Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info  (Read 28673 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: June 14, 2004, 07:30:27 PM »

Hey, all... Told you I tend not to post unless I have something interesting to post about - and this qualifies, although barely in my eyes.  It, as everything else, needs time to either sizzle or fizzle.

If you recall a number of months ago I discussed the very real possibility that an agreement had been entered into between GNR & Interscope in regards to "We wont release GH if you guarantee CD by 'X' date" - As we all know now, GH came out - despite legal efforts to quash its release.

One thing that I've found really interesting is that, since the lawsuits, it seems most of the information 'sources' have dried up.. I've been told on a couple of different occasions, myself, to "stop asking because there's nothing to talk about".. that was until yesterday, when I spoke to my main 'contact' (guy who works in Florida radio - Program Director of a rather large non Clear Channel rock station.. known him for years, etc, etc, etc.) - Conversation went basically like this:

me: Hey, so its like, been a while, anything new on the GNR front?

him: Yeah, it has.. if June 30 really was a 'deadline' as I was led to believe, then it seems that there will be some sort of 'announcement' shortly thereafter.. my guess would be July 1st or 2nd, but probably they'd wait til after the Holiday weekend.

me: What kind of announcement - like an album release date or a single release date or something along those lines?

him: Who knows - given the roller coaster that is Guns its as likely to be a 'Interscope drops GNR' press release as it is 'and now, the hot new GNR single'

me: Well, thanks for being oh so encouraging as always.

him: There is one thing, though..which is kind of wild.

me: What's that?

him: You do know how like, we can take money to play tracks now, right?  officially?  We just have to announce the track / artist ahead of time and say, for instance, "And now, Velvet Revolver's Set me Free presented by Universal" or whatever.

me: Yeah, I read about that on Slashdot.

him: Well - last week I got an inquiry from Sanctuary in regards to 'ad rates' for that type of play..we dont really play bands that are on the Sanctuary label - except for, well, Guns..but they're on Interscope.. so who the hell knows.

me: Intriguing.. any other info from the contact?

him: Naah, just that they would follow up with a faxed and mailed inquiry on letterhead and I was asked if I knew any 'complimentary markets' to my own, and if I knew PDs or whatever that worked there.. I gave a couple names.. and the guy asks me "These aren't Clear Channel stations, right?" so I'm like "no, fuck Clear Channel" (yes, I said this) and the guy kind of laughs and goes "yeah, excellent".. and ended the conversation.

me: Cool - well will you let me know when you get the ROI via Fax or Snail Mail (Request For Information)

him: Already got the fax.. but was told the letter would have 'more info' - so I'm waiting.

me: Thanks - ciao for now

him: dont read too much into this .. its Guns.. never get your hopes up when it comes to Guns.. this project's had more false starts than Special Olympics runners.

me: (cracking up at that comment and ending the convo)

So, that's it in a nutshell.. don't know what it means, if anything.. probably doesn't mean dick - but, on the off chance it does, thought I'd share.  Feel free to analyze, flame, attack, talk, discuss, question, etc.

As always, if I get any more info - positive, negative, or neutral, I'll be sure to share it.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 07:40:16 PM »

dont read too much into this ..

Exactly.  ok

Sorry, but how many times have your "sources" been correct? What happened to that photo shoot?

To me this looks like another guy who traded in his "fax machine" for another source.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 07:43:22 PM »

A Jarmo response... how... aperpoe.

My guess on the photo shoot is you dont release pictures when there's no product to promote with said pictures, but what do I know.

My 'sources' (a word I despise) are only as accurate as the information given to them.. that information is based upon the events at that moment.. things change, alot.  I've never seen a more... fluid enigma of a band than Guns... scary stuff.

-darknemus

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 07:46:38 PM »

i personaly dont need that, i dont need that shit, in my life hihi

na, thanx dude beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 07:47:44 PM »

My guess on the photo shoot is you dont release pictures when there's no product to promote with said pictures, but what do I know.

My 'sources' (a word I despise) are only as accurate as the information given to them.. that information is based upon the events at that moment.. things change, alot.  I've never seen a more... fluid enigma of a band than Guns... scary stuff.

-darknemus

About your pics, well robin said thru this webmaster there was never a photo shoot, well he said robin was not at it, so same thing.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 07:51:10 PM »

thanks for info dark ok let us know what happens, thanks

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 07:52:26 PM »

Not my pics.. lol.. last time I talked to that guy was 4 months ago.. I've left him a couple voicemails, but I know how his business is and he's busy, to state the least... however, we can have that debate in another thread.. if it happened, it happened - if it didnt, it didnt.. the way I see it, it wouldn't matter much anyway right now as pretty much all current promo pics (if any exist) would have to be scrapped due to the lineup changing.. well, solo shots might still be used.. but there would probably be a 'motif' the photog would want to go with for a new shoot.. so who knows.

We can take the photo thing to PMs if you want or we can revise the old thread.. as far as I'm concerned this is different.. (different person, too - but that's my take.. perhaps yours is different)

-darknemus

odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »

Thanx Darknemus, hice to have something to hold on too even if its just bullshit rumors.
Keep us updated
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 08:16:50 PM »

Thanks for the info dark, as always very informative and entertaining. If the ball has been pushed into motion (however slow) it would make sense. With the BTM at the end of the month they should strike while the iron is hot. Sure GnR hasn't done much that they should do, but eventually they have to act on something if they ever plan on releasing the album. On a slightly related note, the always contoversial GNFR.COM has reapeared........ however unattached to the band people think the site is, it always manages to start up just before some kind of activity with the band.... Axl usually tends to put that activity to an instant hault, but none the less, it always coincides with band related news...... So I wouldn't discount darks info.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 08:28:14 PM »

So I wouldn't discount darks info.

What makes him more credible than the guys who have fax machines or met Axl in Chile?

Even Danny managed to get one rumor right...  Roll Eyes

His posts are so vague that he always can say "Axl changed his mind". So there's no need for his "info" to be correct because it's always Axl's fault.... That must be really conveniant.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 08:31:55 PM »

Did you mean "? propos"?

Anyway, thanx for sharing. It's probably nothing but who knows...If some sort of press release could come out, that'd be great.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 09:31:51 PM »

Does geffen own both interscope and Santuaryy?
I think so, and geffen owns gnr so it doesnt really matter which lable puts out CD they are all the same no?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 09:32:04 PM »

thanks dude..  like the Axl sigting i just file them away in my brain and take them for what they are worth... anyways it gives me something to think about at work when im fucking bored...

could be true... thanks for taking the time to post it though..
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 09:48:58 PM »

in regards to my misspelling of 'a propos' - yep, sure did.. my bad.. See, even Me, Mr. Grammar, makes spelling errors Smiley

In regards to my info being 'vague' - I share it as it comes.. I dont sugar coat it or imbelish it for hype's sake...no need to.. they're little tidbits of info - they come my way every now and again, I share them - its that simple.  If you think I sit there and fabricate pretend conversations with friends of mine then.. well.. thats your deluded thought process, not my own.

I value honesty and integrity.. I had to pass a polygraph test in order to work on Department of Defense (Military) contracts in the past.. I've got a family and a pretty decent job not to mention a damn good social circle, in my opinion.. I have no interest.. that's right, NO interest in duping a bunch of people online.

I've said it before but I'll say it again - I'm a fan.. just like everyone else... the only 'ulterior motive' I might be accused of having is that I hope my posting anything I find out can lead to either further confirmation / tacit denial from the real 'insiders' - a character description I've never claimed to fit.

So, now that I've been corrected in the err of my ways in regards to my lack of a grasp on a foreign language word, continue with the debate / discussion Smiley

re: what label puts out CD?  dave, I really don't know.  I *THINK* Sanctuary Records is a separate label without any parent ownership by UMG (Universal / Geffen / Interscope / whatever you want to call them this week) but I'd have to look into it.

-darknemus

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 09:50:57 PM »

I think so, and geffen owns gnr so it doesnt really matter which lable puts out CD they are all the same no?
Interscope is the parent company of Geffen (edit: since the release of OMG, which was under the interscope label David Geffen has taken control back of Geffen Records which i belive is still under the Universal Group). Sanctuary has nothing to do with Interscope, they are a smaller label based out of the UK and have managment teams based in NY and LA. Sanctuary was formed inpart by Doug Goldstein which is why GnR are represented by Sanctuary.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:54:18 PM by C0ma » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 10:01:22 PM »

I dont buy any of this...

For all this guys investigating (and speculating), whats come of it?  Has any of his "inside info" shown to have any substance?

However, his posts are slightly more interesting than "Kurt Vs Axl!" or "Whos singin in the dont cry video?"...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 10:06:21 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 10:01:47 PM »

now that I've been corrected in the err of my ways in regards to my lack of a grasp on a foreign language word

Don't worry man, it was just a plain and honest question. English is not my first language so I was wondering if maybe it was a word I didn't know or if you were talking about the French word I mentioned. No worries! Wink peace

Anyways, Coma pretty much summed up the Geffen/ Universal/ Interscope deal. Geffen does NOT own Interscope, Universal or Sanctuary in any way. Sanctuary is really a totally different entity and I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the new album will be released on Sanctuary Records.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 10:03:17 PM »

Interscope is the parent company of Geffen (edit: since the release of OMG, which was under the interscope label David Geffen has taken control back of Geffen Records which i belive is still under the Universal Group). Sanctuary has nothing to do with Interscope, they are a smaller label based out of the UK and have managment teams based in NY and LA. Sanctuary was formed inpart by Doug Goldstein which is why GnR are represented by Sanctuary.

I thought sanctary was the uk part of geffen

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »

I believe Sanctuary is it's own free standing label, under no corporate umbrella.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 10:42:22 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up falcon, I wasnt sure.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: