Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be released NOV (From Sp1at)  (Read 36461 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2006, 02:25:55 PM »

How in the hell is his voice weaker?  He can hit every note in every song.  He has lost none of his range at all!  Yes, he has to sing differently now than he did back in the day because the way he used to sing put a lot of undue pressure on his vocal cords.  I think he sounds better than ever now.

Ali
Steel_Angel
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2006, 02:27:14 PM »

Oh and for those wondering, Nik_IT pmed me the info. hes such a nice guy, really. even if some of the info is well.. bullshit.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »

How in the hell is his voice weaker?  He can hit every note in every song.  He has lost none of his range at all! 

This is simply not true.  Its like saying how in the hell is Hitler a Nazi?  He's a very nice guy and has a bigger heart than anyone.  To say he's lost no range is like saying Mike Tyson hasn't lost any hand speed.   hihi
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2006, 02:29:17 PM »

How in the hell is his voice weaker?? He can hit every note in every song.? He has lost none of his range at all!?

This is simply not true.? Its like saying how in the hell is Hitler a Nazi?? He's a very nice guy and has a bigger heart than anyone.? To say he's lost no range is like saying Mike Tyson hasn't lost any hand speed.? ?hihi

Has his voice changed? Yes.
Is it weaker/worse? NO.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »

Is it weaker/worse? NO.

Why does his voice almost sound muted in the demos then if its still so powerful?  The music is obviously cranked up to drown out the lost vocal range and power.  To ignore this is simply ignoring reality.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

i cant? Embarrassed im grounded.

No offense, but this says it all.? Many of you are too young to remember Axl back in his prime.? Times are different now and Axl doesn't have that same powerful voice he had back then.? Its going to take a lot of hard work just to make it into the charts here in the U.S.? Releasing an album after 15 years of silence (new material) would prove to be a fatal mistake for GnR.? Axl simply wasted his best years doing nothing truly productive.? For those of you who think I'm just here to bash Axl, you're mistaken.? I'm a huge Axl "fan", but that doesn't stop me from being realistic.?

I remember people complaining about Axl's voice on the Sympathy cover.? Sure, it wasn't as strong, but it was still an awesome performance, IMHO.? Many of GnR's most loyal fans began complaining about Axl's voice as early as TSI.? You can see the grit and power slipping away as he got older.? That's why GnR is in a worse position now than before.? Axl has wasted his better years doing nothing.? If it were Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy, then GnR would survive, because the sound would still rock and people would simply overlook Axl's aging voice.? Now Axl has gone out and hired his own band, and has the audacity to still call them GnR.? People are not going to overlook Axl's weaker voice when the spotlight is squarely upon him now (as opposed to sharing it with Slash).

So even if CD gets released in 2006, people will crash the record stores at first, but once the words get out, sales will plummet quickly.? I'm not even sold that it'll make double-platinum status.? The new songs OK, but most of them lack any type of hook or relevance by now.?

Good post there mate.

Axl's voice is pretty good considering, but youd hope that in the million years hes been a recluse he'd at least have some sort of vocal coaching, gotta do something with all that time!!! Couldnt have been worse than the 2002 tour. ?Hes obviously fucked it though if he has to get on an oxygen mask after every song justabout. Saying that, Id rather hear a bad Axl than another Finck solo!

As for CD, I agree that it'll sell loads upon initial release due to reputation and the GNR name but once people realise its essentially an Axl solo project (yes yes I know what it'll say on the cd cover) the interest will fade considerably. Shit, the new songs that we have heard arent even new anymore, some have been out now for 4 years and IMO that really is taking the piss.

Get on with it Axl!!

p.s The Sympathy cover was shite. The whole thing, not just the vocals.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
SADIS
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »

How in the hell is his voice weaker?? He can hit every note in every song.? He has lost none of his range at all!?

This is simply not true.? Its like saying how in the hell is Hitler a Nazi?? He's a very nice guy and has a bigger heart than anyone.? To say he's lost no range is like saying Mike Tyson hasn't lost any hand speed.? ?hihi

Dude, if you're such an Axl fan why the fuck do you care what other people might think of Axl? I couldn't care less what the main mass of the USA or Europe is gonna think of Axl and his new Guns.

I see you in threads spreading nothing but fear of judgement and you keep saying that you're the biggest Axl fan. Then why do you care about it so much? I consider myself a major Axl fan and a major sceptic but still I can look at this in a positive manner. And fear has taken over you; you're scared Axl might fail. Let it go; Axl doesn't care about it either.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »

I liked it.  Axl's vocals are certainly better than anything I've heard on the CD leaks.  The orchestration of the music is not the best, but it wasn't exactly Slash's decision to allow Huge on the track either...
SADIS
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2006, 02:40:10 PM »

Is it weaker/worse? NO.

Why does his voice almost sound muted in the demos then if its still so powerful?? The music is obviously cranked up to drown out the lost vocal range and power.? To ignore this is simply ignoring reality.

Are you a producer? No, I didn't think so either.

I am; and I can tell you for sure that these are demo's and Axl can nail it real easy since in the studio you can fix anything and you can do it over and over again. I'm even pretty sure that he sang almost all the vocals in 1 cut.

What do you want everyone to say here? That Axl will fail? Cause you keep on going on and on on how Axl's not gonna make it, his voice is weak, the people are not gonna like it bla bla bla. You wnat Axl to read this and start over again? What do you want?

Dude, if you're so scared of failure; Bon Jovi seems to bee scoring pretty high so maybe you can join his forum?
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2006, 02:42:38 PM »

Dude, if you're such an Axl fan why the fuck do you care what other people might think of Axl? I couldn't care less what the main mass of the USA or Europe is gonna think of Axl and his new Guns.

Dude, its gonna matter what people think.  Most people regarded Guns as the biggest band of the day back in the early 90's.  That was because their sound was simply better than everybody else's.  That is not the case these days... times have changed.  It does matter what other's think, because this is NOT Guns N' Roses.  I could live with Axl's loss of vocal power if I still had Slash and Duff up there with him, but he's asking me to accept his weak vocals along with brand new musicians that I care nothing about, all the while expecting me to still call it Guns N' Roses.  confused

I see you in threads spreading nothing but fear of judgement and you keep saying that you're the biggest Axl fan. Then why do you care about it so much? I consider myself a major Axl fan and a major sceptic but still I can look at this in a positive manner. And fear has taken over you; you're scared Axl might fail. Let it go; Axl doesn't care about it either.

Has nothing to do with "fear".   hihi  It has to do with reality, and the reality is, as has been pointed out by OTHERS here is that Axl has promised CD well before 2006 on countless occasions.  I don't fear anything, I see the reality and quite frankly, I could care less.   hihi
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

Are you a producer? No, I didn't think so either.

I am; and I can tell you for sure that these are demo's and Axl can nail it real easy since in the studio you can fix anything and you can do it over and over again. I'm even pretty sure that he sang almost all the vocals in 1 cut.

hihi   I'm sure if you mixed Axl's voice enough, you could get it to sound like Britney Spears.  This proves nothing. rofl  He still has to sing the shit live.   confused
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2006, 02:44:31 PM »

I liked it.? Axl's vocals are certainly better than anything I've heard on the CD leaks.? The orchestration of the music is not the best, but it wasn't exactly Slash's decision to allow Huge on the track either...

Your prob right, although I really really like TWAT - not keen on the others really. But I'll wait to see what CD is like before I really make judgement. Im sure it will be out one day. ?rofl

I just dont like Sympathy because its just pointless, why do a cover of such a classic perfect song? And screw it up.

As for Paul Huge - less said about that the better. I dont blame Slash for bailing with that 'Yoko' around.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2006, 02:54:57 PM »

Your prob right, although I really really like TWAT - not keen on the others really. But I'll wait to see what CD is like before I really make judgement. Im sure it will be out one day.  rofl

The problem I have with most of the new demos, such as TWAT, is that Axl's voice almost sounds like its being drowned out by the music.  Sure, its a demo, but its obviously a somewhat polished demo.  Back in the day, Axl's voice fit perfectly with the raunchy sounds of Slash and Izzy, but now it seems to be an afterthought on the demos.  When his voice is not protected by the music, like on "Better", you can hear him struggle to hit those higher notes (the helium effect).  The same is true on "The Blues".  I'm not seeing any ground breaking or relevant lyrics in the new songs either.  Not a good sign after 15 years of writing...
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2006, 03:05:19 PM »

Your prob right, although I really really like TWAT - not keen on the others really. But I'll wait to see what CD is like before I really make judgement. Im sure it will be out one day.? rofl

The problem I have with most of the new demos, such as TWAT, is that Axl's voice almost sounds like its being drowned out by the music.? Sure, its a demo, but its obviously a somewhat polished demo.? Back in the day, Axl's voice fit perfectly with the raunchy sounds of Slash and Izzy, but now it seems to be an afterthought on the demos.? When his voice is not protected by the music, like on "Better", you can hear him struggle to hit those higher notes (the helium effect).? The same is true on "The Blues".? I'm not seeing any ground breaking or relevant lyrics in the new songs either.? Not a good sign after 15 years of writing...

You would think that after so many years he'd pull out something a little better than Rhiad, or well, Better. After so many years I really dont think that this release will cut it. Adding a few drum loops or nonsense effects does not make something fresh or originial. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. But whatever he does it'll always be compared to the classic line-up. And rightly so.

The demos sound pretty damn good to me (production wise) for demos, although its obvious thats what they are. Mind you, when everyone said how bollocks Oh My God was didnt he say 'Oh but its a demo' or some rubbish like that and then went back into hiding for 3 years.

Hes obviously not going to have the voice he did back in the day due to age etc. it could be worse, but you just have to listen to any live version of Madagascar to realise that hes not what he was. Worrying though by your comments that the only thing thats Guns N Roses about this band is being drowned out by the music cos its not good enough!!!

LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2006, 03:29:50 PM »

Your prob right, although I really really like TWAT - not keen on the others really. But I'll wait to see what CD is like before I really make judgement. Im sure it will be out one day.  rofl

The problem I have with most of the new demos, such as TWAT, is that Axl's voice almost sounds like its being drowned out by the music.  Sure, its a demo, but its obviously a somewhat polished demo.  Back in the day, Axl's voice fit perfectly with the raunchy sounds of Slash and Izzy, but now it seems to be an afterthought on the demos.  When his voice is not protected by the music, like on "Better", you can hear him struggle to hit those higher notes (the helium effect).  The same is true on "The Blues".  I'm not seeing any ground breaking or relevant lyrics in the new songs either.  Not a good sign after 15 years of writing...

You would think that after so many years he'd pull out something a little better than Rhiad, or well, Better. After so many years I really dont think that this release will cut it. Adding a few drum loops or nonsense effects does not make something fresh or originial. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. But whatever he does it'll always be compared to the classic line-up. And rightly so.

The demos sound pretty damn good to me (production wise) for demos, although its obvious thats what they are. Mind you, when everyone said how bollocks Oh My God was didnt he say 'Oh but its a demo' or some rubbish like that and then went back into hiding for 3 years.

Hes obviously not going to have the voice he did back in the day due to age etc. it could be worse, but you just have to listen to any live version of Madagascar to realise that hes not what he was. Worrying though by your comments that the only thing thats Guns N Roses about this band is being drowned out by the music cos its not good enough!!!

I honestly believe Axl may have just ruined everything.  His motivation, his band, everything.  He obviously has a "me first" attitude about the business.  Neither Slash nor Bucket left because of Axl's voice.  Its a lot easier to look past Vince Neil's whiny old voice, because you have the originals behind him.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2006, 03:31:07 PM »

FYI, every album released by a major artist has a huge initial run during the first few weeks of a release, and then sales taper off. ?GNR would be no exception. ?BTW, Greatest Hits, which more than recouped the recording costs of CD, just entered it's 118th week straight in the top 100. ?That is the longest streak of any album currently on the charts. ?It has gone 3x Platinum in the U.S., and 7x Platinum worldwide. ?While that does not predict CD sales, it gives one an idea that there are many people out there who will buy this album.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »

the mix will be as perfect as possible on the album I'm sure...problem is that you can't please everybody. and no matter how 'perfect' the album is....there will still be people that hate it. A perfect record is unattainable, it's an impossible task.

Back on topic, the 'insiders' have been saying a release date is imminent since the leaks. I guess now it's REALLY imminent hihi

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2006, 03:35:44 PM »

its a demo. don't blame axl for the mix.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Olorin
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »

Your prob right, although I really really like TWAT - not keen on the others really. But I'll wait to see what CD is like before I really make judgement. Im sure it will be out one day.? rofl

The problem I have with most of the new demos, such as TWAT, is that Axl's voice almost sounds like its being drowned out by the music.? Sure, its a demo, but its obviously a somewhat polished demo.? Back in the day, Axl's voice fit perfectly with the raunchy sounds of Slash and Izzy, but now it seems to be an afterthought on the demos.? When his voice is not protected by the music, like on "Better", you can hear him struggle to hit those higher notes (the helium effect).? The same is true on "The Blues".? I'm not seeing any ground breaking or relevant lyrics in the new songs either.? Not a good sign after 15 years of writing...

His vocals are much higher in the alternate demo that came out, same vocal performance but the music is not so dominating. I really doubt that the vocals are intentinally low in the mix, its just what that mix sounded like, mabye they wanted to hear the guitars or mabye nobody had sorted the production - but its not like were intended to hear them.
ROSE22
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2006, 03:54:27 PM »

I honestly believe Axl may have just ruined everything.? His motivation, his band, everything.? He obviously has a "me first" attitude about the business.? Neither Slash nor Bucket left because of Axl's voice.? Its a lot easier to look past Vince Neil's whiny old voice, because you have the originals behind him.
you are an idiot sir and i hope your stay here will be short. you shit out your warped opinions like they are facts and everyone who thinks otherwise is out of their minds. go away you miserable little puke.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: