Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WES BORLAND TO REPLACE BUCKETHEAD?!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WES BORLAND TO REPLACE BUCKETHEAD?!  (Read 24514 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »

Izzy, why do you post here if you don't even like the band?  Huh Finck and Fortus are both just mind-boggling, IMO.

Because i'm a massive fan of Axl Rose. I can't help it if he surrounds himself with the musicians he does.

I continue to follow GNR because of Axl Rose. Unlike some people i don't automatically love whoever Axl works with.

When they produce quality music i will gladly applaud. But i'll wait till then before i run my mouth about how 'good' they alledgedly are.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2004, 04:32:28 PM »

the truth is there isn't ANYONE who could join that everyone would be happy with. ...... is there?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2004, 04:33:54 PM »

the truth is there isn't ANYONE who could join that everyone would be happy with. ...... is there?

Slash
Izzy
Gilby

Quick! To the bandwagon!
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2004, 04:41:43 PM »

From the GNR press release Lisbon cancellation;

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

ie. they have a new guitarist lined up who will not only help to finish the album but will also take it that 'one step further'.

From Wes Borlands Eat the Day website;

I also have another possible massively cool (in my book anyway) project coming up that I can't tell you anything about except that I think it's...well great, obviously."

Do the math. If Buckethead is leaving GNR and they are not touring without him then they are shopping for a new 3rd Guitarist. Borland would have to be on Axl's list of potential replacements and he would be the perfect fit for the new band! In terms of pulling power he would actually give the new GNR that extra bit of credibility to not only the record but also a tour.

If you are trying to appeal to the 'nu-metal' crowd then who better than THE nu-metal guitarist!

What's ironic that in some quarters Buckethead was always held up as a Borland wannabe!

Let's all hope that Borland helps finish the album, it's released for Christmas, he get's offered and agrees to tour and we can all get on with our lives! Enough already!

this is just sad... saome patience man

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2004, 04:45:15 PM »

As long as Finck or Fortus aren't playing lead i don't care who is on lead, even if its Axl........

Just keep the rest of them from ruining any more solo's.....poor November Rain, poor Sweet Child.....u inhuman monsters!!!!!!!!

I really don't understand people who are still saying things like you do Izzy. You guys must (still):

- be frustrated by the fact that Izzy and Slash are gone ,
- or be very limited in 'hearing' music (I am glad Axl is everything but that),
- want to be GN'R's guitarist yourselfs (is that it???),
- have little respect for people who work hard in an attempt to achieve great things,
- be unable to enjoy new things,
- or be a negative person in general

The good thing is however, all these things can be worked on!! You only need the will (to improve your life) and you can't be lazy.  ok

And please, try to give your upinion about a person or their work with respect in the future. Most of the times they deserve it. You'll find it will actually get you a lot further. Cool

Good luck and good bye!

N ! 3 |(
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 04:49:23 PM »

Izzy, why do you post here if you don't even like the band?  Huh Finck and Fortus are both just mind-boggling, IMO.

When they produce quality music i will gladly applaud. But i'll wait till then before i run my mouth about how 'good' they alledgedly are.

You don't wait Izzy! Instead you run your mouth about how 'bad' they alledgedly are!!

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 04:50:28 PM by Nicos » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 04:52:49 PM »

As long as Finck or Fortus aren't playing lead i don't care who is on lead, even if its Axl........

Just keep the rest of them from ruining any more solo's.....poor November Rain, poor Sweet Child.....u inhuman monsters!!!!!!!!

I really don't understand people who are still saying things like you do Izzy. You guys must (still):

- have little respect for people who work hard in an attempt to achieve great things,

The good thing is however, all these things can be worked on!! You only need the will (to improve your life) and you can't be lazy.  ok

And please, try to give your upinion about a person or their work with respect in the future. Most of the times they deserve it. You'll find it will actually get you a lot further. Cool

Good luck and good bye!

N ! 3 |(

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic

I disagree with you aboout music and i'm wrong? What kind of fascist are you?

Since when has there been one doctrine?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2004, 05:01:12 PM »

90 % of those kids could smoke Buckethead, Johnny5, and Wes Borland anyway

BS, maybe they can kick Borland's en 5's ass, but the only guy that could -smoke- Buckethead was Shawn Lane (RIP). Nobody else..

-PEACE-
Ever heard of Michael Angelo, Tony Rice, John Petruccie, Yngwie Malmsteen etc..?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2004, 05:23:10 PM »

Good luck and good bye!

N ! 3 |(

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic

I disagree with you aboout music and i'm wrong? What kind of fascist are you?

Since when has there been one doctrine?

You are wrong about being disrespectful. Again.

N ! 3 |(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:24:45 PM by Nicos » Logged
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2004, 05:23:44 PM »

Izzy, the fact is that Finck and Fortus *ARE* both great guitar players, and I think you're just sour that Slash or Bucket isn't playing. I happen to love both of them, not just because they play behind Axl, but because they do the band and the music justice...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2004, 05:40:26 PM »

Izzy, the fact is that Finck and Fortus *ARE* both great guitar players,

Stating opinions as fact?

Evidence please, for example: superb riff or solo they have written.

They are both competant guitarists. My whole point is thatr they aren't great though.

and I think you're just sour that Slash or Bucket isn't playing.

I don't try and psychoanalyse you. Please don't try and psychoanalyse me.

I happen to love both of them,

Good for you. Doesn't change their ability though.

they do the band and the music justice...

Hmm, the way Finck butchered sweet child o'mine and November Rain inclines me to disagree

Finck's daft onstage movements and costumes also hardly do the band worthy.

As support players i don't have a problem with them. There good enough

As GNR's lead guitarists, as the men charged with replacing the ability of Buckethead and Izzy and Slash and Gilby....thats where i have a problem with them.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:53:12 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2004, 05:41:04 PM »

Yea.  You guys are right!  Any guitarist who can play Holy Wars...The Punishment Due, better than the guy who wrote it, is a really shitty guitar player.  Lets not get him in GNR.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of the guy, but I give credit where its due.  LB was kind of a restraining band-which is why he left them, and as said above-solo projects dont always show a players talent.  Buckethead has some tracks that just sound like odd sound effects for christs sake!
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2004, 08:20:40 PM »

Izzy, the fact is that Finck and Fortus *ARE* both great guitar players,

hihi :hihi:Good One!!!
Fortus isn?t that bad but come on, Robin Fink??
He totally sucks!!!
Waaaaaait,dont talk that easy, It would be gnr?s apocalipsis if axl started to play lead!!!!!!
and I think you're just sour that Slash or Bucket isn't playing.

Do you know what hapens??
Slash, Izzy or Gilby are GnRs guitaar players.They are the only ones to fit there.Of course Buckethead plays fast, and Fortus isn?t bad, but they dont fit in in the REAL GnR.Know What I?m saying??
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 08:23:58 PM by Slashly » Logged

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2004, 09:15:05 PM »

What makes Gilby more of a GNR player? Finck's been in the band longer than Gilby ever was. And Izzy, I'll call you and say I think Finck plays the SCOM solo *better* than Slash. Yep.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2004, 09:24:08 PM »

And Izzy, I'll call you and say I think Finck plays the SCOM solo *better* than Slash. Yep.

hihi Izzy, let me take these one for you.
 :hihi:Seems a lot of people here make really good jokes.
First, Fink is a great guitar player hihi, and then Fink plays one of slash?s  best solos better than slash himself, for gos fucking sake!!!
What makes Gilby more of a GNR player?

Maybie the fact that he was chosen by the real GnR guitar player(slash obviously) and by the fact he was in the last GnR encarnation(the  one that didnt cancel tours and the one that  puted  out cds)
C?m on, I cant belive that there are people who think Fink plays better and fits better in GnR than Gilby....

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2004, 10:02:34 PM »

Michael Angelo, Tony Rice, John Petruccie, Yngwie Malmsteen would all make me puke.

I want someone under the age of 80 in GNR. Let's suggest all the old farts!!!!!
Even Brian May....  too many horrible suggestions.

Michael Angelo sounds to ponsy anyhow.  I suggest he change his fake name to Leonardo DaVinci.

Damnit... If I wanted another 80's Cock-Rock band - I would be here - But I want something innovative....
If you had some taste and was considering Devin Townsend in your wet dreams of grandeur I would agree - but this whole conversation is lunacy.......

Wait and see.......but for god's sake no Malmsteen or anyone else out of the retirement home - get real!!!!

I really think Nigel Tufnel is the best replacement  rofl
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 10:08:57 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2004, 03:00:24 AM »

I think Finck plays the SCOM solo *better* than Slash. Yep.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2004, 03:22:30 AM »

Damnit... If I wanted another 80's Cock-Rock band - I would be here - But I want something innovative....

I really think Nigel Tufnel is the best replacement  rofl

I'd take Nigel over Wes Borland anyday, seriously.  How is anything related to the vomit-inducing genre of nu metal "innovative" anyway???  

Axl has already shitted his credibility away, and hiring some goon like Borland would be the final nail in his coffin.  I think everyone here realizes that 95% of rock fans would never accept a clown like that playing for "Guns N' Roses."  Hell, 95% of rock fans are already pissed-off enough because Slash is gone.  Buckethead are Finck are bad enough (if for their freaky image alone; they are good, maybe even great, players, don't get me wrong) as the fans are concerned, but I have a feeling Axl would be receiving death threats if he were to ever stoop that low.

Sadly, I have a feeling Axl might actually consider a Wes Borland, knowing how desperate he seems to stay "relevant."  Hell, as long as he's making his alternative-rock album, he might as well get a guitarist from that era who can play.  I would suggest Jerry Cantrell, late of Alice in Chains.  Now, I think he could do Slash's solos justice in concert, and act some real creative spark to the band.  And he has credibility with rock fans, being as Alice in Chains were one of the most beloved rock bands of the ?90s - and rightfully so.  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this (at least to my knowledge).

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2004, 03:29:08 AM »

I would suggest Jerry Cantrell

Me too
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2004, 03:43:55 AM »

What makes Gilby more of a GNR player? Finck's been in the band longer than Gilby ever was. And Izzy, I'll call you and say I think Finck plays the SCOM solo *better* than Slash. Yep.

I agree I totally love him on SCOM, OTGM, TB and his parts in ISE, YCBM as well. I like his part in NR too, although I think he could do better.

I don't like Bucket's part in NR, I miss the (original) emotion there. However I love his parts on several other songs.

I'm impressed by Richards rhythm work but can't be that impressed by his solo parts yet. I look forward to his work on CD because Axl seems pritty impressed by him.

Slash still is a God I think for creating some of the most important guitar stuff in Rock 'N' Roll history.

N ! 3 |(

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: