Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info  (Read 28674 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2004, 04:36:54 PM »

Exactly C0ma...

I'd hate to continue turning this into a debate of darknemus' ethics, but come on, alot of people were duped by Latigo (myself included), and the bottom line is simply this: if you weren't there, then you don't understand it, so don't pretend that you do.

Meta, you were in the chat for what, about three weeks? Now, I'd hate to stir up any bad feelings of whatever, since Latigo is a pathetic piece of toxic sludge, (and I've tried patching things up with most people from that chatroom), but still, you did miss out on an awful lot of what happened, stuff that would have made you think "Fuck, maybe, you never know"..but as I said, you missed it, and therefore, I don't think you should comment on it.

Besides, like dark said, he has a family and a job. He doesn't come on here just to post bullshit rumors about Guns. Hell, he hasn't even been online much at all for the past 3 weeks, so I highly doubt that he wanted to get back to a computer just so he can post the rumors that you think he makes up in his head.
He has alot more credibility than most people give him credit for.

-Jeff

P.S: Whoever compared dark to Danny needs to be bitchslapped repeatedly for making such a dumbass comparison.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2004, 05:09:06 PM »

It wasn?t that long ago that darknemus pulled the Latigo stunt.  Let?s recap:

Darknemus claimed to personally have extended conversations with Axl on the phone and on the internet.  Axl, known as ?Latigo? on the GNFNR message board, was a man who posted from a Finnish IP address (darknemus claimed Axl bought a laptop from Finland and used Michael Monroe?s IP, even after Monroe had recently said in an interview that the new GNR ?sucked?).  Latigo also spoke Dutch fluently in chat (wow, Axl speaks Dutch?) and tended to forget critical facts such as Buckethead?s real name and which hand he (Axl) favored, claiming he we left-handed when in reality Axl smokes right-handed, plays guitar right-handed, punches right-handed (St. Louis riot), and best of all, he WRITES right-handed (signing autographs).  But hey, he sings left-handed sometimes!!!  Darknemus was also good friends with another fictitious Rose acquaintance, ?Cookie?, Axl?s make-believe fianc? who worked in a bar in Florida.  Darknemus claimed to have went to her house and saw pictures of her and Axl, who were engaged to be married, yet she mysteriously had a thing for darknemus and flirted with him (boy Axl must have been jealous).  In fact Axl couldn?t break away from his visits to Finland to come and see his to-be wife personally, so she spent New Years with darknemus and they chatted with Axl on the phone.  

To make a long story short, when everyone caught on that this was a fraud, darknemus played like he was duped by this liar named Latigo, hoping everyone would forget the fact that he claimed to have talked personally with Axl on a regular basis, talked with Axl?s sister on the phone, met Axl?s girlfriend and went to her house on a regular basis, saw pictures of Axl & Cookie together at her house, and swapped personal candid photographs with Axl from his personal photo collection, among many other complicit lies.  In fact, almost everything about this scam came directly through darknemus?, yet he tries to this day to play innocent, while he continues to post lies about his make-believe ?contacts?.

I know you guys are hungry for info on Axl, but don?t believe this shit for second unless your into fantasy role-playing?

~M

no offense, but you have your story completely mixed up. that's all i have to say about that.

now you know me better
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

Some of you guys are true fools.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »

Oh boy - looks like someone needs a fact checker.. namely, MetaSoul.

I NEVER claimed to talk to anyone on the phone except for Cookie & Vanessa.. sorry - but since like, your first fact of 'recap' is wrong, do I really need to rip apart the rest of them?

Anyway - in regards to 'what station in Florida' that someone posted.. just because I live in South Florida doesn't mean the station is in my immediate geographical area Wink  I've done alot of consulting work for alot of people - not just in the 'tri county area'

In regards to the rest of it.. who knows - like I said, I'm not going to even begin to think it means anything until I see some sort of.. well.. other activity.. it probably means squat.. but, on the off chance it doesn't - then good, I shared, or something.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2004, 06:24:12 PM »

I just love these insight network music tidbits...Does anyone know anything abou this band anymore? Don't take it personally Dark, I always read whaty you post, but the longer we keep on waiting the more I wonder if anybody, anywhere knows anything about this band.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2004, 06:35:28 PM »

I appreciate what Dark does......Thanks Darknemus for trying to let us all know any info you get even if it is something real small beer

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2004, 06:37:36 PM »

Is it 103.1 the Buzz in West Palm Beach?  That's an infinity station.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2004, 06:37:58 PM »

Here is a sample of when Darknemus went to Cookie?s house, saw pictures of her and Axl together, and logged onto her account as PlatinumStatusChick:

alexGNR : so dark, are you a chick now?
DiabolicalPaperclip : lol
PlatinumStatusChick : Motherfucker - I'm on her account..
PlatinumStatusChick : You can question all you want - I don't blame you - but.. I'm at her house
PlatinumStatusChick : Get it?  at her house?  on HER pic?
PlatinumStatusChick : PC
PlatinumStatusChick : Ty - that I'm either full of crap or Latigo is Axl
PlatinumStatusChick : So wait, what do you guys want to know?
LesPaulSlinger2003 : so shut the fuck up and let the man talk
el_hazardous has left the conversation.
PlatinumStatusChick : That I've seen a pic of them together - yes
PlatinumStatusChick : Ok.. let me tell you what your two options are right now.
fieldsy23 : k
PlatinumStatusChick : #1 - You think that I am full of crap - and have been jerking your chain all along.
PlatinumStatusChick : #2 - I am really at Cookie's house - and Cookie is really involved with Axl and Axl is really Latigo
LaMe-to-uS : he sent an email yesterday from Finland.....
TyRodTulip has joined the conversation.
PlatinumStatusChick : No - he didn't send one from finland..
DiabolicalPaperclip : i thought he did
 PlatinumStatusChick : His 'proxy' is in Finland
PlatinumStatusChick : Meta - please, I'm 28 years old - I've worked for the fucking US Military for 2+ years with a Secret clearance..why the hell would I make this all up?
PlatinumStatusChick : If it were up to me, I'd publish the whole damn album I've seen online.
>end

So, Mr. Secret Clearance military man happens to live 10 miles away from Axl?s fianc? and regularly visits her house where he has personally ?seen? pictures of Axl and her together, along with viewing Axl?s online photo albums, and now he has a ?contact? with inside GNR information?  You?re fucking retarded if you believe that.

In your own words dark, either "#1 - You think that I am full of crap - and have been jerking your chain all along.? or ?#2 - I am really at Cookie's house - and Cookie is really involved with Axl and Axl is really Latigo?.

Which option do you pick now??  Get out your fact-checker...

~M
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2004, 07:05:50 PM »

Here is a sample of when Darknemus went to Cookie?s house, saw pictures of her and Axl together, and logged onto her account as PlatinumStatusChick:

alexGNR : so dark, are you a chick now?
DiabolicalPaperclip : lol
PlatinumStatusChick : Motherfucker - I'm on her account..
PlatinumStatusChick : You can question all you want - I don't blame you - but.. I'm at her house
PlatinumStatusChick : Get it?  at her house?  on HER pic?
PlatinumStatusChick : PC
PlatinumStatusChick : Ty - that I'm either full of crap or Latigo is Axl
PlatinumStatusChick : So wait, what do you guys want to know?
LesPaulSlinger2003 : so shut the fuck up and let the man talk
el_hazardous has left the conversation.
PlatinumStatusChick : That I've seen a pic of them together - yes
PlatinumStatusChick : Ok.. let me tell you what your two options are right now.
fieldsy23 : k
PlatinumStatusChick : #1 - You think that I am full of crap - and have been jerking your chain all along.
PlatinumStatusChick : #2 - I am really at Cookie's house - and Cookie is really involved with Axl and Axl is really Latigo
LaMe-to-uS : he sent an email yesterday from Finland.....
TyRodTulip has joined the conversation.
PlatinumStatusChick : No - he didn't send one from finland..
DiabolicalPaperclip : i thought he did
 PlatinumStatusChick : His 'proxy' is in Finland
PlatinumStatusChick : Meta - please, I'm 28 years old - I've worked for the fucking US Military for 2+ years with a Secret clearance..why the hell would I make this all up?
PlatinumStatusChick : If it were up to me, I'd publish the whole damn album I've seen online.
>end

So, Mr. Secret Clearance military man happens to live 10 miles away from Axl?s fianc? and regularly visits her house where he has personally ?seen? pictures of Axl and her together, along with viewing Axl?s online photo albums, and now he has a ?contact? with inside GNR information?  You?re fucking retarded if you believe that.

In your own words dark, either "#1 - You think that I am full of crap - and have been jerking your chain all along.? or ?#2 - I am really at Cookie's house - and Cookie is really involved with Axl and Axl is really Latigo?.

Which option do you pick now??  Get out your fact-checker...

~M

Nice ok Meta, you're right on the mark. I watched the whole Latigo thing from afar and thankfully never fell for it. Another thing, I have no proof but I'd say Dark created GNFR.com as well. Stupid nonesense riddles about nothing. My point? I tend to believe one post wonders rumors over some of the multi posters.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2004, 07:10:38 PM »

him: Yeah, it has.. if June 30 really was a 'deadline' as I was led to believe, then it seems that there will be some sort of 'announcement' shortly thereafter.. my guess would be July 1st or 2nd, but probably they'd wait til after the Holiday weekend.
Well after you told this supposed piece of information it couldn't get me thinking but of the Guns N' Roses:Behind the Music which has been pushed back several times to finally air on Wednesday Jun. 30 at 11/10c AM:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/81346/episode_about.jhtml

Does anyone think this is a coincidence or in-directly related to the subject darknemus is speaking of?

Maybe they are gonna run a commercial for the new Cd? Or tape something with Axl?
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2004, 07:12:31 PM »

Wow, Meta.. you save more chatlogs than I do.

Yep - that conversation took place.. and yep, I was there.  I was duped.. sorry.. it happens.. but that makes me a co-conspirator?  Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

As far as me creating gnfr.com - I only wish I was that good at captivating people's attention, on and off, for 2 years.

-darknemus

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2004, 07:21:50 PM »

Everyone knows I created gnfr.com anyway.

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2004, 10:23:23 PM »

Yep - that conversation took place.. and yep, I was there.  I was duped..
-darknemus

so explain the pictures you saw?Huh how can you be "duped" when you saw pictures???

name the radio station...

Im in Tampa right now... ill find out.....
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2004, 10:59:40 PM »

A. I'm not about to give you the station name.. the guy's a friend of mine and I don't feel like his being harassed by netizens trying to 'dig deeper'

B. I can explain the pictures easily - I saw them.. there were 3 pictures of her (Cookie) with him (Axl) - at least 2 were taken at different times, as the clothing was different in two of them.  They were all older pictures, I'd say early-mid 90's.. but I can't be sure of that.  One was an arm around shoulder shot, one was two sitting at a table smiling, and one was just standing in a room - (but separated by other people) .. that one looked like some sort of party (and was the one with different clothing from the other two)

The pictures plus the story plus the details plus the 3 billion other little things that happened at the time, I will admit, had me convinced.

I'm still not sure exactly what the explanation is for the photos.. they weren't on a PC or anything - they were 35mm prints, I held one in my hand.. the other two were in frames.

Like Jeff said - you kind of had to be there for 'all of that' to really understand.. but yeah, at the time, I was.. to state the least, convinced.

-darknemus

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2004, 11:17:05 PM »

P.S: Whoever compared dark to Danny needs to be bitchslapped repeatedly for making such a dumbass comparison.

I believe that was jarmo Cheesy time for somebody to bitch slap jarmo.

What Goes around comes around!
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2004, 12:08:12 AM »

i really hate to beat a dead latigo horse any further than necessary, but that girl "cookie" and her friend "latigo" (who might have even been cookie herself) were the real crazy ones. When this was all happening I did searches on the old mygnrforum (the one that posted IPs) and found lots of posts from "Cookie" claiming to know axl, claiming to be vanessa, and basically lots of fucked up shit that were all coming from the same IP. Basically, she is a crazy person who has been pretending to know axl for SEVERAL years. also, latigo posted on that forum also, with the same email he used as latigo.

anyway, she exists. i've heard her have a phone conversation on the phone with craig. she truly believes she knows axl (like i said, she's probably crazy). but don't blame dark for getting caught up in it, cuz they've been doing this online duping thing long before gnfr.com came up.

its a reaaaally long story, and i only bring it up because MetaSoul decided to bring it up to call dark a complete liar based on the latigo thing. i really think we should drop it, cuz i doubt anyone wants to hear the whole long, fucked up story in its entirety.  Undecided

now you know me better
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2004, 12:16:24 AM »

A. I'm not about to give you the station name.. the guy's a friend of mine and I don't feel like his being harassed by netizens trying to 'dig deeper'

B. I can explain the pictures easily - I saw them.. there were 3 pictures of her (Cookie) with him (Axl) - at least 2 were taken at different times, as the clothing was different in two of them.  They were all older pictures, I'd say early-mid 90's.. but I can't be sure of that.  One was an arm around shoulder shot, one was two sitting at a table smiling, and one was just standing in a room - (but separated by other people) .. that one looked like some sort of party (and was the one with different clothing from the other two)

The pictures plus the story plus the details plus the 3 billion other little things that happened at the time, I will admit, had me convinced.

I'm still not sure exactly what the explanation is for the photos.. they weren't on a PC or anything - they were 35mm prints, I held one in my hand.. the other two were in frames.

Like Jeff said - you kind of had to be there for 'all of that' to really understand.. but yeah, at the time, I was.. to state the least, convinced.

-darknemus

cool!thanks for cleaing it up ok

she was prob just some wide eyed fan who got lucky to meet the man twice...

are you sure her name wasnt "lolly" haha
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2004, 12:29:29 AM »

cuz i doubt anyone wants to hear the whole long, fucked up story in its entirety.  Undecided

Oh, come on, Uncle Gunner!  I wanna hear the story!  And you told me you'd never tell that you were listening in on the weirdness that was Cookie Smiley - you evil, evil LIAR!  Wink

Actually - you know what..in all honesty, perhaps it might be time to get ALL the Latigo stuff out in the open - granted, 95% of it wont make sense to most people.. but still, it might at least help explain a bit about where we were coming from (and, specifically, where *I* was coming from at the time)

The question is, how much do I really lay out?  Do I post the pictures we were sent?  Do we ask others on the board / boards to help us possibly identify the real 'culprits' behind the whole Latigo mess?  Or do I just say 'fuck it, let it lie' and go on with life?  I've been real torn over this for a while now - because it really pisses me off royally that people (who don't know me from Adam) assume that I'm the one behind like, all of it.

I wasn't - I'm not - and I think its high time that all of this gets out in the open.  So to you, Cookie, V, Latigo, whoever..that includes the little girl in some of the pictures and the pets and the whatever and the Jussi Kannosto person in Finland and etc etc etc etc.. I think its time this comes to a head.. ALL of it.  I say we just lay the cards on the table and let the 'people' decide.

Besides, I'd LOVE for someone online to be able to positively ID someone in one of those photos.. it'd go a long way to getting closer to the truth.

So let me figure out how to word all of this cohesively and somewhat concisely and I'll do just that.. I'll share the Latigo story - the WHOLE story.. not just the little snippets you may think you know..

You can hate me if you'd like and think I'm some big BS artist with an agenda if it fits in with your 'picture' of the dark one.. but there's one thing I'm not going to allow to happen - and that's for me to be blamed for this specific (the Latigo situation) mess.  

ciao,

-darknemus

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2004, 01:07:11 AM »

WOW I am newer to this board and got to say wow. I got the just of this thread guess i had to be here longer to understand.

Why do people get joys out of starting fake rumors and getting peoples hopes up.?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2004, 01:09:42 AM »

I think its time this comes to a head.. ALL of it.  I say we just lay the cards on the table and let the 'people' decide.

Shit but... nobody cares, so.... who's going to be deciding?   nervous
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: