Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 175799 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »

Some of you guys need to stop over thinking every post and acting like you know or have to protect axl.

Perhaps I'll stop "over thinking" these posts when the original posters start engaging their brains before typing.

As for protecting Axl, you're barking up the wrong tree there.  It's not the posters who don't want Axl ripped off that are the ones guilty of thinking he needs protection, it's the deluded souls who keep banging on about how he should run his life and giving him the benefit of their wisdom in how best to release his album.  They're the people who seem to think that he needs protection from himself because if only he'd not made them wait so long for the album, then they wouldn't be forced to download the leaks.  Twisted logic, I agree, but you've only got to read back a few pages for the evidence.

I've read some sexist crap on this board on occasions but that analogy has to be the most ridiculously puerile one yet.

Thank you  Smiley 
There really isn't anything sexist about that at all though. Only one there who got used was the half way melted butter. Undecided
If that got you to "Sexist pig!!" - mode..then please, please stay away from some of the GNR lyrics.

Did I say your comments were sexist?  No, I didn't.  I said that I'd read some on here that were,  I simply pointed out that I found your post "ridiculously puerile".  Unless of course you're aged around thirteen and then it's perfectly understandable.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #541 on: August 29, 2008, 05:07:46 PM »

hihi

I don't have anything against Wal Mart. Great prices on food, I buy shit there all the time. I don't care how they treat their employees. If u don't like being treated like shit at your job: GO TO COLLEGE!

Obviously you didn't answer my question and I didn't slam wal mart ? so I don't know what kool- aid your drinking but I think its negative karma -4.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
makane
Legend

« Reply #542 on: August 29, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »

You can't blame the people who download it, you need to blame the source/ancient delivery methods of music.
whats ancient about it?  you can now buy mp3s on amazon and get music from itunes..  you can order cd's from the internet and have them delivered to your house.    what do you want?

I download music "illegally", and will continue to do so until record companies fall down on their knees and comply with the real world.
and what would fit the defintion of "comply with the real world"?  give it away all for free?   Thats not how this world works.   Its wrong and theres nothing to justify it.

Oh I could write ten pages worth of rant here, but instead I keep suggesting you to read this great article, which gives a real insight to whats going on in the music industry atm. (also answers your questions)

http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #543 on: August 29, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »

how about a clear answer instead of posting a link to a huge ass article?   What ways do you think music should be delivered that would make you stop downloading illegally?  its a simple question.
makane
Legend

« Reply #544 on: August 29, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

how about a clear answer instead of posting a link to a huge ass article?   What ways do you think music should be delivered that would make you stop downloading illegally?  its a simple question.

I wonder how you've managed to find time to spread bullshit all over this thread for days, but refuse to read an article which would take less than half an hour to read, and would certainly be more helpful than arguing here.

I know I can't change your head here, but atleast you could TRY to see things from a different  perspective.

And why wont I just answer your "simple question"? Well, if I knew the one and only answer, I definitely would'nt be here wasting my time. I just know there is a better way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:24:37 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #545 on: August 29, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »

Did I say your comments were sexist?  No, I didn't.  I said that I'd read some on here that were,  I simply pointed out that I found your post "ridiculously puerile".  Unless of course you're aged around thirteen and then it's perfectly understandable.

Ahaa, I'm sorry, I wasnt familiar with the word and instead of checking it I assumed it was something closely related to sexism. With that whole referance being there and all.

JB just read the fucking article Grin
You dont have to agree with it to be entertained by it. It has this nostalgy trip vibe thing going underneath it all. It's honestly  a good read no matter how zealot-like you are.
And as a bonus, reading it keeps you from posting for  a little while.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:22:07 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #546 on: August 29, 2008, 05:24:50 PM »

hihi

I don't have anything against Wal Mart. Great prices on food, I buy shit there all the time. I don't care how they treat their employees. If u don't like being treated like shit at your job: GO TO COLLEGE!

Obviously you didn't answer my question and I didn't slam wal mart ? so I don't know what kool- aid your drinking but I think its negative karma -4.

Exactly what is your question?  Sure I'll buy the CD, Boxset, DVD's if they tour anywhere near me concert tickets. I DL but I always BUY what I like. Thats a fact.

Oh yeah, I use to have -10 Karma! Tongue

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #547 on: August 29, 2008, 05:29:47 PM »

Ahaa, I'm sorry, I wasnt familiar with the word and instead of checking it I assumed it was something closely related to sexism. With that whole referance being there and all.

You dont have to agree with it to be entertained by it. It has this nostalgy trip vibe thing going underneath it all. It's honestly  a good read no matter how zealot-like you are.

Why does he half to read a article that he's not intrested in.  That's like me going to mtv's website and being forced to read a jonas brothers article.  Just because some people DON'T download doesn't mean they gotta be attacked.  I'd much rather have the physical CD with liner notes, artwork, CD with a design on it, bonus features, ect.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #548 on: August 29, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »

I wonder how you've managed to find time to spread bullshit all over this thread for days, but refuse to read an article which would take less than half an hour to read, and would certainly be more helpful than arguing here.

I know I can't change your head here, but atleast you could TRY to see things from a different  perspective.

And why wont I just answer your "simple question"? Well, if I knew the one and only answer, I definitely would'nt be here wasting my time. I just know there is a better way.

the gist of the article is that copyrights shouldn't exist and music should be free.  sorry, thats not the way the world works.   Copyrights exist for artists protection.  Its not just music either.   What do you think it costs to produce an album these days?  And god forbid someone hope to make a profit off their hard work.  

Again, there is nothing ancient about going to amazon or itunes and buying music.  With the exception of a couple leaked tracks, I get my mp3s from Amazon and my CD's from Best Buy.   I'm all about supporting artists and respecting copyright.   Its the right thing to do.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

the gist of the article is that copyrights shouldn't exist and music should be free.  sorry, thats not the way the world works.   Copyrights exist for artists protection.  Its not just music either.   What do you think it costs to produce an album these days?  And god forbid someone hope to make a profit off their hard work.  

Again, there is nothing ancient about going to amazon or itunes and buying music.  With the exception of a couple leaked tracks, I get my mp3s from Amazon and my CD's from Best Buy.   I'm all about supporting artists and respecting copyright.   Its the right thing to do.

Copyright law has been in effect for along time, remember when you were a kid watching a movie and the first thing you saw was the FBI warning of reproduction of this film is a serious crime.  Well what's the diffrence between movie's and music ? there isn't.  People who like using internet for their MP3 like JB is fine cause their paying for the product.  I use I-Tunes personally and if there is a CD I really want i'll buy it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
makane
Legend

« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »

Why does he half to read a article that he's not intrested in.  That's like me going to mtv's website and being forced to read a jonas brothers article.  Just because some people DON'T download doesn't mean they gotta be attacked.  I'd much rather have the physical CD with liner notes, artwork, CD with a design on it, bonus features, ect.
The article was something which I laid my argument on. It's essential for him to read it to understand what im trying to say (because im not as good explaining it as the writer). No one really even attacked him.

It's cool if you like to carry CD's, I dont. I'd rather have 1000 albums with me all the time in a cellphone sized device. Not to talk about having music on my PC/home, instead of having everything on physical formats.
Though I still buy certains albums as a physical format, I think that digital format COULD offer much better artwork and bonus features.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

It's cool if you like to carry CD's, I dont. I'd rather have 1000 albums with me all the time in a cellphone sized device. Not to talk about having music on my PC/home, instead of having everything on physical formats.
Though I still buy certains albums as a physical format, I think that digital format COULD offer much better artwork and bonus features.

You can do that with itunes and amazon.   Are you just too cheap to buy music so you steal it because its easy?   
makane
Legend

« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

the gist of the article is that copyrights shouldn't exist and music should be free.  sorry, thats not the way the world works.   Copyrights exist for artists protection.  Its not just music either.   What do you think it costs to produce an album these days?  And god forbid someone hope to make a profit off their hard work. 

Again, there is nothing ancient about going to amazon or itunes and buying music.  With the exception of a couple leaked tracks, I get my mp3s from Amazon and my CD's from Best Buy.   I'm all about supporting artists and respecting copyright.   Its the right thing to do.

Copyright law has been in effect for along time, remember when you were a kid watching a movie and the first thing you saw was the FBI warning of reproduction of this film is a serious crime.  Well what's the diffrence between movie's and music ? there isn't.  People who like using internet for their MP3 like JB is fine cause their paying for the product.  I use I-Tunes personally and if there is a CD I really want i'll buy it.
I see you think everyone wants all music to be completely free. Thats not the case. People want to buy music without all this DRM (not the only problem) corporate bullshit.

It's ok if you want to buy records for 20$ (which the band probably gets less than a percent). I don't, I'd rather pay 1-5$ which goes STRAIGHT for the artist.
I buy (download) so much music that I couldn't just afford it if I bought it the "legit" way. But then again I love music, so what am I supposed to do? I try to encourage people to realize that we could get music much cheaper if the unnecessary hands would stop grabbing their share on the way.
These days I support bands by going to concerts and buying merchandise.

makane
Legend

« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »

You can do that with itunes and amazon.   Are you just too cheap to buy music so you steal it because its easy?   

Im too aware to give my money to corporate fucks. Itunes and Amazon are RIAA supported groups, and RIAA is just against music fans.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2008, 06:02:12 PM »

the gist of the article is that copyrights shouldn't exist and music should be free.  sorry, thats not the way the world works.   Copyrights exist for artists protection.  Its not just music either.   What do you think it costs to produce an album these days?  And god forbid someone hope to make a profit off their hard work. 

Again, there is nothing ancient about going to amazon or itunes and buying music.  With the exception of a couple leaked tracks, I get my mp3s from Amazon and my CD's from Best Buy.   I'm all about supporting artists and respecting copyright.   Its the right thing to do.

I see you think everyone wants all music to be completely free. Thats not the case. People want to buy music without all this DRM (not the only problem) corporate bullshit.

It's ok if you want to buy records for 20$ (which the band probably gets less than a percent). I don't, I'd rather pay 1-5$ which goes STRAIGHT for the artist.
I buy (download) so much music that I couldn't just afford it if I bought it the "legit" way. But then again I love music, so what am I supposed to do? I try to encourage people to realize that we could get music much cheaper if the unnecessary hands would stop grabbing their share on the way.

I have seen a CD's that r 18 bucks since I was in Junior High ? I think that's why one of the reasons why you see so much leaking.  If you visit Circuit City, Walmart, Best Buy, Cd's at the most r 13.99 some even 9.99  I personally think Artist should do what radio head did except have a standard price.  For 5 bucks you can get the album at a low quality for 5 bucks then later on when the album is released you can pay 11.99 for the physical CD.  That would give you 2 months to decide if you like the album that you can purchase it and that would probaly stop the leaking as we speak.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #555 on: August 29, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

so you can't afford to buy all the music you download and that makes it ok to download illegally?   So we are supposed to steal what we want and can't afford?    I want a lot of things I can't afford, but I don't go trying to steal them.

There are some artists like NIN and Radiohead who do what you are talking about, and that is their decision.   I thought it was awesome what Trent Reznor did with The Slip.  I even bought a hard copy when it was released for my car.    

Buying merch and tickets are great, but nothing justifies breaking copyright laws.  Your outlook on this is very selfish.

Im too aware to give my money to corporate fucks. Itunes and Amazon are RIAA supported groups, and RIAA is just against music fans.
The RIAA is for protecting copyrights.   You want something for nothing.   If you had a product that depended on copyright to make money, you would probably be singing a different tune.    Instead you'd rather try to justify illegal downloading by calling the RIAA and music industry evil just because you can't afford to buy all the music you want.   Maybe get a second job or something, shit.
makane
Legend

« Reply #556 on: August 29, 2008, 06:13:28 PM »

so you can't afford to buy all the music you download and that makes it ok to download illegally?   So we are supposed to steal what we want and can't afford?    I want a lot of things I can't afford, but I don't go trying to steal them.

There are some artists like NIN and Radiohead who do what you are talking about, and that is their decision.   I thought it was awesome what Trent Reznor did with The Slip.  I even bought a hard copy when it was released for my car.   

Buying merch and tickets are great, but nothing justifies breaking copyright laws.  Your outlook on this is very selfish.

The RIAA is for protecting copyrights.   You want something for nothing.   If you had a product that depended on copyright to make money, you would probably be singing a different tune.    Instead you'd rather try to justify illegal downloading by calling the RIAA and music industry evil just because you can't afford to buy all the music you want.   Maybe get a second job or something, shit.
All this comes down to you "defending" Axl, and that blinds you from everything else. Im just gonna say that I don't think music should be enterily free, but just drifting in this old concept is stupid. OK?
Also don't get me wrong, I don't approve the leaks, but I dont blame people for downloading them. The problem is elsewhere.

And to GNR4L, I live in Finland, where new records cost somewhere between 18-20-something euros (nearly 30 dollars). And in my budget that is just too much, but maybe I should get another job to buy records?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:20:14 PM by makane » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #557 on: August 29, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »

And to GNR4L, I live in Finland, where new records cost somewhere between 18-20-something euros (nearly 30 dollars). And in my budget that is just too much, but maybe I should get another job to buy records?

if its important enough to you.   if i absolutely NEEDED something I couldn't afford I would either work harder or get a second job.    No need to steal.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #558 on: August 29, 2008, 06:30:35 PM »

if its important enough to you.   if i absolutely NEEDED something I couldn't afford I would either work harder or get a second job.    No need to steal.

That sucks man Cd's are that much but still I always wanted a porsche but don't expect me to go to the dealership and take it.  JB is right if you gotta get a second job to buy something you really love (music) then I guess you gotta get another job.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #559 on: August 29, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

Pro Wrestler Chris Jericho said something really true and interesting in his autobiography. He mentioned how when he first started wrestling, he'd see these big superstars that he watched on TV every week and realized they were not rich etc.

He thought all of his life because they were in magazines and on TV that they were just loaded when in reality they made maybe a couple thousand a month and some still had jobs on the side.

I think people are guilty of this with everything. U see a band on  MTV or Vh1 or hear them on the radio or something and people assume they are rich and what's the harm of downloading a song.

Truth is, these bands ARE NOT rich and if their album flops, they are FINISHED and their careers are over.

I do go two ways on this however because I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never Downloaded music. I see nothing wrong with downloading a CD that u have already bought.

I mentioned earlier that in my life I have bought

4 copies of AFD  4 copies of GNR lies, 4 UYI 1's and about 5 UYI II's. I have owned 2 of that UYI best of thing that came out, I have owned 2 Spaghetti Incidents, 3 Live era's and 1 Greatest Hits

So........... If DL Rocket Queen, to me, that isnt stealing as I have more than compensated the band for the right to listen to that song.

DL music u havent bought is stealing and is wrong plain and simple.

I am a musician and I know first hand the dream of making it big and having a long career in music is no longer possible. It doesn't matter how awesome or talented u are, u have no shot at a long career these days and that is depressing because for some shitty crazy reason people dont view stealing music as the same as stealing a car and it its the same thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: