Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Axl is "brilliant"  (Read 14251 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: July 11, 2005, 06:07:09 PM »

Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
11 July 2005, 10:19 PM

Former Guns n Roses guitarist Slash told UK Channel 4's "Planet Sound" that he believed Chinese Democracy, the long delayed Guns n Roses album, should be "brilliant".

Speaking fairly candidly on the subject Slash said "I know nothing (about Chinese Democracy)" before adding "No record is worth waiting 10 years for but I'll say this: anything Axl does is brilliant in one way or another and I'm sure his new record will be no different".

Chinese Democracy is currently slated for release in the 4th Quarter 2005.

Written by gigger

Source: http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=561

vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 06:08:22 PM »

before everyone throws a shit-fit, YES this was posted as NEWS at sp1at  peace Grin

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 06:16:13 PM »

GN'R without Slash is like the Rolling Stones without keith Richards. Slash must be back on lead.
Axl + Slash = magic.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »

FYI, someone posted this at VR's official forum.  I couldn't find the Channel 4 Teletext for this interview, but the poster at VR's forum might point it out.

In other words, it didn't just come from Sp1at  ok

Ali
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 06:29:40 PM »

That doesnt suprise me, js because Slash has personal gripes against Axl doesnt meant he doesnt think the guys talented. Slash wouldnt have worked with Axl for all those yrs if he didnt.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 06:33:15 PM »

now i think axl should get off his fat ass and call slash and sort things out so then they can like sometimes join each other on stage.

html sucks
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »

You'll see, when the new GN'R tour starts, at EVERY concert there will be messages for Axl about Slash: "Axl call slash" etc... or people in the audience asking for Slash return... I hope Axl has solid nerves because it may be a non-stop demand.

The more the times pasts, the more people want Slash back.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:40:52 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 06:53:43 PM »

I know nothing (about Chinese Democracy)
I thought you were the one who said there were only 2 finished tracks? Must have been that other Slash who was doin his VR promo

Axl + Slash = magic.
That is 100% true...but that doesnt mean Axl and Slash for that matter cant still make greta music with other people.

now i think axl should get off his fat ass and call slash and sort things out so then they can like sometimes join each other on stage.
why becuase of what Slash said?

You'll see, when the new GN'R tour starts, at EVERY concert there will be messages for Axl about Slash: "Axl call slash" etc
I doubt it. The people at the next tour will be there because they enjoy CD and want to see those songs being played in a live fashion. SOngs in which SLash or any other old member have nothing to do with.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 06:57:39 PM »

GN'R without Slash is like the Rolling Stones without keith Richards. Slash must be back on lead.
Axl + Slash = magic.

I'm sure Axl and Slash can make their own magic with others. It is what is beautiful about art.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 07:01:23 PM »

I know nothing (about Chinese Democracy)
I thought you were the one who said there were only 2 finished tracks? Must have been that other Slash who was doin his VR promo

You can't keep your damn opinions away for one post can you?  Just accept what Slash has said.  He hasn't heard anything recently, but I'm sure he's heard tracks that Axl was once working on.  He has NO reason to lie.  Just grow up.  Please.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:03:25 PM »

You'll see, when the new GN'R tour starts, at EVERY concert there will be messages for Axl about Slash: "Axl call slash" etc

I doubt it. The people at the next tour will be there because they enjoy CD and want to see those songs being played in a live fashion. SOngs in which SLash or any other old member have nothing to do with.

The majority of the people will be at the show because of the name alone. They may enjoy the new material, but the new GNR ?will definetly play old GNR hits(with Slash). ?People identify GNR as 2 people- Axl and Slash. ?As long (and if) GNR tours again, Slash will always be brought up, and theirs nothing Axl can do about it. ?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »

Slash has always been generous in his praise of Axls talents...

It will be with a sense of meloncholy that CD will be released - even though we'll all be jubilant that it has finally been released, surely most of us will be a little sad that Axl has finally made the split with the originals official?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 07:10:22 PM »

Jimmy, great point. The reason Axl is always linked with 'old' GNR is because he never does anything on his own. Whenever fans see a GNR video, hear a song on the radio, see a GNR poster, etc., its always the old band. 'New' GNR does not have its own identity. The only way Axl can cut the umbilical cord to 'old' GNR is to release the album. Period.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 07:15:06 PM »

Jimmy, great point. The reason Axl is always linked with 'old' GNR is because he never does anything on his own. Whenever fans see a GNR video, hear a song on the radio, see a GNR poster, etc., its always the old band. 'New' GNR does not have its own identity. The only way Axl can cut the umbilical cord to 'old' GNR is to release the album. Period.

exactly James - the release of CD is the only thing that forges a distinction between old and new, and as exciting as all that is, it's still essentially the final nail in the coffin of the greatest American rock band that ever was

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 07:15:35 PM »

time passed by, i would love the guys to go for beach picnics with their wifes and kids ...

No one forces them to be together 24/24 now, they can be mates again..

Nothing to say
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 07:24:02 PM »

You can't keep your damn opinions away for one post can you?
I havnt been active lately, what you talkin bout you guitar god you?

He hasn't heard anything recently, but I'm sure he's heard tracks that Axl was once working on. ?He has NO reason to lie. ?Just grow up. ?Please.
Where did I say he is blowin smoke? I just find it odd that 1 day hes talking like he knows the situation and another day he says he knows nothing. Which 1 is it? Its the same pattern with the old members. They keep goin back n forth.

I know he has nothing really bad to say about Axls talents. They both have respect for each other.

The majority of the people will be at the show because of the name alone. They may enjoy the new material, but the new GNR ?will definetly play old GNR hits(with Slash). ?People identify GNR as 2 people- Axl and Slash. ?As long (and if) GNR tours again, Slash will always be brought up, and theirs nothing Axl can do about it. ?
People will be at that show because of CD. They will know who is in the band and what they play. Alhtough Im sure they might play some of the hits like WTTJ,SCOM and PC I doubt they will play all the others like they did in 2002. Axl said on tour that he wanted to give the fans one last chance to hear the old songs.

If you think the members of this band will go out and do 2002 all over agian instead of playing the album they busted their asses for then your nuts.

WHen/If Axl moves on witht he 2nd era of gnr then Slash will slowly leave the picture. Not that people will forget him but people will realize that its over and that its abot new gnr now. When CD drops, it will attract NEW fans who dont know much about the history of gnr or just dont care. WHat they care about is the new band and Fincks solo's and Brains drumming and tommys baselines. and Buckets Shredding?? Cry{please?Huh}
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 07:26:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 07:28:09 PM »

Well we all know life is too short. ?And they had more good come out of the relationships they had than bad. ?They had something special together that they have all been searching for since.

They will all be in their 40's now when Slash gets there this summer. ?It's inevitable that they will eventually make up, but i would hope it was sooner rather than later.
Axl could still release CD under his own name. ?It would still be huge, people love him. ?But then get to work on a Classic line up GNR record. ?Get out of that perfectionist zone that seems to hold his work back. ?

But hey i can't question the man, he only does what he wants anyway lol i just hope we do get to hear him soon. ?

PS It was a nice compliment from Slash.  Don't taint it, just accept it as a nice comment lol.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 07:30:29 PM »

WHen/If Axl moves on witht he 2nd era of gnr then Slash will slowly leave the picture. Not that people will forget him but peopel will realize that its over and that its abot new gnr now. When CD drops, it will attract NEW fans who dont know much about the history of gnr or just dont care. WHat they care about is the new band and Fincks solo's and Brains drumming and tommys baselines. and Buckets Shredding?? {please?}

Slash will never leave the picture. ?He may be Axl's equal on the poularity chart (maybe more) and will ALWAYS ?be one of the first things ppl will remember when hearing the name of GNR. ?How many ppl know who Richard,Tommy, or the Brain are? ?Nobody will care about them till they prove themselves worthy of the GNR name. ?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 07:36:52 PM »

Jimmy, interesting that you use the 'nail in the coffin' line. Sometimes I wonder if this is one of the reasons for no new album after all these years. Basically, a new album completely changes everything to do with GNR. The band will never be looked at in the same light again, regardless of how good or bad CD is. Axl is taking a HUGE risk, and he knows it. 'Old' GNR turned into a strange enigma, 'the Led Zeppelin that never was'. GNR had unlimited potential, and everyone knew it, but it blew up in their faces. With all this time that has elapsed, it created a 'coolness' factor to 'old' GNR. If this 'enigma' is shattered, Axl will not only destroy his current career, but risks a future disinterest in the old band and a major loss of money in back catalogue sales.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 07:37:38 PM »

WHen/If Axl moves on witht he 2nd era of gnr then Slash will slowly leave the picture. Not that people will forget him but peopel will realize that its over and that its abot new gnr now. When CD drops, it will attract NEW fans who dont know much about the history of gnr or just dont care. WHat they care about is the new band and Fincks solo's and Brains drumming and tommys baselines. and Buckets Shredding?? {please?}

Slash will never leave the picture. ?He may be Axl's equal on the poularity chart (maybe more) and will ALWAYS ?be one of the first things ppl will remember when hearing the name of GNR. ?How many ppl know who Richard,Tommy, or the Brain are? ?Nobody will care about them till they prove themselves worthy of the GNR name. ?

True.. ?When GNR is mentioned outside of this world, it's the old. ?Axl has to get these guys out there to be recognized with the GNR name and as a band in the here and now.

BTW - I think it's great that Slash had some nice things to say ok ? a little knock about the timeframe but that's to be expected.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: