Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:57:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 207264 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2006, 01:14:49 AM »

I think it's really lame how everybody is jumping all over Madagascar88.
He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student.? And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word.? Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate?? Sure.? But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar.? Don't let the others bother you.
Dont you have a forum to run? confused Why do you care what we think anyways? All your minions at mygnr believe all of this shit, so preach your gospel over there.

I think this topic needs a lock until Madi can provide proof to one of the mods, rip the tape to MP3 or something and post it on the net!

Why can't we just wait to hear from someone in the GNR camp?

If this is that big of a deal to them, they'll deny either parts of the interview as factual or the whole thing completely.
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2006, 01:28:56 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student. ?And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word. ?Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate? ?Sure. ?But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar. ?Don't let the others bother you.
Dont you have a forum to run? confused Why do you care what we think anyways? All your minions at mygnr believe all of this shit, so preach your gospel over there.

We're all part of the same GNR community dude - regardless of what forum you choose to visit. 
And I speak out when a member of that community is being unfairly bashed.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2006, 01:46:22 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student.  And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word.  Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate?  Sure.  But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar.  Don't let the others bother you.

The most embarrassing part of this entire thread is how you have acted, jameslofton. If you choose to not believe it, then state your opinion and move on. But to literally harass this person when you had no evidence other than intutiion is really repellant. The piece maybe exaggerated or just plain wrong in spots but you had no proof behind your accusations.   Lisa Reed and Merck have raised questions about the piece but it has not been shown to be  fabricated.  Unfortunately because of your behavior in this thread, the original poster will probably not answer any more questions that now have been raised.  Good job.  rant

And even though Lisa and Merck have raised questions, you have not been vindicated. Your behavior was out of line and you should be ashamed.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2006, 01:53:47 AM »

I heard Lisa Reed was gunna sell the interview on ebay.  Huh

Just what I heard , I dunno if anyone can confirm it or not? Mysteron? Merck? Madison?!  Huh

Warren
« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2006, 02:12:45 AM »

rainx,
you're borderline stupid, I reckon.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2006, 02:20:15 AM »

I heard Lisa Reed was gunna sell the interview on ebay.? Huh

Just what I heard , I dunno if anyone can confirm it or not? Mysteron? Merck? Madison?!? Huh

You're completely useless as a poster.

Somebody had to say it.
badapple81
« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »

I think this whole community has sunken to an all time low  Sad
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2006, 02:34:04 AM »

I heard Lisa Reed was gunna sell the interview on ebay.  Huh

Just what I heard , I dunno if anyone can confirm it or not? Mysteron? Merck? Madison?!  Huh

Somebody had to say it.

Well it's better I hear it from you , DunkinDave , then anyone else.  ok

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student.? And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word.? Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate?? Sure.? But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

The most embarrassing part of this entire thread is how you have acted, jameslofton. If you choose to not believe it, then state your opinion and move on. But to literally harass this person when you had no evidence other than intutiion is really repellant. The piece maybe exaggerated or just plain wrong in spots but you had no proof behind your accusations.? ?Lisa Reed and Merck have raised questions about the piece but it has not been shown to be? fabricated.? Unfortunately because of your behavior in this thread, the original poster will probably not answer any more questions that now have been raised.? Good job.? rant

And even though Lisa and Merck have raised questions, you have not been vindicated. Your behavior was out of line and you should be ashamed.
KV, the most embarassing part of the thread was the first post, and how the guy offered up this interview. I didn't harass this person. How could I, when it got a little hot here, he took off. Me and several others were just discussing the authenticity of this interview. If you cant handle that, then maybe you should post in other threads. But I'm done with this thread. I made my point, and I dont want to start anything here with fellow members, ?and its slowly coming out that the info is garbage anyways..

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2006, 02:41:45 AM »

I heard Lisa Reed was gunna sell the interview on ebay.? Huh

Just what I heard , I dunno if anyone can confirm it or not? Mysteron? Merck? Madison?!? Huh

Somebody had to say it.

Well it's better I hear it from you , DunkinDave , then anyone else.? ok

No prob.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »

I think this topic needs a lock until Madi can provide proof to one of the mods, rip the tape to MP3 or something and post it on the net!

as much as I'd love to post the video... and in fact, talking to some of the brothers- that was their suggestion for me to get out of this mess... I couldn't do that.
Warren
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2006, 02:50:22 AM »

Madagascarshithole,
Shut the fuck up. It's the best you can do. I guarantee you.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: January 26, 2006, 02:54:13 AM »

as much as I'd love to post the video... and in fact, talking to some of the brothers- that was their suggestion for me to get out of this mess... I couldn't do that.

Post a screencap and/or photograph of you sitting next to Dizzy, at the very least.
Warren
« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2006, 02:58:12 AM »

He posted something on mygnrforum...

He admited the interview is fake.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:06:55 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2006, 03:07:29 AM »

He posted something on mygnr...

So is about 99.4% of every rumor , fan encounter , interview in our lil GNR world.  I'm starting to think you guys are all fake too.  nervous  This is not real , I've been duped.

It's like , when a friend tlls me something now , no matter how mundane it is , I almost feel like yelling at him ,"oh yeah?! Name your sources you one post wonder!"

From now on when someone lies to me or tricks me in real life I think I'll just say "when do you think chinese democracy will come out?"

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #315 on: January 26, 2006, 03:11:29 AM »

I just read his statement at mygnr. What a douche bag. He met Dizzy, but all the juicy details were lies.

badapple81
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »

What a complete tool.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2006, 03:25:12 AM »

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:27:44 AM by DunkinDave » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2006, 03:30:12 AM »

He's not a professional journalist guys -- he's a student.  And I thought he did a good job trying to ask questions -- and using a tape recorder to ensure accuracy in the answers. He freely admitted the parts that he paraphrased and the parts that he quoted word for word.  Is it possible the paraphrased parts aren't 100% accurate?  Sure.  But I don't think he tried to mislead anybody - which is more than I can say for some other sites that try to interview people and take their quotes out of context.

Good job Madagascar.  Don't let the others bother you.

The most embarrassing part of this entire thread is how you have acted, jameslofton. If you choose to not believe it, then state your opinion and move on. But to literally harass this person when you had no evidence other than intutiion is really repellant. The piece maybe exaggerated or just plain wrong in spots but you had no proof behind your accusations.   Lisa Reed and Merck have raised questions about the piece but it has not been shown to be  fabricated.  Unfortunately because of your behavior in this thread, the original poster will probably not answer any more questions that now have been raised.  Good job.  rant

KV, the most embarassing part of the thread was the first post, and how the guy offered up this interview. I didn't harass this person. How could I, when it got a little hot here, he took off. Me and several others were just discussing the authenticity of this interview. If you cant handle that, then maybe you should post in other threads. But I'm done with this thread. I made my point, and I dont want to start anything here with fellow members,  and its slowly coming out that the info is garbage anyways..

Considering how you fly off the handle whenever some rumor is posted, I wonder whether it is a good for this forum for you to chase around those who post this information. there maybe a time when the information is genuine and the poster is being honest. It is not good buisness for a community act the way in which this thread has shown. Proof was requested very early on but still the conversation degenerated into name calling. This happens habitually to Mysteron as well. One day, idiots here will chase away someone with something important to say. We are getting to that point.

If you read maddie 88's response on mygnr, he only said that he exaggerated on one part, not the whole interview. Considering his comments about respect towards Lisa and Diz, I actually think he is saying this to protect them. The comments could very well be true but he is backing off. He does say that the interview was genuine and has pictures to prove it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:32:21 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: January 26, 2006, 03:31:29 AM »

I just read his statement at mygnr. What a douche bag. He met Dizzy, but all the juicy details were lies.

No they weren't.

Quote from: Madagascar88
anyway... to switch the topic a little I'm gonna try my best to ignore the flaming that's going on in HTGTH although it kind of makes me crawl into hole sometimes when reading it. I'm issuing an apology to Lisa/Dizzy tomorrow for ever even posting the interview. As I've said many times... I couldn't care less as to whether some of you jackasses believe my responses or not... the only thing I care about is my reputation/integrity with Dizzy & Lisa. Because most of the second part of my "interview" transcript comes from private conversations between me and Dizzy... I should CERTAINLY have thought about my actions before I pursued them, I would've realized that if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't want those words posted.

I will also now state that the "confidential" paragraph I posted during the second part was a complete exaggeration of the actual lunchtime conversation... it is in no ways true and I was basically trying to get some attention and I apologize to both the fans and to Dizzy for writing that up.

So he's admitting this isn't real:
You know... all those guys do... I mean, I'm not supposed to say this.. it's kind of confidential... but Slash, Duff... all those guys have been offering bigtime for a reunion. [I ask whether he means their agents] Yea... I mean they wouldn't ask our management themselves so they go through their own to contact us about a reunion.

But the rest of the interview he still claims is genuine.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: