Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info  (Read 28869 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 10:55:42 PM »

If somehow Sanctuary ended up with CD, it might be the best thing that could happen.

Sanctuary has been slowly approaching the best music management personel in the business.  Obviously, Goldstein is there, Carl Stubner was recently brought on as well, only to opt for a similar position at Immortal Entertainment..

CD would be the most prominent release in the labels history and would without doubt, get the labels full promotional blitzkrieg.  

They have absolutley no corporate entity to answer to and are generally recognized as a music label owned by music lovers.

I think we all agree CD deserves the best possible promotion and backing from whomever releases it.   With the constant state of flux that goes with Interscope/Geffen et al, maybe Sanctuary could provide the stability to stick with the record and give it the best possible chance for long legs.

Speculating of course...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 10:59:28 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 10:56:01 PM »

Please dark, stop taking everything I say so seriously. You only end up embaressing yourself.

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 11:03:30 PM »

Please dark, stop taking everything I say so seriously. You only end up embaressing yourself.

Oops, my bad Wink

rofl rofl

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 11:12:28 PM »

Thanks for passing that along dark.I find it interesting how the rumor mill allways starts in the summer
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 11:21:45 PM »

him: Yeah, it has.. if June 30 really was a 'deadline' as I was led to believe, then it seems that there will be some sort of 'announcement' shortly thereafter.. my guess would be July 1st or 2nd, but probably they'd wait til after the Holiday weekend.
Well after you told this supposed piece of information it couldn't get me thinking but of the Guns N' Roses:Behind the Music which has been pushed back several times to finally air on Wednesday Jun. 30 at 11/10c AM:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/81346/episode_about.jhtml

Does anyone think this is a coincidence or in-directly related to the subject darknemus is speaking of?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 11:26:43 PM »

him: Yeah, it has.. if June 30 really was a 'deadline' as I was led to believe, then it seems that there will be some sort of 'announcement' shortly thereafter.. my guess would be July 1st or 2nd, but probably they'd wait til after the Holiday weekend.
Well after you told this supposed piece of information it couldn't get me thinking but of the Guns N' Roses:Behind the Music which has been pushed back several times to finally air on Wednesday Jun. 30 at 11/10c AM:

Does anyone think this is a coincidence or in-directly related to the subject darknemus is speaking of?

Maybe the show is it

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 11:26:46 PM »

Well remember, the June 30 date originally reared its ugly head as some sort of conditional 'release CD by this date' date or else Gh would be released.  This was, supposedly, the reason the GH release got delayed the first time.  Then, supposedly, 'all hell broke loose' and GH wound up coming out, anyway..

I have no way of knowing for sure if that date was really part of an ultimatum or not - its just the info my 'source' (again, horrible word) got..

I'm just letting you know the origin for that date.. and that was back during the first GH delay.. which was when, November?

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 11:32:43 PM »

if CD is released on Sanctuary, wouldn't GnR have to be dropped by Geffen?

wouldn't that require some sort of payout from axl?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 11:34:05 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 11:36:30 PM »

hihi :hihi:more false starts than special olympic runners hihi hihi hihi hihi

why is that funny?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 11:48:14 PM »

If somehow Sanctuary ended up with CD, it might be the best thing that could happen.

Sanctuary has been slowly approaching the best music management personel in the business.  Obviously, Goldstein is there, Carl Stubner was recently brought on as well, only to opt for a similar position at Immortal Entertainment..

CD would be the most prominent release in the labels history and would without doubt, get the labels full promotional blitzkrieg.  

They have absolutley no corporate entity to answer to and are generally recognized as a music label owned by music lovers.

I think we all agree CD deserves the best possible promotion and backing from whomever releases it.   With the constant state of flux that goes with Interscope/Geffen et al, maybe Sanctuary could provide the stability to stick with the record and give it the best possible chance for long legs.

Speculating of course...
That sounds great but,I don't think Sanctuary has enough money to produce CD
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 12:04:10 AM »

Speculating of course...
That sounds great but,I don't think Sanctuary has enough money to produce CD

A bundle of dough has already been spent in producing the thing already...

They wouldn't start from scratch.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2004, 12:32:24 AM »

hihi :hihi:more false starts than special olympic runners hihi hihi hihi hihi

why is that funny?

coz its not Poli Correct... and coz its just damn funny...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2004, 12:37:53 AM »

Well remember, the June 30 date originally reared its ugly head as some sort of conditional 'release CD by this date' date or else Gh would be released.  This was, supposedly, the reason the GH release got delayed the first time.  Then, supposedly, 'all hell broke loose' and GH wound up coming out, anyway..

I have no way of knowing for sure if that date was really part of an ultimatum or not - its just the info my 'source' (again, horrible word) got..

I'm just letting you know the origin for that date.. and that was back during the first GH delay.. which was when, November?

-darknemus

I know what the date means and what the origin of it is. I'm just wondering if the fact that VH1 has been pushing back Guns N' Roses:Behind the Music so much to finally air on that exact date (June 30th) is a coincidence or not.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 12:48:22 AM »

Keep trying GypsySoul......I mean Darknemus....LOL...eventually you'll be right one day.

hihi Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 03:18:20 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2004, 02:14:35 AM »

I believe you, dark. The way I look at it, of all the rumors, one of them, somewhere, somehow, has to be true, and you seem to be very straight-laced about how you go about this "insider information", and you cover all your tracks, instead of saying "my hair-dresser's husband is cousin's with a janitor for Clear Channel" crap. I have no reason *not* to believe you  Smiley

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2004, 02:40:08 AM »

Thanks for a nice and good rumor.... Tongue

But the announcement will be something about the BTM.... I agree on that.

Think about it... Tommy and Brain releasing albums soon and will touring shortly after.... My guess is that we wont see CD before 2005.... Cry
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 06:15:07 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2004, 04:54:07 AM »

Does anyone know the details of Guns record contract, was it a 'produce so and so number of records on our label deal' and is Axl still on this contract? If this is the case then couldnt the greatest hits have been the final CD in the record contract, hence now allowing Guns to leave and seek a new deal!

Also with the avoiding clear channel radio stations, isnt this cutting Guns out of a huge market since Clear Channel is the US's largest radio conglomerate. Does'nt sound very wise!

If this is true, and something does happen then it would be a hell of a way to end my exams, got my last one on July 1st. What a way to end them!!!

Jonx
madagas
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2004, 08:22:54 AM »

What if Axl changed his tune and decided to talk to VH1??? It is possible. If he threw in some info on the album, it is basically free press. I can't think of a better way to begin promotion. Doubt it will happen, but the guy has to respond at some point to all the negative press he gets.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:26:13 AM by madagas » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2004, 08:48:53 AM »

Well remember, the June 30 date originally reared its ugly head as some sort of conditional 'release CD by this date' date or else Gh would be released.

Funny because earlier this year it was May:

Ok, for me to start - I need to invoke a bit of history.  I dont know if you recall the whole 'Greatest Hits' disc fiasco.  At the time I had posted that I had heard it was only pulled on the agreement of an ultimatum regarding CD's release.  At the time, I hadn't been given any sort of time frame.  I just got that part from a friend who works in radio (Program Director for a Rock station in Florida).  He was told 6 months.

He's also been told that CD is to be released prior to the RIR IV show.  A bit more extrapolation + factoring in a bit more info leads to a probable release date of May 25, 2004.  Which, by the way, would be 6 months to the day that the Greatest Hits disc was slated to be released.

Then there was the new single or something:

Contact #1 - the PD person.  This person has told me this.  From what they're hearing, there will be SOME SORT of 'new material' played on the air sometime during the month of January.  This person has emphasized to me that this is EXTREMELY TENTATIVE and that this person actually won't believe anything until he sees it on a memo from an owner - and not just scuttlebutt amongst industry folks.  This person has told me that, to the best of their knowledge, this 'new material' would be in the form of a single.  

We can't forget the photo shoot that apparently didn't involve the whole band since one member denied it even took place.

So sorry for being skeptical when you post info, I've yet to see you getting things right for once.

As far as I know, David Geffen has nothing to do with Geffen Records anymore. He sold the company in the early 90s (or was it late 80s?).

Sanctuary Records isn't part of Universal.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:51:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2004, 09:05:20 AM »

I know what the date means and what the origin of it is. I'm just wondering if the fact that VH1 has been pushing back Guns N' Roses:Behind the Music so much to finally air on that exact date (June 30th) is a coincidence or not.

You want some more coincidence?

June 30th will be exactly 3 months from the date of Axl's press release explaining the BH fiasco and the cancellation of their RIR performance.  Remember in that press release Axl stated:

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months".

Now it wouldn't be very much like Axl Rose to keep his word on that "few months" thing, but it is another piece of coincidence to add to this whole June 30th date that appears to becoming more interesting by the hour.

I know that the original plan for VH1 was to show the BHM and then follow that up with the making of VR thing.  Does anyone know if VH1 also moved the making of VR thing?  If not, it may be that Axl has pull the rug out from under VR and decided to use the BHM thing to his benefit.  Perhaps a coup?  Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

-TyRod-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: