Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Axl is "brilliant"  (Read 14359 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54:39 AM »

Quote from: nesquick link=topic=21528.msg369233#msg369233
you'll see during the next tour, at every show people will massively ask Axl to bring slash back. That will be a non stop request.

I think that's sentiment that will always be present, I expect there will be pleas for Axl's return wherever/whenever Slash plays as well..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 01:15:51 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2005, 11:53:09 AM »

You must remember Axl is 42 years old and not the prettiest guy around anymore. it has to be very hard to attract new fans, 'cause he isn't the same vital energy guy he was during appetite and illusions. what im trying to prove here is, moving the album release forward every year and month makes it harder for him to get attention for he's new band, 'cause think about how fast time passes by, soon hes 45 and flying goes time he's 50.
in one way you're right,but now in his 43 axl is better musican,now he has a lot of expirience and he has a music industry in his small finger!!!
He now to make a hit(he knew that in his youngage too),but now he is music expert!!!
and all we know old words about wine!!!
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2005, 03:17:33 PM »

Slash didn't say "Axl is brillant", splat write what they want  confused Why do they want to add their 2 cents  Roll Eyes
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 03:23:59 PM »

Slash didn't say "Axl is brillant", splat write what they want? confused Why do they want to add their 2 cents? Roll Eyes

Try and notice where the quotation marks are in the headline and article. Maybe that will give you a slightly better understanding of the quotes from Slash.  rofl

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2005, 03:34:33 PM »

Like another post said, buckethead has proven that Slash can be replaced.  So I could care less if Slash ever reunites with Axl.  The key missing person is, was, and always will be Izzy.  The wheels came off when he left.  Izzy wrote songs, Slash wrote solos.  I can picture Axl and Izzy working for hours on a song and then it comes time for a solo.  They walk over to a couch in the studio, wake Slash up from his drug induced stupor, put a guitar in his hand and tell him to play a solo.  Out comes the same old variation of all  of Slash's previous solos.  Slash puts guitar down and nods off on the couch again.
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 04:05:08 PM »

Like another post said, buckethead has proven that Slash can be replaced.

Yea so can Buckethead!

The key missing person is, was, and always will be Izzy. The wheels came off when he left. Izzy wrote songs, Slash wrote solos. I can picture Axl and Izzy working for hours on a song and then it comes time for a solo. They walk over to a couch in the studio, wake Slash up from his drug induced stupor, put a guitar in his hand and tell him to play a solo. Out comes the same old variation of all of Slash's previous solos. Slash puts guitar down and nods off on the couch again.

Oviously u like izzy more thyan slash but jus cus u do doesnt mean that slash wont be forgotten. i mean the pple in my class dont listen to rock n roll at all they're all into this dance crap, but i was talkin to one of the boys an he was askin me who my fav band or artist was an i said guns n roses an he goes "oh yea i know them, thats the guy with all the hair an the top hat,they sing sweet child o mine an paradise city right?" i mean pple will always remember him more than izzy an im not sayin slash is better than izzy im jus sayin that izzy isnt more important than slash, they were a band.

Id also like to point out that it was slash that gave this interview an that he probly thinks izzy's brilliant as well!
 peace
Cubb

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 04:15:38 PM »

Slash didn't say "Axl is brillant", splat write what they want  confused Why do they want to add their 2 cents  Roll Eyes

Try and notice where the quotation marks are in the headline and article. Maybe that will give you a slightly better understanding of the quotes from Slash.  rofl

It's actually misleading. Those quotation marks can mean anything.

Is that all Pingo?
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 04:23:28 PM »

Slash didn't say "Axl is brillant", splat write what they want? confused Why do they want to add their 2 cents? Roll Eyes

Try and notice where the quotation marks are in the headline and article. Maybe that will give you a slightly better understanding of the quotes from Slash.? rofl

It's actually misleading. Those quotation marks can mean anything.

Is that all Pingo?

No they can't. The words in quotation marks are the words that came from Slash in the interview.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »

Ok.
I misunderstood what you two were talking about.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »

My opinion is Slash probaly has inside info in the music industry that this album is actually comin out and it is very good.  With that said, Slash would be a idoit to bash Axl for the mere fact that if this album kicks ass its gonna make slash look like a idoit for bashin.

Just my opinion though.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 06:02:54 PM »

blasphemer

Great minds think alike!   Grin
maybe He even had a listen n got completely blown away already.
Yep, to my wishful thinking.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 07:34:53 PM »

thanks ppbebe  Grin

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 07:54:48 PM »

Slash generally speaks highly of Axl, and has said many times how talented he thinks Axl is. But obviously they have different work ethics and differences of opinion musically.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2005, 07:55:54 PM »

The interview was from the Uk's Channel 4 - Tv text service. And he did say that, it was a genuine compliment.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2005, 06:04:33 AM »

Chinese Democracy is currently slated for release in the 4th Quarter 2005.

Slated by whom?

More B.S.!

darkmonth
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2005, 06:40:07 AM »

Like another post said, buckethead has proven that Slash can be replaced.  So I could care less if Slash ever reunites with Axl.  The key missing person is, was, and always will be Izzy.  The wheels came off when he left.  Izzy wrote songs, Slash wrote solos.  I can picture Axl and Izzy working for hours on a song and then it comes time for a solo.  They walk over to a couch in the studio, wake Slash up from his drug induced stupor, put a guitar in his hand and tell him to play a solo.  Out comes the same old variation of all  of Slash's previous solos.  Slash puts guitar down and nods off on the couch again.

Bullshit.  Ill informed, and misguided.  Please go back and check on the credits of some of Guns BEST songs.  They're not all, as some GnR fans blindly mis-remember, all written by Axl and Izzy.  Welcome to the Jungle.  Coma.  Just two phenomenal tracks.  Both entirely Slash and Axl songs.  Please stop being so misguided.
Elrothiel
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2005, 08:44:46 PM »

Jimmy, great point. The reason Axl is always linked with 'old' GNR is because he never does anything on his own. Whenever fans see a GNR video, hear a song on the radio, see a GNR poster, etc., its always the old band. 'New' GNR does not have its own identity. The only way Axl can cut the umbilical cord to 'old' GNR is to release the album. Period.

exactly James - the release of CD is the only thing that forges a distinction between old and new, and as exciting as all that is, it's still essentially the final nail in the coffin of the greatest American rock band that ever was

Oh my god... Jimmy and James... you two are going to make me cry!! You're reminding me of the fact that they're not even friends anymore! Why can't someone just kidnap them both, stick them in a secure room, and not let them out until they're friends again!!!? Surely isn't that the way? They won't do it on their own!

Oh ignore me!! I'm tired and PMSing, and pissed off that the greatest American rock band (well said Jimmy!) has been long dead, and also that in years and years and years, when ChiDem has been and gone, people will forget what Guns N' Roses once was! Appetite For Destruction will always sell, but never as much as it did, and I'm just rambling now because I feel like shit. *le sigh*

LONG LIVE GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES! *too much metal for one hand symbol*
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2005, 09:10:25 PM »

Axl will not reunite with slash if at all IMO until after all the chinese democracy session music is out because axl i dont think would be an ass to the guys that have been with him for this long and be like ok you guys are out and slash is back in as much of an ass some of us may think Axl is i dont think he woiuld be the kind of guy to screw a guy over just public demand wants it. Tommy, Robin, Brain & richard were brought in because axl felt these guys addedi  something to this band and i think Axl wants to see that thru. Maybe and only maybe after these commitments are met could there b a possible slash return.  I still feel its more important if axl had to choose would be to bring back izzy those 2 wrote what made GnR what they are.  You can always find a good guitarist a great song writer in my opinion is a different story.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2005, 09:27:16 PM »

I used to think a reunion was completely out of the question. I dont think its such a far fetched idea anymore. But Axl has to get CD out of his system first, and show the world he can do it 'on his own'. When Slash, Izzy,Duff, and Matt did some sessions, ans supposedly saved the material for a possible future GNR project, I took that as a good sign. Another good sign is the fact that Slash, Duff, and Izzy havent been "bashing" Axl lately.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2005, 11:30:59 PM »

I don't know, I am so skeptical about the whole reunion thing.  I just don't think Axl will do it.   He seems like one of those people that you piss him off or you wrong him in some way and that's it, you're dead to him.  Also, I can't see Slash and those guys doing it either just because they aren't bashing Axl lately, I don't necessarily know that, that means Slash or Duff would join the stage with him.  But, maybe they are letting their guard down, more relaxed cause VR is doing so well.   Just my opinion, I guess after all the mud swinging between these guys over the years, it's just hard to for me to think they would........but how sweet would that be peace 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: