Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80123 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2005, 09:31:22 PM »

I didn't realize Interscope had cut Axl off the funds for Chinese Democracy.  Interesting that this news coincides with the new $20,000,000 publishing deal.  Seems that Axl wanted some extra money to fund the album with.  I really want to know what's going on with this album because according to Tommy and Dizzy, the music's been finished for a while and they haven't been in the studio recording new material in the last year or so.
reynics22
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2005, 09:32:22 PM »

i like when people post "i really want to know what's going on with the album"

REALLY?

reynics22
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2005, 09:36:19 PM »

who does he site as his source for the letter dated feb 2nd 2004?

the one that says he doesn't record at village studios anymore and they "packed the gear away"

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2005, 09:36:52 PM »

The article actually portrays Axl as being lazy throughout the process with all of the talk of him just disappearing for weeks at a time, and renting all of that god-awful expensive equipment he only used a handful of times. It sounds like the rest of the guys were always working hard to make music, but Axl's involvement was portrayed as being non-existent for long stretches of time. I always thought he was working hand over foot to make everything perfect and that's why it was taking so long. Sound like it is taking forever because it is only being worked on in small stretches with real long breaks in between......at least on the Red-heads part. I can see now why the old band broke up as there was no way I could see Slash/Duff or any of them for that matter dealing with that type of recording situation/Inactivity. They obviously just have completely incompatible styles.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2005, 09:37:25 PM »

REALLY?

Really?  You do?  Fucking sweet! 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2005, 09:39:42 PM »

Reynic..its not just a little article. Its the first big media piece on Axl in 3 years and it sounds like a band in total disarray!! We all thought CD was on its way but its starting to sound like the LONG wait has just begun!!

what exactly is the proof that the album is a long time away? Can you enlighten everyone?
the infected people hear and see things....that's the virus called the negativity addicts hihi
reynics22
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »

REALLY?

Really?  You do?  Fucking sweet! 

yeah, cuz before this, i figured that you didn't care at all what was going on, and didn't want to know!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2005, 09:42:56 PM »

I think the lack of confidence by all parties involved is the first clue that all isn't well in the GNR world.

who in particular and what did they say? how does this translate into the album not being released anytime soon? You have to be specific if you are going to make statements like that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2005, 09:43:52 PM »

Without reading through 8 pagers and seeing a brief overview of what people are saying here. I find it rather anazing that everyone has takein this artilcal to such a negative point .

Personally myself I think that the article in itself was not put out by acident, nor just outta  the blue, knowing all to well the close lid on goin ons all these yrs. In fact I would not be a damn bit surpirsed if Merck actually sanctioned this , cause remebver it as not to long ago that we found out that GNR is now part of sancuary, and if you folks missed , he talks up GNR at almost any turn.
So for me I took this as a great insight to the fact that alot of people who where trying to work with axl werent living up to his vision, as for the band , well I know that are intact and ready to rolll.

What I thihnk alot of people are failing to missing is that article is indeed  a glimps of the great hype and anticipation that we all have known for these yrs, but what it does in effect is put it out there for the masses, the general masses, and its intriguing , cause now those who werent following every step and were casual listeners , will be like , damn "the most expensive album never made".... but you all read that with Sancuary, MErck and company, are thrilled and very aware of the fact that this is gettin close , (in relative terms) as in this yer I have no doubts. So what better way to bring the name GNR back than with alil story of all the yers of contriversy that the public at large didnt know.

Some of you really dont desrve to even be GNR fans, and should just stick with VR, youll be more at ease with mediocraty. And so mayny of you love to find and bring negatives, when I saw the article as amusing and in the end more positive than anythign ng else.

But say whay you will small minds , well they think like the hoard.  So choose what you will. I have and always will chose GNR and Axl, and like Mreck said, after CD is out, people wll see who really is the heart and driving force of GUNS N ROSES, and that is AXl ROSE.

Peace

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2005, 09:50:49 PM »

If you don't understand where i'm coming from, go reread the article. Anyone who can find something positive in that is the most optimstic person on the planet!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »

I personally think the record company fuckin off will only allow CD to come out sooner

i dont think axl responds well to threats or pressure

i think the more the company pressured him, the less he did just to say "fuck you" to the suits and ties

now they have left him alone i think he will be more creative and more willing to work because it is now on his terms

i think the label wanted and were pressuring axl to write SCOM and WTTJ part 2 and Axl didnt wanna

then i think they wanted axl to create poppy chartbusting type trashy (current) style songs to fit in
and once again axl balked

so now he can do things his own way, i say CD will be released sooner than later.

most of the negative stuff was right after the band quit in my opinion and had no reflection on current axl

also if he were so lazy how do they have 60 songs finished including 20 A list songs?

do some of u not realize what 20 A list songs mean?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2005, 09:52:37 PM »

If you don't understand where i'm coming from, go reread the article. Anyone who can find something positive in that is the most optimstic person on the planet!!!

That's the problem. I have read the article and I don't see from where you are drawing this conclusion. You have not defended your contention very well.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2005, 09:55:47 PM »

Some of you really dont desrve to even be GNR fans, and should just stick with VR, youll be more at ease with mediocraty. And so mayny of you love to find and bring negatives, when I saw the article as amusing and in the end more positive than anythign ng else.
That's just your opinion 100s of thousands of people are enjoying vr and their work..two number one rock singles, a grammy number one albu,, Be blind who cares.. They are getting 99 percent positive reviews from shows by fans.. I can say the same exact thing from the new gnr boots but at least I want the new gnr album to see what might be better, you just have this defeatis attitude that says fuck vr I need a fix of something that might be great or whatever.. You haven't heard a fucking lick, and if it was based on those boots then the album will suck.. That's my opinion..

Cd is the best album that never came out, it gets praised like it's the best album ever and it's never been heard.. Someone actually pumpin gup their album, tommy says good things,,.. Did you expect friends of axl to knock the work? I'm sure ashlee simpson thinks her album is awesome too..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2005, 09:59:20 PM »

also if he were so lazy how do they have 60 songs finished including 20 A list songs?

Anyone can say  A list songs.. That doesn't mean they are great songs, have you heard them for this evaluation?.. It's just hyping the music.. He said he had two albums worth 4 years ago at least..

I don't belive shit till I listen to it, tommy, merck, dizzy or whoever else they just run at the mouth but they can't say when cd will be out.,. That's the only thing that matters..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2005, 10:06:51 PM »

im just saying based on everything gathered thus far

axl said Maddy,the blues,cd,rhiad etc etc etc werent the big guns, were actually maybe even bside type shit

people on here were talkin how those songs probably were the big guns

slash said they only had 3 or 4 songs finished

that article says 2 things

1. with 20 a list songs, maybe axl was telling the truth about the big guns

2. slash doesnt know shit about the new band and that was one instance where he was hatin a little bit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2005, 10:07:53 PM »

To look at this in a different perspective, do you think this article was intentionally released as propaganda by the GNR camp to ruffle everybody's feathers and to bring even more attention to the band? If true, we should stop discussing the article immediately and stop playing into Axl's sick game.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2005, 10:15:24 PM »

I'm sick of hearing this 50-200 songs bullshit!! Where's the proof of this? How many songs have you heard?? If there were 50-200 songs don't you think he would have played more than 5 new songs during the tour?? And if you were going on tour for the first time in 9 years, would you play B-sides for your new material?? The facts don't add up with the rumours.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2005, 10:16:48 PM »

I'm sick of hearing this 50-200 songs bullshit!! Where's the proof of this? How many songs have you heard?? If there were 50-200 songs don't you think he would have played more than 5 new songs during the tour?? And if you were going on tour for the first time in 9 years, would you play B-sides for your new material?? The facts don't add up with the rumours.

yet you completely embrace this article as fact even though no sources are cited. jeez, get a clue.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2005, 10:18:23 PM »

Na. not a game. I hope all the negative fans turn their attention to his works and gets properly what those are telling us. Everything from the members is a message as well. We'd better prepare ourselves for the new album.

Interesting that this news coincides with the new $20,000,000 publishing deal.  Seems that Axl wanted some extra money to fund the album with. 
Interesting is that some wiseacre here said something like whoever thought Axl would fund his own album were idiots because no artist did that!!!! rofl
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2005, 10:19:56 PM »

I for one can't tell why anyone would be optimistic after reading this article.  The label pulled the plug on funding and according to Dizzy and Tommy the music's been finished for a long time.  They haven't been in the studio to record new tracks for probably over a year and given the fact that Tommy had the time to record, release and tour behind a new album last year supports this.  And yet still despite the lack of funding and the other band members doing their side project we still have no solid release date.  I think the album may be released this year but why is it taking so long when the music's done? 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: