Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Axl is "brilliant"  (Read 14252 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2005, 12:10:14 AM »

are you trying to say GNR coulda played RIR4 without Buckethead?!
yes. The band would have been less ridiculous onstage.

Awesome. Then why did they , as a band , chicken out and say that without Buckethead it was IMPOSSIBLE to play RIR4? And whats more , havent even been heard from since?!

Axl said they would take the recordings a step further and have a release date in a couple months. Thats was what , a year or more ago now?!  hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2005, 08:56:46 AM »

Axl said they would take the recordings a step further and have a release date in a couple months. Thats was what , a year or more ago now?!  hihi

Let me nitpick. Actually, He said THEY hoped to announce it in a FEW months time.  Tongue

Nesquick. You are indeed obsessed with BH, nay? You're using every opportunity to broach Bucket talk. ok
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 08:59:56 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2005, 09:13:22 AM »

Let me nitpick. Actually, He said THEY hoped to announce it in a FEW months time.  Tongue

Nesquick. You are indeed obsessed with BH, nay? You're using every opportunity to broach Bucket talk. ok

He's just scared of men in masks.  hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2005, 09:24:49 AM »

It's just that for me, when I think "buckethead" and "Guns n' roses", something wrong comes from that association. it just doesn't make "it". It's like if you put nesquick in water instead of putting it in milk (not me, the chocolate for breakfeast Grin).

But if you like nesquick with water, that's your choice, not mine. hihi
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:32:00 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2005, 09:44:50 AM »

Did you ever think Bucket quit because there were too many guitar players and he was having to share parts and leads with the others? Bucket would absolutely tear up any Gnr riff or lead if it was just him as the sole lead player. However, I would get bored too if I had to stand around and watch two average players play a cover version of Out Ta Get Me. Bucket should be lead on everything and Fortus or Finck could be rhythm. Then, just hire another sideman to fill in on tour. Unless you have seen Bucket up close and personal outside of Gnr, then you really are very unqualified to discuss his guitar playing ability. rant
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:46:35 AM by madagas » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2005, 10:59:49 AM »

are you trying to say GNR coulda played RIR4 without Buckethead?! Impossible! Who woulda played the "think about you" solo break?!

Uh, yes.

If his playing was absolutely essential to any one particular song, just don't play it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:07:21 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
madagas
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »

See, people have to separate the two bands. Bucket fits perfectly on the new material but of course he looks out of place playing songs as simple as Appetite. You don't need three guitar players to play that stuff-hell, you don't need three to play the new songs we've heard. We can't speak for the material we have not heard. Once the new band drops their record, they will be an entity all their own, regardless of the name. I don't want a cheap remake of the old band-give me a brand new monster or give me nothing at all. beer
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2005, 01:28:51 PM »

I don't want a cheap remake of the old band-give me a brand new monster or give me nothing at all.
My feelings exactely

Bucket gave the band a whole new dynamic and  took the focus off of not having Slash there. Yea there were people who said wheres Slash, this cant be done w/out SLash, etc...but by the same time they were talking about Bucket {good or bad}. Axl was very smart for bringing him along. But now lets see how smart he is with coming up with a replacement for Big B or maybe even trying to get him back....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:32:03 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: