Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Axl is "brilliant"  (Read 14386 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 07:49:33 PM »

I think your deluded if you think people attending future GN'R shows will go only because of the new line up and CD. ?Of course some will, but i think the majoroty will be going for the name and the music that people already know and love. ?

Unless he down sizes venues - which is not a bad idea anyway actually. ?But to carry a GN'R Arena tour, i would imagine that  it would need to include the old songs. ?Unless he takes a very brave route and does all new material - which i personally wouldn't mind. But i think it has to be all or nothing.

I'm a big Axl supporter and i hope that CD is the success that he wants it to be. ?But he will never be able to get rid of who Guns N' Roses are to the majority of people. ?When you see the full list of who has been and gone in the name of GN'R - since the old guys left. ?It's meaningless because there is nothing to show for it. ?In the Rock history books you will have all these names associated with the GNR name and the only ones that will matter will be the guys that wrote Appetite. ?

Unless he/ or they better it and that is an almost impossible task. ?Anyway let's see. Time will tell.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 08:01:01 PM »

The GNR saga is kind of like that of Pink Floyd's.

Lot's of fighting about the name and who was really responsible for making them big and what not. Both the remaining Floyd members and Roger Waters each had successful post-breakup careers and played to huge venues and released popular albums.

However, neither Gilmore's Floyd nor Waters solo efforts were able to capture the magic they had together. For all the stadiums Floyd played in the early 90's, not one of those shows had that aura of magic that the line-up responsible for their greatest albums had at Live 8.

The GNR situation is no different. Both sides will release popular albums and play to large audiences, but neither will ever fully capture the magic the original GNR had. Just as Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters never captured the magic we witnessed at Live 8. Doesn't mean both VR and GNR can't release great music and be popular, but neither will ever surpass the popularity and success they achieved as a unit. There will always be that lingering feeling of "what if" that will hang over fan's heads, just as it has with other large acts that thought they would be better off on their own.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 08:31:16 PM »

No matter how much CD sells, how successful it may turn out, how many new fans a release may bring to GNR, the image of Axl/Slash will always be a shadow cast over the new band.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 08:38:35 PM »

So this time slash says he knows nothing yet last time he said he knows that Axl only had a few tracks with vocals.  Roll Eyes

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 08:41:37 PM »

The success of the new album and tour will reside with the quality of the new songs. The old catalog couldn't carry the 2002 tour; why should we all expect that it would in 2005. Slash will continue to be a shadow only if the new material doesn't hold up. This isn't a new revelation; axl's fate resides with this album. If it's great, he's back on top. If it's not, time to buy himself a new couch.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

So this time slash says he knows nothing yet last time he said he knows that Axl only had a few tracks with vocals.  Roll Eyes

Bingo captain obvious!  ok  Tune in next week when slash reveals the complete tracklist and Bucketheads replacement!  beer

Slash rocks , no B.S. , just straight up facts from ole Hudson.  smoking

Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 08:53:37 PM »

i just hope that all turns out well,
it would be awsome to have axl and slash re-unite, do put all differences behind them.
i think it will happen some day...
they just cant be stuborn about it

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 08:58:50 PM »

i just hope that all turns out well,
it would be awsome to have axl and slash re-unite, do put all differences behind them.
i think it will happen some day...
they just cant be stuborn about it

Only in music do people try so hard to force people to "get back together" ... they'll shove so much money under peoples nose to get them together.

We outta let things be.

I liken it to a couple getting a divorce .. you dont see people running up to them offering them major cash to "get back together"

Axl and Slash , and all the original band was magic , but they had their reasons to split , and now Slash for example has a very successful new band. It would be nice sometime in the future if they all got back together again , sure. Just the same as I'd like to see Bucket back in GNR. But I think those decisions should be made by them , and not forced unto them by greedy managers and promoters and record label execs.

Just my opinion.  Undecided

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »

This isn't a new revelation; axl's fate resides with this album. If it's great, he's back on top. If it's not, time to buy himself a new couch.

I tend to agree, albeit with a twist.

GNR (no matter what incarnation is under the brand name) was and will always be defined by the AFD era band and material.

Axl Rose's lasting imprint does in fact "reside with this album"...

Well said KV.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 11:42:52 PM »

and will ALWAYS? be one of the first things ppl will remember when hearing the name of GNR.? How many ppl know who Richard,Tommy, or the Brain are?? Nobody will care about them till they prove themselves worthy of the GNR name.?
And if you read what I wrote thats what I basically said. Of course Slash would never be forgotten. BUt if CD is successful it will attract newer fans who are more concerned about the new lineup and its players rather then SLash. Hence Slash leaves the picture.

I think your deluded if you think people attending future GN'R shows will go only because of the new line up and CD.? Of course some will, but i think the majoroty will be going for the name and the music that people already know and love.?
All of those people will know that there is no old gnr at that show. No SLash no Duff no old songs. SO what will they be going for? Axl and the new songs and members{if the album is good}.
If Axl or any of the band members announce in an interview during the promos that the tour setlst will consits of CD songs then peopel will be going for the above mentioned reasons.

But he will never be able to get rid of who Guns N' Roses are to the majority of people.? When you see the full list of who has been and gone in the name of GN'R - since the old guys left.? It's meaningless because there is nothing to show for it.? In the Rock history books you will have all these names associated with the GNR name and the only ones that will matter will be the guys that wrote Appetite.?
Theres nothing to show for it until they get out there and do it! Until the album is released and GNr get out there, GNR will be about the old. When the album is dropped then people will either like this new band or not based on that album.
Is it really out of the question  to think that if CD is considered a great album people would say in 20 years that GNr had 2 great eras of music? WHy cant people enjoy both eras and if warranted why cant the new era get acclaim for their work as well.

Is there a rule that says once a band releases an album they can release anymore good ones?

As for the next tour I think that it will be the real CD tour. If not ill be pissed. No doubt theyll throw in Jungle and Scom but otherwise Im sure we are gonna get a full set of CD.

No matter how much CD sells, how successful it may turn out, how many new fans a release may bring to GNR, the image of Axl/Slash will always be a shadow cast over the new band.
Maybe but it all depends on how good the album is. If its a great album, they will get the respect they deserve and get their own acclaim. No1 is saying will completely leave the picture. Hes a huge part of gnr history. But that doesnt means hes the only part

The success of the new album and tour will reside with the quality of the new songs. The old catalog couldn't carry the 2002 tour; why should we all expect that it would in 2005. Slash will continue to be a shadow only if the new material doesn't hold up. This isn't a new revelation; axl's fate resides with this album. If it's great, he's back on top. If it's not, time to buy himself a new couch.
Bingo

GNR (no matter what incarnation is under the brand name) was and will always be defined by the AFD era band and material.
Doesnt every bigtime band have a defining album?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:45:26 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 11:57:57 PM »

I just find it odd that 1 day hes talking like he knows the situation and another day he says he knows nothing. Which 1 is it? Its the same pattern with the old members. They keep goin back n forth.

LOL! that's the first thing i thought of when i read the piece.? it's so fuckin' funny.? hihi

So this time slash says he knows nothing yet last time he said he knows that Axl only had a few tracks with vocals. Roll Eyes

Actually Dave, he said "only a couple of tracks".? Grin

well...? in any event - it's better to hear him making comments like this.
Tomorrow is a court date, right?? ?hihi
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 12:02:08 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2005, 12:01:11 AM »

Axl + Slash = Fucking Trite.

John Lennon created some truly brilliant music as did Brian Wilson without their former counterparts. Axl had me believing that Slash wasn't relevant to this new GNR when Buckethead came aboard. If he did that once...he can do it again. Drop something brilliant on us, and we will all believe. Its all about the music.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
MikeB
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2005, 12:50:18 AM »

Maybe the original Gn'R won't reunite but I'd be just as happy if only Axl and Slash reunited ,that would be fucking cool.But what seems good is the thing with ex-members bashing Axl after this VR hype seems to be ending. Maybe Slash's feelings for Axl are back to the way they were in the late 90's when he said "If Axl was to break down and finally realize what the meat and potatoes of Guns N' Roses always has been, I'm only a phone call away."? I don't think Slash is going to spend the rest of his life hating the guy after how much fans loved him in Guns n' Roses.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2005, 01:32:40 AM »

FYI, someone posted this at VR's official forum.? I couldn't find the Channel 4 Teletext for this interview, but the poster at VR's forum might point it out.

In other words, it didn't just come from Sp1at? ok

Ali

People in the UK can see it on page 353 I believe.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2005, 04:52:37 AM »

Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
11 July 2005, 10:19 PM

Former Guns n Roses guitarist Slash told UK Channel 4's "Planet Sound" that he believed Chinese Democracy, the long delayed Guns n Roses album, should be "brilliant".

Speaking fairly candidly on the subject Slash said "I know nothing (about Chinese Democracy)" before adding "No record is worth waiting 10 years for but I'll say this: anything Axl does is brilliant in one way or another and I'm sure his new record will be no different".

Chinese Democracy is currently slated for release in the 4th Quarter 2005.

Written by gigger

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=561

I think that Slash wanted to say something!!!
I think this words are mesage for Axl Rose,maybe Slash want to play with Axl again!!!
That's great,but then we have to wait 2 years more
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2005, 05:21:49 AM »

He is so why doubt it and who ever said Slash is a liar. Not me so i agree
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2005, 05:31:38 AM »

I think that Slash wanted to say something!!!
I think this words are mesage for Axl Rose,maybe Slash want to play with Axl again!!!
That's great,but then we have to wait 2 years more
you'll see during the next tour, at every show people will massively ask Axl to bring slash back. That will be a non stop request.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2005, 09:11:42 AM »

It's strange that some of you hate Slash so much that when he says something nice about Axl, you hate him even more. Get a life.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2005, 10:20:09 AM »

Thank you, Slash!  rant  Thank you!
Mikka I was told off for saying this. not a bit sarcastic that was. Cry

Slash speaking well of axl n CD and this time claiming to know nothing might be a good omen. who knows?

Nes,
No matter how great they are? Like the last tour? I don't think so.
I hope not.  imagine how much hard time they will have gone through by then.
makane
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2005, 10:36:08 AM »

You must remember Axl is 42 years old and not the prettiest guy around anymore. it has to be very hard to attract new fans, 'cause he isn't the same vital energy guy he was during appetite and illusions. what im trying to prove here is, moving the album release forward every year and month makes it harder for him to get attention for he's new band, 'cause think about how fast time passes by, soon hes 45 and flying goes time he's 50.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: