Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 207269 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2006, 12:14:42 AM »

I think it's really uncalled for and unnecessary the way some people attack someone they don't believe.? Its not like anybody doing the name calling had any facts to back up their position.?

The guy was probably telling the truth, even if he didn't quote exactly or misinterpreted some things Dizzy said.? He's not a professional journalist.? I don't blame him for bailing either.? And its a good thing he didn't say whatever that "bit of info" was.? Some fool would have asked Dizzy about it on myspace and Dizzy will never talk to him again.?

Being the first one to call someone a liar doesn't make you look smart, in case anyone was wondering.? When you don't really know what you are talking about, it just makes you look like an ass.
This guy conducted himself in a childish and unprofessional manner with this "interview". It had nothing to do with giving GNR fans any information, it was about having the spotlight on himself, and he was trying to keep that spotlight on for as long as possible. He acted shocked when we all didn't fall in line with his little agenda, but he had to know witholding "inside info" would cause a minor stir. If you'll look back and research Dizzy interviews, you will see that he has never spoken like this before.
 ?Misquoting and embellishing the words of your interview subject is almost criminal. In this case, he quite possibly put Dizzy's status in GNR on the line. Did anyone think that Axl's recent positive remarks towards ex members was his way of hoping in the future to build back the burnt bridges with his old bandmates? Well, with these derogatory remarks by Dizzy, that has been set back indefinitely. It basically wipes away the positive Axl comments.
 ?The next time you want to insult me or one of the other people here for not falling for this hook, line, and sinker, go read a book on ethics, or take a journalism class.

I never thought I'd say this.. but jameslofton29, you're spot on?word for word ok
Thanks Gunner! ?beer Its times like this when we need to stick together, and not fall for every little scam that comes along in the GNR world, and not cave in to those who start them and those that believe them. We have seen fake stories, fake rumours, fake song leaks, etc. Until Axl releases this album, we will continue to see those things. To use the words of Sinead O Connor: 'Fight the Enemy'. ok peace Cool

rainX
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2006, 12:20:44 AM »

None of these things mean he isn't telling the truth.

Of course Merck is gonna say what he said, and of course Lisa is gonna say that. You think she's just gonna be like "yeah, my husband was making out with college chicks!"

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

where is said "frat boy" now... is he sticking by it or is Lisa Reed a liar now too?Huh ? glad someone else tried to verify it by showing the interview to lisa and asking questions about it...... and anyone who wanted to give me shit for asking Dizzy about it on myspace can get in the ring....
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2006, 12:29:23 AM »

Of course Merck is gonna say what he said, and of course Lisa is gonna say that. You think she's just gonna be like "yeah, my husband was making out with college chicks!"

No offense, but why isn't it possible that this kid made up the interview? Look at your last line, would it make sense this kid would say that on a forum where Dizzy's family would read it, then say he dosen't want to endanger his status in the band?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2006, 12:32:03 AM »

I believe that interview is HIGHLY embelleshed to make the frat boy look better

to me that means hes lying in a nice way

where did that come from?Huh

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2006, 12:33:19 AM »

Lisa Reed is guessing just like the rest of us.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2006, 12:39:16 AM »

oh here we go.. now its time for you all to discredit lisa reed too.... like she doesnt  talk to her husband??? her best guess is better than frat boys interview skills.... sorry dude.. ur reaching for it now..
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »

this was brought to my attention by chineseblues:

posted by Lisa Reed:

I believe that interview is HIGHLY embelleshed to make the frat boy look better, maybe he just added stuff to make it sound better since he wasn't getting much info. Some of the stuff is most likely true, but a lot of it is not

http://p221.ezboard.com/fthesirdizzyreedappreciationsocietypart2frm2.showMessageRange?topicID=3103.topic&start=21&stop=29

Does this mean we can all let rip and start talking shit on "Frat Boys"?  hihi

Its pretty obvious that some of the account has been exaggerated, you only have to look at certain things that are said in the first few lines of the interview to figure that out! I wont say anymore as someone deleted the original posts i made back on Pg1 pointing this out!

Jonx
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2006, 12:44:54 AM »

Exaclty, im glad someone else pointed this out!

As i said in the post above, i pointed this whole "making out with college chicks" thing at the begining of this thread, but my posts were deleted!

Jonx
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2006, 12:45:02 AM »

oh here we go.. now its time for you all to discredit lisa reed too.... like she doesnt? talk to her husband??? her best guess is better than frat boys interview skills.... sorry dude.. ur reaching for it now..

His wife stays at home and runs a message board while he goes off and tours.

Yeah, I bet he doesn't hide anything from her...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2006, 12:49:12 AM »

oh here we go.. now its time for you all to discredit lisa reed too.... like she doesnt? talk to her husband??? her best guess is better than frat boys interview skills.... sorry dude.. ur reaching for it now..

Your little swipes at Lisa Reed are beyond pathetic.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #291 on: January 26, 2006, 12:49:43 AM »

oh here we go.. now its time for you all to discredit lisa reed too.... like she doesnt  talk to her husband??? her best guess is better than frat boys interview skills.... sorry dude.. ur reaching for it now..

15 years of marriage says that he doesnt! And i think she has a pretty good idea of what its like to be on tour with Rockstars, after all one of her books is about this very subject!

Jonx

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2006, 12:54:49 AM »

Your little swipes at Lisa Reed are beyond pathetic.

Hey - if this interview is already "putting Dizzy's status in GNR on the line", why not let it ruin a marriage as well?

She's in denial.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2006, 12:57:39 AM »

15 years of marriage says that he doesnt! And i think she has a pretty good idea of what its like to be on tour with Rockstars, after all one of her books is about this very subject!

Jonx

so of course if she wrote books about it and shes been married to a rockstar.. shes not stupid and shes not gonna be fooled.. and for anyone to question Lisa Reed or her marriage based on some stupid 20something, pimplefaced, star struck college kids interview is not only rude, low and just wrong..... ?

she can comment on it just the same as you can or i can but where your taking this is wrong.... your gonna belive that pimple faced kid over lisa reed??? ?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2006, 01:01:22 AM »

she can comment on it just the same as you can or i can but where your taking this is wrong.... your gonna belive that pimple faced kid over lisa reed??? ?

I'm going to believe this interview is real until proven otherwise.

There's no reason not to thus far.
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2006, 01:01:55 AM »

I think it's really lame how everybody is jumping all over Madagascar88.
He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student. ?And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word. ?Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate? ?Sure. ?But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar. ?Don't let the others bother you.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

i don't understand why bother lisa reed if people already were deeming this interview a fake? Huh
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2006, 01:08:19 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student. ?And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word. ?Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate? ?Sure. ?But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar. ?Don't let the others bother you.
Dont you have a forum to run? confused Why do you care what we think anyways? All your minions at mygnr believe all of this shit, so preach your gospel over there.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2006, 01:10:46 AM »

i don't understand why bother lisa reed if people already were deeming this interview a fake? Huh

A billion internet posters can scream "OMG THAT'S FAKE!", and yet it doesn't matter because they have no proof.

That's why Dizzy is now in the wonderful situation where if he denies the interview happened, he betrays the fraternity that hosted him, and if he confirms the interview happened, he damages his relationship with Lisa.

Here's to drama!

beer
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2006, 01:10:52 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student.  And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word.  Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate?  Sure.  But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar.  Don't let the others bother you.
Dont you have a forum to run? confused Why do you care what we think anyways? All your minions at mygnr believe all of this shit, so preach your gospel over there.

I think this topic needs a lock until Madi can provide proof to one of the mods, rip the tape to MP3 or something and post it on the net!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: