Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 207264 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »

All you guys who don't believe this and are bashing him, are fucking it up for everyone.  If you really don't believe the guy, then don't come to this thread and post.  Leave us believers to ourselves.  And for that one person who emailed Dizzy on myspace, sweet move ok rant  Have a little fuckin patience.

You people seriously can't wait one damn week to see if this is true or not? 

Like I said earlier, if you don't believe this guy, then DONT POST HERE!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »

True, true but, there is a slight difference taking charge and running the show. I'm thinking the album will be about 85-90% Axl and 10-15% the rest of the band. Those are by no means real #'s but just my opinion on what the music credits may look like. Axl scatched and clawed to get sole control of GnR, I highly doubt he would hand out peices of it out like it was a Christmas present of "Dogs and Suds Secret Sauce"

serious?      from what we know it?s pretty safe to say that it`s nearly the other way around.... it`s called a "collaborative effort".

Yeah see my posts from yesterday about this "collaboration" (pages 2-5) They are just my opinions but feel free to comment beer

BTW if you think Axl is only responsible for 10-15% of this upcoming album....then dude, you need to lay of the drugs. seriously man

calm down dude no

i don`t think this is something like an "axl solo project". he may wrote some songs and some parts and the lyrics of course. but the rest was written by the band. axl isn`t really into writing songs i guess.... by the way i`m happy about every song axl writes....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2006, 02:54:37 PM »

Madagascar88
Fuck the people who say shit...It's the internet for fuck sakes dude.
I for one am interested in hearing the rest of what you've got to say.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »

calm down dude no

i don`t think this is something like an "axl solo project". he may wrote some songs and some parts and the lyrics of course. but the rest was written by the band. axl isn`t really into writing songs i guess.... by the way i`m happy about every song axl writes....

I'm calm. hihi are my posts that bad that people think I'm pissed off allt the time or something? Grin I'm not, I guess I'm just misunderstood. Cry peace

Axl has wrote lots of songs without his old bandmates, November Rain, The Garden, Dead Horse, Yesterdays, Breakdown, Shotgun Blues, Estranged & My World from the Illusion Records, before that all credits went to "Guns N Roses" not individuals so it's harder to track back then. The lawsuit for royalties stated that Axl was responsible for like 40% or something of all the song writing way back then. I just think you can expect much higher numbers for this upcoming album. It will be very Axl driven IMHO.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 03:19:19 PM by Neemo » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2006, 03:15:42 PM »

True, true but, there is a slight difference taking charge and running the show. I'm thinking the album will be about 85-90% Axl and 10-15% the rest of the band. Those are by no means real #'s but just my opinion on what the music credits may look like. Axl scatched and clawed to get sole control of GnR, I highly doubt he would hand out peices of it out like it was a Christmas present of "Dogs and Suds Secret Sauce"

serious?      from what we know it?s pretty safe to say that it`s nearly the other way around.... it`s called a "collaborative effort".

Yeah see my posts from yesterday about this "collaboration" (pages 2-5) They are just my opinions but feel free to comment beer

BTW if you think Axl is only responsible for 10-15% of this upcoming album....then dude, you need to lay of the drugs. seriously man

calm down dude no

I'm with you warose.

Neemo, My point is that this band is, in its own right, no less a genuine band than any other band ever existed. Apparently they get on well with each other personally, not to mention musically.. I'm positive that each member of the band contributes and dedicate to the band as much as any band animal does to their band....... save for Axl.

The thing is just that the leader is not like other band front men. He not only being a sole lyric writer has served concurrently as a producer, a manager, an A&Rman and many other things while other bands entrust these chores to professionals outside the band.
Well you long term fans may see it as an Axl project because your interests are only Axl. But to complete the project, this band has to be Guns n Roses. That is Chinese Democracy.

Axl Rose: " There's a lot of things that? we come up with new ideas that we're working on as we go, and it is a really, really slow process, because it's kind of left more to ourselves in trying to figure it our where? What I've seen in this industry is that, if a record company? I don't know. There seems to be a lot more support for getting things done with newer bands, and it's got a lot to do with contracts being, you know, they don't have to spend as much money on the band, and they're trying to get it out there, and the next thing you know, they've sold a couple of albums and then they don't care about that band anymore and they move on and that band falls apart. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of support for bands that have been around. That's my experience. So in putting this thing together, in a lot of ways, I've had to do way more jobs in it than I'm supposed to ? I've had to be manager, A&R man, producer, sole lyric writer, and a lot of [other] things, where GUNS N' ROSES, to me, what I worked really hard at was making it a collaborative effort, and it was a lot of people involved. This is a collaborative effort with the players, but the players aren't exactly sure what it should be to try to win over the world GUNS N' ROSES style. So that's kind of my responsibility. It took a long time, but now it's working, and I think we'll have the right record, and when we do drop the record, the plan is to drop the record, have a bunch of extra tracks, about a year or so down the road drop another record and drop a third record. This is a three-stage thing and we'll be touring for a real long time." - from  101 WRIF radio interview, Nov. 21 2002
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=581
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2006, 03:22:24 PM »

WARose/ppbebe I'm not saying it is not a genuine band, hmmmmm

here lets take a old GnR song

November Rain, Axl's baby. He wrote the whole bloody thing, arranged the orchestra on his computer and all that shit (or so i recall reading) of course Duff Did the bass parts and Slash played solos and Matt played drums, but it's Axl's song. With the piano and beat layed down all Sorum would've had to do is mimic it and add a bit of his own artistic flair, same with the Izzy and Slash on rhythm guitar and Duff on Bass. Dizzy just plays what Axl does. Then Slash goes back over it and adds a couple Solos. (It's not hard to lay a solo on a song if you know what you are doing, and i think we can all agree that Slash knows what he's doing when it comes to guitars, solo's kick ass but they don't make songs.) BAM!! there is the finished NR.

But who wrote it?

Yes of course Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt and Dizzy all contributed to it but Axl wrote the motherfucker.

PS i heard that Interview live BTW  beer I happened to be driving through Detroit at the time

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

Ok i agree I might have been a little high on the 85%/15% bit, but I seriously think it'll be close to that ratio. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Axl gets sole song writing credits on more than half the songs.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Axl gets sole song writing credits on more than half the songs.
I would.
Warren
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »

This topic should be closed as the interview is clearly a fake.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2006, 03:58:47 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Axl gets sole song writing credits on more than half the songs.
I would.

me, too.  well  let the point alone, that axl said numerous times that it`s a collaborative effort. and he can`t release a new gnr record on which half of the songs are written by him , without having the media bitching about a solo record etc....

and well    i guess you can`t compare the old band?s writing style to the new ones. not that i`d know what`s going on, from what we`ve heard it`s really different. didn?t axl/dizzy/tommy say in an interview some years ago that they were colllecting ideas, first and then saved them and after that started to built songs out of it?        well   i hope we`ll see who wrote what, soon, but until then i`ll believe that it`s a real collaborative effort. ppbebe  do you have some more quotes?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

No, I think you're a fake  drool
Warren
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »

No, I think you're a fake? drool
Feel free to look stupid. ok
rainX
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2006, 04:53:41 PM »

No To GN'R Re-union
Written by Administrator   
Wednesday, 25 January 2006

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that there is 'no truth' to recent news reports stating that Axl wants to reform the original line-up of GN'R (a story that has somehow evolved from the recent Rolling Stone story).

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'. Splat has verified though that the interviewer (Madagascar88) does attend Cornell University and is a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity.

anyone else post this already from the ol sp1at?

I heard this Merck guy is really "in the know"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »

Thanks rainX ok

The first part was believable IMO.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »

So does that mean that this entire interview is no longer valid?

Because if it is, then I think that Madagascar88 should be banned. He should never be allowed to post here again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:05:14 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
rainX
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2006, 05:04:51 PM »

So does that mean that this entire interview is no longer valid?

If it means that, then Chinese Democracy also came out in 2005.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »

No To GN'R Re-union
Written by Administrator? ?

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that there is 'no truth' to recent news reports stating that Axl wants to reform the original line-up of GN'R (a story that has somehow evolved from the recent Rolling Stone story).

There is also no truth to Dizzy's recent revelations that ex-members have 'offered bigtime for a re-union'. Splat has verified though that the interviewer (Madagascar88) does attend Cornell University and is a member of the Zeta Psi fraternity.

rofl rofl rofl  Is this a joke?  So splat knows who this kid is and that he goes to Cornell and is Zeta Psi fraternity.  Is Splat in the FBI?  hihi  This whole thing is getting rediculas, and has splat ever had reliable news?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
rainX
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »

No To GN'R Re-union
Written by Administrator   

rofl rofl rofl  Is this a joke?  So splat knows who this kid is and that he goes to Cornell and is Zeta Psi fraternity.  Is Splat in the FBI?  hihi  This whole thing is getting rediculas, and has splat ever had reliable news?

What? Sp1at is like the CNN of the GNR world.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »

yer, that and they control the mpa, along with the underground railroad. lol

Now things are getting rediculous.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2006, 06:10:31 PM »

Yeah, splat are the Woodward and Bernstein of useless GnR rumor mongering.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: