Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:57:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It appears the RUMOR mill might be cranking back up..a tiny bit of possible info  (Read 28678 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2004, 09:18:58 AM »

What if Axl changed his tune and decided to talk to VH1??? It is possible. If he threw in some info on the album, it is basically free press. I can't think of a better way to begin promotion. Doubt it will happen, but the guy has to respond at some point to all the negative press he gets.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

hihi Imagine Axl waiting until the BTM was 'finished' with their 'final edit' after all the interviews with Slash and Steven, viewing what comments they had to make and then taping a new interview, responding to what Slash and Steven had to say. Then, of course, talking about CD at great length!  hihi

Ahhh...that would be one for the books.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2004, 10:34:22 AM »

So I wouldn't discount darks info.

What makes him more credible than the guys who have fax machines or met Axl in Chile?

Even Danny managed to get one rumor right...  Roll Eyes

His posts are so vague that he always can say "Axl changed his mind". So there's no need for his "info" to be correct because it's always Axl's fault.... That must be really conveniant.

/jarmo

Jarmo is right on this one. Dark = BS. Isn't it funny that his rumors always show up when there is the slightest bit of increased interest in GNR. For example, Tommy does an interview recently saying CD could be done. Dark shows up with BS. Danny=Dark.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2004, 11:44:20 AM »

Yeah, but you're both missing the point.

Everytime Dark does post this information, he constantly stresses that they are possibilities and not to put too much faith in any of them happening. It's just what he heard.

He posts this info and makes it clear it is all conjecture. I'd rather he did this than not bother at all, or posted as if it was definate.

Nothing about the way he writes his info makes me pin all my hopes on that info. so I won't be dissappointed if it doesn't happen.

Thanks for telling what you hear Dark.

@#$%Muther
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2004, 12:39:43 PM »

Yes very good work Dark I dont know if I believe it but, keep posting.
Dont let all the whiners get to you, they are just cranky for not having the CD!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2004, 12:46:27 PM »

I'm in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.  I'm curious to know what non-Clear Channel owned stations could be considered.

The only two rock stations I'm aware of are 94.9 Zeta and Big 106 - both owned by Clear Channel.  They even own the 'top 40' station - Y100, don't they.  Huh
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2004, 01:15:02 PM »

As far as I know, David Geffen has nothing to do with Geffen Records anymore. He sold the company in the early 90s (or was it late 80s?).

Sanctuary Records isn't part of Universal.

/jarmo

Yeah Geffen sold Geffen Records to MCA for an estimated $550 million in 1990, im gonna guess that a large portion of that money came from Guns, since they were responsible for saving the label!

As for the avoiding clear channel rumor, this sounds increddibly stupid, go to:

www.clearchannelsucks.org to the FAQ section

How much of the radio market does Clear Channel control?

According to the "Joint Statement on Current Issues in Radio" issued by many organizations, most notably the RIAA among them, four groups, Chancellor, Clear Channel, Infinity, and Capstar control 63% of Top 40's 61 million listeners nationwide and 56% of Country's 28 million million listeners nationwide.

According to Eric Boehlert's article on Salon.com dated April 30th, 2001, Clear Channel alone controls 60% of Rock radio. Clear Channel owns stations in 247 of the 250 major radio markets.

If the band are trying to avoid clear channel they are gonna be cutting out a huge  number of radio stations, it just seems kind of unbelievable. There is no way management or the label would let it happen, not for something that they have invested millions into!

Corporate scum ey!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2004, 01:27:08 PM »

hihi :hihi:more false starts than special olympic runners hihi hihi hihi hihi

why is that funny?

Q:  What's better than winning a gold medal at the special olympics?

A:  Not being retarded.

Anyways, I think Danny was a lot better with his bullshit.  He injected some humour in there at least (come on, Dolly Parton?).  Don't think he should've been banned.   Undecided
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2004, 01:45:58 PM »

Just to add a little background info to the discussion, for what it's worth...

the company I work for does some work with Clear Channel Entertainment and, more specifically, their CEO Brian Becker. Anway, all I wanted to add was that Clear Channel Entertainment is the division that focuses on live entertainment (ie: concerts), whereas the radio division is pretty much separate. I don't really know too much other than that, but they seem to me like somewhat distinct entities, so I dont know if having beef with Clear Channel Entertainment would necessarily tie into a beef with the Clear Channel radio people.

but on a side note, if i ever meet brian becker, i'll be sure to ask him about gnr  ok (unless i think i could get in trouble with my bosses for doing that  hihi)

now you know me better
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2004, 01:45:59 PM »

David Geffen sold Geffen records in 1990 to MCA, then formed Dreamworks in 1994. In 1995 Seagrems bought the Universal Group and took control of A&M, Geffen and Interscope eventually fold the three into Interscope. Recently with in the last few years Geffen as part of Dreamworks SKG sold the Dreamworks Recording label to Unviversal which has since formed Universal/A&M/Dreamworks, leaving Geffen to be run as a seperate entity......... which is being headed by..................... Drum Roll.............................David Geffen

So he is infact back in his original company (as a figure head more than anything)

"According to Eric Boehlert's article on Salon.com dated April 30th, 2001, Clear Channel alone controls 60% of Rock radio. Clear Channel owns stations in 247 of the 250 major radio markets."
To me that number sounds way off (%60)....and for every major market that clear channel owns a station in, you will probably find an infinty station also. Think about Howard Stern, he was only aired on 6 CC stations, and in five of those markets he has the availablity to move to an infinity station as soon as the CC contract issues clear up (of course he will be off the air all together by then, or at least on XM)
I'm not trying to argue the size of CC, but to think that a label can't find a Rock Station in most major markets that isn't owned by CC is ridiculous

Edit: For Example CC doesn't own a Rock Radio Station in Boston which is one of the ten largets radio markets in the US
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 01:53:51 PM by C0ma » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2004, 02:31:28 PM »

Recently with in the last few years Geffen as part of Dreamworks SKG sold the Dreamworks Recording label to Unviversal which has since formed Universal/A&M/Dreamworks, leaving Geffen to be run as a seperate entity......... which is being headed by..................... Drum Roll.............................David Geffen

http://new.umusic.com/Labels.aspx?Group=1 still lists Geffen Records as part of the Universal Music Group.

Universal Music was the one who released/promoted Greatest Hits as well as the DVDs in Europe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2004, 02:41:48 PM »

From the Hollywood Reporter:

As for the record company, once its sale is complete, sources suggested, DreamWorks Records could become an imprint under Iovine, with Interscope Geffen A&M changing its name to Interscope A&M DreamWorks. Geffen, which absorbed MCA Records in May, would then become a stand-alone company.

The DreamWorks deal comes only weeks after UMG announced that about 1,350 of its staffers would be let go as part of a cost-cutting effort that would save the company $200 million a year.

The UMG/DreamWorks deal marks yet another sign of music industry consolidation. Warner Music Group has been in talks with both BMG and EMI about potential mergers. BMG has reportedly been in discussions with Sony Music.

Marla Matzer Rose in Los Angeles and Georg Szalai in New York contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 02:42:33 PM by C0ma » Logged
madagas
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2004, 02:53:49 PM »

I believe Axl's "legalities" that could be holding up the record are threefold: 1. Some form of negotiation with the record label-his contract, the effects of all these labels merging, and potential future releases after Chinese. 2. Ongoing lawsuit with Slash/Duff 3. Issues with royalties and songwriting credits between all the  players/musicians that have been in the recording process over the last 6 years for  Chinese. That is quite a mess. drool
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 03:15:53 PM by madagas » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

This whole record label convo made me think of something. If Dreamworks records became/becomes part of the Universal Music Group, and David Geffen does turn out to have his finger in the Geffen Records Pie as well as the Movie end of Dreamworks.........does anyone else find it odd that Dreamworks is releasing an animated movie titled 'Madagascar' in Summer 2005.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2004, 03:24:39 PM »

It's not like Dark said he met axl in a tanning salon getting his ass tanned and axl gave him a preview of CD

what would be the reason to give this info that really doesnt tell us a lot?

I'm sure there is some truth to all this.  

also... the special olympic quote made me piss myself

it may have been the best comment made on this page ever
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2004, 03:32:57 PM »

It's not like Dark said he met axl in a tanning salon getting his ass tanned and axl gave him a preview of CD

what would be the reason to give this info that really doesnt tell us a lot?

I'm sure there is some truth to all this.  

Don't be such a fool.

Just look at the guys post history (ie read his previous posts) and you'll see he's full of shit.

He rears his head every few months with the same bullshit.

Then he says "Oh...just take it for what it's worth".

There is no conversation. The only "rumor mill" that is starting up...is him typing on his keyboard!

hihi
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2004, 03:40:32 PM »

I think the VH1 BTM being continually pushed back is because they realize they've got a pretty crappy product (only Adler and Slash for ex-band member interviews, No Izzy, Duff, Axl, Dizzy, etc.) more than it has something to do with a nu-GNR announcement. Don't know about this rumor either, as always, seeing is believing.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2004, 04:05:57 PM »

It wasn?t that long ago that darknemus pulled the Latigo stunt.  Let?s recap:

Darknemus claimed to personally have extended conversations with Axl on the phone and on the internet.  Axl, known as ?Latigo? on the GNFNR message board, was a man who posted from a Finnish IP address (darknemus claimed Axl bought a laptop from Finland and used Michael Monroe?s IP, even after Monroe had recently said in an interview that the new GNR ?sucked?).  Latigo also spoke Dutch fluently in chat (wow, Axl speaks Dutch?) and tended to forget critical facts such as Buckethead?s real name and which hand he (Axl) favored, claiming he we left-handed when in reality Axl smokes right-handed, plays guitar right-handed, punches right-handed (St. Louis riot), and best of all, he WRITES right-handed (signing autographs).  But hey, he sings left-handed sometimes!!!  Darknemus was also good friends with another fictitious Rose acquaintance, ?Cookie?, Axl?s make-believe fianc? who worked in a bar in Florida.  Darknemus claimed to have went to her house and saw pictures of her and Axl, who were engaged to be married, yet she mysteriously had a thing for darknemus and flirted with him (boy Axl must have been jealous).  In fact Axl couldn?t break away from his visits to Finland to come and see his to-be wife personally, so she spent New Years with darknemus and they chatted with Axl on the phone.  

To make a long story short, when everyone caught on that this was a fraud, darknemus played like he was duped by this liar named Latigo, hoping everyone would forget the fact that he claimed to have talked personally with Axl on a regular basis, talked with Axl?s sister on the phone, met Axl?s girlfriend and went to her house on a regular basis, saw pictures of Axl & Cookie together at her house, and swapped personal candid photographs with Axl from his personal photo collection, among many other complicit lies.  In fact, almost everything about this scam came directly through darknemus?, yet he tries to this day to play innocent, while he continues to post lies about his make-believe ?contacts?.

I know you guys are hungry for info on Axl, but don?t believe this shit for second unless your into fantasy role-playing?

~M
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2004, 04:19:57 PM »

Hahahahahahahaha quality, well all will be revealed in roughly 15 - 20 days.

Good info tho!

Jonx
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2004, 04:24:16 PM »

I find it very, very odd that the BTM was pushed back 2 weeks, around the time that rumors abound in the same time period. If they didn't feel confident in the final product, they wouldn't have started airing ads for it. Something weird is going on...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2004, 04:27:50 PM »

Look the Latigo situation has been beaten to death here. As someone who was involved in that mess (and was duped), I can tell you with fair certainty that dark was duped by Latigo and not behind it. Sure dark put his foot in his mouth by so strongly supporting him, but so did I and several others who were involved in that chat room. Don't confuse being 'tricked' into following a story and creating rumors (aka. Danny). Cookie is a real person that lives in South Florida, I myself have talked with this person on the phone, as well as someone who she fooled into believing this Latigo story months before we heard of him.

You can accuse dark of no more than forwarding vauge info that is passed on to him. If he wanted to make a up a story, he is more than creative enought to tie his hair dresser to a limo driver who works for an entertainment company that sent a lounge singer to a bar in Argentina who talked to a guy who saw Axl ther two weeks prior and said he wears pigtails with bows now.

Attack the story if you must but why blindly attack the messenger (especially with weak ammo like the Latigo fiasco)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: