Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 08:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80552 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2005, 05:07:22 PM »

I would have liked to have seen some sort of comment made about the status of the band's guitarists. Whether Bucket will be replaced, and if not what the plan was. He talked about taking the recording to the next level in his press release, but from the sounds of it there had been plenty of recording done already. I almost don't want any new guitarists coming in now as it seems he loves to keep adding new stuff for the sake of adding new stuff. Maybe once there is a set line-up we can get closer to wrapping this thing up.

I thought it absolutely had to be out this year, now I am not so sure. I agree it will be out when he says it will be out, but I am not sure past releasing it how much we can really expect from him. From all accounts of those who seemed to have some idea of what has went on he doesn't sound like a guy who we can expect to tour for 2-3 years like we had all previously talked about. We should probably just gear ourselves to be happy getting some music.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2005, 05:28:14 PM »

Leave it to booker to leave out the important stuff

Huh

That would explain why I gave a link to the site where you could read if for yourself, right Genius?? ok

Enough. He was wrong. The original source didn't publish the whole thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2005, 05:34:50 PM »

Well... we're either going to get a great album.... or one hell of a movie some day.ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »

Optimism is one thing.

Realism is quite another....
+1. If only some people can understand that point...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
usurper
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2005, 05:44:33 PM »

I think the main problem with the release of CD is that Axl has an ego the size of the universe and he can't accept the fact that he will never make the perfect album, ever. He should release it now before he gets a swift kick in the ass by an anounymous GNR fan (what?!?) possibly me.
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2005, 06:26:34 PM »

Im just saying Falcon, its took this many years, he has completed the record 5 times over

eveyone knows during a recording session, most bands have 3 or 4 hits, so if he has 20 A list songs that makes me very optimistic

For example ill give u Aerosmith.

instead of releasing the records they did

imagine if they took the best from Pump,Get a Grip and Nine Lives and made one huge cd out of the best material?

what if GNR had done this and took the best from Appetite,Lies and the Illusions and made one super Cd?

i think this is what axl is doing

he is inspired,has intense writing sessions, when the creativity wears off, he takes a year or so off, starts new sessions, takes the best material from that etc etc etc.

Thats my theory and im stickin with it.

20 A list songs means axl really has big guns. i find that encouraging.

I disagree.? Some of the best albums every made have been done on shoe string budgets and cut in a matter of months, if not less!? Just because you take a decade and spent millions of dollars on something doesn't been it's going to be good.? I've said it before on this board and I will say it again. Rock & Roll, true Rock is not some overproduced, every single note perfect science project crap.? True rock is all about emotion and not being "perfect".? I REALLY don't think we will see CD for another 20 years, or until after Axl is dead.? And IF CD does ever come out, it will be waaaay overproduced and sound to perfect.? ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT PERFECT!!

And maybe I am just too "old school" for my own good.  But if Aerosmith did put the "hits" from all those albums you mentioned on just one album. I would STILL take Toys in the Attic any day over that. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 06:44:29 PM by chadj76 » Logged

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2005, 06:39:10 PM »

Well while I agree that rock n roll isnt and shouldnt be brain surgery. I dont think Axl is making a traditional rock n roll album.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2005, 06:40:12 PM »

I agree with you Chad. This CD isn't likely to be a classic. Sure, its gonna sell millions and will always be considered the most mysterious album of all time, but I highly doubt the quality of CD. When you look at the time spent on CD,all the different band members,different producers,etc, CD is not looking to be a masterpiece. Another troubling fact is how it took so many years before Axl was able to put vocals on CD. That was the main reason Moby quit producing CD: What good is it to have all that music if you cant put any vocals to it. If anyone ever writes a book about the making of CD, I believe the book will probably be better than the actual CD itself.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2005, 06:43:17 PM »

From the jist of this article, it seems Axl's still working on the vocals. The music does sound like it should be special, but maybe Axl is unsure his vocal harmonies will stand up to this unbelievable music amassed over the years. That one producer spent hours over several bars of music in one song, shows they must have believed in it. But can Axl sing with the music so that he wont sound like the weak link in his own band? That seems to be his main problem.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2005, 06:46:31 PM »

Im just saying Falcon, its took this many years, he has completed the record 5 times over

eveyone knows during a recording session, most bands have 3 or 4 hits, so if he has 20 A list songs that makes me very optimistic

For example ill give u Aerosmith.

instead of releasing the records they did

imagine if they took the best from Pump,Get a Grip and Nine Lives and made one huge cd out of the best material?

what if GNR had done this and took the best from Appetite,Lies and the Illusions and made one super Cd?

i think this is what axl is doing

he is inspired,has intense writing sessions, when the creativity wears off, he takes a year or so off, starts new sessions, takes the best material from that etc etc etc.

Thats my theory and im stickin with it.

20 A list songs means axl really has big guns. i find that encouraging.

I disagree.? Some of the best albums every made have been done on shoe string budgets and cut in a matter of months, if not less!? Just because you take a decade and spent millions of dollars on something doesn't been it's going to be good.? I've said it before on this board and I will say it again. Rock & Roll, true Rock is not some overproduced, every single note perfect science project crap.? True rock is all about emotion and not being "perfect".? I REALLY don't think we will see CD for another 20 years, or until after Axl is dead.? And IF CD does ever come out, it will be waaaay overproduced and sound to perfect.? ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT PERFECT!!

exactly.. The hearing of computers in use and everything else what kind of rock is that? He said he had big guns years n years ago then he's still working on it redid the shit 5-6 times.. Anyone can make a better album if they just keep working on the same shit over and over.. It's a fucking boring soap opera, all everyone does is say it's a plan it's this it's that.. Sounds like someone who doesn't know what he's doing and has no faith in his work.. How many musicinans for hire have come through?/ 13 million ?tons of people on this.. Sounds like a real group project.. Everybody and their mother has been involved,, He's just a spoiled pampered millionaire who has endless time and gives not a care about his fans.. One album, that's all anyone wants and he can't deliver, instead he has people trying to bend over backwards and he fucks them over, he hired all these guys and they never get to do anything with the band.. Sounds like one go maniac trying to make this super album while fucking everyone else over..
I just pray none of his music sounds anything like those boots..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2005, 06:50:38 PM »

Huh You're prety severe. In my opinion, exept the horrible "oh my god" and "silkworms", the rest of the new material sound great, especially "the blues" and "madagascar". Ryhad also sounds very good. There's a lot of potential.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
peter
Opening Act

Like a lot, love GN'R

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2005, 06:51:55 PM »

This article made me think a lot. I didn't even realize that I am waiting this long. I am following this thing since Oh my god was out. ?I thought Chinese Democracy were the songs up to 2001. I guess in past 4 years new things were done. I am not so passionate about it anymore. I am not optimistic about it. Where are the times I've hardly waited to hear studio versions of Madagascar or Chinese Democracy. But on the other hand, this project is huge and still growing and all the mystery behind it... grandiose. It is weird that such an indepth article came so late. Why is there so little coverage or status of this album from the media, it seems to me they are not even researching? I have never read any article stating about trying to get an interview with Axl, I guess he would not give it, but I also think there ain't really big demand to get it. I know we don't get any info from the GN'R camp, but what's scares me is that media in general isn't even trying to get it. ?This article is the first indepth, researching type of article we got and is not hype-ing the album at all, it really reads as a swan song. If it ever comes out, one thing is for sure, Axl could really pick just the songs that seem timeless to him, considering all the time it is in the works. As somebody already stated, I am following this thing till the day comes and further... ? ?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2005, 06:55:52 PM »

The hearing of computers in use and everything else what kind of rock is that?
Rock of the 2000's. NOt 1987 anymore my friend ?no

He said he had big guns years n years ago
3 yrs ago to be exact

It's a fucking boring soap opera, all everyone does is say it's a plan it's this it's that..
You and your 1500 posts dont seem to be on your merry way anytime soon

Sounds like someone who doesn't know what he's doing and has no faith in his work.. How many musicinans for hire have come through?/ 13 million ?tons of people on this.. Sounds like a real group project.. Everybody and their mother has been involved,, He's just a spoiled pampered millionaire who has endless time and gives not a care about his fans.. One album, that's all anyone wants and he can't deliver, instead he has people trying to bend over backwards and he fucks them over, he hired all these guys and they never get to do anything with the band.. Sounds like one go maniac trying to make this super album while fucking everyone else over..
Sounds to me like some1 who had a plan from the beginning. The fact that he went against what the company was telling him to do speaks volumes that he wasnt ready. He had something in mind and hes stuck with it. If he had no plan and was utter chaos why the fuck would all of these countless attmnpts be shot down? If Axl really had no plan he would have been convinced along the way. Axl has chosen to stay the course with his master plan, whatver that may be....no reocrd exec, music producer, or stuck in the old days fan is going to dictate to Axl fukin ROse when to release his bands big, much anticipated comeback album.

The guy wanted to rebuild something beofre any major groundwork was laid down. His goal is to make the ultimate music. If thats not a plan i dont know what is.

Instead of praying that the songs you have heard dont sound like those bootlegs you should really be praying that the songs you have hear are the best songs hes got. If not...your gonna make yourself look like an even bigger jackass than you are now...yea, yea I know, you want Axl to succede.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 07:04:26 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2005, 07:02:58 PM »

Mike..you make a very good point. We have stuck by Axl all these years for what?? Hell, I remember loving GNR when they were the most uncool thing on the planet!!! And this is how Axl pays us back for our undying loyalty!! It's really a shame!! Sometimes I wish I didn't give a shit about him, because he obviously doesn't give a shit about us.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »

Hell, I remember loving GNR when they were the most uncool thing on the planet!!!
They are uncool now too, so eithe rhop on the train or get the fuck off.

And this is how Axl pays us back for our undying loyalty!! It's really a shame!! Sometimes I wish I didn't give a shit about him, because he obviously doesn't give a shit about us.
When the stars are aligned and Axl finally releases the album and its a MASTERPIECE. Just for arguments sake an absolute masterpiece. Instantley well recieved nby fans and media. Then what. Will you still be saying Axl hates his fans etc? Would that be good enough payback?

Or will you be saying yea its good only becuase of the time and money?

If GNR deliver a musical msterpiece thats all as us fans can have. The music. You will have that album and the music for your life. If its great all the frustrations and amount of waiting will be wiped from your mind from the opening chords and screams to the last note.

When its all said and done it will be about the music GNR release. We all are caught up in something we dont have control over. But its all in it for the ending which is the release of the album. When Axl deems it sthe right time to release it you will have the album. Admidst all the "delays", frustrations, etc,etc there will be music that will surface from all that. And thats what we will have in the end.

If you have waited the whole time and followed this soap opera the reward might be that much sweeter because you went through all the twists and turns, all the arguments, etc.
If you cant handle that get out of the kitchen mama. Come back when the flowers are in full bloom. Pick up the album and there it is. Its your choice to hang around and wait. Or to get fed up and leave. No1 is holding a gun to your head.
Some will always have their arms crossed with a smirk on their face waiting for the album to bomb while others are ready to embrace Axl and the band and the music. No1 is forcing you to do either of those. Point is when its all over we will have music in our hands. And if its a masterpiece ...welll....must be the money Wink
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 07:19:50 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2005, 07:20:10 PM »

mikegiuliana and everyone, listen carefully to what he's saying in the new songs esp in Chinese Democracy.
No, wait, have you really digested the Illuson twins yet?

I disagree.  Some of the best albums every made have been done on shoe string budgets and cut in a matter of months, if not less!  Just because you take a decade and spent millions of dollars on something doesn't been it's going to be good.  I've said it before on this board and I will say it again. Rock & Roll, true Rock is not some overproduced, every single note perfect science project crap.  True rock is all about emotion and not being "perfect".  I REALLY don't think we will see CD for another 20 years, or until after Axl is dead.  And IF CD does ever come out, it will be waaaay overproduced and sound to perfect.  ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT PERFECT!!

Objection! While I very much agree with you that ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT PERFECT!!,
I never think Just because you take a decade and spent millions of dollars on something, it's going to be bad or less emotional.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »

Younggunner..I've been on the train since 1987!!! Thats part of the problem!! It's so frustrating!! The people here who have only been fans a couple of years are lucky!! They don't know the meaning of the word 'wait'. And to the people here wondering why the media isn't doing more articles like the one just coming out, i'll tell you: The media isn't falling for Axl's cosmic joke like we are!! And the only way it will cease to be a joke is when he releases CD. The media doesn't hate Axl. It's the other way around. If Axl had done something productive over the past few years they would have treated him with respect. They obviously respect him somewhat or there would be Axl jokes ALL over the place!!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2005, 07:36:59 PM »

As the redhead so tersely said awhile back, live your life. I don't see why anyone is angry about the wait. i would be angry if the album drops and is a huge disappointment but if he wants to take the time to work this out in a cohesive, unified thematic manner, then I fully support that.

Axl is playing with his own money now; the clock is definately ticking. When news of the sale of Axl's back catalog went public, I immediately thought he was trying to gather liquidity for something,  lawsuits with CC or $lash and Duff possibily. But now things are more clear.

btw, I don't buy the explanation of the Philly incident. just because a newslet was released in the post concerning Axl trying to enter Spa doesn't mean it is necessarily connected to the Philadelphia Massacre.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »

are you going to say anthony that that article didn't seem like axl was going on a little much with getting computers? Maybe it ws for pittman's noises I don't know.. I just thinkmrecording studio and guys jamming. You know nothing about me, only how I have felt over the past year or so.. I was the biggest gnfnr fan in the day.. I am not allowed to form opinions, an I not allowed to want something better then the boots.. I said I loved msg, I was really aticipating the album.. The tour was called cd world tour 2002, sorry i hoped for that to follow.. yes I knw your beliefs getting the guys out of the studio stretch their legs, little fun, etc.. I believe it's more and it hurts and sucks how it went down and over two years later still nothing.. I'm sorry I'm not optomisitic like you, but I once was just like everyone else here.. Reality tends to set in, but because I have love for axl's work in the past I give him teh benfeit that one day soemthing will happen.. To much money is invested for it to not.. Wether it be by force from geffen, or anothr mate leaves or he finally collect himself and does it himself..

I"m sorry I don't just feel as confident or relaxed as others on here..
ANyways you quote to much fucking shit..

Are you going to see vr on long island jones beach.? If so let me know in a pm or something because I'm meeting up with a few people.. ok
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2005, 08:18:22 PM »

They are uncool now too, so eithe rhop on the train or get the fuck off.

Younggunner, you're probable too young to realize that GNR and axl wrote the book of "we don't give a fuck what you think, deal with it or fuck off " ? This the attitude that built the huge following and had millions loving axl and GNR. ?Now, axl cares so much he can't let a stray note go by without rerecording it a thousand times..................sad.

When the stars are aligned and Axl finally releases the album and its a MASTERPIECE. Just for arguments sake an absolute masterpiece. Instantley well recieved nby fans and media. Then what. Will you still be saying Axl hates his fans etc? Would that be good enough payback?

Once again, many of us don't need a "masterpiece" we'd be happy with a solid disc of rocking music and a couple of epic ballads that axl loves. ?And btw, just cus axl says he has 20 A list songs it doesn't mean anyone in the free world will agree. ?So quit campaigning to be axl's publicist and deal with the fact that this album may be a madmans idea of what good music is at this point.

If its great all the frustrations and amount of waiting will be wiped from your mind from the opening chords and screams to the last note.

And what if it's a huge disappointment ? ?Notice no one that spoke about chinese democracy in the article claimed that axl had created a masterpiece but instead made it sound like a cluster fuck of music that has been overproduced.

My expectations are very low that CD will ever see the light of day before axl leaves this earth and this article gives each of us 1000 different reasons why we should stop thinking there's something waiting around the corner.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: