Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says Axl is "brilliant"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Axl is "brilliant"  (Read 14357 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2005, 11:57:29 PM »

I don't know, I am so skeptical about the whole reunion thing.  I just don't think Axl will do it.   He seems like one of those people that you piss him off or you wrong him in some way and that's it, you're dead to him. 

Just like a mob boss.  hihi

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2005, 12:14:07 AM »

DTJ, I see what you're saying, and Axl does have a reputation for burning bridges permanently, but he did try bringing Izzy back in to the fold in 1998, even after making harsh remarks about Izzy in some old interviews. So even though the chances are slim, its possible. If Axl were to call them, they'd probably be at his mansion in 5 minutes. Even if they hated each other, it's possible. Jagger hates Richards, and The Eagles supposedly hate each other's guts. But I wouldnt want them back if hate was involved. GNR had a special magic, and I highly doubt hatred would create very good new material. I'm using the Stones as an example of that.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2005, 08:20:22 AM »

DTJ, I see what you're saying, and Axl does have a reputation for burning bridges permanently, but he did try bringing Izzy back in to the fold in 1998, even after making harsh remarks about Izzy in some old interviews. So even though the chances are slim, its possible. If Axl were to call them, they'd probably be at his mansion in 5 minutes. Even if they hated each other, it's possible. Jagger hates Richards, and The Eagles supposedly hate each other's guts. But I wouldnt want them back if hate was involved. GNR had a special magic, and I highly doubt hatred would create very good new material. I'm using the Stones as an example of that.

But The Stones never broke up. Face it, there will not be a reunion in the near future. Maybe if Axl releases Chinese Democracy, some years go by and he'll hate Finck & Co more than Slash & Co... But I think he'll find another players, not the old ones. No, there will be no reunion.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2005, 09:54:25 AM »

But what you have to remember is that Axl is 42 now.? I'd hope that by the time i get to that age i'd have learnt a thing or two.? I love Axl, but you can't keep making excuses for these grown men.? How long can you keep a grudge you know? It's nearly 10 years since Slash left.

As far as we know nothing serious happened between them, didn't even come to blows.? ?Their relationship just dissolved through both of their faults, egos, money, difference of direction ect.? But most of it is hot air and like i said as far as we know nothing too serious.? ?

Life is too short for BS.? We're all guilty of it from time to time, but surely 10 years is enough healing time for anyone.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »

Slash rocks. What more should i say? Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2005, 11:01:48 AM »

Up to the RIR3 show , axl's hatred for the old members was still very visible. Blaming them , the former friends , for trying to keep him from being there that night.

I wish he woulda went into more detail of exactly what that meant.  Huh

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2005, 04:46:11 PM »

Up to the RIR3 show , axl's hatred for the old members was still very visible. Blaming them , the former friends , for trying to keep him from being there that night.

That was nearly as lame an excuse as blaming the BH departure for the last RIR cancelation.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2005, 05:19:43 PM »

I don't know, I am so skeptical about the whole reunion thing.  I just don't think Axl will do it.   He seems like one of those people that you piss him off or you wrong him in some way and that's it, you're dead to him. 

Just like a mob boss.  hihi

Ha! yeah, except he can't kill them Wink

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »

Well if Axl was to ever soften and Slash and Co would be into it, that would be most amazing ok

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2005, 05:41:28 PM »

That was nearly as lame an excuse as blaming the BH departure for the last RIR cancelation.
why is it a lame excuse?

And was it even an excuse? He was saying his side of the story and how the old members did everything they could to stop him from moving foward with the gnr name, etc. How is that lame?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2005, 05:49:23 PM »

why is it a lame excuse?

And was it even an excuse? He was saying his side of the story and how the old members did everything they could to stop him from moving foward with the gnr name, etc. How is that lame?

commonly referred to as a 'siege mentality'

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »

maybe its the truth??

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2005, 06:33:18 PM »

maybe its the truth??

maybe, but Axl tends to have a habit of explaining delays/no shows/cancellations by deferring blame onto others.
It is often explained in a way that would lead one to assume people are attacking him or perhaps more appropriately 'out to get him' which is why i mention the siege mentality

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2005, 08:13:03 PM »

why is it a lame excuse?

How in any way did any of his former bandmates try to prevent him from continuing his musical career?

Through all the he said/they said BS, lawsuits and general backbiting, I don't recall anyything regarding the former members trying to prevent him from making music and touring.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2005, 08:53:44 PM »

That could be metaphor for the harassing pressure the reunionists (in the industry)that keep trying to push him to reunite with his former friends, put on the band or for the legal issues with them over the rights to the songs n stuff.

Ok,Pure speculation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 08:56:28 PM by ppbebe » Logged
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2005, 09:07:59 PM »

here's my hollywood happy thought....

when slash said that only a couple of songs had finished vocal tracks, only a couple of songs had finished vocal tracks.

now the thing is done and it's comming sometime during the 4. quarter of 05 and slash knows it so he might aswell be positve about the whole ordeal and his ol pal axl.

what do you give me? Wink

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2005, 09:20:02 PM »

erose, welcome to da club.  Cheesy

basphemer and me have gone to your hollywood at page 3.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2005, 09:29:58 PM »

here's my hollywood happy thought....

when slash said that only a couple of songs had finished vocal tracks, only a couple of songs had finished vocal tracks.

now the thing is done and it's comming sometime during the 4. quarter of 05 and slash knows it so he might aswell be positve about the whole ordeal and his ol pal axl.

what do you give me? Wink

I hope you're right  drool

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2005, 11:05:59 PM »

are you trying to say GNR coulda played RIR4 without Buckethead?! Impossible! Who woulda played the "think about you" solo break?!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2005, 11:18:18 PM »

are you trying to say GNR coulda played RIR4 without Buckethead?!
yes. The band would have been less ridiculous onstage.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 11:20:26 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: