Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004  (Read 28152 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2004, 08:36:41 PM »

look it from their side, not fans

They been workin intensly togerher in studio, undergrund for years...

A break would only do good, i think they appreciate it since they sure have been workin a lot as musicians...

and still brain seems eager to harvest his effort, i think the break could help the band synergie in the long run-
-since they would have a past to look back on instead of produce-release-tour-what now?

they will have a kind of gettin back together again feel, it's good

and axl is like a good grade student musicwise, we hears and seen his new elements which each is very potent, imo
and without gnr googles, it's logically that a good-grade student will deliver a work thats good

and also, since it has appealed b4, it likely that the next will suit you aswell

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2004, 09:29:01 PM »

Look at it this way, its a win win situation for the band. While they are waiting for Axl to finish CD, they can do side projects & tour or whatever they want and when CD comes out, theyll tour behind that.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2004, 09:41:33 PM »

I wonder if during a GNR tour, some of these side projects will appear?  Maybe before a show or two Tommy will come on stage and play a couple of his tunes.

Never know

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2004, 06:02:56 AM »

The part in which he says the bucket guy and him "were still" in gnr is strange at least. It seems as his parts in the album will still be respected but  he's currently not commited to gnr.

maybe in the future he will be just a musician contracted for a gnr tour??

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2004, 06:20:42 AM »

A break would only do good,

What break?  Huh Was there anything else in the last 7 years than breaks? I think that they had a short break in 2002, when they stopped doing nothing.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
estranged.1098
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2004, 02:27:32 PM »

What break?  Huh Was there anything else in the last 7 years than breaks? I think that they had a short break in 2002, when they stopped doing nothing.

Were YOU there? Didn't think so.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 02:29:17 PM by estranged.1098 » Logged
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2004, 05:39:08 PM »

Its nice to hear that the music written is fucking good but does anyone know what the fuck goes on in this band? Sheez.. I dont blame anyone for walking out on Axl, this is ridiculous and insane! This is not even 1 member does the business and decisions stuff because this is way out of that ballpark! Dont be day dreaming with something its not, this is clearly fucked up in anyway you see it.
I say dont get to mushy with the musicians cuz quite frankly regardless if they like being with Axl or not they have no clue of nothing or their own future in that band.

Sad.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2004, 07:30:12 PM »

Sound to me like Brain has his head on straight. I'm sure that any other working musician would do essentially the same thing. When there is GNR stuff to do you do it, when it's done you go do something else. Thats not so diffucult to get your head around.

Axl calls and says 'its time to record', you go to the studio and do GNR stuff. Axl says 'let's tour now' you go on tour and do GNR stuff. Tour ends, nothing is going on, you go do something else. That's pretty much what you do in a band. You work when its time to work (a rock band isn't exactly on a 9 to 5 schedule, vacations can be long or none at all), and then you go keep yourself busy until it's time to work again.

I don't see why Brain would be obligated to keep in touch all the time anyway, if I were him I would do the same thing. When it finally gets down to getting the album out and Axl wants him to tour Axl will call him. I doubt Axl would be all too happy with everyone else in the group calling him every week going 'Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Are we going on tour yet?'  hihi
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2004, 10:13:48 PM »

What break?? Huh Was there anything else in the last 7 years than breaks?

years of studio and recording, rehearsals... you name it,
 if you take the fan-googles out it's easier since it's only fans who had a dead-era...

gnr seem to have worked intensly for fuckin years, imo, a break is most likely only good 4 them b4 the presentation

and it's actually nothing wrong with axl havin the final say when the product is done-
-still a band peace

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »

I love how all the haters try and turn a postive interview into a negative  Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2004, 03:21:41 AM »

I would have loved to see Axl give that freedom to the old band... "hey Duff and Matt stop fucking around with Neurotics YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO GNR" hey Slash stop doing that Snakepit stuff... whatever, an entire band dumped him because they couldnt stand it.
Now he realized ok, let them do whatever they want but they will live in limbo.  Roll Eyes
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2004, 09:58:55 AM »

What break?? Huh Was there anything else in the last 7 years than breaks?

years of studio and recording, rehearsals... you name it,
 if you take the fan-googles out it's easier since it's only fans who had a dead-era...

gnr seem to have worked intensly for fuckin years, imo, a break is most likely only good 4 them b4 the presentation

and it's actually nothing wrong with axl havin the final say when the product is done-
-still a band peace

Maybe they'd been working on the new material, but I don't know how hard they did, cause what we've heard was some mediocre stuff, and it was only 6 songs. As 'news' say, they didn't really work on the album in the last 2 years, maybe with the exception of Axl. So I don't know why'd they need a break, it seems like they'd love to do GN'R, but something (someone) makes it impossible... Anyway, there are three possibilities left: 1. the material isn't as good as Axl (and we) want it to be 2. Axl is insane and doesn't want to release the album, altohugh it's ready 3. They haven't finished the album cause they lack creativity. I don't know which version is the best or the worst.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2004, 12:44:41 PM »

i know i may not sound like a true GNR fan but as long as its axl in it, i could honestly care less who plays drums or whatever.

i never really thought Brain was that great of a drummer anyway with his "St Anger" drum tone, so i honestly could care less to be honest

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jgfnsr
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2004, 01:49:35 PM »

The whole Guns thing really excited me and I think the record?s incredible ? it could be their Led Zepplin 11. I really have a feeling about it and I just hope it comes out?.

"Thier Led Zeppelin II?!"?? Shocked drool

(Actually it might be more accurate to say Appetite was GN'R's Led Zeppelin II and Chinese Democracy could be the band's Led Zeppelin IV.? ok? peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2004, 02:09:39 PM »

for someone who doesnt like led zeppelin the led zepplin comparisons dont do anything for me, i hope its better than led zepplin 4
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 02:18:23 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2004, 02:36:58 PM »

for someone who doesnt like led zeppelin the led zepplin comparisons dont do anything for me, i hope its better than led zepplin 4

Yeah, you'd prefer it to be called their "Slippery When Wet".  Tongue

Wink

For those of you not familiar with II, this is what Amazon says: Led Zeppelin II is an album of Jimmy Page riffs so huge, and John Paul Jones/John Bonham rhythms so deep, that the heavy metal genre this classic helped create has tried for decades to catch up, mostly without success. And no wonder: since II catches the band before they'd headed too far into their ridiculous medieval fancies, this might be as good as Zep would ever be. Regardless, the thunderous "Whole Lotta Love," a Top 5 hit, and "Bring It on Home" are very nearly as fierce and twisted as British white blues would ever get. --David Cantwell

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »

Here is a prediction, from reading that interview, there will be no album in 2005. So have a merry fucken christmas.
This GnR situation has turned into the dumbest fucken thing ever.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2004, 11:14:54 PM »

Anyway, there are three possibilities left:

so few? are you pessimistic? Tongue

2. Axl is insane and doesn't want to release the album, altohugh it's ready 3.

he may suffer from chronic snooze disease hihi

It's vere cool that brain are still commited, now if he only could talk to buckethead...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2004, 01:30:10 AM »

Anyway, there are three possibilities left:

so few? are you pessimistic? Tongue

2. Axl is insane and doesn't want to release the album, altohugh it's ready 3.

he may suffer from chronic snooze disease hihi

4. Axl will wait until the most stupid fan on earth opens his eyes.  Angry

Now I feel very pessimistic? Undecided
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2004, 01:42:01 AM »

4. Axl will wait until the most stupid fan on earth opens his eyes.? Angry

you're the one who's stupid if you think it's only three possibillities Undecided

when they say it's done it most likely is, cool that brain is intresiting going back to work more with tours, videos etc
is the whole article online? b fun 2 read yes

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: