanted to be Elton John and that November Rain should've been on some Axl solo album, when in reality it took him a million takes just to get Civil War right.
On his 1990 exit from GUNS N' ROSES:

Adler: "If people think that I got kicked out of GUNS N' ROSES for doing drugs, they are so mistaken. Everybody in that band was doing drugs. I was doing less than anybody. I got kicked out of the band, and Izzy got kicked out of the band, and then Slash and Duff did, because Axl wanted to take control of everything ? he wanted to own the name, he wanted to be the only person who gets paid for the songs. He wanted to be the manager, the accountant and everything, when all he needs to do is get up there and sing like a motherfucker that he does. But he wanted to own and control everything. Like Elton John ? he wanted to be like Elton John or Billy Joel. That's where the whole piano thing came in. He wanted to be a piano man, which is cool, but that's not GUNS N' ROSES. Leave GUNS N' ROSES the way it is, and then you do solo albums, like all musicians in other bands do. But that's what he wanted to do, and that's what happened. So I was the first to go, 'cause I was the easiest one; I was the nicest guy. They tricked me."

Do you really believe this shit? Would you hire a former employee if he/she acted like Steven Adler has in the past 25 years?

It is true that no one plays the AFD songs better than him and I would love to see him on stage with the others, but I'm not taking his word for anything other than what it is.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »

It really sucks that Steven pinched a nerve and it also sucks if it's true that he was supposed to perform longer at more shows.  How much more amazing those shows would've been if Steven had been playing more!  Having said that, I would wager that Steven's back problems were a bigger liability than he wants to admit.  I doubt he just hopped up and was fine.  I can understand the band being nervous about putting that many songs every show on Steven's shoulders right after his back surgery.

I'd agree that the 1990 rant wasn't necessary to go through all over again -- and it's sure to give all the Steven haters more fodder.  Steven should be avoiding that question like the plague at this point, and just focusing on right now.

However, most of what Steven said about everything else was positive, from the very first line.....

"It was, 'Thank you, God, for this beautiful present."

and then....

"I was on stage in front of seventy thousand people with Slash and Duff and Axl.'  I just wish Izzy was there, but, shit, I got to do it.  Thank you, God. 'Cause I wanted it for twenty-six years.  All I did every day was, 'Please, God, let this happen.  Let this happen.  I wanna play with them again. I wanna do this."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:54:45 AM by Bridge » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 07:03:39 AM »

I take all of that with a massive pinch of salt. He stills seems massively in denial about the issues of the past- drugs and things. Despite the fact that all members of the band have at some point referred to him having to leave because of not actually being capable of performing.
Also- I imagine there are still issues in this area. If he's still using (and we don't really know he isn't) there is no way Duff and Slash would want that on tour with them, sober as they are now.

Basically- he tells half a story. He says this sort of stuff occasionally, and has done for years. I feel sorry for him in the sense that he's clearly so fixated on the past, but he has his issues, and taking him at his word is madness.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »

They had barely started rehearsing and Steven screws up his back.  He hadn't been on a major tour in years and it was probably apparent that he couldn't pull this off.  They moved on with Frank full time and I don't blame them one bit.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »

Steven Adler needs to be put on the record. His talent has been overshadowed by everything that went on in his life with drug abuse etc. There's no denying that he his the ultimate GnR drummer. He is part of the uniqueness that launched Guns n Roses. He deserves to be more of a part of this band again. I mean if it's ok that Axl's gonna perform and record with AC/DC then Adler should be invited back to Guns n Roses. The more I watch him play the more frustrated I feel that he's not involved more.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »

Steven Adler needs to be put on the record. His talent has been overshadowed by everything that went on in his life with drug abuse etc. There's no denying that he his the ultimate GnR drummer. He is part of the uniqueness that launched Guns n Roses. He deserves to be more of a part of this band again. I mean if it's ok that Axl's gonna perform and record with AC/DC then Adler should be invited back to Guns n Roses. The more I watch him play the more frustrated I feel that he's not involved more.

Have a look in Dead Horse. There's a thread talking about exactly this there.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »

Completely agree with you the guy got completely shafted from the reunion which was a fkn nasty way to treat him ,his drumming style is so unique and he is sorely missed from the tour, however sounds like they didn't want to take the risk with him on a 2 year trek around the globe at least Axl anyway who got Duff to do his dirty work and fire him.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 06:20:31 PM »

They had barely started rehearsing and Steven screws up his back.  He hadn't been on a major tour in years and it was probably apparent that he couldn't pull this off.  They moved on with Frank full time and I don't blame them one bit.
The guy got fkn rightly shafted by Axl as fkn usual,why tell him he's in getting him to rehearse and then kick him to the kerb when he does his back in ,surely they could have thrown him a bit of slack and used him for half the show as was the original plan,if anyone can't be depended on its Axl we all know the fkn bizzare and crazy behaviour he's done on the loyal fans in the past ,And as for Duff and Slash they made Adler look like a monk with the amount of  substance abuse they did over the year's.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »

Completely agree with you the guy got completely shafted from the reunion which was a fkn nasty way to treat him ,his drumming style is so unique and he is sorely missed from the tour, however sounds like they didn't want to take the risk with him on a 2 year trek around the globe at least Axl anyway who got Duff to do his dirty work and fire him.

I thought the plan was to have him more involved but then he hurt his back? Then once he recovered he made a couple of appearances. If anyone got "completely shafted" I'd say it was Sorum, who I doubt an offer was even made to guest at a show. I suppose I get why he wasn't brought along, I don't particularly care one way or another.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 06:50:19 PM »

The guy got fkn rightly shafted by Axl as fkn usual,why tell him he's in getting him to rehearse and then kick him to the kerb when he does his back in ,surely they could have thrown him a bit of slack and used him for half the show as was the original plan,if anyone can't be depended on its Axl we all know the fkn bizzare and crazy behaviour he's done on the loyal fans in the past ,And as for Duff and Slash they made Adler look like a monk with the amount of  substance abuse they did over the year's.

What makes you think Adler is telling the truth?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 07:48:01 PM »

I thought the plan was to have him more involved but then he hurt his back? Then once he recovered he made a couple of appearances. If anyone got "completely shafted" I'd say it was Sorum, who I doubt an offer was even made to guest at a show. I suppose I get why he wasn't brought along, I don't particularly care one way or another.

Yes  that's right on this imaginary album get Steven a spot.   He'll get me a spot too. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »

Yes  that's right on this imaginary album get Steven a spot.   He'll get me a spot too. 

haha! I think one thing people never ask is WHY the band wouldn't want Adler involved? Of course they would. It's bankable, fans would like to see it, etc etc. There is no reason to exclude him, unless he's unreliable, a total liability a pain in the arse, still using, and/or spouting crap all the time of course.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »

What makes you think Adler is telling the truth?
Exactly. I'm not sure Steven's plan was the same as Axl's. They were in need of a bassist and guitarist, not a drummer. People may like Steven more or think he's a better drummer, same with Izzy. But there are obviously reasons Richard and Frank remained in the band. Who knows what the original plan actually was, I just think very few if any would back up the plan Steven outlined.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »

Exactly. I'm not sure Steven's plan was the same as Axl's. They were in need of a bassist and guitarist, not a drummer. People may like Steven more or think he's a better drummer, same with Izzy. But there are obviously reasons Richard and Frank remained in the band. Who knows what the original plan actually was, I just think very few if any would back up the plan Steven outlined.

It was reported by various sources (other than Steven himself) that Steven was included in early rehearsals, which suggests to me that he was originally set to be included a bit more than he ended up being included.  However, as I said in my first post, I can believe that Steven's back injury was a bigger liability than Steven may want to acknowledge.  I can see how that might have made the band nervous about including him on every show, and playing multiple songs.  But could he have been included a little more than he was?  Probably so, but who knows?

All of that certainly sucks for Steven.  Judging by the huge ovations he received from obviously reunion-hungry crowds, it's obvious that the fans did appreciate his presence and would've loved to see more of him during the entire tour.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: