Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How good is CD going to be? Better than AFD and/or UYI?  (Read 18007 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 01:03:59 PM »

Appetite For Destruction is unique and changed the Rock music. It's unfair to compare CD with Appetite.

People do and will compare all GnR material. How can i relate to the IRS, and songs about A's ex or so i keep on reading about. VR should do a song about Axl called: Get Over It (and move on).

Ha, good one!? Axl's vocals on VR's music would be sick.? Axl vocals on nuGNR's music is sick.

Pantera did a song called "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit!!!"  hihi basically about that. The only thing that counts is today

shaun
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 01:04:36 PM »

Appetite For Destruction is unique and changed the Rock music. It's unfair to compare CD with Appetite.

People do and will compare all GnR material. How can i relate to the IRS, and songs about A's ex or so i keep on reading about. VR should do a song about Axl called: Get Over It (and move on).

Pantera did a song called "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit!!!"  hihi basically about that. The only thing that counts is today
Ha, good one!  Axl's vocals on VR's music would be sick.  Axl vocals on nuGNR's music is sick.

Thanx, must check that song out  Grin

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a large number of new people signing up to this forum and starting new threads over and over  Huh
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:07:24 PM by D0badog » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »

not another one of these threads.. GNr was massive when teh illusions came out, people lined the streets... This will not happen for this album except for us people here buying 25 copies each..

Nothing was worth that wait, a wait only seems worth it because it's finally over..
Mike, alot of these newer fans just dont seem to realize how it really was back then. All they get to do is read about it in forums and magazines. Anyone who actually experienced that craze has to know it cant be like that again. Just because the whole planet doesnt split apart on CD release day doesnt mean it cant be great. These people that think this album is taking over the universe are going to be in for the shock of their lives on release day. Us realists know better, but we'll let the dreamers dream. hihi

Origen
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

CD is going to top the illusions.

No it isn't/won't
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

not another one of these threads.. GNr was massive when teh illusions came out, people lined the streets... This will not happen for this album except for us people here buying 25 copies each..

Nothing was worth that wait, a wait only seems worth it because it's finally over..
Mike, alot of these newer fans just dont seem to realize how it really was back then. All they get to do is read about it in forums and magazines. Anyone who actually experienced that craze has to know it cant be like that again. Just because the whole planet doesnt split apart on CD release day doesnt mean it cant be great. These people that think this album is taking over the universe are going to be in for the shock of their lives on release day. Us realists know better, but we'll let the dreamers dream. hihi

You said it James, If you expect a brand new album to eclipse one of the greatest albums ever you are just waiting for a letdown.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:13 PM »

What it comes down to...

Old GnR > New GnR

Everyone can understand that. Axl is great.. Knows how to write a beautful song but Slash and Co. knew how to transform it into a slap in the face, punch in the gut rock n roll.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a large number of new people signing up to this forum and starting new threads over and over? Huh

Naaaoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! really? hihi (it sucks but it'll calm down a couple days after the leaking is done, just a little patience) Until them my thoughts and prayers are with the Mods rofl

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 01:11:16 PM »

I don't think he did, I think its been the media and all the hired musicians that have hyped it up more than anything. I think when Axl started hiring musicians in 1998 he didn't really intend to make an album that he thought would outsell or rival the old material. I think he was making music just to make music, after all he is just an artist. I get tired of people saying ohh, "he spent 10 years working on this, and its far from a masterpiece." In actuality I don't think he spent that much time on it and with the revolving line up of hired guns, I can see how some delays occurred. Either way, I am greatful that it finally seems we will get 13 tracks that he has chose to share with us. I can't wait man. peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

I think he's a bit too modest for that kinda shit.

Look at his reactions to his songs from what we've heard

At a strip club a stripper plays NR for her dance and he blushes
At Korn party they play PC and he blows it off saying the DJ is playing "crappy music"

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a large number of new people signing up to this forum and starting new threads over and over? Huh

Naaaoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! really? hihi (it sucks but it'll calm down a couple days after the leaking is done, just a little patience) Until them my thoughts and prayers are with the Mods rofl
its getting out of control. there is just too many threads, and there about the same shit. how many different threads does there have to be about the new songs. hell, that minnesotanewsguy created like 20 radio threads before they were locked.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 01:20:21 PM »

BLS, you are dead on.  None of these songs has given me a hard on yet the way Paradise City, Rocket Queen, and Coma does.  But, we can love it for what it is.  I do love it, but it doesn't have the sexyness to it the old GNR did.  We shall see, but I need guitar playing with balls.  Bucket sure does have some chops though.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »

!!!!!!

Imagine what Slash would do with the solo in Twat....... drool
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 01:22:57 PM »

i'm talking quality.
and i'm new...
"not another one"... lmao, just don't read it then, mr. experienced poster.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 01:23:58 PM »

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a large number of new people signing up to this forum and starting new threads over and over  Huh

its getting out of control. there is just too many threads, and there about the same shit. how many different threads does there have to be about the new songs. hell, that minnesotanewsguy created like 20 radio threads before they were locked.

And this is after a few leaks....wait until CD drops.  its going to be MUCH worse!  Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
shaun
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 01:26:17 PM »

Lyrics: Velvet Revolver - Get Over It  (and move on)

Chorus: Scott, Slash, Matt and Duff (all at once)

Geeeeeeeet - ooooooover - iiiiiiiit!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 01:34:19 PM »

Lyrics: Velvet Revolver - Get Over It? (and move on)

Chorus: Scott, Slash, Matt and Duff (all at once)

Hey DildoDog, you're a fuckin clever guy.  Actually though, the above quote would be an improvement on their lyrics.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 01:34:51 PM »

Nope, we said that
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »

Axl never claimed it, but we do because we know that Axl is a musical genius from his previous work.  He has so much potential.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Axl say this was an album for him.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

To answer the post...umm...YES!  I can honestly say everyone I've spoken to here has listened to each demo at LEAST 20 times.  I think that shows ya care, how 'bout you?

Jameslofton was right.  The good discussions about the music have found their way to page 2.  Time to get 'em back on page 1!!!   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: