Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Pets
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pets  (Read 20205 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2021, 11:37:29 AM »

uh-oh, saw a fox in the neighbor's yard this morning.  Simone is a little big for a fox but the other two could be breakfast if the fox is hungry enough.  I hope he's just passing through and not taking up residence.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 01:40:47 PM »

uh-oh, saw a fox in the neighbor's yard this morning.  Simone is a little big for a fox but the other two could be breakfast if the fox is hungry enough.  I hope he's just passing through and not taking up residence.

That's one reason i'd never let my cats out. I also live in an apartment. So it isn't the safest environment either.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2021, 05:00:03 PM »

That's one reason i'd never let my cats out. I also live in an apartment. So it isn't the safest environment either.

Terrapin went out last night and hasn't come back!  New cats will do that, stay gone for 24 hours, while they get to know the territory so I'm holding on to that.  I was up and down all night looking for her and have been out there calling but no show yet.  My feral cat showed up last night.  He's been gone about two weeks.  Looks pretty skinny.  I'm assuming mating season is over.

I can't see making my cats stay inside when outside is so wonderful.  I can't blame people for keeping them in either, it's a dangerous world out there.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2021, 11:54:24 PM »

Terrapin went out last night and hasn't come back!  New cats will do that, stay gone for 24 hours, while they get to know the territory so I'm holding on to that.  I was up and down all night looking for her and have been out there calling but no show yet.  My feral cat showed up last night.  He's been gone about two weeks.  Looks pretty skinny.  I'm assuming mating season is over.

I can't see making my cats stay inside when outside is so wonderful.  I can't blame people for keeping them in either, it's a dangerous world out there.

And just my luck one of mine is an escape artist. If you open the door you better know where she is went not leave it open. She's even been known to push screens out or rip them to get out.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2021, 11:56:50 AM »

And just my luck one of mine is an escape artist. If you open the door you better know where she is went not leave it open. She's even been known to push screens out or rip them to get out.

She showed up this morning, much to my relief, only to find out she's back in heat and being little psycho girl.   Cheesy  She'll be okay from here, knows her home.  Simone came walking up from the general direction of the fox sighting.  I noticed she and Lily have been sticking close to the house.  Could of been because they knew Terrapin was out there or might be the fox.  Hopefully it's moved on.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2021, 02:04:27 PM »

She showed up this morning, much to my relief, only to find out she's back in heat and being little psycho girl.   Cheesy  She'll be okay from here, knows her home.  Simone came walking up from the general direction of the fox sighting.  I noticed she and Lily have been sticking close to the house.  Could of been because they knew Terrapin was out there or might be the fox.  Hopefully it's moved on.

A cat in heat can be profoundly irritating. I would be afraid to let them out with a fox on the loose.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2021, 12:06:37 AM »

The fox is only an addition.  I've got hunting birds and coons.  Fortunately I have a lot of cover.  We have a lot of rabbits so I'm hoping those are more to their liking.

Terrapin got into it with a neighbor's cat and came running.  My other two were on the patio with me and ran the other cat off.  Might be progress in the 3 of them getting along.  Terrapin has quit hissing back at them and everybody has quit running when they see each other.

I've found putting her in the warm garage helps when she's psycho.  It calms her down and she seems to like it.  Or when she's walking around crying to pick her up and walk her around the house.  She cycles every three days.  Her surgery is scheduled for the 20th.  Not looking forward to it as they keep her overnight.  On the other hand, can't come soon enough!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »

I got a cat statue for the yard for my birthday.  It is freaking the cats out.   hihi  They keep sneaking up on it and bopping it in the head to see if it will move.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 07:53:44 PM »

You must get a picture of this lol.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 10:58:18 PM »

I was thinking about moving it to a different spot when the cats weren't looking.  hihi

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2021, 01:29:22 AM »

I was thinking about moving it to a different spot when the cats weren't looking.  hihi
rofl
cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2021, 06:56:30 PM »

Terrapin goes in tomorrow to get fixed.  My vet keeps them overnight after surgery.  I hate that.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2021, 05:12:59 PM »

She's home!  Nothing makes a cat more crazy then to have one of those collar guards around their neck.  Took that off.  And she's on pain meds so she doesn't know she's injured and was fighting it.  The vet estimates she's 7 months old.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2021, 01:37:59 PM »

Dropped Simone at the vet so they can work her in.  No way in hell she was going in the cat carrier.  She rode up there in the backseat.  She's had little scabs all over her face for 3 weeks that won't heal up.  We had a similar problem last year but it was on her feet.  I'm thinking allergies.  Her little eyes look kind of like mine feel.

Sure, to come home she walks right into the cat carrier.   hihi  Antibiotic and steroid shots.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:13:31 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 11:44:47 PM »

Terrapin, you're such a kitten.  She's been having a great time all day playing with a rubber ban.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 08:41:39 PM »

Terrapin has figured out how to get on the roof from watching the big cats.  She's also learn when you hear the garage door go up you better come when I call or you'll be outside until I get back.  She's working out well.  I have my cat crew again.

Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2021, 04:45:18 PM »

I currently have 2 cats, Kevin and Ozzy. We started out with just Kevin but I convinced my gf that two are better.  beer It is wild in the house now! They chase each other every where! It's great! lol
cineater
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2021, 03:47:23 PM »

WTH?  The cats fighting took out 2 of my glass containers and took out another one today.  Glass, bottle tops and shells everywhere.  They look at me like, what just happened?  You two, that's what just happen!  No, they didn't fall off that shelve by themselves.  You're not the victims here.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »

Wonder if I can get away with just putting that up this year instead of my big tree?  It is just me and the cats.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2021, 10:36:36 PM »

I went ahead and put the Christmas scratching post together.  Love it.   hihi  The cats do too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: