Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash - Spinner Interview
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash - Spinner Interview  (Read 29789 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »

It was on one of Slash's websites months before the event in the news section before the concert. I don't have the time to go dig up a reference from 2001, you can choose to believe me or not...I really don't care anymore. It's not about facts or the truth for several people on this site. It doesn't matter if you make a logical argument cause this board and logic don't really mesh together. It's unfortunate that for some people Slash only has ill-intentions and Axl is an angel. Reality is BOTH of them have done some stupid and dishonest things, but I don't think either of them is a bad person. The fact is they are people like you and me and do make mistakes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »

Slash had a prior bussiness engagement in that city and had said MONTHS earlier he was going to check out the band.

The Vegas shows were announced just a few weeks before the shows took place. Not months.

It's unfortunate that for some people Slash only has ill-intentions and Axl is an angel.

You don't find the coincidence that he was out of the spotlight and the fact that he went to tell his story to a radio station somewhat odd?

Nobody gives a fuck because your band isn't getting any headlines any more and then all of a sudden you're in the headlines.....  How convenient!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:42:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »

I think that part of the ongoing Slash vs Axl saga is that Slash enjoys stirring Axl just to keep Axl on his toes.

You know how males often find it hard to express their emotions?

Well, in some bizarre blokey way, Slash is trying to express his.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2007, 02:05:31 PM »

I have no problem with what he did with Adler's Appetite...he went there to support his friend...that is the exact same thing he did or was going to do with Axl. And what better publicity could Axl have had for his new group of employees but to have Slash show up and endorse the group. Slash had a prior bussiness engagement in that city and had said MONTHS earlier he was going to check out the band. Axl's publicist had announced to the media a week or so before the show that Slash or any other ex member would not be allowed at the show, so it wasn't like Slash went out of his way to start having the stroy in the media, it was initiated from Axl's GNR camp.

Would you mind supplying the source of this info, i.e. the direct quote, because some of us find it hard to believe that Slash had such altruistic motives in mind.? Thanks.

I haven't heard that either, that he was saying months in advance he wanted to see the band.

Ali
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »

Slash had a prior bussiness engagement in that city and had said MONTHS earlier he was going to check out the band.

The Vegas shows were announced just a few weeks before the shows took place. Not months.

It's unfortunate that for some people Slash only has ill-intentions and Axl is an angel.

You don't find the coincidence that he was out of the spotlight and the fact that he went to tell his story to a radio station somewhat odd?

Nobody gives a fuck because your band isn't getting any headlines any more and then all of a sudden you're in the headlines.....? How convenient!

/jarmo

Once again Jarmo, you nitpick at every little detail of anyone's comments to try and make Slash and company look bad and Axl look good.? I haven't posted much here in the last year or so and probably won't continue, but you lack any sort of objectivity.? For example, earlier in this thread when you quoted Patience as being written by Stradlin, was that really an objective post?? Slash made a general comment about how he and Duff wrote the Guns songs that they play live and how he has every right to play them.? He was obviously talking about It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone, which have been played live since the start of VR, and possibly, but certainly not definitely, Patience.? This interview was published last week, which likely means that this interview was done before the start of this current tour and before they ever played Patience.?

And even, lets say, it was done after they started playing Patience, is Slash really lying here?? Do you expect him to say something like, "We wrote the Guns songs that we play so we have every right to play them, except for Patience, which was really written by Izzy but we have the songwriting credit?"? He was attempting to deceive anyone; the official release of all Gn'r Lies material (except for the two covers on there) has "Guns N' Roses" as the credits, so Slash was not only not lying or deceiving anyone, but actually telling the truth.? You can comb through dozens of interviews and try to pinpoint Izzy as the songwriter, but you can do that with any song by any band and you'll probably see that different members contribute more or less than other members on certain songs with all members getting equal songwriting credits.? So, again, in a nutshell, you made a post just to make Slash look like a liar just so you can satisfy your ego as the all-mighty defender of the new-Gn'r.? Before I finish, I know you'll twist what I have said here and say something like, "Do you have to bring Axl into every discussion?"? Well the truth is, Jarmo, on this board, yes I do, because virtually everything YOU say, regardless of whether Axl's name is specifically mentioned, revolves around making him look good by making the old members and any naysayers look bad.? VR is out doing their own thing, they've said a few things, especially Slash, that seem contradictory (and I, for one, have criticized Slash and Matt heavily for their comments about Axl actually), and that is worth criticizing.? But if you are going to stoop that low and add the snipper about the Patience songwriting credit or something like that to make Slash look bad, then no level-headed person wants to hear that nonsense.? That's all I've got.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »

here here man beer

Jarmo's anti VR policy does seem to be a way to bolster new gnr support, and to keep people from digging VR.  And honestly, Slash and Axl aren't perfect, both have their faults, and fortunately for us VR fans, Slash's faults don't include not playing music for a decade, or not touring or releasing new albums frequently.  I respect both, but if Jarmo goes on the offensive against VR, it becomes hard to avoid referencing and offending new GNR, whereas, when there are no attacks, its easier to like both bands and respect their music together.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »

Once again, repeated due to the slow minds of certain VR fans: Axl's story doesn't change. Slash's stories change every other week. He keeps talking about Axl in every other interview. Maybe it made sense in 2004 when VR was starting to talk about the past bands, but three years later and they're still going on and on about Axl.

If Axl chooses to give his side of the story one day, I hope you VR fans are open minded. But I assume it'll be "fuck you Axl, you're a liar" like always.

You keep going on and on about their right to play Patience because they "wrote" it.

Duff is the guy who accused Axl of not writing anything, yet Duff and Slash should get credit for Patience when in fact it's one of Izzy's songs. Funny.

Sure, they had part in the recording and added their input to it, but so did Axl.

Scott Weiland is free to slaughter any GN'R classics he wants to. But I don't have to think it's great just because Slash plays guitar on it.

You don't even address the points brought up about how "nice" it was of Slash to try to get into a GN'R show. In the end, he used it for his own publicity in a time the press wasn't exactly filled with Slash headlines..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »

Once again, repeated due to the slow minds of certain VR fans: Axl's story doesn't change. Slash's stories change every other week. He keeps talking about Axl in every other interview. Maybe it made sense in 2004 when VR was starting to talk about the past bands, but three years later and they're still going on and on about Axl.

If Axl chooses to give his side of the story one day, I hope you VR fans are open minded. But I assume it'll be "fuck you Axl, you're a liar" like always.

You keep going on and on about their right to play Patience because they "wrote" it.

Duff is the guy who accused Axl of not writing anything, yet Duff and Slash should get credit for Patience when in fact it's one of Izzy's songs. Funny.

Sure, they had part in the recording and added their input to it, but so did Axl.

Scott Weiland is free to slaughter any GN'R classics he wants to. But I don't have to think it's great just because Slash plays guitar on it.

You don't even address the points brought up about how "nice" it was of Slash to try to get into a GN'R show. In the end, he used it for his own publicity in a time the press wasn't exactly filled with Slash headlines..

/jarmo

I think anything these guys said before VR shouldn't be taken literal , they where drunks and pissed off. I heard about slash trying to get to see GNR , If i was kicked out of my ex bands show for no reason I'd be pretty pissed as well. If axl wanted to see Slash play with VR and got kicked out that be pretty fucked up. Although I do not know the full mechanics of the particular story. I know Izzy wrote it , but Slash , Duff and Axl have a right to play it , since they added their own part to it. I dont think Izzy thought of whistling hahah!! Axl is brought up because interviewers ask the question , I'm sure if Axl did more interviews or when he does them , Slash and Co will be brought up. Anyways what story are you talking about , that doesn't change??

EDIT: And its your opinion that Scott slaughters these GN'R classic as it is ours to say Robin or Ron ruin certain parts of Slash's work such as SCOM intro or PC outro , its all opinion. I respect the fact that you think Scott sucks and he murdered a perfectly amazing song , and you should respect the fact that I think sometimes the guitarist in GNR ruin GNR classics.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:59:23 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

If i was kicked out of my ex bands show for no reason I'd be pretty pissed as well.

If I quit my job and then showed up at the Christmas Party five year later...do you think that they would let me in. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »

If i was kicked out of my ex bands show for no reason I'd be pretty pissed as well.

If I quit my job and then showed up at the Christmas Party five year later...do you think that they would let me in. Wink

Thats different though , because  Christmas Party is a Employee only event , but I do understand where you are coming from bro. A concert is open to public, if Slash paid for a ticket and did nothing wrong why kick him out? A GNR concert isn't something where ONLY people that are in the band can come to , its like if I quit my job and showed up at the same location one day to check out how the store was without me. If im not making a fool outta myself I should be allowed in.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »

Thats different though , because? Christmas Party is a Employee only event , but I do understand where you are coming from bro. A concert is open to public, if Slash paid for a ticket and did nothing wrong why kick him out? A GNR concert isn't something where ONLY people that are in the band can come to , its like if I quit my job and showed up at the same location one day to check out how the store was without me. If im not making a fool outta myself I should be allowed in.

Did Slash pay for a ticket?  I thought he tried to get in on the guest list?  If he had a ticket, you can't turn him away as a venue.  You'd be opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit if you did.

Ali
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

Thats different though , because  Christmas Party is a Employee only event , but I do understand where you are coming from bro. A concert is open to public, if Slash paid for a ticket and did nothing wrong why kick him out? A GNR concert isn't something where ONLY people that are in the band can come to , its like if I quit my job and showed up at the same location one day to check out how the store was without me. If im not making a fool outta myself I should be allowed in.

Did Slash pay for a ticket?  I thought he tried to get in on the guest list?  If he had a ticket, you can't turn him away as a venue.  You'd be opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit if you did.

Ali

Thats what I asked Jarmo , I don't know the full story of it I just know he tried to go see them back in like 02 or something and got kicked out. If he tried to get in on the guest list!!  rofl
Ali
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »

Thats different though , because? Christmas Party is a Employee only event , but I do understand where you are coming from bro. A concert is open to public, if Slash paid for a ticket and did nothing wrong why kick him out? A GNR concert isn't something where ONLY people that are in the band can come to , its like if I quit my job and showed up at the same location one day to check out how the store was without me. If im not making a fool outta myself I should be allowed in.

Did Slash pay for a ticket?? I thought he tried to get in on the guest list?? If he had a ticket, you can't turn him away as a venue.? You'd be opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit if you did.

Ali

Thats what I asked Jarmo , I don't know the full story of it I just know he tried to go see them back in like 02 or something and got kicked out. If he tried to get in on the guest list!!? rofl

It doesn't seem like he paid for a ticket:

Slash, who quit the group in 1996 and later formed Slash's Snakepit, said he was in Vegas on vacation when he learned that GN'R would be playing there in two weeks' time, on New Year's Eve and two days before. He said he made some calls and got on the guest list for the December 29 show via the venue and the promoter.

Ali
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »

Ali

Thats what I asked Jarmo , I don't know the full story of it I just know he tried to go see them back in like 02 or something and got kicked out. If he tried to get in on the guest list!!  rofl

Slash, who quit the group in 1996 and later formed Slash's Snakepit, said he was in Vegas on vacation when he learned that GN'R would be playing there in two weeks' time, on New Year's Eve and two days before. He said he made some calls and got on the guest list for the December 29 show via the venue and the promoter.

Ali

Where's that from?  Well I mean he was on the guest list so he should've been allowed in anyways , eh what does it matter he wasn't let in/kicked out big whoop.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »

So, I'm really amazed to meet people that are like, "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."

Imagine you were uninformed enough to attend a concert not knowing who is in the band.? At that point you MUST have learned that Slash quit the band 10 years ago.? But when you run into Slash a few days later you would say "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."? hihi Grin

Believe it or not, THERE are people outside that like GN'R, but have NO idea of who is in the band or supposed to be in the band. And I'm telling you 'cause Ive been in 5 GN'R concerts and in those 5 concerts people have been shocked that there are no gunners left, I mean no one gives a shit bout Dizzy anyway. But its was even funny people asking for Slash, or Duff or even Matt! lol  I mean,we know shit here because we love this fuckin band. but that make us a fuckin 10% of a whole crowd.

If the world would end today... Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2007, 07:49:14 PM »

So, I'm really amazed to meet people that are like, "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."

Imagine you were uninformed enough to attend a concert not knowing who is in the band.  At that point you MUST have learned that Slash quit the band 10 years ago.  But when you run into Slash a few days later you would say "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."  hihi Grin

Believe it or not, THERE are people outside that like GN'R, but have NO idea of who is in the band or supposed to be in the band. And I'm telling you 'cause Ive been in 5 GN'R concerts and in those 5 concerts people have been shocked that there are no gunners left, I mean no one gives a shit bout Dizzy anyway. But its was even funny people asking for Slash, or Duff or even Matt! lol  I mean,we know shit here because we love this fuckin band. but that make us a fuckin 10% of a whole crowd.

My point was that MAYBE you could get to the show not knowing who was in the band, but once you were there you HAD to learn that Slash quit years ago Embarrassed...but you would still go up to Slash and say ""Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there." ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »

Nobody gives a fuck because your band isn't getting any headlines any more and then all of a sudden you're in the headlines.....? How convenient!

/jarmo

I was there Jarmo, I think they were announced mid November or so. I had to have time to get plan tickets... I barely made it there.. Walked in, dropped my bags off at the front desk, got two drinks at bar for me and two for friend, went to front row for an amazing concert.? I was so blown away by buckethead that night.? truly special show.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:51:36 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:59 PM »

Did Slash pay for a ticket?? I thought he tried to get in on the guest list?? If he had a ticket, you can't turn him away as a venue.? You'd be opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit if you did.

Ali

Thats what I asked Jarmo , I don't know the full story of it I just know he tried to go see them back in like 02 or something and got kicked out. If he tried to get in on the guest list!!? rofl

Ali

Where's that from?? Well I mean he was on the guest list so he should've been allowed in anyways , eh what does it matter he wasn't let in/kicked out big whoop.

I found it here and it was originally from MTV.com, I think.

Ali
madagas
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:42 PM »

Smoking Guns, I never got to see Bucket with Gnr Angry but I saw him a few times solo....on the front row, completely fucking floored. I've seen Eddie Van Halen, Page, Slash, Townsend, Keith, Clapton, and slews of other great guitarists.....never seen anybody have complete control over their instrument like Bucket. ?ok
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:32 PM »

Ali

He can be turned away by the venue.  The venue is PRIVATE property and they can decide who enters and who can't.  It is just like a department store, they can decide who enters and who can't.  They just allow everyone in because they want to make money and be recognized.  The only thing is, they can't discriminate; that is where a lawsuit would come from.

Slash is one of my favorite guitarists but it would've been funny to see Slash's reaction to Bucket's playing.  Either a laugh or a shock expresion comes to mind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: