Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1572798 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7380 on: January 31, 2020, 04:16:45 PM »

We may not have gotten that single we were hoping for today, but at least we can now watch that fucking Looney Tunes video whenever we want.  What a time to be a GNR fan.  hihi

“We”??   Speak for yourself and your made up time tables.  Nobody expected a single today other than you.  Therefor, “we” aren’t let down and showing our frustrations in every other post.

Woah, someone sure likes Looney Tunes.  rofl

Someone feels as though they are an entitled fan. 

They've released 1 new album in nearly 30 years, bud. Is it even possible for a GNR fan to be "entitled"?  Shocked
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7381 on: January 31, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »

I would say that the blame squarely lays on Axl and, to a lesser degree, Fernando's shoulders.  We all know that all roads end with Axl. So ultimately the buck stops there with whatever happens or, in this case, doesn't happen.  But it's Fernando's job to act as the middleman as manager and get Axl in the right headspace to produce and, get this, RELEASE new music.  On that front, he's obviously a complete failure.  

Everyone else, and yes, including Slash and Duff, are probably all glorified clock punchers (albeit well-paid) and likely have little to do with what gets past the red tape.

Yeah, I mean obviously you have to walk on eggshells around Axl to an extent, but I think as the manager, it's also your responsibility to keep him in check as much as possible. It's an incredibly fine like to walk, but then you are being paid big bucks to do exactly that. I also feel like on some level Axl would respect a manager who would treat him like an equal.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7382 on: January 31, 2020, 04:48:43 PM »

I would say that the blame squarely lays on Axl and, to a lesser degree, Fernando's shoulders.  We all know that all roads end with Axl. So ultimately the buck stops there with whatever happens or, in this case, doesn't happen.  But it's Fernando's job to act as the middleman as manager and get Axl in the right headspace to produce and, get this, RELEASE new music.  On that front, he's obviously a complete failure.  

Everyone else, and yes, including Slash and Duff, are probably all glorified clock punchers (albeit well-paid) and likely have little to do with what gets past the red tape.

Yeah, I mean obviously you have to walk on eggshells around Axl to an extent, but I think as the manager, it's also your responsibility to keep him in check as much as possible. It's an incredibly fine like to walk, but then you are being paid big bucks to do exactly that. I also feel like on some level Axl would respect a manager who would treat him like an equal.

And you also have to consider that Fernando/Team Brazil has been "manager" for a decade now.  That's a long time. Sure, he knows how to book shows, but he's allowed this band to appear creatively bankrupt as far as new music is concerned. He absolutely needs to share the blame for that.  That he seems relatively apathetic on that front only adds insult to injury.  It also explains why he doesn't visit this forum anymore.  He's making loads of cash working for Axl and I'm sure he doesn't feel the need to explain himself to the fans.  Great guy, I know.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:55:15 PM by sofine11 » Logged
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7383 on: January 31, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »

Spot on analysis

Rizzo160
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #7384 on: February 01, 2020, 12:00:46 AM »

I'm not clear on how we got from 'we are trying to figure out the best way to release new music' to there will be no new music. It's a fractured music market. There are a lot of variables to consider, some that most of us cannot even imagine. I think we need a little patience to see what plays out instead of 'I want what I want and I want it now.' So millennial.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #7385 on: February 01, 2020, 02:37:35 AM »

I'm not clear on how we got from 'we are trying to figure out the best way to release new music' to there will be no new music. It's a fractured music market. There are a lot of variables to consider, some that most of us cannot even imagine. I think we need a little patience to see what plays out instead of 'I want what I want and I want it now.' So millennial.
dude it s just bullshit, they Made milions with di the tour, Who cares if they don’t sell at their maximum??? Make new music and put out the new album, knowing that axl won’t do any promotion it doesn’t matter how many ‘variables’ u have, the guy won’t help so just do it for the art. But it’s the same old story, even with slash and duff, and i think it’s pretty pathetic at this point. We’ll see in the next 2 months but i think Nothin will change
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #7386 on: February 01, 2020, 03:17:46 AM »

All this ‘it’s difficult to release music , we dunno how to release music’ Is all well and good but everyone else seems to manage without trouble , U2 , Pearl Jam , Liam and Noel , Green Day , RHCP , Metallica etc , how come Gnr find it difficult. Sorry , I love Gnr obviously but everything is difficult with Axl to release music , Slash never struggled , Velvet Revolver didn’t either , they make fuck loads from touring so what if their albums don’t make money how much money do they need
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7387 on: February 01, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »

The market is moving to a more streaming model...and per stream pays shit.  The "purchase" model is becoming less and less viable as every day passes.

If you want to get the music to as many people as possible, now, you not only have to have amazon and itunes and the google play store on board. You need to have Spotify, Apple Music, and youtube music on board too.  There's a lot more moving parts than there were when it was "Press a CD and ship to retailers".

And I'm not sure THESE band members have had a lot of experience with that process.  I'm not sure, given some past events, how comfortable they are with it.

So I totally take Slash's comments in that context.  Not that there won't be new music.  Just that the traditional way they're used to isn't the best way to release music today.  So they're trying to find the most effective strategy, given the way the market works now. to do it.  I'm OK with that.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7388 on: February 01, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »

The market is moving to a more streaming model...and per stream pays shit.  The "purchase" model is becoming less and less viable as every day passes.

If you want to get the music to as many people as possible, now, you not only have to have amazon and itunes and the google play store on board. You need to have Spotify, Apple Music, and youtube music on board too.  There's a lot more moving parts than there were when it was "Press a CD and ship to retailers".

And I'm not sure THESE band members have had a lot of experience with that process.  I'm not sure, given some past events, how comfortable they are with it.

So I totally take Slash's comments in that context.  Not that there won't be new music.  Just that the traditional way they're used to isn't the best way to release music today.  So they're trying to find the most effective strategy, given the way the market works now. to do it.  I'm OK with that.....

Yawn

Speaking as if there is new material ready they just can't figure out how to release it?

Just stop already please - abundantly clear that this version of the band is stuck in the same black hole regarding new music being released that the last 7 iterations of this band was too.

Is what it is - they are focused on touring and raking in ungodly amounts of cash still instead of getting into a creative space to produce something tangible.

So be it
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #7389 on: February 01, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »

Yawn.....speaking as if there's no new music made just cause we haven't heard it...

Touring is great! And a new album will be great when it's released.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Trash Panda
Headliner

« Reply #7390 on: February 01, 2020, 04:32:02 PM »

Who could possibly figure out the complicated machinations of today's music industry? It is just too confusing for classic rock bands to figure out how to record and present new music in this baffling new age.....

(Meanwhile, Pearl Jam announces upcoming release of 11th album). "Well, we write music, get together, work on songs as a band, record said songs, then release them. Then we tour and at each concert we play different sets each night, drawing from our vast catalogue. People seem to like that approach." (not a real quote, just a satirical response to a nonsensical excuse not to put out an album).
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #7391 on: February 01, 2020, 04:38:32 PM »

Given that the consensus is no money is to be made from recordings, find the way that  loses least and tour behind the release. Sell unique stuff that's not under the labels control and do the social media stuff to create a buzz, its not rocket science.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7392 on: February 01, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »

It's a joke, no new music, as someone said you keep paying.. will keep playing.  Beyond depressing.

Rizzo160
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7393 on: February 02, 2020, 10:18:01 AM »

Who could possibly figure out the complicated machinations of today's music industry? It is just too confusing for classic rock bands to figure out how to record and present new music in this baffling new age.....

(Meanwhile, Pearl Jam announces upcoming release of 11th album). "Well, we write music, get together, work on songs as a band, record said songs, then release them. Then we tour and at each concert we play different sets each night, drawing from our vast catalogue. People seem to like that approach." (not a real quote, just a satirical response to a nonsensical excuse not to put out an album).

Exactly:  All this BS about "trying to figure out how to release an album" is insulting.  I would imagine the  same way Slash has over the years, Duff, Green day, Pearl Jam, Ozzie, scorps, and on and on.  If they really want to, they will.  Its actually really easy seeing new music come out weekly
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #7394 on: February 02, 2020, 10:27:18 AM »

Insulting....to who?

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7395 on: February 02, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »

Insulting....to who?

to anyone who wants new music.  If the intent is not to, just say so or give real reasons.  To say "we cant figure it out" is comical
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #7396 on: February 02, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »

So, insulting like it's insulting to some children to don't get icecream on a monday. But not every children.

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7397 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »

So, insulting like it's insulting to some children to don't get icecream on a monday. But not every children.

haha, yea, just like that.  or anyone with a brain :-)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

« Reply #7398 on: February 02, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »

OK  ok

What you saying is (?): Every fan with a brain gets insulted when a new album doesn't come out on the time they want, when one of the reasons might be that the music business make the band want to think over how they'll release it. Thanks for the enlightenment!

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7399 on: February 02, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »

OK  ok

What you saying is (?): Every fan with a brain gets insulted when a new album doesn't come out on the time they want, when one of the reasons might be that the music business make the band want to think over how they'll release it. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Not saying that at all.  I just dont speak this message board lingo.  If someone makes a stupid statement "we cant figure out ho to release an album" by a someone who has no problems releasing CD after CD, its funny.  Makes no difference in my life.  I have been around long enough to see them live since the late 80s.  They have been and will always be my favorite band no matter if they want to release new music or not.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: