Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80160 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2005, 10:22:23 PM »

thank u KILLING VECTOR

hit the nail on the head

if u are goin to believe the negative stuff in that article, u have to believe every bit of the article therefore u have to believe he has 60 songs finished.

he wouldnt play the top hits on tour because

HELLO

people would bootleg them and download them

so he played b-sides or non singles which were good songs to give people a taste without blowing the mystique and surprise of the long awaited album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2005, 10:33:52 PM »

there where a lot of articles about overdoses, moodswings, trouble and stuff with the oldband 2 you know? ?Wink
These are rockers true 2 their spirit ?smoking

I can never understand why people says axl threat them bad as fans, it's kinda like us he is fightin for fans too
as will get the material. If you feel this way, you think you're 2 close 2 him, and should stay on the dust. ?ok

And they care 4 they're fans as not willin 2 release a album only the record company is confident in.
Like you wan't this 2 be music from gunsnroses (the artists) right? ?Roll Eyes

- instead of a company (american idol albums) album.
The positive thing is that it speaks of musicans not lettin anything makin decicions for them and focused on completin it.
and if these lawbreakers hurts your feelings, remember stay on the dust ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2005, 10:35:16 PM »

D..your theory doesn't fly. Supposedly CD was gonna come out during the tour so why would he worry about a crappily recorded bootleg of some new songs?? Axl might have 200 song titles or ideas but there is no way there is 50-200 finished songs for CD.If there was, we wouldn't still be waiting.

estranged.1098
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2005, 10:39:03 PM »

I'm sick of hearing this 50-200 songs bullshit!! Where's the proof of this? How many songs have you heard?? If there were 50-200 songs don't you think he would have played more than 5 new songs during the tour?? And if you were going on tour for the first time in 9 years, would you play B-sides for your new material?? The facts don't add up with the rumours.

Axl replied to your concern at London 2002, go read about it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2005, 10:42:24 PM »

because dude first impressions are everything

u dont want complex layered songs to be first heard and judged in a live setting

look at the people who already shit on rhiad,Chinese democracy, the blues and maddy to some degree

its not fair because the boots are a close replica but not exactly how they should be heard.

Axl never promised the cd during the 2002 tour

he said they'd tour do more recording and see how it goes.

it didnt go well and he realized for the NEW gnr to get accepted and to be truly over, he had to come up with the most amazing album ever.

i ?found the most shocking statement to be was axl cancelling Philly cause he was pissed over not being admitted to a club due to his fur coat.

anyhow if u think that part of the article is bullshit, how do u know the entire article isnt bullshit?

how is it easy to believe the negative shit but u cant believe the positive parts of it?

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2005, 10:44:34 PM »

I think this article is pretty good, best one since the rolling stone piece, and i defenetly can't see anything negative in it other than the fact that he still wears fur ?hihi

If this article is true or acurate it paints a picture of a genius imo. This article shows that Axl knows what he's doing, or atleast when he's doing something wrong. He wont get pushed over no matter how hard people try.

Think about it, how fuckn' irretating and frustrating and provocative and sad it would be when someone actually hire your "friends" to try to get you to release something imature. I can't believe this guy's luck, no matter what he does, he gets fucked over by some blood sucking asshole, it's like this guy is borned to be assfucked!!! I'd devote my life to hunt down and assrape any motherfucker who's name were on the list Axl gave me he he...

Buckethead can fuck off for not believing, although i hope he'll be back...

This thing(CD) has never been about the money, if it was it would have been out a long time ago and it would have cost a fraction of what the article implies.

Think about it, who can you trust? Everyone around you sees a financial benefit in you so they suck up and totaly looses theyr personal value and if that's not enough, everyone you do trust gets fired for not delivering something you're not done with yet... it's a rock hard whored out buiseness this music industry...

I'm really glad to know that atlest ONE is on top of it tho! And i know musicians and others in the future will appreciate it!

BTW, was the guy who wrote this article really thinking he was going to get a comment from Axl, it looks like he has done some serious research, but missed the fact that Axl isn't really into the press thing these days he he...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2005, 10:50:40 PM »

D...I get your point now. But during the illusions tour they played a wide variety of new songs before Illusions were released. So why play the same 5 songs every night on the last tour?? I never understood his reasoning behind doing that.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2005, 10:52:50 PM »

D...I get your point now. But during the illusions tour they played a wide variety of new songs before Illusions were released. So why play the same 5 songs every night on the last tour?? I never understood his reasoning behind doing that.

The Internet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2005, 11:00:52 PM »

This article and thread shows how much peopel are out of the loop when understanding GNr and the process. I mean some of the shit I just read in the last 2 pgs is so comical.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2005, 11:03:04 PM »

This article and thread shows how much peopel are out of the loop when understanding GNr and the process. I mean some of the shit I just read in the last 2 pgs is so comical.
Yeah, and if axl's sold his rights 4 the back-catalogue 4 money, why didn't he go with the highest bidder?? Roll Eyes

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2005, 11:08:42 PM »

lol because he trusts merck more than any1 else.

you missed my point. Im not sayin gi know all the answers but some of the stuff this guy James is saying and others is crazy.

This isnt rocket science. Before you throw yourself into this soap opera you must realize that just because GNR went on tour in 2002 doesnt mean Cd was supposed to follow or the ocmeback. You must realize the 2 different periods of time post illusion era. If you fail to grasp this or choose to ignore it you will never allow yourself to see the answers to your questions. Its all right there. It truly is.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2005, 11:17:43 PM »

yeah james there were no music download sites back in the illusion days.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2005, 11:19:31 PM »

my idea was that the revealed songs was 2 give hints of musical direction, that 2 maybe? Smiley

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2005, 11:25:23 PM »

norway you are one my fav poster on this board I just thought id let you know that.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

I for one can't tell why anyone would be optimistic after reading this article.  The label pulled the plug on funding and according to Dizzy and Tommy the music's been finished for a long time.  They haven't been in the studio to record new tracks for probably over a year and given the fact that Tommy had the time to record, release and tour behind a new album last year supports this.  And yet still despite the lack of funding and the other band members doing their side project we still have no solid release date.

why anyone shuld be pessimistic after reading this article. Actually the article doesn't change the nagatives or the positives much. The members interviews, the circumstances n everything have already suggested those things vaguely. Not that I believe every line of this article for a fact tho. Fur coat? hmmm Undecided

why is it taking so long when the music's done? 
has something to do with the industry? seeking the greatest ideas for videos or covers? Or how about this idea? Grin
Axl is "steady" and Chinese D will be "go" when we're damn good and ready.

I took various bits and pieces of band members interviews and mix them with some consistent rumors including articles and other fans views, plus most importantly, the lyrics of new songs and then I got this bloody idea. Just a thought though.
For instance, this bits of band members interview
"For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea."
Whatever, let's wait and see.

my idea was that the revealed songs was 2 give hints of musical direction, that 2 maybe? Smiley
Ditto and also I think those songs tell us a lot
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2005, 12:26:06 AM »

It?s amazing that some people just take the negative thing out of the article states as truth and think that the positive is bull shit.

Hell is me or did the article not really tell any thing that we already haven?t figured out before?

Now as fare as how long it take for the album to come out , well it did take Brian Wilson some thirty years to finally put ?Smile? out.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2005, 01:14:03 AM »

It?s amazing that some people just take the negative thing out of the article states as truth and think that the positive is bull shit.

Hell is me or did the article not really tell any thing that we already haven?t figured out before?

Now as fare as how long it take for the album to come out , well it did take Brian Wilson some thirty years to finally put ?Smile? out.

Brian Wilson had family members in the band that were afraid to play Smile live because it was complicated, and they were afraid people wouldnt understand the lyrics. Smile musically finished and 100% written by Brian except lyrics, but Mike Love the singer and oldest member, kicked Brians ass when he didnt get his way, and hated the lyrics, decided not take part in vocal sessions. For some reason everyone was against Brian Wilson when writing Smile. His dad, and the record company hated it for being too risky, Mike Love also just cared about the money, and helped convince Brians brothers that he was crazy. Bands were not as rich in those days. It is just a different situation than Chinese Democracy. But the only thing holding back Axl is him, and possibly the music not being as good as people hoping it will be. The record company has already rejected CD once i think. Thats not too promising a sign. I personally believe Axl's having problems coming up with vocal melodies that go well with the music
already written.

Brian was 24 when he wrote smile. By the time he is Axl's age Brian was living with a team of doctors monitered 24 hours a day and occasionally forced to go on tour. Just saying that its tough to repeat the past and recapture successful and younger days after years of inactivity.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:32:47 AM by jabba2 » Logged
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2005, 01:58:29 AM »

Thanks for posting Booker, great article.  I was hoping they'd provide a little more insight into why they 2002 tour was cancelled, but it was a great read nevertheless.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2005, 02:40:52 AM »

The article actually portrays Axl as being lazy throughout the process with all of the talk of him just disappearing for weeks at a time, and renting all of that god-awful expensive equipment he only used a handful of times. It sounds like the rest of the guys were always working hard to make music, but Axl's involvement was portrayed as being non-existent for long stretches of time. I always thought he was working hand over foot to make everything perfect and that's why it was taking so long. Sound like it is taking forever because it is only being worked on in small stretches with real long breaks in between......

I'm not surprised, he had the same attitude duing the UYI recordings. Disappearing for months, then coming back with the updated version of NR, disappearing again with some instrumentals made by the band and he liked, never goes to rehearsals and later feeling that the record was 'incomplete'. That's happenin' all the time but now he has the power (and lack of interest from the company) to do this forever.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2005, 02:46:27 AM »

Brian Wilson had family members in the band that were afraid to play Smile live because it was complicated, and they were afraid people wouldnt understand the lyrics. Smile musically finished and 100% written by Brian except lyrics, but Mike Love the singer and oldest member, kicked Brians ass when he didnt get his way, and hated the lyrics, decided not take part in vocal sessions. For some reason everyone was against Brian Wilson when writing Smile. His dad, and the record company hated it for being too risky, Mike Love also just cared about the money, and helped convince Brians brothers that he was crazy. Bands were not as rich in those days. It is just a different situation than Chinese Democracy. But the only thing holding back Axl is him, and possibly the music not being as good as people hoping it will be. The record company has already rejected CD once i think. Thats not too promising a sign. I personally believe Axl's having problems coming up with vocal melodies that go well with the music
already written.

Brian was 24 when he wrote smile. By the time he is Axl's age Brian was living with a team of doctors monitered 24 hours a day and occasionally forced to go on tour. Just saying that its tough to repeat the past and recapture successful and younger days after years of inactivity.

I don't believe he is having trouble with the vocal melodies. It is more likely he is working in spurts of meticulous absentia, namely focusing on the record when he wants to but often not working at all. when you work on something for so long, it becomes tedious, i.e. my doctoral thesis. You end up doing it over and over out of some misdirected demand for perfection of what you are able to put to paper. It's easier to emend than create.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: