Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Deserves Respect
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Deserves Respect  (Read 18300 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »

Axl Rose is the Ultimate Warrior of rock n roll.  A guy who was huge in his prime, but royally fucked himself because he lost sight of everything that got him where he was. because he was too damn self-centered and egotistical.

Granted, there is one difference, Axl has talent and the Warrior was a shit wrestler who was just marketed well, but aside from that, they are exactly alike.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2005, 09:45:31 PM »

In the time that it has taken Axl to work on his new album:

The Beatles released 13 classic albums, and two albums worth of non-album singles
The Great wall of China was built
JFK was shot, nam, Watergate
Dont forget 2 Reagan terms and 1 Bush term. ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2005, 09:49:12 PM »

The Beatles released 13 classic albums, and two albums worth of non-album singles
JFK was shot, nam, Watergate
Dont forget 2 Reagan terms and 1 Bush term. ok

I would rather forget about those.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2005, 10:21:36 PM »

't was originated from the walls constructed during the Warring States period (year 770 bc ~403bc) and made up into one Great Wall by the First Emperor of the Qin in the 3rd century B.C. Hummm....Memories. yes
RichardNixon
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2005, 11:27:25 PM »

't was originated from the walls constructed during the Warring States period (year 770 bc ~403bc) and made up into one Great Wall by the First Emperor of the Qin in the 3rd century B.C. Hummm....Memories. yes

I bet it will take that long for "Chinese Democracy" to be completed. Axl's head will be in a jar, like in Futureama, and it will take him three thosand years to get his perfect record.
Jonathan
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:57 PM »

I bet it will take that long for "Chinese Democracy" to be completed. Axl's head will be in a jar, like in Futureama, and it will take him three thosand years to get his perfect record.

Haha
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2005, 03:58:20 AM »

Oh please, give me a fucking break. If axl deserves respect for what he's doing now & been doing for the last god knows how many years, what do you have to say about people & musicians who actually create & produce music and are actually contributing to society?

Someone like Bruce Springsteen, for example. Comes out of semi-retirement in the late 90's with the e street band & goes on a year+ world tour, playing 3+ hours a night, never missing a show, or giving a sub-par performance.? Then, when 9/11 happens, reconvenes the e street band to record an absolutely brilliant album(The Rising), performs countless acts of charity, donates endless amounts of time & money, hell here in New Jersey he was playing benefits every week either at the Stone Pony, Count Basie Theatre, Convention Center in Asbury Park, Continental Arena, he sold out something like 10 straight shows at Giants Stadium, I can go on & on...

Or someone like Jeff Tweedy? He does nothing but put out brilliant album after brilliant album after briliant album. He has totally re-invented his sound at least 3 times already, each time better than the last one.He's a true musical pioneer, & I bet 3/4 of the people on this board have no idea who he is, although his band headlined Madison Square Garden last New Years Eve.? He(and Jay Farar) are responsible for three of the most creative, influental, & innovative American bands of the last 20 years(secret prize to whoever can name the 3 bands). After hearing his "new" gnr material, if you still want to cal it new, Axl can only DREAM about writing an album as good as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, or A Ghost is Born, or Being There, or Anodyne, Or Wide Swing Tremolo.

How about Les Claypool, or even Buckethead, for that matter. These guys are fucking MUSICIANS, man. Not fucking poser "rock stars". I saw Les a few weeks ago & he just tore that shit up, he was a bit under the whether health wise, but he still showed up & played for close to 3 hours.? He's prolific as hell, & he's shared the stage with everyone from Trey Anastacio to BH to the guys in PFunk to Stewart Copeland.

How about people like Tom Morelli & Serge from System of a Down who, while being fine musicians in their own right, are actually putting their money where their mouths are & are dedicating large parts of their lives to making the world a better place for the downtrodden, the needy, the homeless, the disenfranchised. Do some research on them & you'll see what I mean. I might not agree with their politics, but I respect what they are doing.

These are just off the top of my head, but there are countless others - what about the ones who just go out & do it - release albums, tour constantly, put out a good product & always give people their money's worth? Groups & Artists like Iron Maiden, Weezer, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Phish(rip), Moe, String Cheese Incident, RUSH, Steve Vai, Brian Setzer, Pearl Jam, Dream Theatre, Macca, Stones, Radiohead, Interpol, Tom Petty, Eric Johnson, the list is practically endless.

So if you want to whine like a little bitch that axl doesn't get the respect you think he deserves, hey, knock yourself out. I'll save my respect for those whose actions actually merit respect.

Oh yea, one more thing. Those of you who "celebrate" axl's, childish, immature, self-centered, narcisstic, erratic, unstable personality as some sort of "true rock star" persona, grow the fuck up, already.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2005, 08:30:37 AM »

So if you want to whine like a little bitch that axl doesn't get the respect you think he deserves, hey, knock yourself out. I'll save my respect for those whose actions actually merit respect.

1) I'm not a "bitch".

2) I never said Axl Rose doesn't get the respect he deserves.

- I was simply saying why I respect Axl Rose today. I respect him for keeping his integrity and for not whoring himself to the media.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2005, 12:59:19 PM »

Nay. he should still have his head on his shoulders then, betcha.
Just look at his thick-ass neck, and your statement I quoted.

You're basically saying that Chinese democracy was initiate in about the year 995 b.c and is now about to be completed after the bloody three thousand years.

Respect is not the word?AWE is!!!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2005, 09:12:47 PM »

Those of you who "celebrate" axl's, childish, immature, self-centered, narcisstic, erratic, unstable personality as some sort of "true rock star" persona, grow the fuck up, already.

by golly I could not have said it any better.  I was wondering if I'd have to be the first bloke to say that.  it's the truth and needed to be told.
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2005, 01:05:04 AM »

Those of you who "celebrate" axl's, childish, immature, self-centered, narcisstic, erratic, unstable personality as some sort of "true rock star" persona, grow the fuck up, already.

by golly I could not have said it any better.? I was wondering if I'd have to be the first bloke to say that.? it's the truth and needed to be told.

maybe we're not "celebrating" his behavior, but we RESPECT his decisions in life.  I don't know the guy or anything, but what he has accomplished to date (along w/ Izzy and Slash) has been ten times more than any of us have, I am sure. In terms of history--he has made his mark.  AFD will be one of those albums ppl remember....as well as his erratic bahaviour! If he never releases anything else, I really don't care bc I have the albums right now, and thank him and the rest of GNR for turning me onto great music.  My world would not be the same...that is for sure.  (I mean I love all other types of music, but none like GNR). 
Axl is a difficult person, that we have yet to figure out...and that's what intrigues us...

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2005, 04:07:53 AM »

Sure Axl misses shows, makes ridiculous rants and generally causes chaos...

But... thats Axl Rose.

I - for one - wouldn't want him any other way.

Have you ever been to a show where he didn't show up?  I definitely would want him another way.  The way that shows up when people (me) pay to see him.  Awesome post, providman.  You pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2005, 06:09:58 AM »

providman- jeff tweedy ? not bad but apples and fuckin oranges; wtf are you doing on a gnr forum if you think AXL can only dream about making a brilliant album ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2005, 12:53:10 PM »

AFD and UYI was all good! Maybe he could put out a redord and tour anytime "soon"? Other respect for all human beings

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2005, 01:36:46 PM »

providman- jeff tweedy ? not bad but apples and fuckin oranges; wtf are you doing on a gnr forum if you think AXL can only dream about making a brilliant album ?

Hey man, as far as I'm concerned, good music is good music. I think that if axl had written a song like "Poor Places" , "Misunderstood", "Radio Cures", or even "Spiders(Kidsmoke)" & then played them on that "tour" of his a few years ago, all these axl fans would have been praising him to the high heavens for being so original, so daring, & so different from everything else that is out there. And rightfully so. I don't think Axl has it in him to create that type of original creative music.

I also think it's becoming more & more apparant as the weeks, months, years, & decades pass that if axl was capable of creating a masterpiece at least as good as his earlier work, we would have seen it by now. Don't get me wrong - Madagascar, the Blues, IRS - they all sound like good songs but hardly the inspired works of genius, IMO,? so many people think they are, & songs like CD, Silkworms, Rhiad are just average at best, IMO.

To tell you the truth, I have been so turned off by axl's actions & un-action(is that a word?) since he started this "comeback" of his, I keep coming to these board just to get the inevitable news, which I believe will come sooner or later, that the whole thing is over. I think axl will probably be dropped from his label, & then he will get sued for the money Geffen/Santuary/whoever paid him for failure to live up to his contract. That's my opinion. 

Elrothiel
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2005, 02:12:05 PM »

Ya know what, I FUCKING respect Axl in every way. For ALL the reasons that ARC said and more!! All you haters should be ashamed of yourselves! What right do you have to slate him for not putting the album out when you're the ones saying its probably gunna be shit knowing FULL well that he has self-esteem issues.

Many of you may not realize this, but people with self-esteem issues often disguise it by acting in a way that to YOU seemz arrogant or with an air of self-importance.

So you people calling him arrogant, FUCK YOU you ignorant motherfucker! rant Angry
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

I respect Axl for the albums he has helped create and songs he has written. No, I do not think he owes his fans anything, he has given them so much. However, over the past few years, my "faith" in Axl has declined. "See you next summer" "nearly complete"...We've all heard these things in 2002 and even years before that. I am no musician, but if I was given an almost endless supply of money to work on an enourmous project (in music or not), I feel that I could pull it together within five to seven years. Maybe you feel like that is a pretty arrogant statement, but if you actually stop and think, I think you'll realize how long seven years is...Think of how much you have done in the past seven years of your life.

Now, does Axl have mental issues? Yes, I believe so. But I don't understand how that excuses him for not releasing the album yet. "He's a perfectionist, it has to be perfect, it has to be in his eyes the best album he has ever done."
Chinese Democracy will never be perfect because everyone has different tastes and opinions. However, I feel that the increasing amount money and time poured into this album is only increasing the expectations for it to be something amazing. Axl must know this, and even though "Axl Rose is clearly not compromising his vision or art," he must still want to succeed with this album.

I feel that Axl is really digging himself in a deep hole as each day and rumor passes. If this album ever comes out, I feel that Axl will face scrutiny reguardless of how well the album does. "Why did this take you so long, why isn't this better, etc?"

Axl Rose is not only a rockstar, but a frontman. We all analyze and talk about him daily...these are things that come with being a celebrity. Call me an asshole if you'd like, but your only kidding yourself if you don't think that being in the spotlight has a terrible dark side.

So, with that people said, it's up to Axl Rose and Axl Rose alone to shut me and everyone else up who has doubted him over the past few years.

It he doesn't, I'll still love his music that he has released.
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2005, 05:29:02 PM »

"Axl Rose Deserves Respect"

I respect Axl Rose because he is not running to the commands of others.

I respect Axl Rose because he is clearly not compromising his vision or art.

I respect Axl Rose because he is not playing the "celebrity" game by whoring himself to the media for attention.

I respect Axl Rose for not settling for mediocrity.

I respect Axl Rose for continuing to carry the burden of "Chinese Democracy" despite the weight it must be on his shoulders. (Evidence of Axl Rose's rumoured "large balls" here...)

I respect Axl Rose for moving away from the Guns N' Roses "sound". Something called "creativity" - Bon Jovi should look and learn.

I respect Axl Rose for being the last of the great rock stars. A dying bunch...? No, a dead one. Well, there's one guy left.

- Axl Rose Child

very true, man.  ok though i do like to bust on my Axl from time to time, you can't beat his efforts for trying to bury the likes of AFD and UYI and trying to start something new.  peace

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »

Respect!

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2005, 05:11:31 PM »

Skinny Girl, there is a difference between wanting to fuck Axl and respecting him.  Get a grip. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: