Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:09:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 76370 times)
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2005, 03:20:28 PM »

Instead they make it seem like GNR doesnt care about its fans, which is probably the worst part of the whole thing if you really think about it.

GnR have done a pretty good job of that themselves time and time again. They can treat fans like shit as long as they want if they give us CD and it is great. But since they keep fucking that up over and over what else is there to like them for? I'm beginning to wonder.... I've said it time and time again, and so have many others, it would be so nice to hear something from Axl. Just anything real at this point. And I'm not talking about a fucking lame ass press statement either. The more reclusive you become the harder it is to get back.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »

Instead they make it seem like GNR doesnt care about its fans, which is probably the worst part of the whole thing if you really think about it.

GnR have done a pretty good job of that themselves time and time again. They can treat fans like shit as long as they want if they give us CD and it is great. But since they keep fucking that up over and over what else is there to like them for? I'm beginning to wonder.... I've said it time and time again, and so have many others, it would be so nice to hear something from Axl. Just anything real at this point. And I'm not talking about a fucking lame ass press statement either. The more reclusive you become the harder it is to get back.

Agreed. Why not keep your audience informed in some way, at least let them know to hang in there for the new album.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2005, 05:02:22 PM »

If I saw Axl Rose come on TV, dropped his drawers, and js pissed on the camera.....Id be happy to see him, cause at least Id know hes alive.

And that kind of incident would let me know hes up and motivated lol  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2005, 06:48:26 PM »

Jarmo whats with picture change, any reason why???

I heard if you load it up in photoshop and play with the colo settings you'll find the democracy release date embedded within the bullseye.  ok

rofl

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2005, 07:06:20 PM »

Ga. Fans Disappointed by Axl's No-Show

By JANET MORRISSEY, For The Associated Press

Axl Rose hasn't cut a new album in 10 years, but his name still draws crowds ? even without the man himself. That was the case Friday night at Coyotes, a small club in Cartersville, Ga., about 40 miles outside of Atlanta.

Contrary to all evidence, Coyotes insisted that the Guns N' Roses frontman would emerge from his self-imposed seclusion to play a gig with former bandmate Izzy Stradlin on its humble stage.

The strange story began a few weeks ago, when Atlanta radio station 96Rock started advertising the show. The Associated Press called GNR's manager, who said Rose would not be performing. The station pulled the ads, but the club promised the show would go on, producing a contract apparently signed by someone other than Rose.

In the days before the show, club manager Pete Grim was a bit nervous as word spread about past riots by disgruntled GNR fans. So Grim removed all the club's chairs and tables, replaced glass bottles with plastic cups, hired about 30 bouncers and dropped the cover charge from $20 to $15.

He also handed out photocopies of a three-page contract with booking agency Bryant Entertainment and copies of what he said was a $1,500 certified check sent to the agency as a down payment.

Along came Friday night. About 400 people showed up at Coyotes, some from as far as Florida and Tennessee. The bar's beer prices magically doubled.

Coyotes stuck to its story until the eleventh hour ? which in this case was shortly after 11 p.m., when Grim took the stage to give customers the not-so-unexpected news.

"I pretty much knew they weren't going to show up," said Michael Mustin, 25 ? who nonetheless came more than 100 miles from Hayesville, N.C.

Grim said the booking agent, John Bryant, had promised as recently as Thursday night that Rose would be there, "and he was going to expect his money whether I advertised it or not."

All three telephone numbers listed on the contract for Bryant Entertainment were out of service. A fourth number, which Grim said he used to reach Bryant on Thursday night, had a recording saying the subscriber was no longer receiving calls. The contract listed the company's offices at addresses in Winter Park, Fla., and Chicago Ridge, Ill. But cross-checking these addresses found the Florida address to be home to a chemical company and the one in Chicago a private residence.

Craig Serritella, 28, from nearby Canton. Ga., said he was skeptical from the get-go, but the chance to see his favorite band was too tempting to resist. "I mean why would they come to Cartersville, Ga., of all places," he said.

The fans, disappointed but not surprised, left in peace.

"No confrontations. No altercations. No arrests," said Cartersville Police Lieutenant T. Ellis.

And no Axl.

Source(s): http://news.yahoo.com   

Thanks to: Ravi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2005, 07:13:40 PM »

I heard if you load it up in photoshop and play with the colo settings you'll find the democracy release date embedded within the bullseye.  ok

rofl

Examen it!!!

StoneTempleRoses

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2005, 07:18:23 PM »

Go examine Pearl Jam's "No Code" album instead.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2005, 08:07:36 PM »

i dont get how people could have possibly thought axl would have showed up, gnr's management even said "guns n roses will not performing"... how much more fucking proof do you need, and now people are gonna be angry and bitter cuz he didnt show, give ti a rest he may have been responsible for the philly riot but give the guy a break, this cant be his fault.
'
anyway theres no need to even get frustrated over this, theyre a band and just a band, theyre fucking great at that, but theyre not prophets from the heavens like some people make them out to be... some of the best musicians around but if they dont play a show its not like world war 3 is gonna break out...

PAYCE BEEZNOTCHES!

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #528 on: April 25, 2005, 08:08:20 PM »

Go examine Pearl Jam's "No Code" album instead.  Tongue

/jarmo

whoa , are you saying pearl jam has hidden the ultra secret release date for chinese democracy on that albuim?!

Ok , guys , you heard it from jarmo !! go examine the album!!!

erm , just kidding. bullseye.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #529 on: April 25, 2005, 09:37:07 PM »

Ga. Fans Disappointed by Axl's No-Show

The mere fact that anyone took some stupid, jackass radio DJ seriously and actually expected Axl to show up in a place that damn small doesn't say alot for their intelligence level...or maybe it does. hihi

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2005, 10:02:48 PM »

The owner of this club is dumb as fuck...he was SO had. confused

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jgfnsr
« Reply #531 on: April 25, 2005, 10:06:20 PM »

Hell, there was as much of a chance for Axl showing up at my place as there was for him to do a show at some dive club in Georgia.   Tongue

And the chances for both him and Izzy being there? 

We actually would see Chinese Democracy before that would ever happen.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »

Well, unfortunately for Axl he is getting blamed for this when this time it really wasn't his fault. He is like the boy who cried wolf though, he has screwed up so many times that he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt even if it really isn't his fault.

While he isn't responsible for the club owner advertsing GNR to be there even though it clearly wasn't going to happen......he creates situations like this by refusing to talk to the media or keep his fans in the know. If something similar was happening to VR, they would have had posts all over the website from the band, probably would have released a news article from the band members telling people not to be had by this hoax.

All we got from GNR was their manager telling people they wouldn't be there. Not that it should require any more than that, but Axl refuses to ever go that extra mile. Had he released a press release, or made a post on any of the websites, people wouldn't slag him over this. He creates situations like this because of his refusal to communicate with anyone.

People will always believe the worst in him because he never stands up for himself and shows everyone there is another side to the story. WHen you let people talk shit about you for 10 years and don't do a thing, people are going to believe whatever is being said about you.

His reputation and image have been tarnished by his own doing because he has cuased it and allowed it to happen. He is not a victim.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2005, 11:14:47 PM »

So Grim
dropped the cover charge from $20 to $15.

That's cool ok

The bar's beer prices magically doubled.

Cheesy

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2005, 12:54:23 AM »

Agreed. Why not keep your audience informed in some way, at least let them know to hang in there for the new album.

I might be the only one here who disagrees but I feel mystery sells.

Back in the old days of WWE (WWF) Vince McMahon would only bring out Andre the Giant at most once a month because he believe once people got used to his size and seeing him all the time they would get used to him and not be impressed by him anymore.

Let's say Axl took the role of some other 80's frontman. Someone like Sebashion Bach. Doing all the tv interviews and stupid VH1 pointless shows, you get used and accustomed to them and there is no intrique in them. 

Axl hides behind the scenes and is very mysterious which keeps people and the media fasinated by him wandering what he is thinking.  I am glad he gives little to no statesments rather then him whoring himself out to the media for attention.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2005, 01:48:12 AM »

What brought up Duff was the fact people keep saying Axl has been working on CD for 10 years when that isnt possible considering Duff was still in GNR 10 years ago and how people question Axl when they have no idea what he is working on.

Thats such bullshit about if it takes more than 5 minutes for a song it isnt worth it, thats simply not true.

All bands cancel some shows, it happens, Axl has had 3 major things happen, Montreal in 92 or so, Vancouver and Philly

St Louis dont count because he played for almost 2 hours before that happened

so to say he pulls no shows all the time is terribly inaccurate. also dude, dont try to tell me what to post or when to post, u aint the sheriff around here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:49:51 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2005, 04:59:29 AM »

What brought up Duff was the fact people keep saying Axl has been working on CD for 10 years when that isnt possible considering Duff was still in GNR 10 years ago and how people question Axl when they have no idea what he is working on.

Thats such bullshit about if it takes more than 5 minutes for a song it isnt worth it, thats simply not true.

All bands cancel some shows, it happens, Axl has had 3 major things happen, Montreal in 92 or so, Vancouver and Philly

St Louis dont count because he played for almost 2 hours before that happened

so to say he pulls no shows all the time is terribly inaccurate. also dude, dont try to tell me what to post or when to post, u aint the sheriff around here.

You forgot, 2 European tours(2001) and RIR4(2004)!!!!
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2005, 05:09:25 AM »

You also forgot he cancelled a GA. Dome and his Greeenville, SC appearance. The difference is he cancelled before everybody got there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2005, 06:19:23 AM »

yeah but bands do that all the time

Aerosmith have fucked me over twice for about 500 dollars, but i dont rant and rave about them. Aerosmith was the night before and i had already drove 2 and a half hours,hotel and everything but im still an Aerosmith fan
granted ill never buy another Aerosmith ticket but i dont bash and rant and rave about them

they've cancelled tons of shows, its normal, shit happens.
but u take what u all listed, thats still only 6 or 7 out of 500 or so

not a huge number and probably relatively small compared to a lot of other bands.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »

I might be the only one here who disagrees but I feel mystery sells.

Back in the old days of WWE (WWF) Vince McMahon would only bring out Andre the Giant at most once a month because he believe once people got used to his size and seeing him all the time they would get used to him and not be impressed by him anymore.

Let's say Axl took the role of some other 80's frontman. Someone like Sebashion Bach. Doing all the tv interviews and stupid VH1 pointless shows, you get used and accustomed to them and there is no intrique in them.?

Axl hides behind the scenes and is very mysterious which keeps people and the media fasinated by him wandering what he is thinking.? I am glad he gives little to no statesments rather then him whoring himself out to the media for attention.

I dont know what you guys are tyalking about in this quote but I agree with you and a classic example of that is Ozzy Osbourne with the osbournes and all that shit..I mean ya for the first while its cool seeing him but after that it gets boring

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: