Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 75946 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »

Instead they make it seem like GNR doesnt care about its fans, which is probably the worst part of the whole thing if you really think about it.

GnR have done a pretty good job of that themselves time and time again. They can treat fans like shit as long as they want if they give us CD and it is great. But since they keep fucking that up over and over what else is there to like them for? I'm beginning to wonder.... I've said it time and time again, and so have many others, it would be so nice to hear something from Axl. Just anything real at this point. And I'm not talking about a fucking lame ass press statement either. The more reclusive you become the harder it is to get back.

Agreed. Why not keep your audience informed in some way, at least let them know to hang in there for the new album.

I might be the only one here who disagrees but I feel mystery sells.

Back in the old days of WWE (WWF) Vince McMahon would only bring out Andre the Giant at most once a month because he believe once people got used to his size and seeing him all the time they would get used to him and not be impressed by him anymore.

Let's say Axl took the role of some other 80's frontman. Someone like Sebashion Bach. Doing all the tv interviews and stupid VH1 pointless shows, you get used and accustomed to them and there is no intrique in them.?

Axl hides behind the scenes and is very mysterious which keeps people and the media fasinated by him wandering what he is thinking.? I am glad he gives little to no statesments rather then him whoring himself out to the media for attention.

I dont know what you guys are tyalking about in this quote but I agree with you and a classic example of that is Ozzy Osbourne with the osbournes and all that shit..I mean ya for the first while its cool seeing him but after that it gets boring

there's a big difference between being on a reality show for 5 years and saying something to your fans once every couple years.

mystery can be good, but taken to an extreme it becomes pretty painful for the majority of gnr fans.

now you know me better
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2005, 12:07:38 PM »

Well, unfortunately for Axl he is getting blamed for this when this time it really wasn't his fault

Is Axl really being blamed for this? The tone I get from the article is some dumbass hick bar owner got had by a conman....doesn't seem like alot of people seriously thought Axl would show up either, based on the estimated crowd count. Maybe just my interpretation...

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
madagas
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2005, 12:24:23 PM »

Axl is not getting blamed. At least not in Atlanta. This morning, the local modern rock radio station (99x) was ripping the club for basically being ignorant. They were allegedly going to pay the band $14,000 for the show! The dj's were laughing and saying Gnr with original members for $14,000! One of them said you couldn't get Gnr for under $500,000. Then they made jokes about Led Zep showing up next week and Nirvana etc. The bouncer at the club tried to blame Axl and everyone just laughed at him. Pure comedy.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2005, 02:26:23 PM »

Axl is not getting blamed. At least not in Atlanta. This morning, the local modern rock radio station (99x) was ripping the club for basically being ignorant. They were allegedly going to pay the band $14,000 for the show! The dj's were laughing and saying Gnr with original members for $14,000! One of them said you couldn't get Gnr for under $500,000. Then they made jokes about Led Zep showing up next week and Nirvana etc. The bouncer at the club tried to blame Axl and everyone just laughed at him. Pure comedy.

As well they should have (laughed at the bouncer, that is).? Anyone who would blame Axl for this deserves to have their cranium cleaned out with a nice wire toilet brush.....because the cobwebs have obviously taken over.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
usedname
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2005, 04:07:29 AM »

?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: